IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 35.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like to voulenteer to help set up/tweak tournament games prior to event start.
I am yet to buy plane tickets, but would like to arrange this prior to purchase so if we need to come in a day early we can.
Who do I contact about this?

Probably Colin (Snailman)..I assume he's in charge of tournaments again this year. Hopefully all the games make it on time this year, as my Metallica won't be available to use as a last minute sub-in (I'm sure everyone will be pleased by this....including myself!).

#502 6 years ago

ok, was not sure if he was head TD or someone else? or if I should reach out to Ed to voulenteer?

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Probably Colin (Snailman)..I assume he's in charge of tournaments again this year. Hopefully all the games make it on time this year, as my Metallica won't be available to use as a last minute sub-in (I'm sure everyone will be pleased by this....including myself!).

Ken Kemp (Ken in Texas) is our Tournament Director and oversees the tournaments. Colin is one of our head volunteers and works his butt off (along with several others) helping Ken and making sure everything runs smoothly. Either of them should be able to assist with volunteering offers in the tourney area.

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Ken Kemp (Ken in Texas) is our Tournament Director and oversees the tournaments. Colin is one of our head volunteers and works his butt off (along with several others) helping Ken and making sure everything runs smoothly. Either of them should be able to assist with volunteering offers in the tourney area.

Thanks for the clarification. I can't ever keep this stuff straight.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Ken Kemp (Ken in Texas)

contact info or pinside name?

#506 6 years ago

I will be flying in from Connecticut for my very first TPF & Im stoked!! Hopefully I don't find a grail game

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I will be flying in from Connecticut for my very first TPF & Im stoked!! Hopefully I don't find a grail game

You are in for a treat. Enjoy! It gets better every year.

#508 6 years ago

My wife and I are flying in for our first TPF! Hotel booked! Can't wait to meet everyone and play all the games over the whole weekend!

#509 6 years ago

Just registered -- Can't wait!

I met a lot of great people at TPF 2017 and hope to again in 2018.

#510 6 years ago

Hey all - KAHR.US Circuits is returning... I booked my room and airfare this morning! I liked the Hyatt House last year but didn't like the price this year so I'm in the Hampton this year. Seems these hotels have a lot of rooms booked already - my guess is the prices will keep rising as supply shrinks.

Quoted from RetroToys:

I plan on bringing my Police Force Prototype from Virginia

Wow, RetroToys - carrying a machine with you from Virginia Beach is a HUGE undertaking... That's awesome!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Hey all - KAHR.US Circuits is returning... I booked my room and airfare this morning! I liked the Hyatt House last year but didn't like the price this year so I'm in the Hampton this year. Seems these hotels have a lot of rooms booked already - my guess is the prices will keep rising as supply shrinks.

Wow, retrotoys - carrying a machine with you from Virginia Beach is a HUGE undertaking... That's awesome!
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

Best we could find was the Hyatt house, $400 for three nights all in. Wanted to stay closer to the show this year, last year we stayed 5 miles away. For a few more dollars, felt it was better to be close and not have to drive.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Seems these hotels have a lot of rooms booked already - my guess is the prices will keep rising as supply shrinks.

The terrible thing is that the half the hotels weren't there a few years ago. Used to be a huge open field across the street that made the late night tromp back to your room a little shorter. Now I just take my lumps and stay at the venue hotel. I love Embassy Suites and it makes the whole experience funner. No walking, well, less walking, no driving, happy hour and the great breakfast buffet. My annual vacation. Well, 'til next year when I do the booth thing. Then it'll be a working vacation.

Shawn

#513 6 years ago

Regarding the poll, I think Friday through Sunday is fine but I think they should keep the play area open on Friday and Saturday till 2am instead of midnight. That would be really awesome.

#514 6 years ago

Being I didnt make expo....100% on this...closest, decent hotel available?

Apologies for the late request....stoked, as it will be my first time at TPF...

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

be close and not have to drive.

