IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed_in_Texas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago

The Embassy is NOT sold out for TPF2018. The TPF block of rooms has not been opened yet (which is most of the hotel). There are maybe 30 rooms not in the TPF block that I'm sure have already been reserved, thus the appearance of being "sold out". We will be opening our block soon. Going back to bed now

1 week later
#156 7 years ago

Time to book your room for #TPF2018! Show dates are March 16-18, 2018!

We know, we know... we haven't even fully recovered from the awesomeness that was #TPF2017. We are still working on our show recap, thank you's, and congratulations, but we have been overwhelmed with requests to open the hotel blocks for 2018!

Here is the info for the Embassy Suites and Hyatt House. The Embassy will be undergoing a complete renovation this fall and will be shiny and new for TPF2018! The Hyatt House is the new hotel directly across the street which has received outstanding reviews. The walk from the Hyatt House to the convention center is as short or shorter than the Embassy lobby.

Ready? Set? GO!

Embassy Suites:
https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/es/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=DALFSES&spec_plan=CESPBF&arrival=20180309&departure=20180324&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
or call 972-712-7200and use code "PBF".

Hyatt House:
https://hyatt.com/mt/dallasfrisco.house.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html?corp_id=G-TBF2
Enter the dates and the our block code will automatically populate. Or call 972 668 4500, give dates and ask for the Texas Pinball Festival Block.

IMG_7989 (resized).JPGIMG_7989 (resized).JPG

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

That's because there were grumblings about people scalping their tournament entry and that this was allowed. As I indicated, what I heard. I've got no personal knowledge.

Only 2 tourney entries were transferred to other players. We do not know if they were "scalped", but we never really thought about that happening. All others that backed out were refunded to the original purchaser and the next person on the wait list was contacted and charged $60.

1 month later
3 months later
#454 6 years ago

Sneak Peak TPF2018 flyer! An original pinball space theme designed by a well known and popular pinball designer with spectacular art by Blake Dumesnil that we will unveil soon... er or later (how's that for a teaser?)

IMG_9616.JPGIMG_9616.JPG

2 weeks later
#456 6 years ago

Presenting the TPF 2018 theme and shirt design! Art by Blake Dumesnil. "Kosmic Khaos" concept by Mark Ritchie (more on that to come).

Pre-Registration and full website update will open October 1st! Texas Wizards Tournament entries, an IFPA - International Flipper Pinball Association and PAPA - Professional & Amateur Pinball Association Circuit Event, will go on sale November 1st.

Get on our email list for show news and announcements!
http://www.texaspinball.com/

IMG_9767.JPGIMG_9767.JPG

2 weeks later
#475 6 years ago

Pre-Registration is officially open! Buy your weekend pass early and save up to $20. Bring a game for free play and get in free! Texas Wizards Tournament entries go on sale November 1st.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration-is-open-2018/

IMG_7134.JPGIMG_7134.JPG

#479 6 years ago

Meet The Incredible Lou Ferrigno at TPF2018!

The Texas Pinball Festival is proud to announce famed actor and bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno will be appearing at TPF and visiting with fans and show guests all weekend.

Mr. Ferrigno is best known for his title role in the CBS television series The Incredible Hulk and vocally reprising the role in subsequent animated and computer-generated incarnations.

Get full details and complete show info here:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/meet-the-incredible-lou-ferrigno/

IMG_0134.JPGIMG_0134.JPG

2 weeks later
#503 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Probably Colin (Snailman)..I assume he's in charge of tournaments again this year. Hopefully all the games make it on time this year, as my Metallica won't be available to use as a last minute sub-in (I'm sure everyone will be pleased by this....including myself!).

Ken Kemp (Ken in Texas) is our Tournament Director and oversees the tournaments. Colin is one of our head volunteers and works his butt off (along with several others) helping Ken and making sure everything runs smoothly. Either of them should be able to assist with volunteering offers in the tourney area.

1 week later
#520 6 years ago

Attention TPF 2018 Exhibitors! We will be giving away a Riot Pinball, LLC. "Dead Man's Hand" game to one lucky TPF Exhibitor, courtesy of VPCabs Virtual Pinball! Exhibitors will receive an exclusive raffle ticket for every qualifying game brought to TPF and set on free play! Get those games registered at:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/exhibitors-main/
But wait... there's more! VPCabs will also giveaway a "Dead Man's Hand" in a FREE tournament located in the VPCabs booth over the weekend!
Visit texaspinball.com for complete show information!

