IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 35.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I respect anyone's right to inhale chemicals into their lungs as the next person, but I will admit to a personal dislike of vaping. The odors of just about any scented products like vapes etc give me a pretty bad headache. I try hard to avoid the vapers outside the doors etc.

I smoked Marlboros for 46 years and then switched to vaping and 6 months after that I was finally nicotine free. Being around the smoke or vapor does not bother me but the vape sure stinks. I can smell things I used to never notice.

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Who wants vaping allowed in public places? It’s no different than cigarette smoke. Cancerous and gross.
You can keep that stuff down there in the “sparkling city by the sea”.

LoL are you serious?

You can't be serious.

Sparkling is a joke btw.

The spring break crowd is TRASHING OUR BEACHES at the moment.

It's sad. Next week we are having a clean up effort... It will honestly take us 3-4 months to get it all out of the sand.

And glass bottles... The horror

#1203 6 years ago

Gonna load up 2 machines in the morning, and then head out from south Louisiana, up and over to Frisco, TX.
I know I should have left on Tue morning to get up there in time, but I'll keep the horses well fed with apples, carrots, and grains.
No doubt I will need to check all the connectors and screws after unloading at TPF, due to the bumpy wagon ride.
No telling how many parts will have fallen off down inside the cabinets.
wagontrain-pinball-transport (resized).jpgwagontrain-pinball-transport (resized).jpg

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

For all the the out-of-towners...

Hey Mr. J! Doing a story on TPF this year?

All good suggestions and don’t forget the Dallas World Aquarium which is part indoor rainforest/part aquarium... world class!

http://www.dwazoo.com

Also Reunion Tower is worth doing for the view. Touristy, yes, but still good!

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone have a roll of stretch wrap for wrapping games I can buy?
I have a few games to wrap up that are being transported to various places and it would be great if someone can hook it up. Pls message me.

any lowes or home depot sells it!

#1206 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone have a roll of stretch wrap for wrapping games I can buy?
I have a few games to wrap up that are being transported to various places and it would be great if someone can hook it up. Pls message me.

any home depot or lowes will have it for sale

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Who wants vaping allowed in public places? It’s no different than cigarette smoke. Cancerous and gross.
You can keep that stuff down there in the “sparkling city by the sea”.

stay home, nobody will bother you there....I promise!

#1208 6 years ago

Loaded up. TPF for me starts tomorrow. Can’t wait!

24E8F0CE-96A3-4CA0-8FDA-EF4FD24483C7 (resized).jpeg24E8F0CE-96A3-4CA0-8FDA-EF4FD24483C7 (resized).jpeg
C5397A01-78FA-42E6-9FCD-4DDF27DDF75E (resized).jpegC5397A01-78FA-42E6-9FCD-4DDF27DDF75E (resized).jpeg

#1209 6 years ago

apple crown is some nasty stuff!!!!

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Starting the drive from Tucson with zene10 !

We made it as far as Abilene tonight. We “celebrated” with the worst dining experience in recent memory with the only restaurant open past 11PM.

Freeplay setup tomorrow- zene10 ‘s wh20 and whirlwind, and a PinSound board for tctx02 ‘s Getaway.

All that and a supply of Aslin beer I smuggled in from VA!

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Preston is a road that runs N/S on the west side of Plano/Richardson/Dallas/Frisco. If it WAS at some point a city, it's long since been incorporated, because I've been here my entire life (36 years) and never heard of such a thing.

It's Parker, not Preston.

#1213 6 years ago

Another idea would be Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington as it is open. Weather will be nice today-Saturday.

#1214 6 years ago

Packed up and about to hit the road - WoooHooo~!~!

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I really enjoyed the 6'th floor book depository museum in Dallas. Cool place if you are into history.

I went there on my first trip to TPF four years ago and also really enjoyed it. I was a social studies teacher at the time and definitely appreciated the whole setup and tour.

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I respect anyone's right to inhale chemicals into their lungs as the next person, but I will admit to a personal dislike of vaping. The odors of just about any scented products like vapes etc give me a pretty bad headache. I try hard to avoid the vapers outside the doors etc.

That's why you never talk to me, right? =Þ

Plenty of vapers are just entitled douchebags about it. I guess it comes from being an entitled douche with a cigarette for most people, but that's hard for me to understand...since...I never...smoked...cigarettes. ¬_¬; I just don't get why people can't seem to be respectful about it. It's like...if you can see that the damn wind is blowing towards a door or crowd of people, it's not that hard to move to avoid that, and if you're such a crackhead that you can't go an hour without it..good lord get some nicotine gum or patches.

