1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cleveland (resized).jpg
    7DE1DC32-1E9B-4583-9E16-1447495F3882 (resized).jpeg
    7189138F-E656-487D-BC2A-21EDBE2A208C (resized).png
    C367EC8A-E538-48C5-B52B-DD2C9A3BC084 (resized).jpeg
    5A1020DB-21ED-4500-B828-6CD3193B6B5A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190222-115500_Facebook (resized).jpg
    4814C5F8-049A-4F0F-893A-E80F31E2A41A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1yhf3t (resized).jpg
    3F0934DD-815D-4212-A0D4-05AC2966E59C (resized).png
    F7136FF0-F473-4F1B-9950-F1778380BCD2 (resized).png
    2F1AC12A-54AE-49B4-9282-2D142278F50F (resized).png
    0CBD7791-0F6D-472A-8815-082BE628B01A (resized).jpeg
    bearssuck.gif
    ctebro (resized).png
    received_10211795375860886 (resized).jpeg

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It starts out coherently, if trite, with a token sentence making it seem like this is gonna be your standard "Patriots are cheaters!!!!!" diatribe

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

where he can regale extended family members

Come on man, put the thesaurus down. Or are you typing these in MS Word before you post?

#52 1 year ago

I will not apologize for being an English major!

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will not apologize for being an English major!

But I WILL apologize for being a Lions fan. Ever heard of Bobby Lane? He was QB the last time the Lions won the championship—before there was a Super Bowl!

#54 1 year ago

Flacco to Denver.

The Case Keenum Era is over.

#55 1 year ago

looks like Bears/Packers may be the first game of the season this year...

Thursday night Sept 5th!

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

looks like Bears/Packers may be the first game of the season this year...
    Thursday night Sept 5th!

*yawn*

#57 1 year ago

oldest and best rivalry in the sport. Played in one of the oldest and best stadiums with the questions of are the Bears still coming up and what happens with a new packers coach...

I think that sounds like fun football, esp to start the season.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Flacco to Denver.
    The Case Keenum Era is over.

Ugh. It's hard to get excited about this move.

#59 1 year ago

New Packers coach is gonna suck. that's a total reach. Redskins old QB Coach?!

People want in on this Sean McVay coaching tree but how does a 32-year old have a coaching tree?

I predict failure.

#60 1 year ago

Fuckin brother cuttin' Bears!!!! Screw them!

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

New Packers coach is gonna suck. that's a total reach. Redskins old QB Coach?!

You might be right, but at least he made everyone think that Kirk Cousins was good. That's an accomplishment.

I've said it before, I don't want to use the Rams as a model franchise. I don't know why everyone ignores what the Pats do - control the clock, run high percentage plays, and just wear you down.

Time will tell. The coaching change I'm most concerned about (outside of HC) is losing the best O-line coach in the league, particularly because we'll need to develop someone to take over at RT very soon. Pettine stays in place as DC, which I think was a good move. All of the other changes felt well past due. Our DB coach was a darling of the franchise, but someone was responsible for letting tremendous talent slip through our fingers at that position.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fuckin brother cuttin' Bears!!!! Screw them!

Dude, you need to get over the fact I told you this.

It's gettin' a little weird.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Dude, you need to get over the fact I told you this.
    It's gettin' a little weird.

Uh oh.....

ctebro (resized).png
    #64 1 year ago

Look when someone tells me an exciting detail about their life - that their brother was once cut by the Bears and then picked up by no other team - it's simply too earth-shattering for me to NOT become obsessed with.

You simply can't unlearn something like that.

So I'm gonna return the favor; my uncle Mark was cut by Johnny Ramone in the pre-Ramones band The Tangerine Puppets. He has lots of good Johnny Ramone stories but it just wasn't meant to be, and he was out of the band at 15. Goddammit, he could have been the first Marky Ramone!!!

And...get this..my Aunt, on the other side of the family, dated Joey Ramone when he was in Sniper. She was like 14 and he was 20 lol. She dumped him because a) her friends were making fun of her cause he was so ugly, and b) he wanted to come over for Passover and she was horrified about what my grandma would think.

Goddamn both of those stories are way better than the brother cutting thing. Feel free to mention them at every opportunity.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Ugh. It's hard to get excited about this move.

Elway getting desperate. The old immobile white QB thing worked for him once and now he can't give up on it.

