IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 35.
#1051 6 years ago

We have about 6 hrs to kill friday.

Should i go to the zoo? Aquarium?

Is tpf worth going to friday night?

#1052 6 years ago

It's not typically nearly as busy friday night as it is saturday during the day.

Dallas World Aquarium isn't too bad, I liked it.

I do not like the Dallas Zoo, but I know they've been trying to improve things in recent years. My major complaint in terms of just being a visitor is that there (are? were?) very few shaded areas along the walking paths. If it gets hot (and btw...it's supposed to be 76 and close to 70% humidity on friday...probably more what you're used to lately than we are!) and sunny....it's just really hard to spend several hours there and not get burned. Hopefully they've improved that in the last few years, because it's the number one reason I'll go to Fort Worth to go to a zoo over driving 1/4th the distance to get to the Dallas Zoo. >_<

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

because it's the number one reason I'll go to Fort Worth to go to a zoo over driving 1/4th the distance to get to the Dallas Zoo.

Ditto. We did both zoos not too many years ago and Ft Worth's beat the Dallas one hands down.

#1054 6 years ago

Attention tournament players!

I did a test stream using a new computer in preparation of TPF next week. I took the opportunity to give a sneak peak of the “Stars” that will be featured in the main bank. Enjoy. Be sure to subscribe to the channel if you'd like to watch the finals of the tournament.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237375305

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

I will be at cidercade friday night.

I'll be there Tuesdaynight. If it's fun Wednesdaynight as well. Is the Medieval thing a block or so away worth going to?

#1056 6 years ago

Pinball-Mods.com is offering "Free" shipping to TPF'2018.
Simply purchase your poison on our site; pay for it - including shipping. Put in the order comments you wish to pickup at TPF and I'll refund the shipping via Paypal.

#1057 6 years ago

Can I renew this at the show?

F7622AF2-E359-4A0B-9214-F999B7BA022A (resized).jpegF7622AF2-E359-4A0B-9214-F999B7BA022A (resized).jpeg

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Can I renew this at the show?

Please no... I don't want tape on my coin chutes.

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anybody want to split a cab or uber ?
I'll be arriving Friday DFW 11:24 am
LTG : )

Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hey LTG. I arrived at DFW at 11:13. Im happy to split with you. I have you on Facebook. Ryan Cazz. Cya then!

I'll be staying at my sister's in FT. Worth Thursday night. DFW is pretty much on the way to TPF. I can get you both there. I drive a station wagon so plenty of room for luggage.

#1060 6 years ago

We arrive at DFW about 130 on Thursday. We are renting a car so if anyone needs a ride at that time from dfw to Frisco, let me know.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'll be staying at my sister's in FT. Worth Thursday night. DFW is pretty much on the way to TPF. I can get you both there. I drive a station wagon so plenty of room for luggage.

Thank you !

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Playfield glass at TPF:
We'll have new sheets of standard playfield glass (43"x21") in the Multimorphic booth at TPF. $25 per sheet. 5 for $100.
PM me and let me know how many to bring for you so we ensure we bring enough. We can handle large quantities.
No shipping. Pickup only. We can also arrange pickup in southwest Austin before or after the show.

Last call for glass orders. We'll be packing it up early this week.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1063 6 years ago

Already picking up 3 ColorDMDs LED displays at this show. Eyeballing a PF from mirco as well that I plan to pick up while I'm there. Man, my wallet is going to hemmorhage ....

#1064 6 years ago

Where's labnip? We need our daily count down to TPF!
Time is getting short!

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

We have about 6 hrs to kill friday.
Should i go to the zoo? Aquarium?
Is tpf worth going to friday night?

Kennedy Museum at Dealey Plaza- but book your ticket ahead.

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Already picking up 3 ColorDMDs LED displays at this show. Eyeballing a PF from mirco as well that I plan to pick up while I'm there. Man, my wallet is going to hemmorhage ....

Just got on and bought one for my MET. I’m excited to finally get it into this game. If GB was done I would have bought a second one right now too.

#1067 6 years ago

At airport now on my way!

I bought some kangaroo jerky so you sick bastards can eat our national animal

Also bought some Vegemite as well so anyone having breakfast at the same time at embassy can experience the world's best toast spread.

20180312_091108 (resized).jpg20180312_091108 (resized).jpg

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I bought some kangaroo jerky

Ooh. Please bring a sample by the History of Pinball booth Please!

20180311_181726 (resized).jpg20180311_181726 (resized).jpg

#1069 6 years ago

Heard of Vegimite. Never tried it. Interested

#1070 6 years ago

Don't know about meat products. Most countries are very restrictive from mad cow disease. Read your customs forms carefully!

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Don't know about meat products. Most countries are very restrictive from mad cow disease. Read your customs forms carefully!

It’s dried so there is no moister for any bacteria to grow. That’s why it’s no problem for them to sell it at the airport.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

My understanding is it's similar to marmite, but I've heard things to the contrary also so.... /shrug

Quiddity likes Marmite...I like it a lot but it gives me godawful heartburn. =( I'd totally try some Kangaroo jerky. I still maintain the best jerky I've ever had was some deer jerky my dad's family had made a good long while ago.

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I did a test stream using a new computer in preparation of TPF next week. I took the opportunity to give a sneak peak of the “Stars” that will be featured in the main bank. Enjoy. Be sure to subscribe to the channel if you'd like to watch the finals of the tournament.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to play it but I do hope that the cat mod is removed for the tournament

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

fun stream and thanks.

