IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 35.
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from BarrySanders:

If labnip vouched for me , I'm either Gold Star Approved.....or going to prison

probably prison based on that creepy clown pic of yours

--Jeff

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Tell Colin I sold my Metallica so if they need a backup game, they're going to have to find someone else.

Glad to hear you got it sold. Guessing that means it's GOTG time for you!

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Does anyone know of a vendor that will be at TPF this year selling an LE AFMr? I may be interested in purchasing one. Would love to be able to pick it up at the show. (I sent Fun! an email and haven't heard from them yet. Oh well! Too many other vendors out there)

Hmmm, looks like you sent your e-mail to Steve (owner). He doesn't read pinside, but I see he replied to you Friday afternoon.
Look in your Spam folder.
If seriously interested in an AFMr LE, give me a shout I'd be happy to help.
We have one left in our allotment arriving later this week.
It is an AFMr LE (black trim).

Please note, this game will not be a DEMO game at TPF.

Call if interested.
Craig
FUN! Billiards & Gameroom Superstore
972-686-7808

#804 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Hmmm, looks like you sent your e-mail to Steve (owner). He doesn't read pinside,

Hmmm...I sent the email to the one listed on your website [email protected] So are you saying that only goes to Steve? I didn't reach out to him on Pinside. I was hoping to get the TPF show demo discount. I thought I had read that you had an LE that you were bringing. Since I am local I would still have to pay the sales tax but save on shipping. If you aren't going to have a LE demo available I guess I can just get quotes from a few vendors to see who may have one to sell at the show that maybe I can save the shipping/sales tax on it.

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Hmmm...I sent the email to the one listed on your website [email protected] So are you saying that only goes to Steve? I didn't reach out to him on Pinside. I was hoping to get the TPF show demo discount. I thought I had read that you had an LE that you were bringing. Since I am local I would still have to pay the sales tax but save on shipping. If you aren't going to have a LE demo available I guess I can just get quotes from a few vendors to see who may have one to sell at the show that maybe I can save the shipping/sales tax on it.

PM Sent

#807 6 years ago

31 days until TPF 2018 !!!!!

arcade-painting-1.jpgarcade-painting-1.jpg

#808 6 years ago

30 days until TPF 2018 !!!!!!
There may or may not be any adult beverages out & about.

bar-top-pinball-glass-2.jpgbar-top-pinball-glass-2.jpg

#809 6 years ago

Just dawned on me, Saturday Flea Day is also St. Patrick's Day. Up here in the Northeast it's a one day pass for drinking and debauchery and corned beef sandwiches.....

#810 6 years ago

29 days until TPF 2018 !!!!!!

Happy Valentines Day, Nerds

tron-valentines-day-1.jpgtron-valentines-day-1.jpg

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Up here in the Northeast it's a one day pass for drinking and debauchery and corned beef sandwiches.....

This is Texas. We don't need an excuse for that.

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

There will be way more than 100 pinsiders at TPF.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

He means 100 Pinsiders that check the box as attending. This will help us know who needs avatar badges and who will show up for the Pinside social (assuming we do one this year) and what not for the show.

Woody76 called that one right.
I just checked the Pinsider attending list on TPF-2018 event that TPF-Ed created in the Pinside Events section.
https://pinside.com/pinball/events/2018-texas-pinball-festival-2018

Way to go knockerlover, Seraph, and GenXRJDM, for being the 98th, 99th, and 100th Pinsiders to indicate you are planning to attend.
I'm impressed and a bit surprised that so many Pinsiders plan to attend TPF-2018 in mid-March.

Should be an energetic bunch of Pinsiders at the Pinside Meet and Greet TPF kick-off party at the Wild pitch restaurant on the Fri afternoon.

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Glad to hear you got it sold. Guessing that means it's GOTG time for you!

It is not, sadly. I didn't get anywhere near what the game is worth, and a large portion of the money is going to non-pinball expenses, which means my odds of ever owning another NIB game in the forseeable future are zero. I'm getting a game at TPF though, that I've been wanting for several years, so it's not all terrible.

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Should be an energetic bunch of Pinsiders at the Pinside Meet and Greet TPF kick-off party at the Wild pitch restaurant on the Fri afternoon.

JJ hasnt finalized this yet so I wouldnt state it as fact just yet

#815 6 years ago

I would love to go to the meet and greet if I can get the info on it.
Do we get badges?

#816 6 years ago

I think its time to post a list of must see or do for us newbies that havent attended before.

Where is the best place to pig out for dinner? or lunch?

What bar to go to? etc...

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would love to go to the meet and greet if I can get the info on it.
Do we get badges?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-meet-and-greet-tpf

JJ usually makes a badge thread as well.

#819 6 years ago

Im having difficulty trying to buy weekend passes on the TPF website.
It wont continue to any payment options? No credit card button appears, paypal link is broken.