Cancerous? Prove it. OR disprove it. I don't think anyone can even say yet. There's not enough long term studies. Anyone choosing to use is playing russian roulette with their long term health. I am, I'm cognizant of that, and IDGAF. /shrug You want to argue that they've been allowed to run crazy without any regulation, sure, but the government is making it harder and stricter every year. I used to be able to walk into a local shop and get a custom flavor mixed on the spot. No more of that! Prices are up, shops and online vendors have closed because of the new regs making it not profitable without a lot of volume. Mount Baker Vapor, which was AFAIK the largest online retailer where you could design custom flavor juices...nope, can't do it there either. It blows ass, and the regulation is nonsensical. They haven't prevented a single candy/sweet flavor from being made, all they did was take their little slice of money and say "Oh, it's regulated now! Kids are safe because 'childproof tops'!" smh. It's just as ridiculous as weed legislation.

Anyways...enough of that..

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

It's Parker, not Preston.

Right on. Parker's still a thing.

#1218 6 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

Any word on if vaping is allowed at TPF????
Is vaping allowed at cidercade I forgot to ask

Switch to dipping.

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's why you never talk to me, right? =Þ
Plenty of vapers are just entitled douchebags about it. I guess it comes from being an entitled douche with a cigarette for most people, but that's hard for me to understand...since...I never...smoked...cigarettes. ¬_¬; I just don't get why people can't seem to be respectful about it. It's like...if you can see that the damn wind is blowing towards a door or crowd of people, it's not that hard to move to avoid that, and if you're such a crackhead that you can't go an hour without it..good lord get some nicotine gum or patches.
Cancerous? Prove it. OR disprove it. I don't think anyone can even say yet. There's not enough long term studies. Anyone choosing to use is playing russian roulette with their long term health. I am, I'm cognizant of that, and IDGAF. /shrug You want to argue that they've been allowed to run crazy without any regulation, sure, but the government is making it harder and stricter every year. I used to be able to walk into a local shop and get a custom flavor mixed on the spot. No more of that! Prices are up, shops and online vendors have closed because of the new regs making it not profitable without a lot of volume. Mount Baker Vapor, which was AFAIK the largest online retailer where you could design custom flavor juices...nope, can't do it there either. It blows ass, and the regulation is nonsensical. They haven't prevented a single candy/sweet flavor from being made, all they did was take their little slice of money and say "Oh, it's regulated now! Kids are safe because 'childproof tops'!" smh. It's just as ridiculous as weed legislation.
Anyways...enough of that..

I don't mind vapers, it's the ones that use a car battery and blow a mystery ABomb cloud into the air that bother me.

#1220 6 years ago

I'm so bummed not to be able to make TPF. I do read every thread on it. Keep them coming.

#1221 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Made it! Anyone here early wants to join wife and I for lunch. We are headed to Jeff’s Vegan about a mile from Embassy Suites. Sitting in the lobby now! Excited to be here

How was Jeff's vegan? Looking for some options in the area.

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don't mind vapers, it's the ones that use a car battery and blow a mystery ABomb cloud into the air that bother me.

/shrug. My mod is pretty compact, it's two batteries...but the size of the mod isn't much bigger than the thing. Most 2 battery mods can run up to 200w (I sit at 70!) so I don't get why people even need a 3 battery brick. I get blowing huge clouds...it's fun in a "oh what the hell man!" kind of way, but it's also wasteful of juice, which is EXPENSIVE. I know the local place I buy from has moved a little bit away from "high VG" juices... the lower amount of VG-to-PG ratio means less clouds, but also...inhaling and then just immediately exhaling is just defeating the purpose of delivering nic, so... if you want to mock someone for chucking huge clouds, go right ahead. They're just literally blowing money into the air.

#1223 6 years ago

EVERYTHING'S BIGGER IN TEXAS... BAYWATCH MUST SEE PREVIEW AT TPF!

We're just one day away the Texas Pinball Festival and our preview for Baywatch on the new ColorDMD X-LED display! With the higher resolution, large format display there's a lot to see!

Of course, all the things you've come to expect from ColorDMD will be there... full color video modes, full motion capture beauties, and hard-to-color dynamic modes where multiple animation elements change based on gameplay... trapped diver, chopper rescue, shark flip, and more. But Eric Priepke's added one special feature that's never been seen on any ColorDMD before... full color animated scoring!

Watch waves crash and the sun's reflection dynamically ripple on the water, while fully colorized helicopters, boats, sharks, and jetskiiers move between and behind embossed score digits that change with each switch hit. It's absolutely stunning!

Baywatch will be set up throughout the weekend in the ColorDMD booth at TPF! Find us along the back wall near the large Marco booth. Don't miss it!

BW_AnimatedScore (resized).PNGBW_AnimatedScore (resized).PNG

#1224 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

All that and a supply of Aslin beer I smuggled in from VA!

I assume you are keeping all that smuggled beer on ice as Aslin intended?

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice shirt ryanclaytor

Jady! Are you gonna be at TPF!??!

*Hopeful!!!*

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Vegan in Texas

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I assume you are keeping all that smuggled beer on ice as Aslin intended?

Keep it cold ya dingus!

