IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 35.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

45 hour round trip for me. Am I crazy for thinking about this?

No and to offset your fuel cost possible trans back to PA for gas money . Not sure what kind of vehicle you got but it may be an option for you. Even better is delivery to TPF, double dip .

#702 6 years ago

Need help o. hotel reservations...anyone not able to go and has to cancels their be willing to let us take their spot....i guess group rates are closed.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Need help o. hotel reservations...anyone not able to go and has to cancels their be willing to let us take their spot....i guess group rates are closed.

Have you tried Hyatt House? It's free parking, breakfast, and technically closer to the front door of the game floor than the actual host hotel.

#704 6 years ago

I hope I get sent this year. See the next remake and what ever the Circus Maximus group exhibits. And Spooky.

LTG : )

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Having to go somewhere else during the TPF.
I have a room booked at Embassy Suites.
Anyone wants to take over my room let me know and we can transfer it to you.
$316.40 for Friday and Saturday checking out Sunday.

I could use it....please PM me....thanks

#706 6 years ago

Looks like I’m road trippin’ to Dallas! Wife is flying in on the Friday night and we’re Route 66’n it back to Lost Angeles after the show.

It’s gonna be a party, right?

#707 6 years ago

Quoted from MrArt2u:It’s gonna be a party, right?

This I can guarantee.

#708 6 years ago

PartyKing has credibility in this regard.
I'm pretty sure he Director of Partying at TPF-2018.

#709 6 years ago

coming over from the UK with my wife

#710 6 years ago

40 days until TPF 2018 !!

Make this the year you come and meet Labnip & buy one of his famous $20 photos + personalized autograph at the Labnip Booth.
For an additional $10, Labnip will even sign your 2018 TPF custom translite. Look out ebay high prices !!

labnip-booth-1.jpglabnip-booth-1.jpg

#711 6 years ago

Hotel has been reserved since April 4th 2017. Finally gave up waiting to see if work will give me off. Booked an after work flight Friday, will return home after bedtime Sunday, will sleepwalk through work Monday. I can’t wait!! We are bringing one kid along, hopefully she’ll leave the room and come down to the games a time or two.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

40 days until TPF 2018 !!
Make this the year you come and meet Labnip & buy one of his famous $20 photos + personalized autograph at the Labnip Booth.
For an additional $10, Labnip will even sign your 2018 TPF custom translite. Look out ebay high prices !!

this is my main reason for coming to TPF. Can I buy an LE ticket?

#713 6 years ago

Did everyone see I incorporated TPF into one of the rewards on my Kickstarter campaign? It's the cheapest of the rewards...

-Rob
-check out my Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The LE's are sold out already, but there's a few SLE's left.
If interested, please submit a 3 minute video on why you should be selected to buy an SLE ticket
note: v1 code for the SLE ticket will not be available for over 1 year after you purchased & attend.

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I heard he was going to have a kissing booth mixed in around the Tex-Mex food truck area this year.

#716 6 years ago

Possibly arriving in Texas on a Thursday. Any suggestions for things to do on a Thursday night in Dallas? Doesn't have to be pinball related!

#717 6 years ago

So much to do in Dallas. Breweries. Museums. Daily Plaza. Drive to Fort Worth and see where the West began.

Go see some bands in deep ellum or at gas monkey

Just eat bbq. Lol

All depends what you like

-Jeff

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Possibly arriving in Texas on a Thursday. Any suggestions for things to do on a Thursday night in Dallas? Doesn't have to be pinball related!

Don't forget the Grassy Knoll!

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

This I can guarantee.

Are you getting in on Thursday or Friday? We land around 4pm on Thursday.

#720 6 years ago

I may have missed it but is Pinside hosting another meet and greet this year?

#721 6 years ago

All the cool kids will be wandering around the show area checking out the new machines until about 4:45 when there will be a mad rush to the breakfast area for the free beer and camaraderie of pinball friends old and new. See you there!

Shawn

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

All the cool kids will be wandering around the show area checking out the new machines until about 4:45 when there will be a mad rush to the breakfast area for the free beer and camaraderie of pinball friends old and new. See you there!
Shawn

So true...