Hard to tell if just video feed or game, but the right flipper looked a little spongy compared to the left? Maybe it was just that you were always tap passing on right? Just seemed like delayed reaction compared to left one.

#1075 6 years ago

ColorDMD is excited to preview the new ColorDMD X-LED 192x64 display this week at the Texas Pinball Festival!

Link to full announcement: https://mailchi.mp/dab3143dd067/colordmd-x-led-preview

BW_AttractScore (resized).PNGBW_AttractScore (resized).PNG

#1076 6 years ago

>400 machines at TPF, Wow!

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to play it but I do hope that the cat mod is removed for the tournament

Cat mod adds extra difficulty!

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fun stream and thanks.
Hard to tell if just video feed or game, but the right flipper looked a little spongy compared to the left? Maybe it was just that you were always tap passing on right? Just seemed like delayed reaction compared to left one.

Thanks. May just be a stream thing. Both flippers were recently rebuilt and flipping like champs. But yeah, I tend to tap from right to left a lot. Especially if the ball is coming down the right inlane with speed. It’s an easy way to slow down the ball. Taking an on the fly shot from right flipper on stars is not a good idea, IMO.

#1079 6 years ago

We have one extra room reserved for the TPF Fri & Sat night at the promo rate. We'd hate to cancel it, so if there is someone that didn't get a room contact me at [email protected] and drop me your contact info. I'll then post when the room is taken. Then meet us at the hotel on Friday and I'll transfer the room to your name (you'll have to pay of course.
Darren

#1080 6 years ago

3 DAYS UNTIL TPF !!!!

There's still some other nearby hotels you can book last minute !

texas-hotel-1.jpgtexas-hotel-1.jpg

#1081 6 years ago

If you're not coming to TPF 2018, then you are...

out-of-order-1.jpgout-of-order-1.jpg

#1082 6 years ago

3 DAYS

321-iWatch-counter-1.gif321-iWatch-counter-1.gif

#1083 6 years ago

3-Strange-Days-1.jpg3-Strange-Days-1.jpg

#1084 6 years ago

Time to untape your games, get loaded up & head to TPF !

pacman-arcade-cardboard-1.jpgpacman-arcade-cardboard-1.jpg

#1085 6 years ago

3 DAYS UNTIL TPF 2018 !!!!!

delete-1.gifdelete-1.gif

#1086 6 years ago

excited-3-tpf-omg-1.gifexcited-3-tpf-omg-1.gif

#1087 6 years ago

excited-4-quorra-tpf-1.gifexcited-4-quorra-tpf-1.gif

#1088 6 years ago

Load up the wagon Clark, we're headin' to TPF !!!

family-truckster-wagon-1.jpgfamily-truckster-wagon-1.jpg

#1089 6 years ago

but labnip, its monday. tpf starts friday. that is not 3 days. oh no what have you done!

#1090 6 years ago

Perhaps labnip counts Thur load-in day as an early TPF drinkin day.

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

but labnip, its monday. tpf starts friday. that is not 3 days. oh no what have you done!

He's counting the way my kids count days of school left in the week every morning. Don't count today, and don't count Friday, and the week starts to look a lot more manageable!

#1092 6 years ago

I’m with Labnip. Thursday is my favorite day of TPF! Bring a game, have some fun.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Tried it on some toast while visiting NZ years back. It was..... memorable.

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Tried it on some toast while visiting NZ years back. It was..... memorable.

Vegemite might be one of those things. You either like it or not.

I really like it.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Perhaps labnip counts Thur load-in day as an early TPF drinkin day.

I know I do

#1096 6 years ago

I’m loading up the car, bought waaay too many snacks for the drive. Leaving early tomorrow morning. Sadly, my first stop is Tucson, I was hoping to hit D and D Pinball but their website says closed on Tuesday!! I guess it’s off to the Kon Tiki Bar for me!

#1097 6 years ago

We're double checking our itineraries, getting our Ubers ready, got my black and silver Sharpies ready with 8 flyers and 2 translites to get signed. I was even able to find a 2 page advertisement of General Chaos from an OLD Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine for Brian Colin to sign.

Things for John Borg, Steve Ritchie, George Gomez, Barry Oursler, and more all to sign. Sorry if you end up behind me. Nothing personal : ).

Then there's playfields to buy, swag to snag, people to watch, Pinsiders to meet, and my future wifey is going to play as many different pinball games as possible.

Only 2 more days of work, and it's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Playfield glass at TPF:
We'll have new sheets of standard playfield glass (43"x21") in the Multimorphic booth at TPF. $25 per sheet. 5 for $100.
PM me and let me know how many to bring for you so we ensure we bring enough. We can handle large quantities.

Thank you all for your orders. We're closing orders now so we can pack up and get ready for the show. We'll have the glass in our [Multimorphic] booth at TPF. Due to the high volume of orders, we'll likely be unable to pre-wrap, but we'll have stretch-wrap in the booth. We won't have any other protective material. So please bring your own.

We'll bring some extra pieces for those of you who missed the pre-order window. Those will be first-come, first-served.

Thanks again for your interest. See you at the show.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1099 6 years ago

Flying to DAL in the morn and driving up to WinStar to get our gamble and drink on then down to Frisco on Thursday in time for lunch. See y'all there!

Shawn

#1100 6 years ago

4 of 5 Star Trek Pinball machines are "armored"/"Wrapped".
Picking up Box Truck tomorrow at 2:30pm.

Soon... Soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/22?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.