IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg

There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 35.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im going to try and figure out the uber prices and not do a car this trip.

Why not call the hotel front desk and ask what an Uber to the airport costs? They must get this question all the time.

#302 6 years ago

An uber from the Hyatt to Love field cost me $25, including tip. Dallas Fort Worth is a bit further, I think, so would cost a bit more. The taxi from Love Field to the Hyatt cost more than double, though. To me, it was worth it to avoid the hassle of renting a car.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Why not call the hotel front desk and ask what an Uber to the airport costs? They must get this question all the time.

Great idea thanks!

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

An uber from the Hyatt to Love field cost me $25, including tip. Dallas Fort Worth is a bit further, I think, so would cost a bit more. The taxi from Love Field to the Hyatt cost more than double, though. To me, it was worth it to avoid the hassle of renting a car.

Sounds like Uber is the way to go, I also dont need the hassle of the rental car.

#305 6 years ago

An Uber from Love Field in Dallas to Frisco is only 25 dollars? Seems like that should be a whole lot more. Not saying its untrue, but man that seems reasonable. I guess I need to try uber some time when my car is in the shop.

#306 6 years ago

This thread is supposed to be fun, no big deal. Rooms get sold, it happens. It's a fantastic problem for TPF and the Hotel. I feel very fortunate as and exhibitor and or participant. Several hotels close together, food trucks and a shopping center across the steeet for spouses etc. I really hope they keep this location for a while. I can't say that bigger would be better.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from TexasJustice:

An Uber from Love Field in Dallas to Frisco is only 25 dollars? Seems like that should be a whole lot more. Not saying its untrue, but man that seems reasonable. I guess I need to try uber some time when my car is in the shop.

That was also my reaction! Maybe it was a fluke or there was an equipment malfunction, but it was definitely a great deal. As an added "benefit" (depending on your point of view), I learned all about the guy's childhood in Ethiopia. Let's just say I'm glad I live here and not there...

#308 6 years ago

Pretty cheap. The UBER app says $30 and that's still pretty cheap. Cheaper than a rental.

Lots of good eats within a 5-10 minute walk of the Embassy. All the usual suspects like Buffalo Wild Wings etc etc.

Places like Hard Eight BBQ were about a 5-10 minute drive away though.

rd

IMG_5634 (resized).PNGIMG_5634 (resized).PNG

#309 6 years ago

"I think a lot about this kind of stuff. I do my best thinking on the bus. That's how come I don't drive, see.
I don't want to know how. I don't want to learn. See? The more you drive the less intelligent you are."

334 days till TPF.

repoman-1 (resized).jpgrepoman-1 (resized).jpg

#310 6 years ago

Now yer talkin'
Ill definitely want to go there! 24oz Rib eye medium rare please!

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

shutup.
seriously, every time you think of posting, realize how awful of a human being you sound like and just shutup.
go away, and find something else to do please.
-pinball community

You don't speak for me, so you can feel free to shut up?

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pretty cheap. The UBER app says $30 and that's still pretty cheap. Cheaper than a rental.
Lots of good eats within a 5-10 minute walk of the Embassy. All the usual suspects like Buffalo Wild Wings etc etc.
Places like Hard Eight BBQ were about a 5-10 minute drive away though.
rd

So Dallas Love field is where I want to arrive?

#313 6 years ago

So Dallas Love field is where I want to arrive?

DFW is 23 miles. Love Field is 21.4 miles. Honestly....it doesn't really matter. Pick whichever has a cheaper flight.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

DFW is 23 miles. Love Field is 21.4 miles. Honestly....it doesn't really matter. Pick whichever has a cheaper flight.

That is good advice thanks!

#315 6 years ago

Now yer talkin'
Ill definitely want to go there! 24oz Rib eye medium rare please!

The 16oz was plenty big enough for me.

rd

IMG_5022 (resized).JPGIMG_5022 (resized).JPG

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

WOW Im hungry now!

I think you have to pace yourself and not eat any of the less healthy things like bread, lettuce etc.
Stick to the basic food groups i.e Beer, BBQ, Beer, more BBQ and then some wings...

