(Topic ID: 229233)

Official 2018 Pinside Secret Santa Participants Thread

By LesManley

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56780b338cc34e2a058b4b26 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190922-204408_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    2997DA7B-2D49-4132-A6C7-02302007BEDB (resized).jpeg
    D3237051-8135-4A63-87B8-DAA67F8221A0 (resized).jpeg
    B233ADBF-1523-421D-A9A2-4CE36C2AB119 (resized).jpeg
    EBC4ECF5-E64A-40AD-9BC5-D8EB2F991E36 (resized).jpeg
    50E34B04-302D-4B12-8661-8F5252746263 (resized).jpeg
    05323D0D-36B4-4A00-BCAD-C5343E4B7246 (resized).jpeg
    E15D53D2-D720-4765-9F13-DFBEADFB92CB (resized).jpeg
    31E6415C-FFD0-49BE-8A96-6E3CDF47A97C (resized).jpeg
    20181229_194402 (resized).jpg
    F14A859C-AC68-42A8-856F-B83B95A896EF (resized).jpeg
    05CD4BC8-8917-4429-B8A6-2E02C7BCBC4A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4179_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_4397 (resized).jpeg
    There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
    #301 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

OK, I've been advised if I want to wait to open then I need to cut a small hole and drop in some celery and pepperoni daily.
    ??? Hhhmmmm.....

You gotta be careful with what kind of pepperoni. It's gotta be the thicker slices that curl up and burn on the edges. Otherwise those honey badgers get real mad.

#302 5 years ago

So I already received an awesome gift from my SS. Truly, it was so cool, some neat shirts and TRON legos. Then a week or two later I got this.. unreal. I'm a Tron nut, and people that know me make fun of me but I dont care. So then I open box to see this neon..
    Wholly crap SS!!!, I pissed myself, shouted like a 4 year old girl, threw in a fist pumping motion. I think my wife may leave me now, oh well! Dont know what to say, a little too generous really...I really love it (blushing)
    ZEN

15441963690445489597065548474840 (resized).jpg15441963690445489597065548474840 (resized).jpg
    #303 5 years ago

Damnnnn, that's awesome! Let's see it lit up!

#304 5 years ago

Merry Christmas secret santa and thank you my gifts have arrived! Trying not to open until Christmas.

69499101-0F37-4A1E-9244-40BD6A38D715 (resized).jpeg69499101-0F37-4A1E-9244-40BD6A38D715 (resized).jpeg
    #305 5 years ago

Holy crap!! That is amazing!!

#306 5 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

Damnnnn, that's awesome! Let's see it lit up!

Lit lit lit!!!!!

#307 5 years ago

My gifts arrived yesterday, nicely wrapped with a card. Got a cool clock, a bag, TNA decals and a blu-ray from Spooky Pinball. Thanks SS!!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    #308 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

HOLY MOLY!!!!
    This huge MF box arrived from Germany! The wife nagged me thinking I'd bought more pinball parts! LOL!!!
    [quoted image]
    There are three things in it, two that are wrapped and one is a light stand (I guess they know I'm a streamer!) The wife won't let me open the other two until Christmas, but the card says its a GOTG something!
    Many thanks Secret Santa! Will post pics on the 25th!
    Cheers,
    Neil.[quoted image]

Sorry Austria not Germany, I just read the German language and assumed - many thanks to who sent this and will post pics on Christmas Day when opened!

#309 5 years ago

You’re the man, Santa! I’ll proudly wear my new Chicago FD gear and will put the cleaner and wax to good use “cleaning up my act” after the holidays. Haven’t had this much fun opening a package in years!

