IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg

There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.
#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm not much of a mystery kind of guy. I saw the banners. All I read was blah blah blah. I say, put up or shut up.

Well there you go.

#1702 5 years ago

What a another great edition of TPF it was. Huge thanks to Ed, Kim, Paul and all crew, volunteers and vendors that made it all happen. I'm still trying to figure out what I did Saturdaynight between closing of the hall and 04:00. After that I remember taking pics of Bangerjay in his Boratkini in the elevator, and hanging with Mark Ritchie outside on the smoking deck until 6AM.

After I got back in Europe I had to prepare for an important DJ gig and got sick after that, so I haven't even gotten to writing my TPF report. I guess I'll just make it part of my monthly Pinball Magazine newsletter, which should be out first week of April.

Can't wait for TPF 2019. Good thing that Rob Berk came over to TPF18. Hope he took notes

#1703 5 years ago

656 plays on Rob Zombie
Time to place an order with Titan_Pinball

#1704 5 years ago

Thanks all for your comments and feedback. It will help us understand whether and where to direct money, time, and energy to helping out the community prior to and after launch.

--Robert dT

#1705 5 years ago

welcome to pinside

lucifer-1.jpglucifer-1.jpg

#1706 5 years ago

good to hear pinsanity , would love to get there next year as looks like a great show

thanks to everyone sharing photos etc

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

From the wierd Aussie,..,Thx for making the wait for Kingpin so entertaining,... and info on the Denver pinball scene!!

Was great meeting ya!

#1708 5 years ago

Well-deserved praise from Steve Ritchie for another great show!

ACAFFC67-1CF5-4F3D-9244-8A255B9A223D (resized).jpegACAFFC67-1CF5-4F3D-9244-8A255B9A223D (resized).jpeg

#1709 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

2. That they sponsored the exhibitor goodie bags and doubled the tourney prize money.

The latter portion of this statement made me laugh ("doubled the tourney prize money"). Completely untrue. The TPF pinball tourney prize money came completely from the player entry fees -- there were no sponsors of the tourney. I ran the tourneys, and can vouch for this.

To be fair to deeproot, I don't recall any of their banner ads saying anything of this sort. Zavadoza : where did you see or hear this information?

For future reference, the TPF Show has many many sponsorship deals with a variety of vendors/advertisers at a variety of levels, but we (the TPF Tourney) do not pursue sponsorship deals. I would love to consider tourney sponsorships for the future, but will only do so if I get the green light from the TPF Show organizers.

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

The latter portion of this statement made me laugh ("doubled the tourney prize money"). Completely untrue. The TPF pinball tourney prize money came completely from the player entry fees -- there were no sponsors of the tourney. I ran the tourneys, and can vouch for this.
To be fair to deeproot, I don't recall any of their banner ads saying anything of this sort. zavadoza : where did you see or hear this information?
For future reference, the TPF Show has many many sponsorship deals with a variety of vendors/advertisers at a variety of levels, but we (the TPF Tourney) do not pursue sponsorship deals. I would love to consider tourney sponsorships for the future, but will only do so if I get the green light from the TPF Show organizers.

They doubled the prize money for the game awards like best 90's, best restoration, etc.

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

They doubled the prize money for the game awards like best 90's, best restoration, etc.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, those awards are very different from the tournaments.

#1712 5 years ago

any official numbers of attendees? Just curious

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

any official numbers of attendees? Just curious

bazillion

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, those awards are very different from the tournaments.

We will updating the TPF website soon with a show recap and other information. Just to clarify, deeproot sponsored TPF2018 with sizable contribution. We used this money to purchase the goodies in the swag bag provided to each Exhibitor. This was not cheap. We also doubled the prize money in our Best In Show Awards, purchased the plaques and ribbons, and gave away $100 each to 5 exhibitors in the Exhibitor raffle. This sponsorship also paid for a number of other show expenses. We appreciate all our sponsors, but deeproot really stepped up and we look forward to what they have coming in 2019.

#1715 5 years ago

Think that was just Friday's attendance. Sat was a bit busier than that!

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Think that was just Friday's attendance. Sat was a bit busier than that!

#1717 5 years ago

Had a blast. Wish I took more photos, there was just so much going on it would have lasted at least another 1~2 days!