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

dang, now i'm hungry.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just made my reservation with Hyatt.
Let them know you're there for the Texas Pinball Festival after you give them the dates (they'll ask if you're coming for a specific event).
$129 for a King with a fricking full kitchen and dishwasher ....a DISHWASHER in a hotel room? Geez.
$135 for a 2 bed room with kitchen.
Everything is REFUNDABLE up to 3pm the day before.
Hell with Embassy. That's some serious crap. I'll walk my happy ass right across the street and save $50 a night.
Won't be bringing any games, but I will be coming to my first TPF ever !!!!!

Have you never stayed at a Residence Inn or Candlewood Suites? All rooms have kitchens with dishwashers.

#319 6 years ago

Im probably not going to use it other than transit from airport to hotel and back again. I can taxi or Uber anything I want to do in the limited time I will be in town.
I know that a Taxi from the airport is probably expensive for 2 trips ($75 x 2 = $150?) but is it more than a car rental?
Or is it just easier...
Or maybe Uber?

My rental car was $65 for the whole weekend (Friday morning pickup; Sunday evening return) ... plus tolls. I gave a Pinsider a ride from airport to the show. You could do the same as a driver or as a passenger. Good folks in/around TPF!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#320 6 years ago

eggsactly this long till TPF

#321 6 years ago

Aside from all the great stuff that has been mentioned a thousand times, walk 5 minutes up Gaylord Parkway to 'Norma's Cafe' for some delicious down home eats. Across from the mall. Yuuuuuge portions and reasonable prices and pie to die for. I had the pot roast and my brother had the meatloaf. Both were outstanding and we had to split one piece of pie. You will not be sorry.

#322 6 years ago

5 mins to pie? 10 mins to BBQ?
Free waffles and happy hour?

100's of games on free play ???

It sounds like Heaven

#323 6 years ago

5 mins to pie? 10 mins to BBQ?
Free waffles and happy hour?
100's of games on free play ???
It sounds like Heaven

it is.
it really really is.

#324 6 years ago

nope... no pins in here...

bunny-1 (resized).jpgbunny-1 (resized).jpg

#325 6 years ago

I haven't even opened page seven yet, and there's an awful lot of folks here that need more happy hour.

#326 6 years ago

Often times you can look at the list of attached pictures near the top of a topic and you can sort of tell what's going on in a particular thread. Not so with this one, lol.
Carry on preparing for TPF-2018 and beyond!

#327 6 years ago

I live right down from Love Field. On the same street actually, which means I hear every flight that comes and goes. You get used to it.

Anyway, the two big advantages to Love Field is one, not as big of an airport so its much easier to navigate and make your way in and out and aound both driving and in the airport. And two, you can you can exit the airport and literally make just four right turns into the Hyatt parking lot for TPF, some driving in between those turns not with standing of course. My point being that the journey is super simple. I'd rather take a bus then fly out of DFW airport.

On the food situation, next year us locals should suggest some awesome places to eat at around there for those with or without rental cars. Dallas has some amazing resturants. I'll throw out one right now.

With in five minutes walking distance of TPF, is Perry's steakhouse and Grille, which is an upscale 5 star resturant, and they have a Friday lunch special. A massive custom cut porkchop with mashed potatoes for just 14.95, free bread incuded. I'm a big guy and I rarely can finish it. You don't even have to dress up. For that lunch special that is. Reservations highly recommended at least a week in advance.

perrysporkchop (resized).jpgperrysporkchop (resized).jpg

Perrys-PorkChopFriday-Flier (resized).jpgPerrys-PorkChopFriday-Flier (resized).jpg

#328 6 years ago

I was somewhat disappointed in the food truck selection this year which is primarily why we went wandering off property to find a decent meal. The NY Deli sandwich guy (red truck, I think?) was the best for grilled cheese and dagwood type eats and didn't make it this year.

#329 6 years ago

I know that truck. He is usually outside the Dallas Museum of Arts for lunch time. "The Dagwood" is my favorite sandwich of his as well. I never fail to get it when I take the trolley to the Museum for an exhibit. I guess I need to try his grilled cheese next time.