How do I pay?

#820 6 years ago

It wont continue to any payment options? No credit card button appears, paypal link is broken.
How do I pay?

they should run the site on http://www.ClearGem.com

#821 6 years ago

28 days until TPF 2018 !!!!!!

28-oh-yeah-1.jpg28-oh-yeah-1.jpg

#822 6 years ago

How do I pay?

Looking into it. Stand by...

#823 6 years ago

booking now!

#824 6 years ago

I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but is there any info on the classics tournament?
I heard there was going to be classics on a podcast, but can't find any info on the website.

thanks!

#825 6 years ago

#TPF2018 Texas Wizards Tournament Games Announced!

Once again, the pinball community from across Texas, along with collectors from Oklahoma and Missouri, are contributing a fantastic group of machines that will be played in the TPF Wizards and Classics tourneys (tentative and subject to change):

1975 Gottlieb "300"
1975 Bally "Aladdin's Castle"
1984 Game Plan "Attila the Hun"
1975 Bally "Bow & Arrow"
1981 Bally "Eight Ball Deluxe"
1981 Bally "Elektra"
1993 Williams "Indiana Jones"
2013 Stern "Metallica" (LE)
1979 Bally "Paragon"
1977 Gottlieb "Solar City"
1979 Gottlieb "Solar Ride"
1976 Williams "Space Mission"
1995 Gottlieb "Stargate"
1978 Stern "Stars"
1977 Stern Stingray
1963 Gottlieb "Sweet Hearts"
1985 Premier "Tag-Team"
2014 Stern "The Walking Dead" (Premium)
2017 Spooky "Total Nuclear Annihilation"
1980 Bally "Viking"

Kid's Tournament games: TBD

Complete tournament info can be found here: http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but is there any info on the classics tournament?
I heard there was going to be classics on a podcast, but can't find any info on the website.
thanks!

We’ll have Classic tourney info up shortly. I thought it was already on our tourney page. I see it is not.

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Once again, the pinball community from across Texas, along with collectors from Oklahoma and Missouri, are contributing a fantastic group of machines that will be played in the TPF Wizards and Classics tourneys (tentative and subject to change):
1975 Gottlieb "300"
1975 Bally "Bow & Arrow"
1981 Bally "Elektra"
1979 Bally "Paragon"
1995 Gottlieb "Stargate"
1978 Stern "Stars"
1977 Stern Stingray
1985 Premier "Tag-Team"
1980 Bally "Viking"
Complete tournament info can be found here: http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/

Great! I mean Great tourney lineup!!!

#828 6 years ago

sweet, thanks for posting!

Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

We’ll have Classic tourney info up shortly. I thought it was already on our tourney page. I see it is not.

didnt know there was a classics, do we need to pre register for that too?

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

1975 Gottlieb "300"
1975 Bally "Bow & Arrow"
1981 Bally "Elektra"
1979 Bally "Paragon"
1995 Gottlieb "Stargate"
1978 Stern "Stars"
1977 Stern Stingray
1985 Premier "Tag-Team"
1980 Bally "Viking"

That is a great variety of pins should really test the skills of classic players. I believe Sweethearts is the last Wedgehead with a gobble hole

#830 6 years ago

I think its time to post a list of must see or do for us newbies that havent attended before.
Where is the best place to pig out for dinner? or lunch?
What bar to go to? etc...

We'll if you are staying at the Embassy.
The open bar happy hour for guests of the hotel nightly from 5-7pm is awesome.
This is probably one reason why the hotel sells out almost a year in advance.
Lots of people tend to hang out at the Hotel Bar either in the bar or on the outside patio for a Cigar.
If you enjoy Cigar's do not miss the BIG SMOKE, Friday night.

Another bar that many people attend several times over the course of the weekend is Wild Pitch across the street from the Embassy.
It's a Sports Bar/Restaurant.....BREASTaurant. Great views

For a more upscale dining experience Perry's is also across the street next to Wild Pitch.
4 Star Restaurant, their signature Perry's Pork Chop...is amazing. Go hungry. The thing is over 2" think. I barely put a dent in it.

69264c3774d8befc6167d8063d51750d--wild-pitch-sports-bars (resized).jpg69264c3774d8befc6167d8063d51750d--wild-pitch-sports-bars (resized).jpg

perrys (resized).jpgperrys (resized).jpg

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

sweet, thanks for posting!

didnt know there was a classics, do we need to pre register for that too?

I don’t believe so. We’ll have info up ASAP

#832 6 years ago

Wow this is amazing I learned a new term today Breastaraunt . That pork chop Is gimundous! Who else from the Northeast is going ? I saw a few names I recognized on the meet & greet signups thread.

#833 6 years ago

METLE is ready! Rebuilt flippers, rubbers, all new sleeves in everything, full pf strip for cleaning and waxing. About 10 hours of work but I want it perfect for the tournament.

