IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 35.
#651 6 years ago

Finally got wife approval to attend again this year after missing last year. Flying in from Australia on the Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday night DFW airport. Is there any car-pooling options available for a lift to the Embassy Suits? My flight arrives 1pm Friday and leave 9pm Sunday. Happy to share and costs.

#652 6 years ago

think I'm gonna have to book this week, never been. how does it compare to expo ?

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I'm looking forward to
Fleet
Army Navy
World's Series
Blue Ribbon
Airway
Jiggers jr
Jigsaw??
Http://facebook.com/prewarpinball
-Jeff

It's all pre-war pins these days.

#654 6 years ago

Approx 134 pinball machines and 15 arcades are now on the TPF-2018 games list, so the list is slowly/steady growing.

I usually bring one pin to put in the ArkLaTex Pinball Club section.
I haven't signed up yet, but I see that Nevus has already signed up to bring his C-37 Gottlieb wedgehead as a pin for ArkLaTex Pinball Club.
Any other Louisiana (or Arkansas) pinballers gonna bring a pinball machine or two this year for the free-play area?

Here's a few pics from TPF-2017 to hype things up a bit.
2017-TBL-TPF (resized).jpg2017-TBL-TPF (resized).jpg
AG&C_head_to_head_pinball_football (resized).jpgAG&C_head_to_head_pinball_football (resized).jpg
Bally_e-m's-Xerico-TPF2017 (resized).jpgBally_e-m's-Xerico-TPF2017 (resized).jpg

#655 6 years ago

49 days 'till TPF 2018 !!
Come and get your jam on !!

guitar-pinball-1.jpgguitar-pinball-1.jpg

#656 6 years ago

All booked and ready to go

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Impressive. We are now up to 72 Pinsiders that have marked that they are planning to attend TPF-2018 in March.
Let's get 3 more to hit 75.
https://pinside.com/pinball/events/2018-texas-pinball-festival-2018
I doubt that we get it up to 100 Pinsiders, but maybe.

There will be way more than 100 pinsiders at TPF.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

There will be way more than 100 pinsiders at TPF

He means 100 Pinsiders that check the box as attending. This will help us know who needs avatar badges and who will show up for the Pinside social (assuming we do one this year) and what not for the show.

#659 6 years ago

45 hour round trip for me. Am I crazy for thinking about this?

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Not at all! If you’ve never made it to TPF it is an amazing show and absolutely worth it (of course, it’s 15 hours round trip for me...if I were at 45 hour mark I’d fly in on Spirit Air, which goes into Dallas, or something).

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Can you fly southwest out of PA? That is a crazy long drive

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

A round trip ticket out of Philly is $300 on American, you are crazy to think about driving.

#663 6 years ago

I've flown before but several years ago I decided it's not for me anymore. Driving would be my only option. Crazy or not I'm definitely thinking about it.

#664 6 years ago

I understand about flying. My sister will no longer fly since 9/11 & the whole TSA thing. She drives to Detroit from San Diego.

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Driving would be my only option. Crazy or not I'm definitely thinking about it.

Could Amtrak get you there?

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets, the Pinball Pyramid, or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#666 6 years ago

47 days 'till TPF 2018 !!

many-19 (resized).jpgmany-19 (resized).jpg

#667 6 years ago

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.09.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.09.54 PM.png

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thats sounds fine. I have a 21 hour flight each way to attend. Arrive Friday, leave Sunday - now that's crazy, but it's worth it.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I've flown before but several years ago I decided it's not for me anymore. Driving would be my only option. Crazy or not I'm definitely thinking about it.

Not crazy at all . Plus if you are driving and have a vehicle that fits a pin you have the option to bring a pin with if you so desire .

#670 6 years ago

Travelling Brisbane to Auckland to San Francisco and then on to Dallas for TPF 2018 with my wife... first time at TPF and looking forward to it soooo much (we have the countdown going as well ) ... if you see a guy with Pinbot tee shirt and an Aussie accent,.. then guess who,.. Ill be there for Barry Ourslers’ talk for sure and to find out what this next CGC remake will be !!

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Travelling Brisbane to Auckland to San Francisco and then on to Dallas for TPF 2018 with my wife... first time at TPF and looking forward to it soooo much (we have the countdown going as well ) ... if you see a guy with Pinbot tee shirt and an Aussie accent,.. then guess who,.. Ill be there for Barry Ourslers’ talk for sure and to find out what this next CGC remake will be !!