69A37FBF-5BED-415F-B767-79084375C5D9 (resized).jpeg69A37FBF-5BED-415F-B767-79084375C5D9 (resized).jpeg

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

if you want to mock someone for chucking huge clouds, go right ahead. They're just literally blowing money into the air.

In my experience they usually have handlebar moustaches and/or wear fedoras.

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hey Mr. J! Doing a story on TPF this year?

I want to! But I need a "hook", something unique or a strong character to profile. Any ideas, please let me know. Previous stories:

Future of pinball

Acrylic Pinball Machine

Nicks American Tour

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I cannot disagree.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I cannot disagree.

Dude! Is that my Crescendo in the Acrylic vid? lol. Has anyone else EVER brought a Crescendo to TPF?!? LOL!

#1232 6 years ago

Me and the future Mrs are on our plane now. Should be in DFW around 1130 this morning. It's getting real!!

20180315_084858 (resized).jpg20180315_084858 (resized).jpg

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

/shrug. My mod is pretty compact, it's two batteries...but the size of the mod isn't much bigger than the thing. Most 2 battery mods can run up to 200w (I sit at 70!) so I don't get why people even need a 3 battery brick. I get blowing huge clouds...it's fun in a "oh what the hell man!" kind of way, but it's also wasteful of juice, which is EXPENSIVE. I know the local place I buy from has moved a little bit away from "high VG" juices... the lower amount of VG-to-PG ratio means less clouds, but also...inhaling and then just immediately exhaling is just defeating the purpose of delivering nic, so... if you want to mock someone for chucking huge clouds, go right ahead. They're just literally blowing money into the air.

I order my juice from a place out of Texas, cheaper then buying it local and don't have to pay the tax per ml they've imposed here.

Vapewild.com might be worth checking out if you haven't already, they offer a free 3 10ml bottle sample pack if you pay shipping

#1234 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Fantastic. Was excellent service and great food. Had the burger with vegan bacon, vegan potstickers and Texas fries!!

#1235 6 years ago

0 Days to TPF 2018 !!!

Today's the day to get set-up or help friends get set up safely.
Get some early insight into the excitement, trade rumors & hang out with "old" friends

yes-1.jpegyes-1.jpeg

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Vegan in Texas

Quad bypass in July. Not trying to save any animals ... just me

#1237 6 years ago

On our way down in a couple hours. Only an hours drive from here. The excitement is palpable!

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

I want to! But I need a "hook", something unique or a strong character to profile. Any ideas, please let me know. Previous stories:
Future of pinball
» YouTube video
Acrylic Pinball Machine
» YouTube video
Nicks American Tour
» YouTube video

How about Jeff's prewar game section? It's quite popular and proves the timelessness of classic designs even without flippers. Maybe also combine with Paul's incredible tiki-pinball machine? No other pinball machine has exhibited this level of woodcraft! It may have been the most-photographed machine at TPF last year, even in its unfinished form. Now it's on a whole new level.

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

Any word on if vaping is allowed at TPF????
Is vaping allowed at cidercade I forgot to ask

Stealth vape!

#1240 6 years ago

It's gettin' real!

20180315_111335 (resized).jpg20180315_111335 (resized).jpg

#1241 6 years ago

Loaded and heading over shortly.

IMG_2196 (resized).JPGIMG_2196 (resized).JPG

#1242 6 years ago

Sure wish I could be at TPF this year but there is just no way I can travel right now I am living thru you lucky guys now, please post lots of pics and video.

#1243 6 years ago

Hello. There's a pinball machine that dispenses beer. Beer! From a pinball machine! This is the guy I sweated losing to in 2015 if he had showed. ( yeah, and Zitt and Goonies too...)

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Quad bypass in July. Not trying to save any animals ... just me

That's cool I was just kidding ,because of all the brisket and BBQ Texas is known for.
Don't forget to check out the food trucks right outside the side doors if your at show.

#1245 6 years ago

See everyone on Saturday! This will likely be my last sober post for a while.

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That's cool I was just kidding ,because of all the brisket and BBQ Texas is known for.
Don't forget to check out the food trucks right outside the side doors if your at show.

No worries man. The irony isn’t lost on me

Nor is the the missed opportunity to eat some of the best BBQ in the world. Was just here doing that very thing 2 years ago. ... great food in Texas

See you soon here at TPF! Safe travels

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sure wish I could be at TPF this year but there is just no way I can travel right now I am living thru you lucky guys now, please post lots of pics and video.

Miss not being able to say hello face to face but getting healed takes priority. Best in your recovery!

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

0 Days to TPF 2018 !!!
Today's the day to get set-up or help friends get set up safely.
Get some early insight into the excitement, trade rumors & hang out with "old" friends

If we want to help with setup, what do we do, where do we go, who do we talk to??

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Or a man bun

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Nor is the the missed opportunity to eat some of the best BBQ in the world.

Where's the best place to get BBQ when at TPF?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.00
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/25?hl=blueblood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.