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Shawn

Yep! Good times.

happyhour1 (resized).jpghappyhour1 (resized).jpg

happyhour2 (resized).jpghappyhour2 (resized).jpg

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

SUPER SWEET DEALS ON TPF DEMO GAMES!!!!
With the Texas Pinball Festival around the corner, FUN! Billiards & Gameroom Superstore is working in conjunction with Marco Specialties and Stern Pinball, Inc. to offer this ONE TIME Show Demo Pricing on several new Stern Pinball Machines. Our goal is to have as many new Stern Pinball Machines as possible on the showroom floor for people to play throughout the weekend at the upcoming Texas Pinball Festival.
TERMS OF PRE-ORDER:
- Machine will need to be pre-ordered and paid for in advance of the Texas Pinball Festival. Order cutoff is 02/23/18. Don't wait until the last minute as some titles may sell out before the order cut-off.
- Pre-Purchased Pinball Machines will be shipped to the Texas Pinball Festival
- All Demo Games are to be displayed and set to free play within the Marco Specialties/FUN! Booth throughout the duration of the Texas Pinball Festival.
- Buyers will be responsible for setting up their game Thursday night. Buyers participating are invited to our "Open Box Party" Thursday night during setup at the Texas Pinball Festival. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
- Payment by credit card available please add 3%
- At the conclusion of the Texas Pinball Festival, Sunday March 18th at 2:30 p.m. buyer will be responsible for the removal of their pinball machine from the The Texas Pinball Festival. If this is not possible, we can assist with delivery/shipping if necessary at buyers expense.
- All machines will include 60 Day Factory parts warranty.
The following titles are available:
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Guardians of the Galaxy Premium
Star Wars Pro
Star Wars Premium
Ghostbusters Pro
Ghostbusters Premium
Metallica Pro
Batman 66' Premium
Aerosmith Pro
Aerosmith Premium
AC/DC (Premium) Vault Edition
Each purchased machine will grant the buyer (1) Weekend Exhibitor Pass into the Texas Pinball Festival as well as access to the Exhibitor After Party Saturday Night.
Prices will never be offered this low again, and will not be available at these prices during or after the Texas Pinball Festival. This is a pre-show Demo Game sale ONLY.
Please PM for pricing with your phone number if SERIOUSLY interested. No tire kicking please.

BUMP.
Still taking pre-orders.
Great deal on demo games if anyone is in the market.

#725 6 years ago

BUMP.
Still taking pre-orders.
Great deal on demo games if anyone is in the market.

Bump for craig and great deals.

I would also like to remind people in the market for jjp games, that I will have demo woz 75, hobbit black arrow and dialed in limited edition. They will be removed from the box on friday for set up. Free delivery to the show, you take the game home Sunday after the show and I give you a great price to let me use it for the show. I will also have nib games available for purchase. Let me know. Some are already spoken for.

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Having to go somewhere else during the TPF.
I have a room booked at Embassy Suites.
Anyone wants to take over my room let me know and we can transfer it to you.
$316.40 for Friday and Saturday checking out Sunday.

Ill take over the room. Pm me please

#727 6 years ago

Sorry if this sounds lame, but it has been a looooong time since I was in Dallas (20 years ish)
What’s the charge on the Dallas North tollway these days, do they still have booths for cash and is it exact change? Flying in from Aus I need to make sure I have the cash for the toll charge payments ,... Avis wants to sting me rotten if I go thru electronic payment toll booths,..

I hope Tony Romas is still on the corner at Beltline,.. pinball and then some ribs,.. oh yeah!!

#728 6 years ago

No more toll booths. It reads the license plate and sends you a bill. It may even be an option in the car rental.
Welcome back!

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

No more toll booths. It reads the license plate and sends you a bill. It may even be an option in the car rental.
Welcome back!

Hmmm,.. sounds like Avis may have me sown up then.
Thx for the welcome back and update,... really looking forward to seeing how Dallas looks after such a long time.
TPF being in North Dallas means at least I won’t get lost,..

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Bump for craig and great deals.
I would also like to remind people in the market for jjp games, that I will have demo woz 75, hobbit black arrow and dialed in limited edition. They will be removed from the box on friday for set up. Free delivery to the show, you take the game home Sunday after the show and I give you a great price to let me use it for the show. I will also have nib games available for purchase. Let me know. Some are already spoken for.

You will for sure see me cause Im looking for another JJP game. Already have WOZ but I like all the others too.Just been shopping around till I find what I want.

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from davin72:

You will for sure see me cause Im looking for another JJP game. Already have WOZ but I like all the others too.Just been shopping around till I find what I want.

Great, let me know how i can help you.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from davin72:

KingPin is by far the best customer support IMHO.

Great prices, deals for vets, supports pinball and gives back with it. He is just all around a great guy to do business with IME.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

KingPin is by far the best customer support IMHO.
Great prices, deals for vets, supports pinball and gives back with it. He is just all around a great guy to do business with IME.