BBC5899D-6FB0-4405-B878-87FB71D0D6CC (resized).jpegBBC5899D-6FB0-4405-B878-87FB71D0D6CC (resized).jpegD465AF3B-FAE5-4314-BC29-B8741982C615 (resized).jpegD465AF3B-FAE5-4314-BC29-B8741982C615 (resized).jpeg
    #310 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

So I already received an awesome gift from my SS. Truly, it was so cool, some neat shirts and TRON legos. Then a week or two later I got this.. unreal. I'm a Tron nut, and people that know me make fun of me but I dont care. So then I open box to see this neon..
    Wholly crap SS!!!, I pissed myself, shouted like a 4 year old girl, threw in a fist pumping motion. I think my wife may leave me now, oh well! Dont know what to say, a little too generous really...I really love it (blushing)
    ZEN[quoted image]

Congrats! Reading your post brought to mind the uber-fan below.

EX000045TheTronGuy (resized).jpgEX000045TheTronGuy (resized).jpg

#312 5 years ago

The longer it takes to get my stuff, the more I keep buying. Can’t wait to get it all and send it off!

#313 5 years ago

I got mine about a week ago. I opened the main box and it looks great so far, but I won't dig farther till Christmas. Thank you very much.

#314 5 years ago

Damn it ya'll
    Every time I see a new post in here I get excited, I wanna see that TRON neon sign lit up...
    Come on ZEN fire it up, fire it up!

#315 5 years ago

I'm more excited about my SS recipient opening his/her gift than I am to receive mine.

Great gifts so far!! Merry Christmas pinsiders!!

#316 5 years ago

My present(s) arrived today!!!!

My gifts are fantastic!! Thank you so much Santa!!!! You completely nailed it!!!

Just a bit ago my wife came out to let me know this box had arrived.

packagearrived.jpgpackagearrived.jpg

Inside it contained 3 presents! All wrapped with different paper! My wife especially got a big kick out of this, because I typically insist when we wrap presents that we have to use a lot of different designs! I tell her it's all about the effort!

presentswithin.jpgpresentswithin.jpg

One of the first presents were some awesome mods for my GotG!! I can't wait to put these on the game tonight! These were literally the two mods that I wish I had gotten but never got around to ordering!!

gotgmods.jpggotgmods.jpg

Next up is this very cool print of a pinball patent, it even came framed! Santa did awesome with this one! I love new decorations for my game room but this also speaks to me as an engineer at heart.

wallart.jpgwallart.jpg

I saved this one for last... The final present was this set of drinking glasses with the logos for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk. This absolutely blew me away. I already had my wife clear a space out in the cabinet and I am going to be drinking from Iron Man tonight. I am a huge Marvel fan, way more than I will ever let on, and these glasses definitely made me giddy. I can't even tell you how freaking cool these are.

glasses.jpgglasses.jpg

Again, thank you santa so much!!!!! For a lot of reasons this has been a tough year and receiving these gifts really put a big smile on my face. Happy holidays!! You rock santa!!!!!!!

#317 5 years ago
    Quoted from mickey:

Trying not to open until Christmas.

You can wait. Will make Christmas really special. You'll be glad you did.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : I waited last year and was glad I did.

#318 5 years ago

Pinball Side Mirrors. Thx Secret Santa!!!

3165893F-FE36-460A-BE63-3474310C0DEE (resized).jpeg3165893F-FE36-460A-BE63-3474310C0DEE (resized).jpeg
    #319 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

You guys are making it tough to keep up. I did my stalking as good as anybody could, but my mark is a man of few words. I really hope I nailed it.
    Who wouldn’t like a ziplock freezer bag full of assorted, HUO, rubber rings and incandescent bulbs, right?

Quoted from j_m_:

that was an option?

I really hope no one takes me seriously.

#320 5 years ago

That patent is great, just made me order one in blue too....

#321 5 years ago

It's snowing outside today so maybe Santa will show up at my house.

#322 5 years ago

The iron man glass is getting a workout this morning! We are starting our annual christmas baking.

Thanks again Santa!!

20181208_103318 (resized).jpg20181208_103318 (resized).jpg
    #323 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The iron man glass is getting a workout this morning! We are starting our annual christmas baking.
    Thanks again Santa!!
    [quoted image]

Stroopwafels. Looks good!

