IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
IMG_0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_0842 (resized).JPG
20180331_150405.jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-32 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-12-29 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-03-31_15-11-18 (resized).jpg
There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 35.
#451 6 years ago

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

» YouTube video

How did he not tilt that machine?

#453 6 years ago

266 days till TPF.

banned-1 (resized).jpgbanned-1 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#454 6 years ago

Sneak Peak TPF2018 flyer! An original pinball space theme designed by a well known and popular pinball designer with spectacular art by Blake Dumesnil that we will unveil soon... er or later (how's that for a teaser?)

IMG_9616.JPGIMG_9616.JPG

#455 6 years ago

Same guy that did Domino's art? *scratch chin*

2 weeks later
#456 6 years ago

Presenting the TPF 2018 theme and shirt design! Art by Blake Dumesnil. "Kosmic Khaos" concept by Mark Ritchie (more on that to come).

Pre-Registration and full website update will open October 1st! Texas Wizards Tournament entries, an IFPA - International Flipper Pinball Association and PAPA - Professional & Amateur Pinball Association Circuit Event, will go on sale November 1st.

Get on our email list for show news and announcements!
http://www.texaspinball.com/

IMG_9767.JPGIMG_9767.JPG

#457 6 years ago

I really like the art!

#458 6 years ago

Can't wait for TPF! Ed and the other organizers do an amazing job every year. It's no wonder it's now considered the best pinball show.

#460 6 years ago

It's March 16-18, 2018 at the Embassy Suites in Frisco, TX.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

"Kosmic Khaos" concept by Mark Ritchie (more on that to come)

that seems a little too fleshed out to not be a game that will be announced at the show, or on display for the first time at the show. o_o

#464 6 years ago

She's done. I'm going to pick it up this weekend. It's been several years in the making and I finally decided to have Keith Holbrook do the restore for me (taken several months to get it all together) to make sure it came out right.

We put in everything I wanted. New cabinet, killer sound (custom speaker enclosure, amp, etc), the all white CPR playfield, chromed rails, coin door, etc, black chrome legs, full metallic paint with clear coat. I do have a NOS Backglass I'll put in when it gets to my place. This is the CPR mirrored in the photo.

It will be at TPF 2018 in Keith's booth. I want to show it off (and go for an award) and Keith wants to show off too. It's got a lot of custom work done to it and he really deserves the credit for sticking with me and getting it put together.

Ok. We're throwing down the gauntlet here.

Come see and play what we believe is the best Centaur in existence. If you have a better one bring it!

This isn't a stock boy, this is intended to be an over the top hot rod. Playing a game with Steve Ritchie on a Centaur three years ago at a TPF was the inspiration to do this and I've been working towards it ever since.

You never know what you'll see or who you'll see at TPF. However each one I have attended has inspired me in some way.

IMG_4027 (resized).JPGIMG_4027 (resized).JPG

#465 6 years ago

Beautiful Centaur - I look forward to playing it at TPF.

#466 6 years ago

Does this mean he will start on my EBD now?

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Does this mean he will start on my EBD now?

Sorry, my ebd is ahead of yours

#468 6 years ago

Why isn't the OP counting down the days anymore?

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Why isn't the OP counting down the days anymore?

Please don't remind him til after the Super Bowl in early Feb, or at least til after Jan 1st.
We've still gotta get through:
* Mad Rollin Pinball Sep 22-23
* Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo Sep 22-24
* Whiterose Gameroom Show Sep 29-30
* Pinball Expo Oct 11-15
* the Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo Oct 20-21, 2017
* Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Franklin, TN, Nov 10-12
* Free Play Florida Nov 17-19
* Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve & Day
* raking leaves, & shoveling snow (for you guys up north)
* College Football Conf Championships in Dec, and bowl games in Dec & Jan
* NFL Play-offs & Conf Championships in Jan, 2018, and Super Bowl Feb 4, 2018
* 2018 Winter Olympics Feb 8 - 25
* Daytona 500 Feb 18th
*** getting pinball machines cleaned, repaired & restored in prep for TPF 2018, Mar 16-18

#471 6 years ago

Actually, I wonder if Labnip got flooded during Hurricane Harvey? Hope not.

