IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 35.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

trying to noodle a pithy united airlines tie-in to today's count-down post...
any ideas?

Fly United to the Texas Pinball Festival, we'd love to re-accomodate your balls.

#252 7 years ago

338 days till TPF 2018.

United Airlines CEO, Oscar Munoz has installed flippers on his fleet and invites all to fly the friendly skies.
But, watch out... after a couple of good hits you can end up going Straight Down The Middle !

united.png (resized).pngunited.png (resized).png

#253 7 years ago

FB_IMG_1492005833569 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1492005833569 (resized).jpg

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

338 days till TPF 2018.
United Airlines CEO, Oscar Munoz has installed flippers on his fleet and invites all to fly the friendly skies.
But, watch out... after a couple of good hits you can end up going Straight Down The Middle !

United should have announced they were staying grounded and not taking off until he got off the plane. Then it would have been interesting to see how the other passengers reacted just sitting there.

#255 7 years ago

337 days till TPF 2018.

united-violent-9 (resized).jpgunited-violent-9 (resized).jpg

#256 7 years ago

on second thought. Going to keep my opinion on that matter out of this thread to hopefully not derail it more.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

on second thought. Going to keep my opinion on that matter out of this thread to hopefully not derail it more.

we have a rail ?

#258 7 years ago

Looks like i picked a bad week to stop beating up passengers.

Airplane-1 (resized).jpgAirplane-1 (resized).jpg

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

we have a rail ?

Yuppers. It's a clear path for us to follow.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#260 7 years ago

TRUE STORY - a friend of mine was touring Africa in the 80's. They boarded a 20 seater aircraft, and about 30 were trying to get on. The pilot announced "we are overbooked - can everyone please leave and we will sort this out immediately". All passengers disembarked the plane, and the pilot came out and said "everyone must now run a lap around the terminal building. First ones back get back on, slow ones wait till tomorrow"! They all had to run and sure enough the slow ones missed a seat. Selection the "natural way"?

#261 7 years ago

So I meant to ask this in the 2017 thread but Ill just put it here. Did you play Jetsons and what did you think. I thought it was a great looking cab but the play was just bad. Even my GF who was all excited to play it was disappointed and when we walked away from it she told me not to waste any money on that game. Seems like there was good opportunity there but was just kinda bland.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from davin72:

So I meant to ask this in the 2017 thread but Ill just put it here. Did you play Jetsons and what did you think. I thought it was a great looking cab but the play was just bad. Even my GF who was all excited to play it was disappointed and when we walked away from it she told me not to waste any money on that game. Seems like there was good opportunity there but was just kinda bland.

That just about sums it up but you rambled. I would just say one word - "disappointed"

#263 7 years ago

336 days till TPF 2018.

sign petition to get Oscar Munoz, CEO of United Airlines removed so you don't end up getting beaten by United on your flight to Texas. Would suck to be in hospital all weekend instead of playing pins.

Over 80k signatures already:
https://www.change.org/p/united-airlines-we-demand-the-resignation-of-united-airlines-ceo-oscar-munoz

bully-1 (resized).jpgbully-1 (resized).jpg

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

336 days till TPF 2018.
sign petition to get Oscar Munoz, CEO of United Airlines removed so you don't end up getting beaten by United on your flight to Texas. Would suck to be in hospital all weekend instead of playing pins.
Over 80k signatures already:
https://www.change.org/p/united-airlines-we-demand-the-resignation-of-united-airlines-ceo-oscar-munoz

With all due respect, can we eliminate the Untied Airlines stuff from the thread and maybe just keep that to the basement?

FYI. United Airlines did not beat the guy up. The security/police did (if you call it beat up anyways) as they were removing an unwilling person from an airplane. After 2 officers negotiated with him to get him to leave what do we really expect to happen next? At some point force is used (in this case excessive) but still necessary. The policy that caused it all is beyond stupid (and needs to be blown up) but responsibilities of actions is getting mixed up but what else do we expect with the media these days.