#324 5 years ago

Love the pics girls and boys, keep on posting!

#325 5 years ago

Got my box today. Very nicely wrapped from Santa himself.

I was going to wait until Christmas, but with so many unboxing pics, I couldn’t help it.

I was totally blown away! New balls, Stern shirt and some local Nebraska wine, honey and candle.

Thanks SS! You made my day.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #326 5 years ago

To my suprise, Secret Santa has been working overtime
    My package arrived today!
    It’s hard for me to do this, but this will go under the tree
    Until Christmas! ( I never get anything pinball related for
    Chtitmas ) I’ll post the opening Christmas Day unless
    I give in to temptation.
    Thanks Secret Santa. You ROCK!!!
    Jim

812CA166-E4BC-443A-A3CA-A2B41C9DA17F (resized).jpeg812CA166-E4BC-443A-A3CA-A2B41C9DA17F (resized).jpeg
    #327 5 years ago

I'm sending out the reminders tonight to everyone I haven't heard from to this point. Please shoot me a message and let me know when you are going to ship if you haven't already.

REMEMBER: the deadline date I listed for shipping items by is this coming Thursday, December 13th, so please make sure everything goes out by then to give things a chance to arrive by Christmas.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#328 5 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

It’s hard for me to do this, but this will go under the tree
    Until Christmas! ( I never get anything pinball related for
    Chtitmas )

Just think how great your Christmas will be this year !

#329 5 years ago

I got my package today, will post pictures when I open it. Will most likely wait until Xmas.

#330 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Will most likely wait until Xmas.

That's the spirit !

#331 5 years ago

Can we get a poll added?

Who will open before Christmas and who is LTG?

He's almost got me convinced to wait once I get it.

#332 5 years ago

I cheer for people that want to wait until their Christmas to open their presents.

If they weaken and open early, I thumbs up them anyway. And on Christmas December 25th or January 7th, I'll thumbs up people enjoying what their secret santa sent them that they open on Christmas day. And people that enjoy opening them upon receipt, I thumbs up them too. It's a magical time of the year and to be enjoyed by all. And anyone celebrating Hanukkah or Yule and open their presents then, I'll thumbs up them too.

#333 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I'm sending out the reminders tonight to everyone I haven't heard from to this point. Please shoot me a message and let me know when you are going to ship if you haven't already.
    REMEMBER: the deadline date I listed for shipping items by is this coming Thursday, December 13th, so please make sure everything goes out by then to give things a chance to arrive by Christmas.
    [quoted image]

Having trouble getting the goods. All should be here tomorrow and Tuesday it goes out...should just squeak under the goal!

#334 5 years ago

I got my present on Friday. Early thanks to my Secret Santa. I will try my hardest and wait until Christmas.

IMG_1171 (resized).jpgIMG_1171 (resized).jpgIMG_1172 (resized).PNGIMG_1172 (resized).PNG
    #335 5 years ago

Ok, all reminder e-mails have gone out. You've still got basically all this week to ship. I know lots of people like to wait to ship as that forces your recipient to wait until closer to Christmas to open their gifts, so no worries there. I just wanted to keep the lines of communication open and make sure everyone had a reminder so the shipping deadline didn't fall off anyone's radar.

#336 5 years ago

I got my Secret Santa gift this weekend! Or at least, I assume it's my Secret Santa gift... I get so many boxes this time of year, I just saw my name and opened it. Then I was like, "Huh, what's this, I didn't order this...." Looking closer, I saw "Fezmid" was on the box in addition to my full name. Whooops! So my only disappointment was that it wasn't wrapped and that I accidentally spoiled my surprise. I'll have to figure out where on my T2 to put this, thanks Santa!!

I'm also pretty sure I'm the only Pinsider who got a vacation from their Secret Santa, as the vacation paper was in the box too! Woohoo!