And they still owe Keenum $7 mil (10 dead cap hit if they cut him). Not a backbreaker but doesn't help. I'm sure they'll cut or try to trade Case but he isn't worth much to anybody.

Watch him end up on the Redskins.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Elway getting desperate. The old immobile white QB thing worked for him once and now he can't give up on it.
    And they still owe Keenum $7 mil (10 dead cap hit if they cut him). Not a backbreaker but doesn't help. I'm sure they'll cut or try to trade Case but he isn't worth much to anybody.
    Watch him end up on the Redskins.

Thanks for pointing out a potential silver lining, Keenum to the Redskins would make me feel a bit better about the whole thing. But he'll probably end up on the Giants.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look when someone tells me an exciting detail about their life - that their brother was once cut by the Bears and then picked up by no other team - it's simply too earth-shattering for me to NOT become obsessed with.
    You simply can't unlearn something like that.
    So I'm gonna return the favor; my uncle Mark was cut by Johnny Ramone in the pre-Ramones band The Tangerine Puppets. He has lots of good Johnny Ramone stories but it just wasn't meant to be, and he was out of the band at 15. Goddammit, he could have been the first Marky Ramone!!!
    And...get this..my Aunt, on the other side of the family, dated Joey Ramone when he was in Sniper. She was like 14 and he was 20 lol. She dumped him because a) her friends were making fun of her cause he was so ugly, and b) he wanted to come over for Passover and she was horrified about what my grandma would think.
    Goddamn both of those stories are way better than the brother cutting thing. Feel free to mention them at every opportunity.

tl;dr

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uh oh.....[quoted image]

"Rothlisberger"

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

"Rothlisberger"

bearssuck.gif
    #70 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

[quoted image]

I don't think you fully understand what triggered means. It's okay, you'll figure it out at some point.

Oh, and "Rothlisberger".

#71 1 year ago

To be fair, didn't he also say his brother made the pro bowl with another team? 49ers?

Shit, I just realized I'm posting in the "new" nfl thread. The other one has all of the context surrounding all of this bad blood. I'll be over there talking about my brother's accomplishments if anyone needs me.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People want in on this Sean McVay coaching tree but how does a 32-year old have a coaching tree?

Everybody wants what apparently worked out and let the Rams win a Super Bowl. Oh wait…it didn’t. They only scored three points and lost miserably.

#73 1 year ago

McVay looked completely overwhelmed under the bright lights, I thought he was going to ask Belichick for a piggy back ride before the game.
    They loaded up on talent last year, let's see how he does when a lot of those pieces move on.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

McVay looked completely overwhelmed under the bright lights,...

Yeah I had heard the criticism that he turtles up in big moments and that what happened....For all 4 quarters

#75 1 year ago

0CBD7791-0F6D-472A-8815-082BE628B01A (resized).jpeg

#76 1 year ago

Picking on McVay? Really? Dude has had a pretty good two years as a head coach.

Yeah got outcoached by Bill. Not the first guy that has happened to.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Picking on McVay? Really? Dude has had a pretty good two years as a head coach.
    Yeah got outcoached by Bill. Not the first guy that has happened to.

Are you McVay’s older brother? Do we have a dirtbag/Bears situation going on here?

Nobody is “picking on him”. I just find it amusing how the talk all season was that he was an offensive genius (I even heard the term savant being thrown around) and nobody could foil him, yet he fell flat on his face on the biggest stage.

And I am reveling in the fact that my Birds and Pederson beat up on the same coach that McVay couldn’t even land one punch on.

That’s what happens when you have to tell your quarterback everything, even to tie his shoes.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

Well apparently he has no problem smashing cell phones with all those rings on his hand.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Are you McVay’s older brother? Do we have a dirtbag/Bears situation going on here?
    Nobody is “picking on him”. I just find it amusing how the talk all season was that he was an offensive genius (I even heard the term savant being thrown around) and nobody could foil him, yet he fell flat on his face on the biggest stage.
    And I am reveling in the fact that my Birds and Pederson beat up on the same coach that McVay couldn’t even land one punch on.
    That’s what happens when you have to tell your quarterback everything, even to tie his shoes.

When are you gonna drop the whole "Eagles beat the exact same team the Rams lost to!!!" bit? First off it's NOT the same team it was a different team with different players in a different year. We all know that. That's the NFL and that's football.