Lots of aussies coming! At least 6 that I know of

#672 6 years ago

45 days to TPF !!

pacman-collector-1.jpgpacman-collector-1.jpg

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

plane tickets booked finally (had to wait for the window when prices are more reasonable).
Really looking forward to some good times at TPF.
Probably most excited to see the next Spooky game, followed by seeing the next CGC remake (depending on what it is, we may think about putting one on route?)
Wish I was closer so I could drive and bring a game (may still see if KP has room to transport a game there and back so I can share).
We arrive Wednesday night so if anyone needs help with stuff on Thursday then let me know. I always like lending a hand.

How soon can we expect your insight, tips and suggestions on how the tournament & show can be run better? Will it be similar to what you did at Replay FX? Within nine hours of the tournament starting IIRC.

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

45 days to TPF !!

These # of days until TPF posts always light a fire under my ass. We've got so much we want to finish to show off before we get there.

I may be a zombie due to lack of sleep, but we will be there!

Paul

#675 6 years ago

Here is where I stand on our Nitro GroundShaker restoration. About to start on the CPR playfield swap out.

So much to do...so little time.

31FABCA1-3B24-42C7-A526-CB3CFC71D0A0 (resized).jpeg31FABCA1-3B24-42C7-A526-CB3CFC71D0A0 (resized).jpeg

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Here is where I stand on our Nitro GroundShaker restoration. About to start on the CPR playfield swap out.
So much to do...so little time.

That thing looks amazing. Are you going to have this over in your booth or somewhere else. I really want to see this thing when its done.

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from davin72:

That thing looks amazing. Are you going to have this over in your booth or somewhere else. I really want to see this thing when its done.

The plan is to have it in our booth so that I can keep an eye on it along our other machines.

#678 6 years ago

SUPER SWEET DEALS ON TPF DEMO GAMES!!!!

With the Texas Pinball Festival around the corner, FUN! Billiards & Gameroom Superstore is working in conjunction with Marco Specialties and Stern Pinball, Inc. to offer this ONE TIME Show Demo Pricing on several new Stern Pinball Machines. Our goal is to have as many new Stern Pinball Machines as possible on the showroom floor for people to play throughout the weekend at the upcoming Texas Pinball Festival.
TERMS OF PRE-ORDER:
- Machine will need to be pre-ordered and paid for in advance of the Texas Pinball Festival. Order cutoff is 02/23/18. Don't wait until the last minute as some titles may sell out before the order cut-off.
- Pre-Purchased Pinball Machines will be shipped to the Texas Pinball Festival
- All Demo Games are to be displayed and set to free play within the Marco Specialties/FUN! Booth throughout the duration of the Texas Pinball Festival.
- Buyers will be responsible for setting up their game Thursday night. Buyers participating are invited to our "Open Box Party" Thursday night during setup at the Texas Pinball Festival. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
- Payment by credit card available please add 3%
- At the conclusion of the Texas Pinball Festival, Sunday March 18th at 2:30 p.m. buyer will be responsible for the removal of their pinball machine from the The Texas Pinball Festival. If this is not possible, we can assist with delivery/shipping if necessary at buyers expense.
- All machines will include 60 Day Factory parts warranty.
The following titles are available:
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Guardians of the Galaxy Premium
Star Wars Pro
Star Wars Premium
Ghostbusters Pro
Ghostbusters Premium
Metallica Pro
Batman 66' Premium
Aerosmith Pro
Aerosmith Premium
AC/DC (Premium) Vault Edition

Each purchased machine will grant the buyer (1) Weekend Exhibitor Pass into the Texas Pinball Festival as well as access to the Exhibitor After Party Saturday Night.

Prices will never be offered this low again, and will not be available at these prices during or after the Texas Pinball Festival. This is a pre-show Demo Game sale ONLY.

Please PM for pricing with your phone number if SERIOUSLY interested. No tire kicking please.

#679 6 years ago

Having to go somewhere else during the TPF.
I have a room booked at Embassy Suites.
Anyone wants to take over my room let me know and we can transfer it to you.
$316.40 for Friday and Saturday checking out Sunday.

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Having to go somewhere else during the TPF....

giphy-facebook_s (resized).jpggiphy-facebook_s (resized).jpg

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

45 days to TPF !!

Only 44 more days to get this back in one piece...
And shop out my No Fear.

Back to work I go.

2018-01-26 21.23.06 (resized).jpg2018-01-26 21.23.06 (resized).jpg

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Anyone wants to take over my room let me know and we can transfer it to you.
$316.40 for Friday and Saturday checking out Sunday.