Yeah Im pretty sure I met him last year. Seemed like a great guy. Plus he's going to have some games there I'm looking for so that helps too.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Sorry if this sounds lame, but it has been a looooong time since I was in Dallas (20 years ish)
What’s the charge on the Dallas North tollway these days, do they still have booths for cash and is it exact change? Flying in from Aus I need to make sure I have the cash for the toll charge payments ,... Avis wants to sting me rotten if I go thru electronic payment toll booths,..
I hope Tony Romas is still on the corner at Beltline,.. pinball and then some ribs,.. oh yeah!!

Unfortunately no more Tony Roma's in the DFW Area.
The only one I still know in existence is on Fremont Street in Las Vegas.

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from davin72:

Yeah Im pretty sure I met him last year. Seemed like a great guy. Plus he's going to have some games there I'm looking for so that helps too.

just a heads up that you may want to work something out in advance. I know he sometimes sells out of everything he is bringing to the show in advance. Often you save on shipping by grabbing the show game and honestly I really like buying show games as you sometimes get a discount PLUS it gets tunes up during the show by a great tech (he always makes fine tune adjustments as the game gets played)

One of the reasons I like bringing games to shows also... It knocks the cobwebs loose.

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just a heads up that you may want to work something out in advance. I know he sometimes sells out of everything he is bringing to the show in advance. Often you save on shipping by grabbing the show game and honestly I really like buying show games as you sometimes get a discount PLUS it gets tunes up during the show by a great tech (he always makes fine tune adjustments as the game gets played)
One of the reasons I like bringing games to shows also... It knocks the cobwebs loose.

Yeah I probably need to get with him to see what he has and the prices. At least Ill know how much cash to bring with me.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bring WOOLY, that would kick some major butt to have one at the TPF show.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bring WOOLY, that would kick some major butt to have one at the TPF show.

sorry, not going to happen for me.

Scott and Frank are the ones to ask to bring a game to TPF.

I dont represent the game so not really appropriate for me to be bringing a game as I cant properly field questions. I was just fortunate enough to be part of the special build to show the proof of concept worked like it should. Still pretty damn amazing that a couple of guys can assemble a handful of games in a long week. Still one of my favorite experiences period.

#739 6 years ago

We are making last minute plans and I can’t decide between the Embassy and Hyatt House. It seems like Hyatt House is the way to go because it’s “closer to the show floor”, has free breakfast and free parking? Are there any benefits to staying at the Embassy? Thank you in advance!

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeForNostalgia:

We are making last minute plans and I can’t decide between the Embassy and Hyatt House. It seems like Hyatt House is the way to go because it’s “closer to the show floor”, has free breakfast and free parking? Are there any benefits to staying at the Embassy? Thank you in advance!

Both are sold out. May want to call Hilton garden inn

#741 6 years ago

Unfortunately no more Tony Roma's in the DFW Area.
The only one I still know in existence is on Fremont Street in Las Vegas.

Nooooooooo!!! Oh,.. hang on, Las Vegas is next after Dallas for us,.. looks like we may just have to wait a few more days.
Pinball museum and then some ribs!!

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Both are sold out. May want to call Hilton garden inn

Both are still available when booking through Priceline.

#743 6 years ago

Out of staters, before the action begins on Friday, try the porkchop for lunch at Perry's, across the street from the Exhibit Hall. It is $14.95 from 11:00A to 4:00P on Friday.

For carnivores only...

(Delete this post if it is out of line. Just trying to add to the trip experience.)

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeForNostalgia:

Both are still available when booking through Priceline.

I called the front desk and they told me that they are overbooked and will have to turn people away

#745 6 years ago

I just booked at the Aloft Frisco, .6 miles away, says 12 min walk. 133 a night after taxes/fees. seemed the best deal on a place with rooms still available in walking distance.

#746 6 years ago

Anyone driving back to Chicago that wants to make some cash doing a pin run?

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I just booked at the Aloft Frisco, .6 miles away, says 12 min walk. 133 a night after taxes/fees. seemed the best deal on a place with rooms still available in walking distance.

That’s where we booked too. I figure we could use the 12 minute walk after all that Texas beer n bbq I intend to enjoy.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

I called the front desk and they told me that they are overbooked and will have to turn people away

People will be going bonkers if a reservation they had for nine months get cancelled due to over booking. Hopefully they get it figured out.

#749 6 years ago

Wasn't there an overbooking fiasco last year?

Also, do we need to not park overnight at the outer edges of the huge mall parking lot this year? Last year I got a warning ticket on my windshield. Glad they didn't tow me.

#750 6 years ago

The difference between the North Tightly Wound folks and the Southern generally More Layed Back people: Check out the Allentown thread people are going batsh1t over hotel posts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 37.50
$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/15?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.