P.S.S. - Does everyone know they are supporting a convicted felon whom has a VERY sketchy past? As much as I hate to say it, but I will, to me Karma just finally caught up to that SOB.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

P.S.S. - Does everyone know they are supporting a convicted felon whom has a VERY sketchy past? As much as I hate to say it, but I will, to me Karma just finally caught up to that SOB.

this is an EXTREMELY racist shaming technique you are using. His past has NOTHING to do with the way he was treated and you are showing your true colors by even bringing it up. Guy has a history over a decade old that he apparently paid his debt to society for and you shame him and people that support him for getting beat up by some coporate thugs.

Get over yourself and your racist shaming BS!

If his past matters so much to in in this matter, then please also go publish all the criminal history fo those affiliated with the airline and the guys that beat him up...

#266 7 years ago

Did he mention anything about race? I must've missed that.

336 days until TPF 2018, everybody! Sponsored by United Airlines...

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did he mention anything about race? I must've missed that.
336 days until TPF 2018, everybody! Sponsored by United Airlines...

no but he did not publish the pasts of the other parties involved. Sometimes what you dont say is just as important as what you do.

Explain to me why the guys past from over a decade ago has any bearing on the fact that he was dragged, beat, and bloodied from a plane in the US. How anyone can even remotely try to use his past against him in this matter, is obvious what their underlying issues are.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no but he did not publish the pasts of the other parties involved. Sometimes what you dont say is just as important as what you do.
Explain to me why the guys past from over a decade ago has any bearing on the fact that he was dragged, beat, and bloodied from a plane in the US. How anyone can even remotely try to use his past against him in this matter, is obvious what their underlying issues are.

How is that racist at all. You are putting some big words in my mouth that I did not use. So are you blind enough to not know the difference between what happened and whom should take ownership of what occurred? The airlines should take responsibility for the policy and security/police should take responsibility for how he was handled. That is not the case in nearly all the media broadcast or people's attempts to be funny with memes.

And YES I still feel karma got his ass. It's funny though how everything is racist when people disagree with someones stance and the person in question is not white. Get over yourself. Zero about race at all (you are the one being racist by bringing race into a conversation that was not about race).

I don't appreciate being called a Racist when you have no Fing clue. And lastly, no I did not post the past of the officers involved because none of them a CONVICTED FELONS. If they were, I would say the same. I also did not post all the rest of this guys past that is VERY sketchy. Do your own research if you want to know more.

#269 7 years ago

Oh, and since you can't read well. I'll state it again.

I DO NOT agree with the policy that cause the situation in the first place. Nor do I agree with the amount of forced used on the guy. Which i thought was pretty clear in my post.

#270 7 years ago

Welcome to Bitchside.....

And now we bring you back to our regularly scheduled countdown.

Over to you Labnip. What's the latest update for the viewers at home......

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is an EXTREMELY racist shaming technique you are using. His past has NOTHING to do with the way he was treated and you are showing your true colors by even bringing it up. Guy has a history over a decade old that he apparently paid his debt to society for and you shame him and people that support him for getting beat up by some coporate thugs.
Get over yourself and your racist shaming BS!
If his past matters so much to in in this matter, then please also go publish all the criminal history fo those affiliated with the airline and the guys that beat him up...

shutup.

seriously, every time you think of posting, realize how awful of a human being you sound like and just shutup.

go away, and find something else to do please.

-pinball community

#272 7 years ago

In other news ....does anyone have a decent price on a Bally spinner?
My kids love this game.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

How is that racist at all.

because it has zero bearing on the matter at hand and your language is clear. You wanted to drop the subject fromt he thread then went on to point out the victim in this case broke a crime over 10 years ago and forgot to mention he has paid his debt/paying his debt.

His past is in no way even related to what happened and how he was treated. Why even bring it up?

I will leave it at that; as this is not the thread for it. (again; never understand the point of bringing it up after saying you dont want it to be part of the thread)

Looking forward to TPF next year.

#274 7 years ago

You have to love a social justice warrior that is going to change the world.

Guess what? You're not...especially on Pinside.

Give it a break already.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

because it has zero bearing on the matter at hand and your language is clear. You wanted to drop the subject fromt he thread then went on to point out the victim in this case broke a crime over 10 years ago and forgot to mention he has paid his debt/paying his debt.
His past is in no way even related to what happened and how he was treated. Why even bring it up?
I will leave it at that; as this is not the thread for it. (again; never understand the point of bringing it up after saying you dont want it to be part of the thread)
Looking forward to TPF next year.

last I will say of this. What I said was borderline prejudice but not even remotely close to racist.

