1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cleveland (resized).jpg
    7DE1DC32-1E9B-4583-9E16-1447495F3882 (resized).jpeg
    7189138F-E656-487D-BC2A-21EDBE2A208C (resized).png
    C367EC8A-E538-48C5-B52B-DD2C9A3BC084 (resized).jpeg
    5A1020DB-21ED-4500-B828-6CD3193B6B5A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190222-115500_Facebook (resized).jpg
    4814C5F8-049A-4F0F-893A-E80F31E2A41A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1yhf3t (resized).jpg
    3F0934DD-815D-4212-A0D4-05AC2966E59C (resized).png
    F7136FF0-F473-4F1B-9950-F1778380BCD2 (resized).png
    2F1AC12A-54AE-49B4-9282-2D142278F50F (resized).png
    0CBD7791-0F6D-472A-8815-082BE628B01A (resized).jpeg
    bearssuck.gif
    ctebro (resized).png
    received_10211795375860886 (resized).jpeg

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 1 year ago

I've already stopped watching AAF games, and that isn't a good sign for them. As always, I base the entire world on my sample size of 1.

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The TV ratings haven't been bad.

Well they're going to plummet if they don't stop ****ing around with the sky cam and producing 12-9 score lines. On top of that, they're broadcasting on NFL Network which a lot of people (including me) don't get and a lot of people aren't savvy enough (or care enough) to search for the stream on YouTube. This weekend they're broadcasting on Bleacher Report.

From what I've seen so far, only Orlando and San Antonio have had decent home attendance. Salt Lake hasn't played a home game yet so that remains to be seen.

#153 1 year ago

The website is a dumpster fire but was streaming the game really well on Saturday.

#154 1 year ago

I'm curious enough about it to check out a Steve Spurrier game but I've been busy every weekend moving pinball machines around.

What will end first, my 4-weekend streak of delivering/picking up games, or the AAF season/league's existence?

I'm delivering a Gorgar and picking up a Jackbot and Hot Tip next weekend. Might be in the clear after that.

#155 1 year ago

First thing they need to do is drop the Saturday night games. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that people are out doing stuff on friday and Saturday nights. I know they have Sunday games too but the whole marketing of the AAF is just bad. I never even knew about the AAF until a week before it started.

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

First thing they need to do is drop the Saturday night games. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that people are out doing stuff on friday and Saturday nights. I know they have Sunday games too but the whole marketing of the AAF is just bad. I never even knew about the AAF until a week before it started.

No way! I personally love Saturday night games. If I'm getting out at all these days, it's likely at a place that will have some type of sports on - whether that's a private home playing cards with friends, or a rare trip to an arcade or sports bar.

More often I'm at home. I love to have a game on while I throw some darts or shoot some pool.

I do agree about the marketing. The only reason I found it was because I couldn't remember if the XFL started this year or next. In searching for that, I stumbled upon the AAF. I remember hearing something about it a while ago, but I had forgotten all about it.

#157 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20190222-115500_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #158 1 year ago

Looking forward to the AAF this weekend. Want to see how many people show up in Salt Lake and Atlanta. Assuming players got paid today.

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Assuming players got paid today.

It would be impressive if the AAF already burned through last week's $250 million bailout. Of course they started a new league and apparently only budgeted for the first week of the season, so finance may not be a strong point ...

#160 1 year ago

Why is this thread in the basement now? Might as well just shut it down then.

#161 1 year ago

I watched all 4 AAF games this weekend. Too many incomplete passes in this league. Either the QB overthrows the receiver or the ball goes right through the receiver's hands. Very frustrating to watch especially on 3rd down plays. I guess this is the quality of football to be expected when you're players are NFL cast offs.

Best game of the weekend was last night's San Diego/San Antonio game. At least Mike Martz's San Diego Fleet look competent on offense. They put up over 30 points and that little RB Gardner had a 83 yard run to the house.

Christian Hackenberg finally got benched. Memphis (0-3) may be able to turn it around with Mettenberger under center.