IMG_0475.PNGIMG_0475.PNG

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Will there also be a full sized pinball machine (not virtual) for the raffle?

We have not chosen a game title for the charity raffle yet, but it will most likely be a new production pinball machine.

We do not yet know what other prizes we migt have for our Exhibitor raffle.

We are very appreciative of VPCaps for their generosity in 2017 and 2018.

1 week later
#534 6 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival "Texas Wizards Tournament" entry tickets will go on sale tomorrow, November 2nd, at 7pm CDT! Only 160 spots. $70 per entry. Tell your friends! This is a IFPA - International Flipper Pinball Association and PAPA - Professional & Amateur Pinball Association event!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/texas-wizards-tournament/

IMG_0584.JPGIMG_0584.JPG

#535 6 years ago

Texas Wizards Tournament entries on sale now!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/

2 months later
#566 6 years ago

If you need a room for TPF, there are several great hotels within walking distance. The Hyatt House lobby is just as close or closer to the show entrance as the Embassy. TPF rates for surrounding hotels are on the TPF hotel page (if there is no link, you will need to call.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/hotel/

IMG_1541.JPGIMG_1541.JPG

3 weeks later
#688 6 years ago

Genuine “Kosmic Khaos” Pinball translites are available NOW! We printed a limited run of collectible #TPF2018 original show theme translites. Why? Why not?! Get yours here:

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/#!/Kosmic-Khaos-Translite/p/100463295/category=0

AA08B205-1FA8-49F1-8EE4-74B1C164EFAA (resized).jpegAA08B205-1FA8-49F1-8EE4-74B1C164EFAA (resized).jpeg

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Hey Ed, I was wondering how the sizes are running on the 2018 TPF Camp shirts that you're selling this year. They look very nice and I was going to add one to my order. Are these camp shirts running about the same size as other shirts or are they a little larger than your average shirt? I have a couple camp style shirts that I wear in a medium due to their larger than average size. The TPF tee shirts and zipped jerseys I buy each year I buy in large and fit me perfectly.

They run a little large, but not so much that I’d go down a size. If you wear a large T-shirt, I’d order a large camp shirt. Just my opinion. I run a pinball show. I’m not a tailor

2 weeks later
#822 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im having difficulty trying to buy weekend passes on the TPF website.
It wont continue to any payment options? No credit card button appears, paypal link is broken.
How do I pay?

Looking into it. Stand by...

#825 6 years ago

#TPF2018 Texas Wizards Tournament Games Announced!

Once again, the pinball community from across Texas, along with collectors from Oklahoma and Missouri, are contributing a fantastic group of machines that will be played in the TPF Wizards and Classics tourneys (tentative and subject to change):

1975 Gottlieb "300"
1975 Bally "Aladdin's Castle"
1984 Game Plan "Attila the Hun"
1975 Bally "Bow & Arrow"
1981 Bally "Eight Ball Deluxe"
1981 Bally "Elektra"
1993 Williams "Indiana Jones"
2013 Stern "Metallica" (LE)
1979 Bally "Paragon"
1977 Gottlieb "Solar City"
1979 Gottlieb "Solar Ride"
1976 Williams "Space Mission"
1995 Gottlieb "Stargate"
1978 Stern "Stars"
1977 Stern Stingray
1963 Gottlieb "Sweet Hearts"
1985 Premier "Tag-Team"
2014 Stern "The Walking Dead" (Premium)
2017 Spooky "Total Nuclear Annihilation"
1980 Bally "Viking"

Kid's Tournament games: TBD

Complete tournament info can be found here: http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but is there any info on the classics tournament?
I heard there was going to be classics on a podcast, but can't find any info on the website.
thanks!

We’ll have Classic tourney info up shortly. I thought it was already on our tourney page. I see it is not.

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

sweet, thanks for posting!

didnt know there was a classics, do we need to pre register for that too?

I don’t believe so. We’ll have info up ASAP

1 week later
#890 6 years ago

Need a game shipped home after TPF2018? Team Worldwide will be in attendance to help vendors and attendees with any transportation needs to and from the Texas Pinball Festival. Team Worldwide is a Global Freight Forwarder offering Land, Air and Sea Transportation Solutions and will be located at the front of the venue next to the registration desk all weekend to assist you. Reach out to Team Worldwide to ship your freight to the show or recommend their services to assist your customers with shipping their purchases from the show. Team Worldwide representatives will be onsite all weekend and can also be reached at [email protected] or 817-524-8506.