I will openly admit that I am prejudice to those whom have dealt drugs and participated in sex crimes in the past. I don't care if you did pay your debt which is very debatable for this guy based off his sentence (probation for 96 counts).

#276 7 years ago

In unrelated racist news , there are 4 very good Chinese Buffets within 3 miles of the 2018 TPF

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from BarrySanders:

In unrelated racist news , there are 4 very good Chinese Buffets within 3 miles of the 2018 TPF

True that. Lots of good eats around the hotel. Next year I think I'm staying clear of the food trucks though. Got an unlucky batch from the one serving burgers with eggs on it this year Maybe Karma finally caught up to me though.

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

True that. Lots of good eats around the hotel. Next year I think I'm staying clear of the food trucks though. Got an unlucky batch from the one serving burgers with eggs on it this year Maybe Karma finally caught up to me though.

And hopefully none of them are called "Healthy Chinese Buffet". One by me is called that and that is like military intelligence.....2 words combined that don't make sense.

#279 7 years ago

tpf-fortune-cookie-1 (resized).jpgtpf-fortune-cookie-1 (resized).jpg

#280 7 years ago

chef-1 (resized).jpgchef-1 (resized).jpg

#281 7 years ago

That sports bar across the street was pretty good. Plus the half naked girls walking around helped too. I got a burger and 2 sides of silicon. lol

#282 7 years ago

:Self Censor: It was not my intention to offend the OP with my comments.
I took it to far so am deleting the post.

#283 7 years ago

#284 7 years ago

added disclaimer to 1st post in thread.

#285 7 years ago

changed to "fan club" thread.

#286 7 years ago

dup

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i took you off facebook so you won't see any of those useless posts by me.

Are you really pissed? or mock angry?
I didn't expect you to get angry as I was giving you crap.

My issue is that We've ?already? sold out the hotel and 6 pages in on a thread about an event that is still by your count 335 days away.

TBH, I was simply worried that people who are casual Pinside readers are going to see 6 pages... or lets be honest... 28pages of thread bumps with no real data at the first of the year.

In this case in MY OPINION; 30 pages of bumps is going to do little to encourage people to come to the show.
In fact; it will proably set the wrong tone long term.

I'm truly sorry you felt I need to be blocked / attacked. In retrospective; I should have put a sarcastic smily on my post.
I guess I incorrectly thought we had a freindship that could take some occational ribbing. Regardless; Best of luck with you nice pinball collection. I appreciate you inviting me over.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Are you really pissed? or mock angry?
I didn't expect you to get angry as I was giving you crap.
My issue is that We've ?already? sold out the hotel and 6 pages in on a thread about an event that is still by your count 335 days away.
TBH, I was simply worried that people who are casual Pinside readers are going to see 6 pages... or lets be honest... 28pages of thread bumps with no real data at the first of the year.
In this case in MY OPINION; 30 pages of bumps is going to do little to encourage people to come to the show.
In fact; it will proably set the wrong tone long term.
I'm truly sorry you felt I need to be blocked / attacked. In retrospective; I should have put a sarcastic smily on my post.
I guess I incorrectly thought we had a freindship that could take some occational ribbing. Regardless; Best of luck with you nice pinball collection. I appreciate you inviting me over.

If this thread is so dangerous & useless, why have you been posting in it since Mar 20, 2017 for 10 posts now ?
Geeze.

#289 7 years ago

I love the countdown, please keep up the good work!

#290 7 years ago

wsSssszJkPBYs (resized).pngwsSssszJkPBYs (resized).png

#291 7 years ago

I booked a room at the embassy suites for next years TPF !

Now I need to figure out airfare and what to do when I get there
Do I need a car? I dont really plan on doing anything but the show.
Im only there for Friday and Saturday night and will leave Sunday Afternoon.

This will be the first time that I have ever been to a pinball show.

#292 7 years ago

try to have friendly and fun thread...
...and then...

easter-1.jpgeaster-1.jpg

(maybe we could rename the thread to 2018 TPF Fan Club. Then, does the date of the event matter as much?)

Happy Easter Weekend

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I booked a room at the embassy suites for next years TPF !
Now I need to figure out airfare and what to do when I get there
Do I need a car? I dont really plan on doing anything but the show.
Im only there for Friday and Saturday night and will leave Sunday Afternoon.
This will be the first time that I have ever been to a pinball show.