Second...it's starting to get sad. Eagles won the Super Bowl over a year ago. They didn't win it this year. It's in the past man. Stop harping on it. Your gloat capital ran out when the Eagles choked away a lead against the Saints. I mean, you actually started this thread because you are in complete denial about it!!! (I didn't see you rushing to move on to a new thread last year after the Super Bowl was over).

Third...comparing me to Brotherbag66 is fucking low...even for an Eagles fan!!!

As far as McVay, he's not my brother but hey he's family (Redskins) so I'm proud to see him escape the Snyder insane asylum and have some success. I'm sure you were happy to see Frank Reich make some shinola out of shit this year in Indy.

McVay has had an excellent two-year head coaching career and seeing everybody monkey pile on him after a super bowl season seems kind of ridiculous. Like seeing you side with Masshole pats fans!!!

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Well apparently he has no problem smashing cell phones with all those rings on his hand.

At least something valuable was learned from the Aaron Hernandez situation

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Second...it's starting to get sad. Eagles won the Super Bowl over a year ago. They didn't win it this year. It's in the past man. Stop harping on it. Your gloat capital ran out when the Eagles choked away a lead against the Saints. I mean, you actually started this thread because you are in complete denial about it!!! (I didn't see you rushing to move on to a new thread last year after the Super Bowl was over).

Christ, I hate you so often Levi, I forget how much I really like you...

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Christ, I hate you so often Levi, I forget how much I really like you...

BOOOOOOOOM!

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When are you gonna drop the whole "Eagles beat the exact same team the Rams lost to!!!" bit? First off it's NOT the same team it was a different team with different players in a different year. We all know that. That's the NFL and that's football.

Oh shit...here we go. So now you're not only a Pinball God, but a Football God as well? Damn. After all, you are just.....well, you.

First, you edited your post quickly, but I'm not pissy at all. I just have the same shitty, holier than thou attitude that you New Yorkers share.

Second, that's right...it was an entirely different Pats team. Their whole lineup was different in 2017/2018, even a different quarterback. Oh wait, it wasn't much different. That has been discussed ad nauseam. Stop playing that card dude. The Pats team was essentially the same, and it is obvious that the Pats came to the SB to ball last year. The Eagles just balled harder, and actually went balls deep.

Third, it's not getting sad. I've had to watch my team lose for 50 years, so I'm not going to limit my discussions and celebrations to a fiscal year. And let's not forget, NOBODY thought or expected the Eagles to win that game, especially with Foles at the helm. But they did. So STFU. The party goes on here in Philly.

Fourth, I didn't start this thread for any particular reason, although watching the Pats' horn get polished every other post was just getting old to read. Plus the OP checks in once every 3 years. Wanted to broaden the discussion to the whole league, which clowns like you have prevented. Kudos.

Fifth, I wasn't really posting much in the other thread when the Birds won the SB. And I certainly didn't gloat like Cheatriots fans.

Sixth, comparing you to dirtbag was certainly appropriate. You are obviously infatuated with his brother, which raises a whole slew of other questions that will be put on the backburner for now.

Seventh, I think McVay is an awesome coach, and he's had a tremendous first two years. Fact: He still fell flat on his face in the SB. Simple. Done. Good luck to him next year. I'm sure he'll be back in the big game at least a few other times in years to come.

#84 1 year ago

An Eagles fan can count to 7.

Color me impressed

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Oh shit...here we go. So now you're not only a Pinball God, but a Football God as well? Damn. After all, you are just.....well, you.
    First, you edited your post quickly, but I'm not pissy at all. I just have the same shitty, holier than thou attitude that you New Yorkers share.
    Second, that's right...it was an entirely different Pats team. Their whole lineup was different in 2017/2018, even a different quarterback. Oh wait, it wasn't much different. That has been discussed ad nauseam. Stop playing that card dude. The Pats team was essentially the same, and it is obvious that the Pats came to the SB to ball last year. The Eagles just balled harder, and actually went balls deep.
    Third, it's not getting sad. I've had to watch my team lose for 50 years, so I'm not going to limit my discussions and celebrations to a fiscal year. And let's not forget, NOBODY thought or expected the Eagles to win that game, especially with Foles at the helm. But they did. So STFU. The party goes on here in Philly.
    Fourth, I didn't start this thread for any particular reason, although watching the Pats' horn get polished every other post was just getting old to read. Plus the OP checks in once every 3 years. Wanted to broaden the discussion to the whole league, which clowns like you have prevented. Kudos.
    Fifth, I wasn't really posting much in the other thread when the Birds won the SB. And I certainly didn't gloat like Cheatriots fans.
    Sixth, comparing you to dirtbag was certainly appropriate. You are obviously infatuated with his brother, which raises a whole slew of other questions that will be put on the backburner for now.
    Seventh, I think McVay is an awesome coach, and he's had a tremendous first two years. Fact: He still fell flat on his face in the SB. Simple. Done. Good luck to him next year. I'm sure he'll be back in the big game at least a few other times in years to come.