People still complaining that they can't watch the games. I've watched most of my games on YouTube.

#162 1 year ago

The Hackenburg thing is hilarious. Pundits keep saying "What a disappointment!!!" but the real story is why the Jets thought he was worth a ridiculous 2nd round pick. I had a friend who went to Penn State when Hack was Hacking it up there and he told me he was a TERRIBLE QB, yet predicted he'd get picked high cause he was big, dumb, and looked like your "prototypical QB."

The real story isn't that Hack sucks - he's always sucked and was always going to be a terrible pro prospect. The real story is why teams keep picking guys like Hackenburgh with high draft picks.

#163 1 year ago

Yeah I didn't get that one at all... I didn't think he was good at Penn State.
    He must have been tall with a "cannon arm" or whatever bullshit they keep pumping.

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I didn't get that one at all... I didn't think he was good at Penn State.
    He must have been tall with a "cannon arm" or whatever bullshit they keep pumping.

I don't want to rile people up but there's a reason total scrubs like Hack keep getting drafted high, while teams continue to pass on legit potential superstars and proven winners like Deshaun Watson. Watson was drafted WAY later than he should have been and Hack probably shouldn't have been drafted at all, much less in the 2nd round.

Time and time again.

The fact that Hack is even ON a pro roster at this point - even one as phony as the AAF - is a testament to the privilege that he enjoys even though he's proven beyond a doubt that football is not a career he has any business pursuing at this point in his life.

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

football is not a career he has any business pursuing at this point in his life.

Well that's what the AAF is going to show. Like that Salt Lake kicker that went 1-4 on field goals in week 2 (yet he was back again I think for week 3). I think the AAF is a second chance opportunity for some and for others a writing on the wall that they need to find another job.

I like the concept of the AAF. I think there will be guys going to NFL training camp this summer. Whether they stick or not remains to be seen.

The problem I have with AAF is that they didn't have sufficient training camp. They kept making excuses during the first week of telecasts "these players have only been together for a month" - well the deal is people are tuning in to CBS for the opener and not impressed with inept offenses as their first (and perhaps lasting) impression.

We'll see as the season progresses if the offense gets better as a whole. I've been impressed with San Diego and Orlando so far. Not so much with everyone else.

But, as a sucker for football, I'll be tuning in again this coming weekend. At least it's better than arena football.

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Well that's what the AAF is going to show. Like that Salt Lake kicker that went 1-4 on field goals in week 2 (yet he was back again I think for week 3). I think the AAF is a second chance opportunity for some and for others a writing on the wall that they need to find another job.
    I like the concept of the AAF. I think there will be guys going to NFL training camp this summer. Whether they stick or not remains to be seen.
    The problem I have with AAF is that they didn't have sufficient training camp. They kept making excuses during the first week of telecasts "these players have only been together for a month" - well the deal is people are tuning in to CBS for the opener and not impressed with inept offenses as their first (and perhaps lasting) impression.
    We'll see as the season progresses if the offense gets better as a whole. I've been impressed with San Diego and Orlando so far. Not so much with everyone else.
    But, as a sucker for football, I'll be tuning in again this coming weekend. At least it's better than arena football.

Bringing in Spurrier was the best move they made, especially for the Florida market. Inspired! If I lived down there I'd go see a game.

A lot of the other moves aren't working out as well. But it's about what you'd expect from scrub pro football - the players and teams just aren't going to be very good.

As far as the 3 weeks of training camp or whatever...there's just not that much you can do with a startup league. They are already cash-strapped so you can't give them 3 months to ramp up like the nFL. They just can't afford it.

#167 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If I lived down there I'd go see a game.

I think it would be fun to get out of this miserable PA weather and fly down for a Saturday home game. I hate winter.

#168 1 year ago

Could be good for some of the non-drafted players.

#169 1 year ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Could be good for some of the non-drafted players.

Inevitably, yes, a few of these players will trickle down into the NFL and become journeymen players. That's great for them.