#472 6 years ago

He's in a self-imposed time out. I think he got a little tired of some of the BS around here...

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Actually, I wonder if Labnip got flooded during Hurricane Harvey?

Nah he is in Austin. They got some rain but no real damage or flooding

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He's in a self-imposed time out. I think he got a little tired of some of the BS around here...

Pinside? BS? Surely you jest..........

1 week later
#475 6 years ago

Pre-Registration is officially open! Buy your weekend pass early and save up to $20. Bring a game for free play and get in free! Texas Wizards Tournament entries go on sale November 1st.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration-is-open-2018/

IMG_7134.JPGIMG_7134.JPG

#476 6 years ago

Registered, can't wait!

#478 6 years ago

Will any more rooms open up for the group rate in the near future? I made reservations across the street but really want to stay in the event hotel.

#479 6 years ago

Meet The Incredible Lou Ferrigno at TPF2018!

The Texas Pinball Festival is proud to announce famed actor and bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno will be appearing at TPF and visiting with fans and show guests all weekend.

Mr. Ferrigno is best known for his title role in the CBS television series The Incredible Hulk and vocally reprising the role in subsequent animated and computer-generated incarnations.

Get full details and complete show info here:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/meet-the-incredible-lou-ferrigno/

IMG_0134.JPGIMG_0134.JPG

#480 6 years ago

Good to see Big Lou is still following the workout routine I came up with for him all those years ago....

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Meet The Incredible Lou Ferrigno at TPF2018!
The Texas Pinball Festival is proud to announce famed actor and bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno will be appearing at TPF and visiting with fans and show guests all weekend.
Mr. Ferrigno is best known for his title role in the CBS television series The Incredible Hulk and vocally reprising the role in subsequent animated and computer-generated incarnations.
Get full details and complete show info here:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/meet-the-incredible-lou-ferrigno/

very cool. I am going to flex on him

#482 6 years ago

There are more rooms available that the hotel will not release to us, they hold back about 30 I think; however, if someone resells their room that's always a remote possibility. Just before the show the Embassy may release some of it reserves, but it's usually at $250ish+ a night. The Hyatt across the street is very nice and is actually physically closer to the Hotel. We also just announced a block of rooms at the newly opened Drury with also has free breakfast that is a short walk on the other side of the Dr. Pepper center. Advance warning, both the Hyatt and Hilton Garden Inn are just past their 1/2 full point, so don't wait 'til the last min.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

There are more rooms available that the hotel will release to us, they hold back about 30 I think; however, if someone resells their room that's always a remote possibility. Just before the show the Embassy may release some of it reserves, but it's usually at $250ish+ a night. The Hyatt across the street is very nice and is actually physically closer to the Hotel. We also just announced a block of rooms at the newly opened Drury with also has free breakfast that is a short walk on the other side of the Dr. Pepper center. Advance warning, both the Hyatt and Hilton Garden Inn are just past their 1/2 full point, so don't wait 'til the last min.

Already have a room at the Hilton Garden, just hoping something would open up at event hotel.

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Already have a room at the Hilton Garden, just hoping something would open up at event hotel.

I just booked my tickets, so once word gets out, there should be a lot of rooms opening up at the hotel.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just booked my tickets, so once word gets out, there should be a lot of rooms opening up at the hotel.

I booked my room awhile back at the event hotel.

Is it too early to book airfare?

What else should I book right now?