20180215_123154 (resized).jpg20180215_123154 (resized).jpg

#834 6 years ago

For ANYONE who has not made it to a prior TPF...

It is going to blow you away.
First, the people are amazing. The people running the show, the awesome vendors & sponsors, amazing attendees and of course me
The absolute SIZE of the place filled to the brim with games & booths will just blow your mind. It literally takes all weekend to walk the floor & you'll wish the event was a few days longer just so you had more time to play more amazing games you just don't see very often.
Food trucks, the tournament run by a bunch of super-heros, awesome speakers & game announcements, & the world's best variety of parts & mods.
I even bought real gold trim, lockbar, legs & bolts there one year.
Big Smoke cigar session with a bunch of trouble makers.
Then there's all the fun not even listed on the website... don't even get me started.

You're going to love it !!
If you haven't bought tickets yet, please please please... buy them now... don't miss this amazing event.
You absolutely will not believe how much pure non-stop friendly fun you're going to have.
Don't tell my 'ol lady, but this is the absolute best weekend of the year for me, every single year, ...and it just keeps getting better.

This is your 1 MUST-GO-SHOW.

#835 6 years ago

Still looking for someone attending to transport a play field and possibly a bingo machine back to Corpus Christi or San Antonio after the show. Maybe even Houston or Austin? Just trying to get it within a days round trip distance. Will give labor assistance and gas money.

Shawn

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

For ANYONE who has not made it to a prior TPF...
This is your 1 MUST-GO-SHOW.

Cool,.. That 8,500 mile trip from Brisbane to Dallas just suddenly started feeling a lot more exciting,.. for us the adventure kicks off March 10th as we make our way there from Australia, and spend a few days in San Francisco,... got the bad news on Tony Roma’s,... just don’t tell me Dickey’s Barbeque is gone as well,.. I want to get more cups.

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Still looking for someone attending to transport a play field and possibly a bingo machine back to Corpus Christi or San Antonio after the show. Maybe even Houston or Austin? Just trying to get it within a days round trip distance. Will give labor assistance and gas money.
Shawn

Will the Bingo game be in the show. Reason I ask is I'm not sure if I will be there till the end on Sunday....that will depend if I buy something myself. I could maybe help out to get it to Austin....Ill also be heading to Galveston on Memorial day weekend if that helps.

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Cool,.. That 8,500 mile trip from Brisbane to Dallas just suddenly started feeling a lot more exciting,.. for us the adventure kicks off March 10th as we make our way there from Australia, and spend a few days in San Francisco,... got the bad news on Tony Roma’s,... just don’t tell me Dickey’s Barbeque is gone as well,.. I want to get more cups.

Not to worry....there are Dickey's BBQ's all over town.

Unfortunately the one 1 mile from my home closed last month. Great food, it was just never busy in there. I think the high rent in the shopping center forced them to close the Forney, Tx location.

#839 6 years ago

It will not be in the show. It's the guts for the acrylic bingo I am building that will appear at TPF 2019 alongside the acrylic pinball. Austin is probably an 8 hour round trip for me. I'll take it if nothing closer crops up! The 130 bypass makes that a somewhat pleasant trip.

Shawn

#840 6 years ago

The Nitro Ground Shaker full restoration presses on, under the gun to get it running by showtime. Full cabinet repaint, new CPR playfield, plastics and backglass, many other new parts and all metal polished to the 9’s.
Run the track March 16th!

932F65FC-5032-4271-8220-3AA145F11E6A (resized).jpeg932F65FC-5032-4271-8220-3AA145F11E6A (resized).jpeg

2A7CF08E-9ED5-4049-A92C-C4BB3010FF2C (resized).jpeg2A7CF08E-9ED5-4049-A92C-C4BB3010FF2C (resized).jpeg

45C4AA7D-BB3C-4CBC-BFCD-05FF376D8250 (resized).jpeg45C4AA7D-BB3C-4CBC-BFCD-05FF376D8250 (resized).jpeg

C7790398-1533-40E4-B816-160762E77B80 (resized).jpegC7790398-1533-40E4-B816-160762E77B80 (resized).jpeg

04685005-0DC7-4CDE-AB12-7BC10053AAFA (resized).jpeg04685005-0DC7-4CDE-AB12-7BC10053AAFA (resized).jpeg

94A0B45E-96D1-4C6C-BFC7-83B95C5F6704 (resized).jpeg94A0B45E-96D1-4C6C-BFC7-83B95C5F6704 (resized).jpeg

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

amen to that we're flying in from the UK and I can't wait!

#842 6 years ago

The lines at last years TPF where pretty nuts on Saturday. Do we think it will be just as bad or worse this year? Any relief with more space and/or more games?

#843 6 years ago

See you in 2019 (sigh).