Here are some snaps

Mr, Dr John and The pinside crew

photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg

Me and Bowen and Vegemite. I think Mr Vegemite was the only one looking in the right direction

photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg

Scott Danesi with his old sac, and my new one.
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg

Some old bastard

photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg

Charlie right before the reveal!

photo_2018-03-31_15-12-17 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-03-31_15-12-17 (resized).jpg

Ron from slam tilt about to play Kingpin!

photo_2018-03-31_15-12-14 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-03-31_15-12-14 (resized).jpg

Dennis, creator the the best flow in pinball!

photo_2018-03-31_15-11-38 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-03-31_15-11-38 (resized).jpg

Franchi kicking our ass at a game on No fear.

photo_2018-03-31_15-12-06 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-03-31_15-12-06 (resized).jpg

#1718 5 years ago

I need a redo on my TPF pint glass

20180331_150405.jpg20180331_150405.jpg

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Give it another few washes. They're designed to erase all traces of the show over time.

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You’re not the only one. What a bummer.

#1721 5 years ago

Obviously not dishwasher safe.... .

#1722 5 years ago

It was peeling before its first dish washing but folded over like that after.

#1723 5 years ago

Looks like they used the same vendor my D&B glasses used years ago.... they are now completely clear lol.

TPF folks: get in touch with the Pacific Pinball Musem and find out who did theirs... I’ve washed those 100’s of times and the logo is still pristine.

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You put it in the dishwasher?

#1725 5 years ago

Yeah. It's a pint glass. Got tons of them that go in the dishwasher and are fine. And as stated, the decal was peeling before its first wash.

#1726 5 years ago

I have a set of Star Wars glasses that didn't make it through one round in the dishwasher.

#1727 5 years ago

So I finally got around to checking the counter on the Champion pinball machine I brought. It is the Nordamatic EM Wedge head that looks like 300/Top Score. Anyway, to my surprise is was played 727 times! I never had to do any service to it all weekend, fun game too. Just thought I would share as that seems like a lot of play. I had a great time as well!

#1728 5 years ago

Thanks for bringing that. Have been curious to flip it for a while and see how well foreign builds fare when they tinker with the geometry.

Next one I’d like to try: Maresa Wheel!

#1729 5 years ago

I've been framing the stuff I picked up at TPF using Amazon and "Art to Frames" as so many items are custom sizes and Hobby Lobby for the other items.

Here's a few pics - the slingshot shadow box was purchased from Hobby Lobby.
I used some black weatherstripping and the adhesive side attached to the sling, the non-sticky side was applied to the velvet background that came with the box/frame using a dab of E6000 adhesive. So far so good! No sagging slipping.

Python print from the Kingpin guys
Legends of Pinball was a design I made as a blank template to purposefully take to TPF. It's signed by:

Joe Balcer
George Gomez
Steve Ritchie
Mark Ritchie
Charlie Emery
Josh Kugler
Lyman Sheats
Dennis Nordman
Eric Meunier
Barry Oursler
Butch Peel
Scott Denisi
Bowen Kerins

Then a pic of the Kosmic Khaos poster that my wife had signed by a whole bunch of folks - cool poster!
Blake is a very talented artist and did a superb job on all TPF assets

Finally ... my DVD box set from Chris Franchi (#2 of 66 units).
Signed under shrink wrap with signed prints inside the can
Again, mounted on black weatherstripping inside a Hobby Lobby shadow box

IMG_0842 (resized).JPGIMG_0842 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPGIMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0846 (resized).JPGIMG_0846 (resized).JPG
IMG_0847 (resized).JPGIMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0850 (resized).JPGIMG_0850 (resized).JPG
IMG_0848 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPG
IMG_0849 (resized).JPGIMG_0849 (resized).JPG

#1730 5 years ago

well done.

#1731 5 years ago

That pinbot was the coolest piece of art at the show I thought

#1732 5 years ago

I really dig those framed slingshots. Nice work.

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I really dig those frame slingshots. Nice work.

Yours is next sir ... waiting on the frame!

Can't wait cause it's one of my favs that I got at TPF

IMG_0474 (resized).JPGIMG_0474 (resized).JPG

#1734 5 years ago

Any planned changes for the tournament next year? More space? More games for classics tourney?

#1735 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Any planned changes for the tournament next year? More space? More games for classics tourney?

they're going to rent out the space on the 2nd floor ballroom

#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yours is next sir ... waiting on the frame!
Can't wait cause it's one of my favs that I got at TPF

I'm honored. Sincerely.

Can't wait to see it framed!

#1737 5 years ago

For those of you who STILL haven't gotten their fill of TPF pictures, I posted a ton more on my website.

http://www.bradberryman.com/TPF_2018.htm

Enjoy~!

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

For those of you who STILL haven't gotten their fill of TPF pictures, I posted a ton more on my website.
http://www.bradberryman.com/TPF_2018.htm
Enjoy~!

Great pics and thanks for posting them. Can't get enough of the TPF. Already counting the days down for the next one!

#1739 5 years ago

The coffee mug is holding up just fine.

936B06CC-DE4E-4563-859B-190BC46B300E (resized).jpeg936B06CC-DE4E-4563-859B-190BC46B300E (resized).jpeg

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

I was in that line and very aware of 2 persons that caused the big delay. One guy was not from the US and the other was a regular that always has folders of stuff every year to get signed. I know because both of these guys cut in front of me after they got there items signed by the other designers and most everyone in the long line was waiting for Borg.
I agree that multiples of same item should not be allowed by an individual. IF so, catch the person at some other time and let him sign things earlier or at a later time not in Saturday evening session.
All the designers and artists are very cordial and I do appreciate them taking the time to do signings for the fans. It is just a little sad that a couple of bad eggs ruin it the experience for everyone else with their greed.
p

What I think is so crazy about the autograph session was the total lack of consideration for others buy these 2 asshats that wanted 50 flyers signed and caused the line to halt for over half an hour. Everyone talks about pinball etiquette and being considerate so everyone can play at TPF.
No playing multiple games, play your game and move on. Same should be for the autograph session. I understand some people my have 2 or 3 things, that’s not excessive. Bringing a portfolio of 50 flyers for a legend to sign wile you cause a major traffic jam is excessive! This same crap happed at the 2017 TPF too! They need to just put it in writing on the TPF web site. Autograph Line etiquette = no more than 2-3 items per legend then move along! Then when some asshat brings a portfolio of 50 flyers for John Borg to sign so he can put them on eBay they can just refuse and say move along.

#1741 5 years ago

Limiting autographs to 3 items per legend is more than reasonable. People that simply must have tons of autographs can always go through the line multiple times. A no-brainer policy that will suit 99% of people just fine.

#1742 5 years ago

if the rest of the line knew what was going on... I don't think it would have lasted In the tail end of the line, we had no idea why the line wasn't moving for 45mins.

#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

What I think is so crazy about the autograph session was the total lack of consideration for others buy these 2 asshats that wanted 50 flyers signed and caused the line to halt for over half an hour. Everyone talks about pinball etiquette and being considerate so everyone can play at TPF.

Ha - I autographed a few circuit boards at my booth in Texas this year but there was never a line and they are very unlikely to fetch any coin on eBay.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my new Skee Display Board replacements for model H & S Skee Ball

#1744 5 years ago

Seriously, all it took was for those of us at the end of the line to figure out what was happening then we walked over to the legends at the other end of the table that were sitting there doing nothing. We may not have gotten Borg's autograph but we got everyone else in just a few minutes. There really needed to be a line director OR a way for there to be a line for each legend, as they did at Chicago Expo.

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'm honored. Sincerely.
Can't wait to see it framed!

Done and it looks fantastic in person!!

RyanClaytor your's is first, then Chris Franchi BM66 (Got one signed for me and one for wife's friend "Kane" the country singer - big Batman fan like Chris is)

IMG_1054 (resized).JPGIMG_1054 (resized).JPG

IMG_1055 (resized).JPGIMG_1055 (resized).JPG

#1746 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Done and it looks fantastic in person!!
ryanclaytor your's is first, then Chris Franchi BM66 (Got one signed for me and one for wife's friend "Kane" the country singer - big Batman fan like Chris is)

Wow! Very classy! Thanks for makin' my work look so good. ...I also like the subtle reflection of your Husky tool case in the reflection. Appropriate in the pinball context. Thanks a bunch for posting this! Now I need to go steal your brilliant framed/signed slingshot idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
17,945 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Hardware
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.