What type of room, 2 beds?
I have a room booked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night and now have to leave on Sunday. If someone needs the extra day we could do a two way swap.

#683 6 years ago

Is there anyone from the North driving down with a trailer ? I’m thinking I’ll find a game and have no way to get it home ( they’re strict on Overhead Luggage size on American Airlines. ) and part II is anyone driving to both TPF and Allentown. I know it’s a long shot but asking is FREE.

#684 6 years ago

In for first visit to TPF.

Wife unit looked at map and saw all of the shopping nearby so she's tagging along.

Not that they need an endorsement, but the hotel links on TFP's page saved me about $80 for 2 nights.

Can't wait!!! Would love to find a Six Million Dollar Man machine to play.

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Is there anyone from the North driving down with a trailer ? I’m thinking I’ll find a game and have no way to get it home ( they’re strict on Overhead Luggage size on American Airlines. ) and part II is anyone driving to both TPF and Allentown. I know it’s a long shot but asking is FREE.

I looked at the store locator about a month ago and think there is a Fastenal within 20 miles of Frisco. There is a Home depot near the mall, so you could rent their hourly truck to get a game to the Fastenal...

Or, check out tp post above (#659)- he may drive from PA.

-Rob
-check out my new Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#686 6 years ago

43 days (1.5 months) until TPF !!

ad-foodfight-1.jpgad-foodfight-1.jpg

#687 6 years ago

is anyone driving to both TPF and Allentown

Flying to TPF, but I will be driving to Allentown.

#688 6 years ago

Genuine “Kosmic Khaos” Pinball translites are available NOW! We printed a limited run of collectible #TPF2018 original show theme translites. Why? Why not?! Get yours here:

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/#!/Kosmic-Khaos-Translite/p/100463295/category=0

AA08B205-1FA8-49F1-8EE4-74B1C164EFAA (resized).jpegAA08B205-1FA8-49F1-8EE4-74B1C164EFAA (resized).jpeg

#689 6 years ago

Does ColorDMD usually have a booth selling their hardware?

#691 6 years ago

Hey Ed, I was wondering how the sizes are running on the 2018 TPF Camp shirts that you're selling this year. They look very nice and I was going to add one to my order. Are these camp shirts running about the same size as other shirts or are they a little larger than your average shirt? I have a couple camp style shirts that I wear in a medium due to their larger than average size. The TPF tee shirts and zipped jerseys I buy each year I buy in large and fit me perfectly.

#692 6 years ago

Thanks. I remember them doing that in the past for exhibitors. I was just wondering if they sold DMDs to the general public at the show, to allow them to avoid shipping costs. I guess they do not.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Hey Ed, I was wondering how the sizes are running on the 2018 TPF Camp shirts that you're selling this year. They look very nice and I was going to add one to my order. Are these camp shirts running about the same size as other shirts or are they a little larger than your average shirt? I have a couple camp style shirts that I wear in a medium due to their larger than average size. The TPF tee shirts and zipped jerseys I buy each year I buy in large and fit me perfectly.

They run a little large, but not so much that I’d go down a size. If you wear a large T-shirt, I’d order a large camp shirt. Just my opinion. I run a pinball show. I’m not a tailor

#694 6 years ago

I'm looking for a room if someone can't make it.

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

They run a little large, but not so much that I’d go down a size. If you wear a large T-shirt, I’d order a large camp shirt. Just my opinion. I run a pinball show. I’m not a tailor

Sounds good. I just wanted to check. They look so cool, I just would hate not being able to wear it Thanks.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ya'll are making me sad that I'm probably not going to be there at all, and I was totally cool with that... =(

Same here, though I suppose surprises can happen. Wouldn't be my first Cinderella story.

I'd really like to check out their pinball history exhibit.

#697 6 years ago

Excited for TPF

#698 6 years ago

I'm definitely driving to atown. Tossing around the idea of driving to Texas. Transporting a game for some gas money may help to nudge me more in that direction, especially if one needs to be delivered also. My other thought was Ohio is a lot lot lot closer....but is it tpf?? Thoughts?

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Tossing around the idea of driving to Texas. Transporting a game for some gas money may help to nudge me more in that direction, especially if one needs to be delivered also.

Go for Texas! If enough folks know you're driving I wouldn't be surprised if a transport opportunity pops up.

-Rob
-check out my new Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#700 6 years ago

Just booked my flights!

forgot about this thread, have the tournament games been announced yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/14?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.