(Topic ID: 229233)

Official 2018 Pinside Secret Santa Participants Thread

By LesManley

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56780b338cc34e2a058b4b26 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190922-204408_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    2997DA7B-2D49-4132-A6C7-02302007BEDB (resized).jpeg
    D3237051-8135-4A63-87B8-DAA67F8221A0 (resized).jpeg
    B233ADBF-1523-421D-A9A2-4CE36C2AB119 (resized).jpeg
    EBC4ECF5-E64A-40AD-9BC5-D8EB2F991E36 (resized).jpeg
    50E34B04-302D-4B12-8661-8F5252746263 (resized).jpeg
    05323D0D-36B4-4A00-BCAD-C5343E4B7246 (resized).jpeg
    E15D53D2-D720-4765-9F13-DFBEADFB92CB (resized).jpeg
    31E6415C-FFD0-49BE-8A96-6E3CDF47A97C (resized).jpeg
    20181229_194402 (resized).jpg
    F14A859C-AC68-42A8-856F-B83B95A896EF (resized).jpeg
    05CD4BC8-8917-4429-B8A6-2E02C7BCBC4A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4179_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_4397 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 5 years ago

Shopping? I thought we all have to make something this year.

I'm well on my way to a full LED kit for one of my recipient's machines using these instructions:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-for-5-cents-each

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Good idea! Start now and you'll have it ready to go for Pinside Secret Santa 2019.

What do you mean? I found if I limit myself to 3 per hour, I stop going cross-eyed! I can do this...

#74 5 years ago

I was kind of thinking what it would be like if one year we switch it up and do white elephant style pinball gifts. I'm kind of curious what pinball junk everyone has left unused collecting dust.

Or I dare someone to introduce a zonk gift that we can pass along each yeah, ha ha.

Just kidding, let's not do that. Have to be careful what I wish for.

1 week later
    #120 5 years ago

Oh man, people already receiving their presents. My homemade LEDs project is progressing too slowly, but I'm not giving up on DIY yet. I'm switching gears, check out this pinball mobile I got going. Winner, right!

FH-Mobile (resized).jpgFH-Mobile (resized).jpg

PS: I bet nobody knows what this really is.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

USPS would not let me ship a PKG without return address. I did not want to give myself away so I used my folks address from a different state. Be forewarned they may req. A return address.

You can put the recipient's address as both destination and return. But if recipient wants, they can see where it came from by the tracking anyways, so no need to get too sophisticated by hiding it: just put your real return address with a name of "Secret Santa".

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I tried putting in the destination address as the return address and the price to ship dropped in half since the system thought it was going within the same zip code. I put it back to my home address (with Secret Santa as the name) since I figure they would have checks to see where the package was scanned at pick up. Last thing I want is the USPS on my ass, they make the IRS look nice, lol.

Well, you wouldn't do it on purchase. You purchase as normal, capture the graphic label, load up a simple graphic editor, and cut the to address and paste it over the from address before printing. I did that last year (it's okay, recipient already knows me now), and USPS aren't on my tail yet! Doubt they care about this.

But no need to be that sneaky...

#161 5 years ago

That sucks, Mr Pinball is a cesspool of scammers though, you have to make sellers jump through hoops to weed them out.

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I received my SS gift on Saturday. I will wait until Christmas to open it, cause I'm weird like that.

I like to wait too, nice to have a surprise on Christmas and the anticipation can be fun. Last time I got a number of separate shipments, one just before Christmas, which may have been by chance, but it built on the effect.

Nothing yet this year, so no temptation either! But it might be one of the boxes stacked in the spare room: I ordered so much crap Black Friday weekend that I haven't opened yet, might be hidden in there.

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh man, people already receiving their presents. My homemade LEDs project is progressing too slowly, but I'm not giving up on DIY yet. I'm switching gears, check out this pinball mobile I got going. Winner, right!

PS: I bet nobody knows what this really is.

In case anyone was curious, that mobile was something I rigged up to dunk my parts in my Evaporust leg bath. Couldn't help laughing to myself imagining sending it to someone though...

#294 5 years ago

My package arrived! I chuckled because it traveled such a short distance, yet was sent 1-day priority. Seemed unnecessary but maybe the price was the same, -OR- maybe there's something that can't be in the box for very long?! Hhhmm, what are chinchillas anyways?!

Seriously, though, I'm waiting, but would love to know if it is safe to open the box, and not ruin the surprise? Maybe there's a nicer package inside whose presentation I will be wasting. SS, please advise John to let me know if it's safe to open. Otherwise, I'm not risking it.

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

My package arrived! I chuckled because it traveled such a short distance, yet was sent 1-day priority. Seemed unnecessary but maybe the price was the same, -OR- maybe there's something that can't be in the box for very long?!

OK, I've been advised if I want to wait to open then I need to cut a small hole and drop in some celery and pepperoni daily.

??? Hhhmmmm.....

1 week later
    #466 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I sent his Canadian care package to a American pinsider friend last year. He and his family enjoyed it
    [quoted image]

I think you can make it a little more Canadian with the -original- "Old Dutch" ketchup chips. I miss the bacon ones.

Also Canadian O'Henry >>> American O'Henry... just saying.

1 week later
    #590 5 years ago

Wait, it's still Christmas Day on the left coast! I opened this morning, but just got home from celebrating.

Some rich, rich, rich treats (peanut butter hot chocolate -- that will be interesting!), lit buttons and mystery sling plastics! Thanks SS! I'm away from my machines and can't recall if I have a relevant machine fitting the chica. Someone recognize these? Maybe it's a hint that a big package that these fit on is still coming by freight!

pinside-ss-2018 (resized).jpgpinside-ss-2018 (resized).jpg

#592 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Plastics are Funhouse

Sweet, I recently picked up a project FH that is currently disassembled and I need good ones! How did SS know?!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=highvoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.