Everything you could possibly need food wise is either within walking distance or a very short Uber / Lyft ride away. You will be so busy playing pinball that anything else like food will be an afterthought. There is a huge mall with a food court in walkable distance. There are at least 20 or so places to eat that are within a mile walk. Again everything is extremely convenient.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Everything you could possibly need food wise is either within walking distance or a very short Uber / Lyft ride away. You will be so busy playing pinball that anything else like food will be an afterthought. There is a huge mall with a food court in walkable distance. There are at least 20 or so places to eat that are within a mile walk. Again everything is extremely convenient.

WOW, thanks.
I didnt really want to work or have to do a lot of running around that weekend, just have fun.
Im taking my Wife, she was the one who suggested that we go and it looked like a great time!

Is there a shuttle from the airport? Taxi, Uber etc.?
What airport do I travel to?

#296 7 years ago

WOW, thanks.
I didnt really want to work or have to do a lot of running around that weekend, just have fun.
Im taking my Wife, she was the one who suggested that we go and it looked like a great time!
Is there a shuttle from the airport? Taxi, Uber etc.?
What airport do I travel to?

If you decide to use a rental car, just know that DFW has very little visual information to help you find the rental shuttle pickup--nor does an iPhone (at this point). Go to an information kiosk and they should be able to help you when you reach the terminal to find your way to the shuttles that will take you to the rental counters (about 4 miles away). If you use Hertz, don't bother calling their DFW number--it's always busy and the voice mailbox is always full. (In fact, don't use Hertz... if my experience means anything).

Use your iPhone and tick "avoid tolls" in the maps app. It will guide you there (to the hotel in Frisco) in about 50 minutes (versus 35 via toll roads).

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

If you decide to use a rental car, just know that DFW has very little visual information to help you find the rental shuttle pickup--nor does an iPhone (at this point). Go to an information kiosk and they should be able to help you when you reach the terminal to find your way to the shuttles that will take you to the rental counters (about 4 miles away). If you use Hertz, don't bother calling their DFW number--it's always busy and the voice mailbox is always full. (In fact, don't use Hertz... if my experience means anything).
Use your iPhone and tick "avoid tolls" in the maps app. It will guide you there (to the hotel in Frisco) in about 50 minutes (versus 35 via toll roads).

Thanks this is very helpful info!

Are you saying I have to rent a car to get to the hotel?

Im probably not going to use it other than transit from airport to hotel and back again. I can taxi or Uber anything I want to do in the limited time I will be in town.

I know that a Taxi from the airport is probably expensive for 2 trips ($75 x 2 = $150?) but is it more than a car rental?
Or is it just easier...
Or maybe Uber?

#298 7 years ago

Thanks this is very helpful info!
Are you saying I have to rent a car to get to the hotel?
Im probably not going to use it other than transit from airport to hotel and back again. I can taxi or Uber anything I want to do in the limited time I will be in town.
I know that a Taxi from the airport is probably expensive for 2 trips ($75 x 2 = $150?) but is it more than a car rental?
Or is it just easier...
Or maybe Uber?

Rental car was cheaper for a decent car than taxi. Uber is probably super cheap, but I didn't explore the option--plus you'd save on any potential parking charges (parking was free for Hyatt guests at the Hyatt though). That said, if you want to go to Waffle House late at night (like me) you'll probably need a rental car (Totally unnecessary if you have a waffle fetish, though, because they have a very nice comped breakfast at both hotels... including some very nice made-to-order waffles in a self-serve buffet).

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Rental car was cheaper for a decent car than taxi. Uber is probably super cheap, but I didn't explore the option--plus you'd save on any potential parking charges (parking was free for Hyatt guests at the Hyatt though). That said, if you want to go to Waffle House late at night (like me) you'll probably need a rental car (Totally unnecessary if you have a waffle fetish, though, because they have a very nice comped breakfast at both hotels... including some very nice made-to-order waffles in a self-serve buffet).

One of the hotel selling points was the free breakfast and the happy hour lol.
Im going to try and figure out the uber prices and not do a car this trip.

#300 7 years ago

the rooms come with kitchens i guess, but where to buy supplies?
maybe some local store?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.