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The lines at last years TPF where pretty nuts on Saturday. Do we think it will be just as bad or worse this year? Any relief with more space and/or more games?

Probably the same or worse (as the show keeps getting more popular). I actually use the peak hours to seek out some of the less popular titles. Generally no lines, which is a plus, and I've found some pretty fun games that way that I would have never played on purpose if things were slower.

IMHO, Sat afternoon is NOT the time to play the new modern games at MARCO, FUN, CT, etc as it's not uncommon to have 10-15 people waiting. I just don't find any games worth waiting 45mins+ for. I save those games for Sunday as that's the slower day.

#845 6 years ago

What are the odds of getting in the tournament if you put in for the waitlist a month ago?

#846 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Probably the same or worse (as the show keeps getting more popular). I actually use the peak hours to seek out some of the less popular titles. Generally no lines, which is a plus, and I've found some pretty fun games that way that I would have never played on purpose if things were slower.

IMHO, Sat afternoon is NOT the time to play the new modern games at MARCO, FUN, CT, etc as it's not uncommon to have 10-15 people waiting. I just don't find any games worth waiting 45mins+ for. I save those games for Sunday as that's the slower day.

You can always visit the vendors as a break from waiting in lines - we don't leave the booths often so we appreciate those who stop to converse as they walk by. In my case, don't forget supporting My Kickstarter at the $5 level has a TPF tie-in! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051 . And, if you are coming from outside the US, buying at the show can save a ton in shipping thanks to the new postage rates/rules that started in January.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#847 6 years ago

What's better than getting an almost new game for a deep discount?
Not having to pay Texas sales tax on it either.

I'm making a last minute push here to sell a few more Stern Pinball Machines to be used as DEMO games during the Texas Pinball Festival. This is a great way to get a deep discount on an almost brand new pinball machine.

With the Texas Pinball Festival around the corner, FUN! Billiards & Gameroom Superstore is working in conjunction with Marco Specialties and Stern Pinball, Inc. to offer this ONE TIME Show Demo Pricing on several new Stern Pinball Machines. Our goal is to have as many new Stern Pinball Machines as possible on the showroom floor for people to play throughout the weekend at the upcoming Texas Pinball Festival.
TERMS OF PRE-ORDER:
- Machine will need to be pre-ordered and paid for in advance of the Texas Pinball Festival. Order cutoff is 02/23/18. Don't wait until the last minute as some titles may sell out before the order cut-off.
- Pre-Purchased Pinball Machines will be shipped directly to the Texas Pinball Festival. No inbound freight charges!
- All Demo Games are to be displayed and set to free play within the Marco Specialties/FUN! Booth throughout the duration of the Texas Pinball Festival.
- Buyers will be responsible for setting up their game Thursday night. Buyer participating are invited to our "Open Box Party" Thursday night during setup at the Texas Pinball Festival. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
- Payment by credit card available please add 3%
- At the conclusion of the Texas Pinball Festival, Sunday March 18th at 2:30 p.m. buyer will be responsible for the removal of their pinball machine from the The Texas Pinball Festival. If this is not possible, we can assist with delivery/shipping if necessary at buyers expense.
- All machines will include 60 Day Factory parts warranty.
The following titles are available:
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Guardians of the Galaxy Premium
Star Wars Pro
Star Wars Premium
Ghostbusters Pro
Ghostbusters Premium
Metallica Pro
Batman 66' Premium
Aerosmith Pro (only a few units remaining, production DONE)
Aerosmith Premium (only a few units remaning! Production DONE)
AC/DC "Luci" Premium (only a few units remaining, production DONE)

Each purchased machine will grant the buyer (1) Weekend Exhibitor Pass into the Texas Pinball Festival, which will also grant you admission into the Texas Pinball Festival after party Saturday night. The only way to attend is if you are a vendor or exhibitor.

Prices will never be offered this low again, and will not be available at these prices during or after the Texas Pinball Festival. This is a pre-show Demo Game sale ONLY.

Please contact Craig @ 972-686-7808 for pricing if SERIOUSLY interested. No tire kicking please.

#848 6 years ago

Where to get the best juiciest texas sized steak near by the hotel?

#849 6 years ago

Texas Roadhouse has awesome steaks.
There are several of them in the metroplex.

Closest one to TPF.

Texas Roadhouse
4125 Preston Rd, Frisco, TX 75034
(972) 625-6600

crop-to-aspect,1 (resized).jpgcrop-to-aspect,1 (resized).jpg

2619-texas-roadhouse-0512-2 (resized).jpg2619-texas-roadhouse-0512-2 (resized).jpg

texas-roadhouse (resized).jpgtexas-roadhouse (resized).jpg

texasroadhouse (resized).pngtexasroadhouse (resized).png

#850 6 years ago

right across the street at the upscale steakhouse Perrys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.