#487 6 years ago

We booked a room at the Hyatt house. I think hotels in the area got wind of the show and raised their prices. We also booked our flights, same price as last year.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Pre-Registration is officially open! Buy your weekend pass early and save up to $20. Bring a game for free play and get in free! Texas Wizards Tournament entries go on sale November 1st.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration-is-open-2018/

Ed,

Sounds like another awesome TPF is in the works for Mar 2018. I hope to attend again and bring a machine.
You may want to create an event for TPF-2018 here on Pinside in the Events section, and perhaps include links to TPF website and Facebook page.

#489 6 years ago

This will be my first TPF. A long trip but I cannot miss out on all the fun

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

that seems a little too fleshed out to not be a game that will be announced at the show, or on display for the first time at the show. o_o

The Cosmic Chaos theme pin was already displayed at the TPF in 2010! But it was my design and theme elements using a Gottlieb Black Hole as the foundation.

I'm sure many of you recognize it.
Alan

#491 6 years ago

So Alan you are working with Mark Ritchie in this ? Is that the case or is it just coincidence and that is why he is using the K in Kosmic vs the C in Cosmic

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So Alan you are working with Mark Ritchie in this ? Is that the case or is it just coincidence and that is why he is using the K in Kosmic vs the C in Cosmic

No, I was not aware of any of the details for this years theme until recently.

Alan

#493 6 years ago

I am working with Mark Ritchie and Ed on the Kosmic Khaos theme for TPF 2018 (I created the artwork) and it is purely coincidental - none of us were aware of Alan's game, which is very cool, btw, Alan!

Right after TPF this year, we started tossing around theme ideas for next year and I suggested maybe doing a generic space theme with a retro 50s/60s vibe. Turns out Mark and Ed had discussed a potential unlicensed theme a few years ago that fit the bill so we ran with it as the theme.

Mark's idea is quite a bit more elaborate than just being a black hole theme and the shirt design and key art for the show that we have been using so far really just skims the surface of the story line. There are no plans to make Kosmic Khaos a reality at this time... It's just a fun theme idea that we thought would be creative and visually awesome for the 2018 show theme!

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I am working with Mark Ritchie and Ed on the Kosmic Khaos theme for TPF 2018 (I created the artwork) and it is purely coincidental - none of us were aware of Alan's game, which is very cool, btw, Alan!
Right after TPF this year, we started tossing around theme ideas for next year and I suggested maybe doing a generic space theme with a retro 50s/60s vibe. Turns out Mark and Ed had discussed a potential unlicensed theme a few years ago that fit the bill so we ran with it as the theme.
Mark's idea is quite a bit more elaborate than just being a black hole theme and the shirt design and key art for the show that we have been using so far really just skims the surface of the story line. There are no plans to make Kosmic Khaos a reality at this time... It's just a fun theme idea that we thought would be creative and visually awesome for the 2018 show theme!

Thanks.
But I missed out on the pizza and drinks!

Alan

#495 6 years ago

looking forward to my first TPF

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

There really needs to be prints of this artwork done. Something like 11x17 or something, it would be cool to hang on the game room wall, kinda like the NW Pinball show does every year. Maybe it would keep morons from stealing the banners as well.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

There really needs to be prints of this artwork done. Something like 11x17 or something, it would be cool to hang on the game room wall, kinda like the NW Pinball show does every year. Maybe it would keep morons from stealing the banners as well.

I think we can probably look into making something like that happen! Would definitely be nice to do a run of prints!

#498 6 years ago

I plan on bringing my Police Force Prototype from Virginia, I'm hoping Barry Oursler might be able to tell me something about it.

IMG_6173 (resized).JPGIMG_6173 (resized).JPG

dsc07910 (resized).jpgdsc07910 (resized).jpg

dsc07924 (resized).jpgdsc07924 (resized).jpg

dsc08002 (resized).jpgdsc08002 (resized).jpg

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

There are no plans to make Kosmic Khaos a reality at this time.

=[

#500 6 years ago

I would like to voulenteer to help set up/tweak tournament games prior to event start.

I am yet to buy plane tickets, but would like to arrange this prior to purchase so if we need to come in a day early we can.
Who do I contact about this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.00
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.