The majority will wash out when the league inevitably folds this season or next and move on to the next chapter of their lives. It's great for the statistically insignificant few players who manage to catch on in the NFL but does it really justify a league nobody wants?

In the end that's probably how it works out. I could be wrong but we've seen this play out before many times.

#170 1 year ago

I think we'll have to give it chance to find out if it's *a league nobody wants* or not, I personally don't like Arena Football but hey it's still going so I'll hold my judgement for now.

11 months later
    #171 4 months ago

Time to bring this thread back?

#172 4 months ago

This super bowl is going to be a hard one to pick, both teams could at anytime take over the game and cruise to victory. For SF I guess it comes down to just a few things. I'm going with SF as I think they are the more balanced in offensive attack than the Chiefs

SF must in order to win

1) Establish the run game. This will assure all Garoppolo has to do is protect the ball by utilizing short screen passes, tosses into the flat or over the middle for short gains.

2) SF will have to figure out how they can play "man to man" coverage, still have a spy on Mahomes while maintaining double coverage on Hill if they hope to stop the Chiefs.

3) Disrupt Mahomes with pass rush and limit his big play abilities when flushed from the pocket.

I believe if SF can contain Mahomes (he can't be stopped) so his arm is limited and shut down his go to Hill they can and will win this game. SF defense will have to keep Chiefs running game in check which I think poses little problem alone, containment of Mahomes is key to this.

#173 4 months ago

Hey, this looks like a fun place to talk about football...

Chiefs 27
    49ers 20

That being said, the 49ers will probably win 27-3.

#174 4 months ago

See the Browns have hired Andrew Berry from the Eagles front office for your new GM. Looks like it could be a good hire, hope it works out for them.

#175 4 months ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Hey, this looks like a fun place to talk about football...
    Chiefs 27
    49ers 20
    That being said, the 49ers will probably win 27-3.

Truth is either could win this game but I've noticed most (even vegas) believes the Chiefs will win. I'm banking on 49ers defense reigning in Mahomes (as much as that is possible) and allowing the run game to post a "W" for them.

#176 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

See the Browns have hired Andrew Berry from the Eagles front office for your new GM. Looks like it could be a good hire, hope it works out for them.

Combined age of the HC and GM is 69 years old. This is either going to be the new blueprint for many teams going forward, or it's going to blow up right in their faces.

I've been a Browns fan long enough, unfortunately I feel like I've seen this movie before. Let the fireworks begin!

#177 4 months ago

Why is this thread in the basement?

#178 4 months ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If anything, the "NFL/NBA/XFL/Cricket/Whatever name CenterFlank wants to give it next" thread should be moved to the basement. Looking back at this one I didn't see anything that would warrant a banishing.

#179 4 months ago

I like the basement, I go down there to watch the game and play my games!

#180 4 months ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really not sure. I just think when I started it a couple people bitched that there were two threads, so this one was moved downstairs.

#181 4 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Really not sure. I just think when I started it a couple people bitched that there were two threads, so this one was moved downstairs.

Well, if a new user came to the forum today they would only see one topic dedicated to talking about the NFL. If they want to talk about cricket, well, they are going to be pretty confused.

#182 4 months ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Well, if a new user came to the forum today they would only see one topic dedicated to talking about the NFL. If they want to talk about cricket, well, they are going to be pretty confused.

I don’t think new users can see basement topics. I’ll see if I can get it moved out.

#183 4 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t think new users can see basement topics. I’ll see if I can get it moved out.

Good point. Didn't think about that.

#184 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Time to bring this thread back?

Nope.

#185 4 months ago

Why not?

#186 4 months ago

Putting aside it was super dumb from jump street, whats the point? Because the name keeps changing? IT's been the same fucking 8 people in there for years

#187 4 months ago

There aren't to many of us there throughout. Have you looked back and seen how many people no longer post anymore. I did just out of curiosity of wondering where guys like Monarca who was a huge NE fan went to.

