(Topic ID: 229233)

Official 2018 Pinside Secret Santa Participants Thread

By LesManley

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56780b338cc34e2a058b4b26 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190922-204408_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    2997DA7B-2D49-4132-A6C7-02302007BEDB (resized).jpeg
    D3237051-8135-4A63-87B8-DAA67F8221A0 (resized).jpeg
    B233ADBF-1523-421D-A9A2-4CE36C2AB119 (resized).jpeg
    EBC4ECF5-E64A-40AD-9BC5-D8EB2F991E36 (resized).jpeg
    50E34B04-302D-4B12-8661-8F5252746263 (resized).jpeg
    05323D0D-36B4-4A00-BCAD-C5343E4B7246 (resized).jpeg
    E15D53D2-D720-4765-9F13-DFBEADFB92CB (resized).jpeg
    31E6415C-FFD0-49BE-8A96-6E3CDF47A97C (resized).jpeg
    20181229_194402 (resized).jpg
    F14A859C-AC68-42A8-856F-B83B95A896EF (resized).jpeg
    05CD4BC8-8917-4429-B8A6-2E02C7BCBC4A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4179_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_4397 (resized).jpeg
    There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
    #151 5 years ago

Got my package shipped today!! It only sat in the car for 4 days.

#152 5 years ago

The last part of my gift is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
    If it does, ill drop mine off at the post office on the way home from work.

#153 5 years ago

Last one of my presents for my person arrived today, gonna wrap and ship them out soon.

Happy Holidays everyone!

#154 5 years ago

Waiting on 1 item to arrive from a Black Friday special.

Wifey was kind enough to wrap the individual presents

#155 5 years ago

Waiting on my order...Mrs. Claus has made a contribution too. Hope they like it!

#156 5 years ago

Is it weird that I'm getting excited to see all the other gifts that people have gotten? I'm hoping the one I sent out stacks up with what I've seen so far. Good stuff here guys!

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Is it weird that I'm getting excited to see all the other gifts that people have gotten? I'm hoping the one I sent out stacks up with what I've seen so far. Good stuff here guys!

Not at all. Honestly for many people that is the best part of the whole experience. Just like seeing what pinball machines and arcade cabinets people find and bring home, you get to live vicariously through others.

#158 5 years ago

hitting up the vendor for my recipient to get shipping statuses of the chinchillas

I ordered soft, tiny, baby chinchillas and expect them to reach me before they're fully grown otherwise shipping is going to cost me an arm and a leg!

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

hitting up the vendor for my recipient to get shipping statuses of the chinchillas
    I ordered soft, tiny, baby chinchillas and expect them to reach me before they're fully grown otherwise shipping is going to cost me an arm and a leg!

Ahhhh yeah, that’s why I went with sea monkeys

#160 5 years ago

This thread makes me happy. This thread shows there are still good people in this world. I say this because I'm bummed that I just realized that I got scammed out of $300 when I thought I bought a backglass from someone off of Mr Pinball. Oh well, live and learn.

#161 5 years ago

That sucks, Mr Pinball is a cesspool of scammers though, you have to make sellers jump through hoops to weed them out.

#162 5 years ago

What's the backglass?

#163 5 years ago

Just bought and had my package drop shipped straight to my recipient, complete with Amazon flavored gift wrap for $3.50 more.

#164 5 years ago

I just looked at my recipient's collection and I think that I'm just going to wrap and ship myself

unwelcomed guest for the holidays? I like to think of it as giving them a [real] friend vs. their current [imaginary] and constantly let down one

ps
    I'm going to expect french toast w/ powdered sugar and vanilla along with crispy bacon every morning for breakfast while I'm there

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I just looked at my recipient's collection and I think that I'm just going to wrap and ship myself
    unwelcomed guest for the holidays? I like to think of it as giving them a [real] friend vs. their current [imaginary] and constantly let down one
    ps
    I'm going to expect french toast w/ powdered sugar and vanilla along with crispy bacon every morning for breakfast while I'm there

bring a good bottle of bourbon or I am gonna return to sender!

#166 5 years ago
    759A78E0-04CF-491D-B76E-E0256F2B5595 (resized).jpeg759A78E0-04CF-491D-B76E-E0256F2B5595 (resized).jpeg
    #167 5 years ago

Wrapping tonight, shipping tomorrow! Hope the recipient likes what they are getting!! If not, you can always regift to other pinball weenies!! Merry Christmas!!

⛄️

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

What's the backglass?

Gottlieb El Dorado City of Gold

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Gottlieb El Dorado City of Gold

That's too bad. And I don't have one

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

That's too bad. And I don't have one

Thanks for trying. Appreciate it.

#171 5 years ago

I see that my recipient got his gift- So glad that you like your gift! I hope you and your family enjoy it! Looking forward to my mystery package....

#172 5 years ago

Got most of the items for my person - just waiting for one more thing. I think I may have gone a bit overboard, but it was fun....!

#173 5 years ago

All you guys........stop making me look bad!