IMG_20181209_173603 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_173603 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_173621 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_173621 (resized).jpg
    #337 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I cheer for people that want to wait until their Christmas to open their presents.
    If they weaken and open early, I thumbs up them anyway.

since people are receiving their gifts in a staggered manner, I'm love the fact of seeing them opened as they receive them because it keeps this thread interesting each and every day

#338 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

since people are receiving their gifts in a staggered manner, I'm love the fact of seeing them opened as they receive them because it keeps this thread interesting each and every day

Same here, but there is no right way or wrong way. With some people saving them until christmas, it will give us a bunch of posts to browse as we run out the clock on our extended families.

#339 5 years ago

My package has arrived. My wife was ready for me to open it. She loves presents and opening them ASAP. Mine doesn't sound breakable (or like chinchillas) so I think I'm safe to open it at a later date. I'm glad my recipient opened right away so I would know if anything was damaged.

IMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPG
    #340 5 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

My package has arrived. My wife was ready for me to open it. She loves presents and opening them ASAP. Mine doesn't sound breakable (or like chinchillas) so I think I'm safe to open it at a later date. I'm glad my recipient opened right away so I would know if anything was damaged.
    [quoted image]

Just wait till later today to listen for animals....I think chinchillas are night critters

#341 5 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Mine doesn't sound breakable (or like chinchillas) so I think I'm safe to open it at a later date.

chinchillas are known to be very sound sleepers. a soft shake of the box will not awaken them from their travel slumber. in fact, moving them into a nice heated room from the the outside cold may induce a heavier sleep

to protect them from the cold, harsh winter weather, I hand knitted each of them 2 pairs of little wool footies and a nice little cap just like this
    chinchilla with winter apparel (resized).jpgchinchilla with winter apparel (resized).jpg
    wait a sec. that's not right

chinchilla in santas hat (resized).jpgchinchilla in santas hat (resized).jpg
    that's better. this one must have kicked off his little footies

#342 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

chinchillas are known to be very sound sleepers. a soft shake of the box will not awaken them from their travel slumber. in fact, moving them into a nice heated room from the the outside cold may induce a heavier sleep
    to protect them from the cold, harsh winter weather, I hand knitted each of them 2 pairs of little wool footies and a nice little cap just like this

I had one of my experts check out the box and I think I'm still chinchilla free. He was mad that it was on "his" chair and he wanted to take a nap.

IMG_1484[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1484[1] (resized).JPG
    #343 5 years ago

Oh boy! If u weren’t chinchilla free before......ya are now!

#344 5 years ago

My wife called to tell me I had a pinball package in the mail today and that it was from Pinball Life.
    But my last two orders from Pinball Life had already arrived just a couple of weeks ago. Hmmm.
    Got to be my secret Santa with a direct delivery.
    It is now under the tree. I am not an open early kind of guy.

And yes, I did check for air holes for the Chinchillas.

#345 5 years ago

Thank you secret santa for the amazing pinstadium light set!!

20181210_203138 (resized).jpg20181210_203138 (resized).jpg
    #346 5 years ago

I am amazed by these gifts!
    It’s really nice to see all the generosity, especially on a site that has a reputation for negativity.

#347 5 years ago

Curiosity is killing me with all these unopened parcels!

whats-in-the-5c0f2f.jpgwhats-in-the-5c0f2f.jpg
    #348 5 years ago
    D9283B64-101D-4243-A55C-C97E66BC3616 (resized).jpegD9283B64-101D-4243-A55C-C97E66BC3616 (resized).jpeg
    #349 5 years ago

2 weeks.

#350 5 years ago

I shipped my package this afternoon and then an hour or so later when I got home, there was a large box from PA sitting on my doorstep. Unfortunately, been working all night on replacing a boiler that crapped out in my shop so didn’t have a chance to open up anything. Don’t think I’ll wait til Xmas though... Or should I? The excitement level is already building.

Not to be too trite, but I haven’t felt like a kid at Christmas for a long time. Thanks SS in advance!!

More to come...

There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.