E80D5701-54F1-42B1-A547-C8B4F4C832E6.jpegE80D5701-54F1-42B1-A547-C8B4F4C832E6.jpeg

#891 6 years ago

TPF2018 Full Exhibitor Incentives Announced!
We say it every year. Without the games our Exhibitors bring, there'd be no show. An Exhibitor is a private collector that brings a personal game, set on free play in exchange for a weekend pass. And that could be you this year!

We're upping the ante on the Exhibitor incentives. Normally, in addition to that weekend pass, every Exhibitor game gets:

- exclusive access to the Exhibitor After Party on Saturday night
- a collectible Challenge Coin per exhibited game (while supplies last)
- a raffle ticket for an exclusive Exhibitor raffle
- a chance to win exhibitor only prizes at the Awards Ceremony on Sunday
- entry into the Best in Show competition

This year, every Exhibitor game will also get a branded TPF Swag Bag containing:

- a 12x18 TPF2018 Theme "Kosmic Khaos" Poster
- a 16oz TPF Drink Tumbler w/lid
- a TPF color collectible lapel pin
- a TPF pen
- a Kosmic Khoas decal and a TPF logo decal

PLUS...

- A chance to win double the prize money in the Best In Show competition. Mayor Bill Morrison will be handing out plaques and cash prizes totaling $2,600 to Exhibitors whose games are judged the best of the best.
- A chance to win a new "Dead Man's Hand" by Riot Pinball, courtesy of VPCabs Virtual Pinball.
- A chance to win one of five $100 cash prizes at the end of the show as part of the Exhibitor Raffle.

Now... Get those games signed up!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/exhibitors-main/

24783A8C-B3D6-4601-9DF9-2B171F878059.jpeg24783A8C-B3D6-4601-9DF9-2B171F878059.jpeg

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from OpSteel:

TPF is doing the translights. You can find them in the TPF store.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/
Now who actually printed them, No clue.

Spooky Pinball printed the translites

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Folks I got my Kosmic Khaos translite in the mail today. Too bad it wasn't signed but it makes the hunt to get it signed more fun now. If you have been holding off don't because you are going to regret it. It looks even more impressive in front of you. Like it's one of the best pieces of art I have seen that is pinball related. The contrast with the greens and especially the reds just pop out.

There are awesome! We printed 50 and only 17 are still available:

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/#!/Kosmic-Khaos-Translite/p/100463295/category=0

#950 6 years ago

This just in...
The Marco Specialties/FUN! booth will have 18 brand new Stern pinball machines (and possibly more if anything is unveiled). Also a couple other vendors will have new Stern games as well as some exhibitors... so I’m estimating 25+ brand new Stern games will be available to play. I think this sets a record?
PLUS: there will be (4) Houdini pins from American Pinball, (4) Total Nuclear Annialation from Spooky Pinball, multiple new Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, and the highly anticipated third game from Chicago Gaming. Multimorphic will have (10) P3s set up. Circus Maximus will be unveiling game #2. Spooky Pinball will be unveiling Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle. VPCabs will have dozens of Vertigo’s and a special unveiling. (3) Safe Crackers will be awarding special TPF magic tokens. Not to mention the dozens of custom and beautifully restored machines competing in our Best in Show Awards. Designers, artists, and specual guest: Lou Ferrigno! And so much more! Are y’all ready for TPF2018?

Added over 6 years ago: Also KingPin Games is bringing an army of JJP games including Pirates of the Carribean!!

3 weeks later
#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, those awards are very different from the tournaments.

We will updating the TPF website soon with a show recap and other information. Just to clarify, deeproot sponsored TPF2018 with sizable contribution. We used this money to purchase the goodies in the swag bag provided to each Exhibitor. This was not cheap. We also doubled the prize money in our Best In Show Awards, purchased the plaques and ribbons, and gave away $100 each to 5 exhibitors in the Exhibitor raffle. This sponsorship also paid for a number of other show expenses. We appreciate all our sponsors, but deeproot really stepped up and we look forward to what they have coming in 2019.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 37.50
$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed_in_Texas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival?tu=Ed_in_Texas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.