Wise move. I really liked the Hyatt house last year - you can't beat the walk and the breakfast was great. I got the Hampton inn this year for $113 per night... a little longer walk but still a walk.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

...closest, decent hotel available?

All the walking distance hotels are nice places. Go to hotels.com, search for Frisco, and sort by distance from Dr Pepper field. After I found my preference I booked refundable directly through the hotel website so I can add to any show room rates that get added.

-Rob

#517 6 years ago

You had me until you got to Brian ...

But I'll be there anyway.

#518 6 years ago

That announcement is what my buddy was waiting for. He is looking forward to ACNC and this seems to be the first chance to see/play it at this point.

1 week later
#520 6 years ago

Attention TPF 2018 Exhibitors! We will be giving away a Riot Pinball, LLC. "Dead Man's Hand" game to one lucky TPF Exhibitor, courtesy of VPCabs Virtual Pinball! Exhibitors will receive an exclusive raffle ticket for every qualifying game brought to TPF and set on free play! Get those games registered at:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/exhibitors-main/
But wait... there's more! VPCabs will also giveaway a "Dead Man's Hand" in a FREE tournament located in the VPCabs booth over the weekend!
Visit texaspinball.com for complete show information!

IMG_0475.PNGIMG_0475.PNG

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Attention TPF 2018 Exhibitors! We will be giving away a Riot Pinball, LLC. "Dead Man's Hand" game to one lucky TPF Exhibitor, courtesy of VPCabs Virtual Pinball! Exhibitors will receive an exclusive raffle ticket for every qualifying game brought to TPF and set on free play! Get those games registered at:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/exhibitors-main/
But wait... there's more! VPCabs will also giveaway a "Dead Man's Hand" in a FREE tournament located in the VPCabs booth over the weekend!
Visit texaspinball.com for complete show information!

Will there also be a full sized pinball machine (not virtual) for the raffle?

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Will there also be a full sized pinball machine (not virtual) for the raffle?

We have not chosen a game title for the charity raffle yet, but it will most likely be a new production pinball machine.

We do not yet know what other prizes we migt have for our Exhibitor raffle.

We are very appreciative of VPCaps for their generosity in 2017 and 2018.

#523 6 years ago

It's about time for someone to start the annual "maybe for sale thread' eh?

#524 6 years ago

it's a bit early, but we will be looking for a someone who is willing to donate a game or two to our booth for the show. We will mod the game(s) free. It would be on free play in our booth so that I believe would get you free access to the show. PM me if you are interested in getting free mods. We did Metallica at Allentown, Ghostbusters at Pintastic and Star Trek at York.

#525 6 years ago

Is there grub at the show or do People eat off site? Allentown has the farmers market and York has a great deli just 4 blocks north of gate 4. First time @ TPF but Nic recommended Hard Eight since I'm a BBQ guy.

#526 6 years ago

There are food trucks,hot or cold outside the door. Mostly good,variety,too. Only when the show is open.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Is there grub at the show or do People eat off site? Allentown has the farmers market and York has a great deli just 4 blocks north of gate 4. First time @ TPF but Nic recommended Hard Eight since I'm a BBQ guy.

There is a big mall right across the street, too, which has a lot of restaurants inside it and around it. And, if you are willing to drive a few miles, there are probably literally hundreds of restaurants in the general area.

I have heard great things about Hard Eight but didn't make it there last year. The parking lot was packed the few times I drove past it, though!

#528 6 years ago

Hey all - I've included video I shot at the 2017 TPF in my just-released Kickstarter campaign. Basically the last 1/3 of the video is from last year's show.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/pinball-pyramid?ref=1mbysz

BTW, I've already booked airfare and hotel for the 2018 show!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Texas Wizards Tournament entries go on sale November 1st.

do wizard tickets go on sale this morning still?

I set a reminder but dont see where to buy them yet. Just wanted to make sure I caught them at the time they go on sale.
Any idea what time I should check back?