Colsond3 on the other thread after SuperBowl 52: "E...A...G...L...E...S.....Eagles!!!!! Suck it Brady. That's what happens when before the game you're interviewed, and you say "Well they can try to win."

As a matter of fact pretty much all of his posts after the last Super Bowl was anger at the Patriots rather than happiness for the Eagles.

And yes, this years Patriot defense is MUCH different than last year when we lost our 2nd best cb the week before the SB and replaced him with scrubs. New players, new DC Coordinator, etc. You don't seem to follow the sport but you have very strong opinions. Typical Eagles fan...

#86 1 year ago

The Super Bowl MVP this year didn't play in last year's Super Bowl.

EXACT SAME TEAM!!!!!

#87 1 year ago

That’s fine, come after me. I love threesomes. Don’t forget I know where both of you live:

2F1AC12A-54AE-49B4-9282-2D142278F50F (resized).png
    #88 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Super Bowl MVP this year didn't play in last year's Super Bowl.
    EXACT SAME TEAM!!!!!

And here we go with the Edelman talk again. The MVP that thinks he’s a HOF candidate but will never be...at least he should never be unless he puts up better numbers.

But I don’t follow the sport like a typical Eagles fan, so what do I know. Oh wow, looks like Edelman is number 248 on the list.

F7136FF0-F473-4F1B-9950-F1778380BCD2 (resized).png3F0934DD-815D-4212-A0D4-05AC2966E59C (resized).png
    #89 1 year ago

How is Edelman in the post season?

#90 1 year ago

I grow fatigued at this pointless discussion.

But I'll admit there's really nothing to talk about till the draft.

Except boneheaded trades-in-principle like the Flacco deal I guess.

#91 1 year ago

Edelman a Damn fine player, but obviously no one objective actually thinks he's a HOF candidate. We've seen this before on NE

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Edelman a Damn fine player, but obviously no one objective actually thinks he's a HOF candidate

His numbers really do not even approach those that would be Hall worthy yet. The Hall nominations and inductees though are really wanky so who knows. I for one feel that there are more than a few in the Hall that just shouldn't be there.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

How is Edelman in the post season?

Great...but that’s not the only factor for HOF eligibility & consideration.

Signed,
    Eagles fan who doesn’t follow sport or know shit

#94 1 year ago

His stats are approaching Troy Browns. Of course he is white so maybe they give him a little more cred.

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Great...but that’s not the only factor for HOF eligibility

It can be a big part of it
    Signed,
    Linn Swann

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Signed,
    Lynn Swann

Fucker hahaha

#97 1 year ago

who gives a shit if the guy is going to the HOF?

He was the MVP of the super bowl.

he didn't play last year.

I don't think someone knows what "exact same team" means.

Beyond the fact that a year can be a generation in football terms and a team in 2018 cannot possibly be "the exact same team" as the one that played in 2017. It's an inherent truth goddammit!!!!

Goddamn you guys!!!

1yhf3t (resized).jpg

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Signed,
    Linn Swann

Joe Namath is in the HOF based upon ONE FUCKING GAME!

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think someone knows what "exact same team" means.

Ok, I concede. The Eagles only won because it was a broken down, inferior Pats team missing a ton of their good players. Don’t forget there was a different waterboy as well.

Is that better? I think it’s time for your bottle and nap.

#100 1 year ago

Hey didn't the Eagles choke away a big lead to the exact same team that the Pats beat in the Super Bowl?

Should any of us care about that?

(honestly, no. This shit is pretty irrelevant when it comes to hoisting banners)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet Parts
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 64.00
    $ 210.00
    Playfields
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.99
    There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside