IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 35.
#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Pfft I bet Embassy wouldn't let it be fired indoors.

Forget adjusting someone’s leg levelers, imagine firing a T-shirt through their backglass!

#1652 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The star wars pro and gotg pro in our booth we're both played non stop throughout the show. I don't have the audits, but I'd guess around 500 plays each. The games held up incredibly well, not a single issue on either game.

I checked Star Wars today after putting it back on its feet.

581 plays.

Once again, thank you for coming to TPF and pimping out my Star Wars Pro. I spent a good 10 minutes just ogling the mods.

The Stern Aerosmith Pro that was in the Pinside Booth will be checked tomorrow.

Marcus

#1653 6 years ago

Great pics & vids posted on this thread! Here's a couple vids that Ed shot while at TPF for Pinball Mayhem.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread/page/2#post-4292193

#1654 6 years ago

Shout-out for first-time meet with @ryan1234. Will we be seeing you again next year?

0B27B699-A829-4A2D-9F21-8DFF48FA5BBC (resized).jpeg0B27B699-A829-4A2D-9F21-8DFF48FA5BBC (resized).jpeg

#1655 6 years ago

Another awesome TPF- I heard there were 470 machines this year! I wonder if the corner that is currently used for seminars (Frisco 7) could be added to the general floor space next year to provide another 4000 square feet for games and vendors. I know there are other conference rooms outside of that footprint; not sure if they're big enough for the seminars though.

#1656 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Will we be seeing you again next year?

Maybe...
Did I hear correctly that you won a award?

#1657 6 years ago

Looks like it was a great show with several cool people from here in attendance. Sucks I had to miss out...had a trip booked, but unfortunately had to cancel it. Definitely not gonna miss it next year.

#1658 6 years ago

Had a great time with Charlie, Bug and the Spooky team!

#1659 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Another awesome TPF- I heard there were 470 machines this year! I wonder if the corner that is currently used for seminars (Frisco 7) could be added to the general floor space next year to provide another 4000 square feet for games and vendors. I know there are other conference rooms outside of that footprint; not sure if they're big enough for the seminars though.

+1 on this. Pinball and the festival is so popular now that this huge space is cramped tighter than a can of sardines now on Sat. That's great for pinball but it's feeling that TPF is close to (if not already) outgrown it's current location. It's a nice venue but I found it tough to even walk through most of the isles.

Not sure of a solution but I think the cramped quarters was the only negative. Overall another great show!

#1660 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

+1 on this. Pinball and the festival is so popular now that this huge space is cramped tighter than a can of sardines now on Sat. That's great for pinball but it's feeling that TPF is close to (if not already) outgrown it's current location. It's a nice venue but I found it tough to even walk through most of the isles.
Not sure of a solution but I think the cramped quarters was the only negative. Overall another great show!

this

It was a little sad to see how crowded the show has gotten. 3 years ago you could walk around and play just about anything you wanted anytime you wanted except for the newest announcement. Great for pinball, but not great for us veterans. I can't believe how crowded it got Friday night and was already packed out Saturday morning at 10am.

#1661 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It was a little sad to see how crowded the show has gotten. 3 years ago you could walk around and play just about anything you wanted anytime you wanted except for the newest announcement. Great for pinball, but not great for us veterans. I can't believe how crowded it got Friday night and was already packed out Saturday morning at 10am.

Was it any better on Sunday morning?

#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was it any better on Sunday morning

Opened at 9 am on Sunday and for the first hour or so it was rather easy to get to play what you wanted to...

#1663 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Maybe...
Did I hear correctly that you won a award?

Yes runner-up best 70’s EM for Skyrocket and nothing for Old Chicago due to that last-minute cabinet paint failure. Otherwise... who knows what might have been?

Quoted from 85vett:

With greater awesomeness comes complexity and this year the floor layout felt like navigating one of those tilting maze-labyrinth games. Was occasionally challenging to describe where to meet people or where anything was.

Not sure how this can be fixed but I’ve heard rumors of some games possibly in the hallways next year?

#1664 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yes runner-up best 70’s EM for Skyrocket and nothing for Old Chicago due to that last-minute cabinet paint failure. Otherwise... who knows what might have been?

With greater awesomeness comes complexity and this year the floor layout felt like navigating one of those tilting maze-labyrinth games. Was occasionally challenging to describe where to meet people or where anything was.
Not sure how this can be fixed but I’ve heard rumors of some games possibly in the hallways next year?

Hey Nick
I really enjoyed playing the Skyrocket. Was a hidden gem for me. Thanks for bringing it. Interesting things were done back in 1971 with relays and motors. Out lanes were pretty brutal. Playfield was beautiful. Did you do the touch up and clear?
Wally

#1665 6 years ago

Talking about how cramped it seemed, being St. Patrick's Day on Saturday makes me wonder if the crowds were down from what they could have been had it not fallen on March 17.

It definitely is growing. The suggestion for growing into the adjacent seminar space seems like a practical suggestion should another convenient space be available for the seminars.

#1666 6 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Nick
I really enjoyed playing the Skyrocket. Was a hidden gem for me. Thanks for bringing it. Interesting things were done back in 1971 with relays and motors. Out lanes were pretty brutal. Playfield was beautiful. Did you do the touch up and clear?
Wally

I could be totally wrong but I think Keith holbrook does the touch and clear

#1667 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I could be totally wrong but I think Keith holbrook does the touch and clear

Holbrook did Old Chicago, Neo did Skyrocket.

#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Had a great time with Charlie, Bug and the Spooky team!
» YouTube video

From the wierd Aussie,..,Thx for making the wait for Kingpin so entertaining,... and info on the Denver pinball scene!!

BB64889B-4888-4BA7-9878-4ABFCD04933A (resized).jpegBB64889B-4888-4BA7-9878-4ABFCD04933A (resized).jpeg

#1669 6 years ago

sorry if this was posted already, cool birds-eye view of the show for those who haven't seen it already...

http://www.pinsane.com/pinorama/events/TPF_18/

#1670 6 years ago

The Stern Aerosmith Pro in the Pinside Booth had 521 plays.

The Gottlieb Royal Guard had even more at 589 plays!!! Viva la EM!!

Marcus

#1671 6 years ago

ok.... just woke up... where is everybody? where's my breakfast coupon??
here's the last pic on my camera...
recall some light sabres being involved at some point...

drunk-ladies-1.jpgdrunk-ladies-1.jpg

#1672 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

cool birds-eye view of the show for those who haven't seen it already...
http://www.pinsane.com/pinorama/events/TPF_18/

VERY COOL!!

Quoted from labnip:

Ohh...yeahhh

#1673 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Hello daddy, Hello mom. Ch Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Hello daddy, Hello mom. Ch Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

hehehe

#1675 6 years ago

hey, if anyone wants to see more pix of TPF and other pinball / arcade shows & news then PM me for my facebook info... able to post tons more there on regular basis.

also, if you like cabaret arcade games, join group here > https://www.facebook.com/groups/783940948375540

#1676 6 years ago

We’re still driving home. Our Route 66 return has been pretty epic so far. St Paddy’s day-after fun in Shamrock, TX. Cadillac Ranch sunset with 55mph winds and wildfires almost causing us to evacuate our hotel in Amarillo, spent nights in iconic Blue Swallow Hotel in Tucumcari NM and in a teepee at the Wigwam Hotel in Holbrook, AZ. Mind blown at Meow Wolf in Santa Fe and the Petrified Forest Nat’l Park. Tons of backroads following 66 and avoiding I-40 and tomorrow morning we’re taking the train from Williams AZ to the Grand Canyon for a day trip. I figure we’ll be home sometime before work on Monday morning. Two Week TPF Trip!! (Sorry. No pics yet. I brought an actual camera and no computer)

#1677 6 years ago

Hey Art. Did you come say hi at the history booth?

Jeff

#1678 6 years ago

29433313_1977900958886815_4250691702211215360_o_2 (resized).jpg29433313_1977900958886815_4250691702211215360_o_2 (resized).jpg

#1679 6 years ago

I stopped by a couple of times but didn’t get a chance to talk to you. The first time on Friday you were 10 people deep with fans and the second time, on Saturday, you’d stepped away but I finally got some time in on a few of the games. My plan was to come back Sunday morning but we had a dead car battery. It, honestly, couldn’t have happened at a better place or time on the trip but it meant We didn’t have time to go back to the show. We’ll definitely be back next year and, please, if you’re ever in SoCal look us up. I’d like to repay some of the great Texas hospitality we experienced.

#1680 6 years ago

Great picture of TNA!

#1681 6 years ago

I heard a rumour that to one up Lou Ferrigno next year's celebrity at TPF is going to be @vid1900.

#1682 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I heard a rumour that to one up Lou Ferrigno next year's celebrity at TPF is going to be vid1900.

I would pay $20 for vid 1900 's autograph

#1683 6 years ago

I would want a autograph picture of Vid wearing his body armor.

#1684 6 years ago

Hi TPF goers,

So...

We have a very important question, and would welcome some very honest answers. What will you remember most about deeproot and TPF 2018?

— Robert dT

#1685 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hi TPF goers,
So...
We have a very important question, and would welcome some very honest answers. What will you remember most about deeproot and TPF 2018?
— Robert dT

Attempts at relevancy?

That I love Barry O's work - but he's not much for conversation..

#1686 6 years ago

They had some confusing banners around the venue. But then I had never heard of them before TPF so mission accomplished?

Shawn

#1687 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hi TPF goers,
So...
— Robert dT

That the logo does actually look kind of like a butthole. I can't unsee it now that it's been pointed out.

#1688 6 years ago

Deeproot who?

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That the logo does actually look kind of like a butthole. I can't unsee it now that it's been pointed out.

Definitely need a new logo.

#1690 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hi TPF goers,
So...
— Robert dT

1. The banners with more claims and a timeline for tpf next year. I want to be excited about a manufacturer in my town, but I’ve been put off by arrogant comments that disparage the pinball industry. I suggest letting your product do the talking and keeping comments on the up and up.

2. That they sponsored the exhibitor goodie bags and doubled the tourney prize money.

#1691 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hi TPF goers,
So...
— Robert dT

I complimented Ed on the extra free things included in the exhibitor goody bag. He immediately gave credit to Deeproot for sponsoring them.

I did not notice the banners at the show or the Deeproot ads in the goody bag as I usually don’t read those items. I didn’t look at the program as I was so busy enjoying the show.

I did not attend the seminar.

As there was no Deeproot game to be seen at the show, I wash not really aware of their presence.

#1692 6 years ago

Gomez telling kaneda he spouts bullshit. Kingpin being awesome and pirates being "meh".

As far as deeproot the only time I noticed them was when the guy said that they sponsored the prizes at the end.

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

2. That they sponsored the exhibitor goodie bags and doubled the tourney prize money.

This, followed by a twinge of ick. Company with no product has money to sponsor something like TPF? Oooookay, whatever. Nice priorities there. Yay for the tourney players and exhibitors. Bonus points for TPF for not having the bunghole on the merch.

Seriously, I don't even get why you guys are trolling on here, or even attempting to advertise. You have nothing. You've shown nothing. All you've managed to do as far as I can tell is throw around some money and piss off Ben Heck, which is already like a -4000 DKP (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/50-dkp-minus-onyxia-wipe for those not familiar with the term..) in my book.

#1694 6 years ago

The signage looked mysterious which is what I'm guessing you were going for. Barry O said he was working on multiple games, some licensed. And you have multiple designers! Gotta imagine, in not too much time you are going to be pretty frontloaded with a ton of designs but no games. The toughest part as we've seen is to build them. We'll see how this pans out but I'm pretty excited.

The other thing I figured is that, due to the size/quality of this show, we could see multiple releases next year! They're gonna need a bigger venue (which is hard to believe) or limit the ticket sales (which is also hard to believe!)

#1695 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hi TPF goers,
So...
— Robert dT

I'm not much of a mystery kind of guy. I saw the banners. All I read was blah blah blah. I say, put up or shut up.

#1696 6 years ago

I remember a bunch of us standing around the banner all laughing at how the logo looks like a strap on butt-plug.

#1697 6 years ago

Ok I will give my honest opinion on what I saw from Deeproot. I was intrigued by the 5 days of Deeproot ending with the 5th day at TPF. Will Friday be the fifth day so I need to come Thursday to be apart. So the first 4 days are Monday - Thursday? Where will this take place? I saw your banners and the goody bag saying Deeproot sponsored TPF and heard the announcement that money was giving that essentially doubled the prize money. In terms of support for TPF I was impressed. If Deeproot has working and fun games at TPF next year people will line up to play them, because at the end of the day most people appreciate the art and typically forgive the artist or at the very least are able to separate the two, or don't care one way or the other. I for one just like to play pinball and anytime a new game that is fun to play comes out it's cool to me, no matter who makes it. Being skeptical that this will happens means nothing, so I say good luck and hopefully as a result more new pinball machines will join the mix!

#1698 6 years ago

It was cool that the goodie bags were more impressive this year, and glad you guys upped the prize money. I really appreciated that.

Yeah, the banners were confusing but that was the point right?

Hope to see deeproot actually produce something now and have a real presence at next year's tpf. Would love to be impressed by a new company. Good luck to you guys.

#1699 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hi TPF goers,
So...
— Robert dT

Give Barry Ousler as much money as he needs to make a machine.untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

#1700 6 years ago

Well hopefully not too belated but what a fantastic week I have had zipping back and forth from one side of the US to the other soaking up as much positive pinball energy as possible.

Just wanted to add my sincere thanks to everyone behind the smooth running of TPF and you guys truly know how to put on a remarkable public pinball event, and all without the egos and gratuitous self promotion. There really is nothing that comes even close to anything like this down here in Australia at all in terms of scale, organisation and professionalism. All the attendees and vendors are always so open and welcoming to this Aussie from the other side of the globe. I'm going to make sure it isn't another 3 years before I get back there again, that's for sure.

Couple of days at TPF, couple of days in New York, New York its a helluva town getting my clothes laundered with a little ray of sunshine and seeing the sights, and a couple of days on the West Coast catching up with long term friends before the long haul flight back home to Terra Australia.

Body clock is now completely out of whack but all is good as to counter that I got my pinball mojo back thanks to you guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.