#174 5 years ago

Got my items today, need to add some features and send out by Monday and send overseas hopefully get there by xmas

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ahhhh yeah, that’s why I went with sea monkeys

Sea Monkeys, I just went with pet rocks... And X-ray spec's.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Sea Monkeys, I just went with pet rocks... And X-ray spec's.

not even the "magic growing rocks"? man, you cheaped out
    magic growing rocks (resized).jpgmagic growing rocks (resized).jpg

kristen is disappointed as well
    ritter.gifritter.gif

#177 5 years ago

Just mailed my parcel!! I hope there are no issues clearing customs.

Merry Christmas ya'll!!

#178 5 years ago

I received my gift today. Excited to see what's inside. Thanks SS!

#179 5 years ago

Man I almost want to delay shipping so it arrives in December hahahha

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Man I almost want to delay shipping so it arrives in December hahahha

Unless they live across the street or you're shipping overnight, you're probably safe today!

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Unless they live across the street or you're shipping overnight, you're probably safe today!

you may be right. shipping from the north pole does take a little while

#182 5 years ago

I just hope the hamsters and duct tape don’t freeze in the mail.....

#183 5 years ago

You sending something to R Gere?

#184 5 years ago

I got an email saying a package with my address is coming from someplace random via UPS, should be here tomorrow,
    It really freaked my.mom out since she got the email

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

I got an email saying a package with my address is coming from someplace random via UPS, should be here tomorrow,
    It really freaked my.mom out since she got the email

Was she less worried when you told her, “Don’t worry, it’s probably from my Pinball Santa.”?

#186 5 years ago

I told my wife that I would be getting a gift from some one from the pinball Santa group i signed up for. She just rolled her eyes

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

Was she less worried when you told her, “Don’t worry, it’s probably from my Pinball Santa.”?

Well the weird thing is it appears someone sent it though an insurance company (probably where this person worked) I was recently involved in a car accident (car slid off the road) so it was actually a bit strange of a coincidence but it is not my insurance company so it was also strange at the same time and then I remembered

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I just hope the hamsters and duct tape don’t freeze in the mail.....

I just home the llama I sent someone makes it safely

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

I just home the llama I sent someone makes it safely

So I got that goin for me...

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #190 5 years ago

I'm just waiting for one more package to arrive, then I'll be able to wrap and ship my gift. In the meantime, I put up a tree in the game room just for my secret Santa's gift. I'm getting anxious and it's not even December!

Gameroom Tree (resized).jpgGameroom Tree (resized).jpg
    #191 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I told my wife that I would be getting a gift from some one from the pinball Santa group i signed up for. She just rolled her eyes

My wife actually thinks the whole thing is pretty cool!

#192 5 years ago

I received part 1 of my gifts today. Funny, true story: Went Christmas shopping/idea gathering with the wife and kids today. We go to Newbury Comics and I buy a magnet for my son who likes Friday the 13th. I’m looking at the T-shirt’s because they are buy 2, get 1 free. I see a shirt I want but not really another one so we leave and continue doing our other shopping. Fast forward, we get home and I check the mail. What is this package from Newbury Comics? Maybe someone at home ordered something. Nope, it was the shirt I had seen earlier/wanted and my pinside secret Santa had purchased it for me. Thank you for recognizing my love Arrested Development and for the cool gift.

04FBF6EC-5BF6-4FDB-8D48-3C60F4F46484 (resized).jpeg04FBF6EC-5BF6-4FDB-8D48-3C60F4F46484 (resized).jpeg219F15B5-2883-4385-AEB9-894ECC43618F (resized).jpeg219F15B5-2883-4385-AEB9-894ECC43618F (resized).jpeg
    #193 5 years ago

There’s always money in the banana stand! Loving these Secret Santa reveals.

#194 5 years ago

That’s an awesome shirt!

#195 5 years ago

He didn't and it wasnt

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

not even the "magic growing rocks"? man, you cheaped out
    [quoted image]
    kristen is disappointed as well
    [quoted image]

Damn, I had forgotten about those, but hopefully the x-ray spec's will help.

#197 5 years ago

Well I couldn't wait until Christmas to open... This made my week, glad I participated this year!

IMG_4265 (resized).jpgIMG_4265 (resized).jpg
    #198 5 years ago

Got my booty ! Awesome stuff !! Love the sign !!! Thank you Santa !!
    Joe

0BAF33FE-8842-40D5-BAB3-CDE35B6ADAC4 (resized).jpeg0BAF33FE-8842-40D5-BAB3-CDE35B6ADAC4 (resized).jpeg
    #199 5 years ago

Holy crap...

Eight days ago, I paid to have my package sent to the east coast in 2-3 days.

Just checked the tracking and it hasn't even left California yet!

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Got my booty ! Awesome stuff !! Love the sign !!! Thank you Santa !!
    Joe

Nice! What's the "GOLDEN SAO RACK," and did it come with a bag of dollar coins or something?

There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/4?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.