#330 6 years ago

Had an awesome burger with egg on it for lunch one day from 1 of the food trucks. It totally hit the spot & tasted amazing.

Another day, a group of us had some well seasoned chicken tacos from another truck. Everyone in the group devoured them.

On Sunday (the last day), had a 3 slider-burger plate from another truck. It was great. You could pick 3 from like 8 different ones. 1 of the slider-burgers was a mac-n-cheese burger. Loved it.

Can't recall having any of those options when I went to Expo. Having food trucks coordinated with being just a few feet outside the doors of TPF is incredibly thoughtful, well priced, and offers lots of fast variety. Sure beats the $10 convention hall "nachos" (blah).

#331 6 years ago

I live right down from Love Field. On the same street actually, which means I hear every flight that comes and goes.

Heh. I work up on Regal Row. I go to the QT over there by Love Field pretty frequently....or did before I got shift-bid-screwed into only having a 30 minute lunch. Thankfully, they're building a new one right off 35 and Mockingbird behind Jack in the Box..

Can't wait to see the utter chaos at lunch and dinner at that intersection right across from Love Field when that Chick-Fil-A opens in the ex-Del-Taco building..

#332 6 years ago

332 days to TPF.
on a more positive note... paid my taxes today

q-bert-mad-1 (resized).pngq-bert-mad-1 (resized).png

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

paid my taxes today

You're a step ahead of me. Guess what I'm doing in about an hour?

#334 6 years ago

Mine get filed for me by my sister at 11:59 pm PDT on the deadline night. Always.

#335 6 years ago

I loved the food trucks this year.

Anyone else notice the "lunch cut" of that pork chop was 3 pork chops. The dinner size must be a half a spinal column.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I loved the food trucks this year.
Anyone else notice the "lunch cut" of that pork chop was 3 pork chops. The dinner size must be a half a spinal column.

When in Rome, man...

#337 6 years ago

I had a couple tacos from one of the trucks and they were delicious. Hoping for good truck next year as well.

#338 6 years ago

331 days till TPF.

death-taxes-pinball-1.jpgdeath-taxes-pinball-1.jpg

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

331 days till TPF.

"Deal?" Still looking at Clear Gem btw

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

"Deal?" Still looking at Clear Gem btw

yay thanks.

lots of buying/selling/trading deals happen at TPF each year.
probably the largest volume of games that exchange hands in 1 place.

#341 6 years ago

<3 <3 :-0 emoji days till TPF 2018

330-texas (resized).jpg330-texas (resized).jpg

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

probably the largest volume of games that exchange hands in 1 place.

Can't make that judgement until you go to Allentown.... which is just a couple weeks away!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Can't make that judgement until you go to Allentown.... which is just a couple weeks away!
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

yeah... need to get myself up there.

#344 6 years ago

SIXTEEN DAYS 'TILL

http://www.pinfestival.com/

!!!!!!

#345 6 years ago

I'll be gettin' a fix at Zapcon in Phoenix the weekend of the 29th. Game on!

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

<3 <3 :-0 emoji days till TPF 2018

I'm a TPF Fan!

#347 6 years ago
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

•••••  ☺☺☺☺☺  ☻☻☻☻☻
          •      ☺  ☻   ☻
       ••••  ☺☺☺☺☺  ☻☻☻☻☻
          •  ☺          ☻
      •••••  ☺☺☺☺☺      ☻

days    till   TPF

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
  ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫
     ✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬
        ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
#348 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Can't wait to see the utter chaos at lunch and dinner at that intersection right across from Love Field when that Chick-Fil-A opens in the ex-Del-Taco building..

Dude! I went to that intersection to get my Chick-fil-a on, and it isn't a Chick-fil-a.
It's a Golden Chick! Grrrr!

#349 6 years ago

days till TPF...

328-tron-girls-2.jpg328-tron-girls-2.jpg

#350 6 years ago

It can't come soon enough. TPF is so much fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,057 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Hardware
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.