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

do wizard tickets go on sale this morning still?
I set a reminder but dont see where to buy them yet

Glad I wasn't the only one. I'll keep looking throughout the day.

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Glad I wasn't the only one. I'll keep looking throughout the day.

thanks, please post up if you see them and I will do the same.

My wife really likes this tournament and I want to make sure we grab tickets since we are going to TPF

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks, please post up if you see them and I will do the same.
My wife really likes this tournament and I want to make sure we grab tickets since we are going to TPF

They just announced via Facebook that sales open tomorrow night (Nov. 2) at 7 PM central.

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Seraph:

They just announced via Facebook that sales open tomorrow night (Nov. 2) at 7 PM central.

thanks for the info.

Odd time for onsale. Fingers crossed I will be able to get them. I am guessing it will sell out quickly

#534 6 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival "Texas Wizards Tournament" entry tickets will go on sale tomorrow, November 2nd, at 7pm CDT! Only 160 spots. $70 per entry. Tell your friends! This is a IFPA - International Flipper Pinball Association and PAPA - Professional & Amateur Pinball Association event!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/texas-wizards-tournament/

IMG_0584.JPGIMG_0584.JPG

#535 6 years ago

Texas Wizards Tournament entries on sale now!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Wow, 116 available. Thus, 44 spots already have been purchased of the 160 total.

Hurry, Hurry! Step right up! Get your Texas Wizards Tournament Entry now before they're gone.
extra-extra (resized).pngextra-extra (resized).png

#537 6 years ago

Only 72 now. Going fast.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Is there a womens tournament this year?

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Texas Pinball Festival "Texas Wizards Tournament" entry tickets will go on sale tomorrow, November 2nd, at 7pm CDT! Only 160 spots. $70 per entry. Tell your friends! This is a IFPA - International Flipper Pinball Association and PAPA - Professional & Amateur Pinball Association event!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/texas-wizards-tournament/

This is one of my two favorite tourney pictures, as well as my favorite finals in a big tournament. Garrett tried to cheese me on ball 1 on Sopranos with the multiball exploit (which I'd already known about), and we had a good laugh over it. Turned out he didn't even remotely need to..wasn't even close to beating him, even though we both had decent games...his was much better. I'd never played Sopranos before that weekend! =)

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Only 72 now. Going fast

Looks like it is now sold out. Impressive for sure. Snooze and lose.

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is there a womens tournament this year?

Why in the hell would anyone downvote this? HIPPY ?

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Looks like it is now sold out. Impressive for sure. Snooze and lose.

A cool $11,200 in short order!!!

I gotta assume stuff like a quick sell out of a tournament months beforehand really helps a show out. Cool to see! Happy we got tickets!

#543 6 years ago

The show opened up vendor reservations over the weekend - I booked my space yesterday. Was hoping to be the first vendor to commit this year but three beat me to the punch... wow - wonder if vendor space will sell out as quickly as the tournament?

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit
-check out my Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/pinball-pyramid?ref=bcsjqr

#544 6 years ago

Don’t know anything about the downvote, purely an accident.

2 weeks later
#545 6 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Don’t know anything about the downvote, purely an accident.

If you click it again it will go away

#546 6 years ago

Looking at the list of Pinsiders that have responded that they are going to TPF-2018 I see we have 3 coming from the land down under.
That is awesome. Hope they have a kick-ass good time.

Perhaps we will get to meet them at a meet-n-greet event (usually held on the Fri evening at Wild Pitch Sports Bar & Grill across the street from the hotel).

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Can I get tickets to the womens tournament in advance?

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Looking at the list of Pinsiders that have responded that they are going to TPF-2018 I see we have 3 coming from the land down under.
That is awesome. Hope they have a kick-ass good time.
Perhaps we will get to meet them at a meet-n-greet event (usually held on the Fri evening at Wild Pitch Sports Bar & Grill across the street from the hotel).

I’m excited! I stopped showering last week to get ready.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

This is the funniest post for me this year! Thanks

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.00
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.