#188 4 months ago

This thread has been resuscitated for seven hours and only two downvotes so far, with zero name changes.

I'd say that's pretty good.

#189 4 months ago

I dont see any reason that we couldnt have two threads. If you didnt want to post here then just dont post here. Maybe call this one Colsond's football thread or something like that?

#190 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I did just out of curiosity of wondering where guys like Monarca who was a huge NE fan went to.

I don;t understand what your point is, how is moving to a new thread going to help people that don't post anymore?

Some random thoughts on why people don't post

78% of the thread is talking aboot the fucking Bengals for some reason
    Who-dey doesn't even like football and just comes there to post quasi-political statements aboot young kids these days
    Obviously dirtbag

Probably a few more I could think of

#191 4 months ago

That's your opinion Law, so just don't post here. I was speaking of the old thread where so many are no longer posting. You think we talk about the Bengals to much???? So what you're are really saying is we talk to much about football for you? Anytime someone wants to jump in about another team that's fine with me but I'm not going to stop posting about my team that's what we're (or some of us) are here for.

#192 4 months ago

The idea of multiple NFL threads with the same 6 people in them talking about terrible teams like the browns, bengals, and redskins does indeed seem odd, but I’m all for abandoning the one with some self-exiled moron controlling borderline retarded thread title changes every day.

So you win Colsond! Don’t let us down buddy!

#193 4 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t understand what your point is, how is moving to a new thread going to help people that don't post anymore?
    Some random thoughts on why people don't post
    78% of the thread is talking aboot the fucking Bengals for some reason
    Who-dey doesn't even like football and just comes there to post quasi-political statements aboot young kids these days
    Obviously dirtbag
    Probably a few more I could think of

Lol dude you sound like a little kid or something. I LOVE football and used to be a bigger fan than all of you guys put together probably. I'm allowed to not like the direction the NFL is going in and even if the Bengals suck me and RWH are still allowed to talk about the Bengals with each other in there. You know that you can put us on ignore and you will never see any of our posts right? Same with Dirtbag, you can ignore him as well.

Also you post more than anyone on pinside so its laughable that you would even complain about someone posting too much. Look at your posting stats. I would say that its safe to say that you may post more than anyone on this forum.

And lastly, why does it matter if there is two threads? Post in them both or pick the one that you like. The OP isnt even calling it the NFL thread anymore and he keeps changing the name of it daily. Just because you dont like someone doesn't give you the right to tell them that they can't post in a certain thread. Do you have any idea how many people think that your an ass? It's a lot trust me! I have defended you to numerous people. I just laugh and say yeah he's a dick but hes alright overall. Chill out and relax and have some fun.

#194 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you win Colsond! Don’t let us down buddy!

I don’t really care either way. I’ve grown tired of some people on here, and haven’t been posting as much.

#195 4 months ago

That said...let’s go Chiefs!

#196 4 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That said...let’s go Chiefs!

I'm rooting for the Chiefs because I like Mahomes so much but I have a bad feeling that they cant beat the 49rs

#197 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The idea of multiple NFL threads with the same 6 people in them talking about terrible teams like the browns, bengals, and redskins does indeed seem odd, but I’m all for abandoning the one with some self-exiled moron controlling borderline retarded thread title changes every day.

Regardless of their records they are NFL teams and as such have fans that want to discuss them. I'm willing to talk about any team (except the Pats), no just kidding I can talk about them too. My point is it's a football thread and if no one else wants to speak up about their team or any team I should not be expected to not post about mine, I'm a Fan!

#198 4 months ago

I have waited most of my adult life for the Chiefs to make it to the Super Bowl! I hope they can pull out a win!

#199 4 months ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

I have waited most of my adult life for the Chiefs to make it to the Super Bowl! I hope they can pull out a win!

Your dreams may just come true! I'm taking the 49ers but man this game can go any direction at any time. That being said here's to a good damn game regardless of the outcome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Special When Lit
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 99.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 190.00
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside