(Topic ID: 229233)

Official 2018 Pinside Secret Santa Participants Thread

By LesManley

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56780b338cc34e2a058b4b26 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190922-204408_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    2997DA7B-2D49-4132-A6C7-02302007BEDB (resized).jpeg
    D3237051-8135-4A63-87B8-DAA67F8221A0 (resized).jpeg
    B233ADBF-1523-421D-A9A2-4CE36C2AB119 (resized).jpeg
    EBC4ECF5-E64A-40AD-9BC5-D8EB2F991E36 (resized).jpeg
    50E34B04-302D-4B12-8661-8F5252746263 (resized).jpeg
    05323D0D-36B4-4A00-BCAD-C5343E4B7246 (resized).jpeg
    E15D53D2-D720-4765-9F13-DFBEADFB92CB (resized).jpeg
    31E6415C-FFD0-49BE-8A96-6E3CDF47A97C (resized).jpeg
    20181229_194402 (resized).jpg
    F14A859C-AC68-42A8-856F-B83B95A896EF (resized).jpeg
    05CD4BC8-8917-4429-B8A6-2E02C7BCBC4A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4179_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_4397 (resized).jpeg

There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
    #101 5 years ago

I got home from work and had literally 6 boxes or amazon envelopes. I was thinking damn one of these could be my SS! No. They were all for my wife hahahahahba :/

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I got home from work and had literally 6 boxes or amazon envelopes. I was thinking damn one of these could be my SS! No. They were all for my wife hahahahahba :/

Maybe she has a secret Santa!

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Maybe she has a secret Santa!

Hahaha. I joked I signed her up for pinside secret Santa.... for how much I’m into pinball you’d think she’d be a little more obsessed with it....

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

for how much I’m into pinball you’d think she’d be a little more obsessed with it....

Same, and that’s the reason why i love this secret santa thing even more: zero chance of getting a nice pinball related present from my family members

#105 5 years ago

Shopping done.

#106 5 years ago

I want in on this next year. Going to enjoy watching this thread.

#107 5 years ago

still waiting for the chinchillas to clear customs for my recipient. I'm going to have to pad the box really well with lots of those hand heating pads so that the little devils don't freeze during shipping from me and put plenty of vent holes in the box

#108 5 years ago

Shopping almost done.

#109 5 years ago

Shopping complete here! Waiting for them to arrive then I'll wrap and send them out.

#110 5 years ago

most parts ordered, waiting for arrival and then send out

#111 5 years ago

Ok, everything ordered -- now I wait for them to arrive so that I (my wife...) can wrap them and ship them to their recipient. I wasn't sure what to get, so hopefully the person likes it all!

#112 5 years ago

I'm just waiting for final draft from the manufacturer! Made a few changes to the original plan I sent in, Then production and ship from China! &&& then i have to ship it out before dec13th!! Something custom for my secret santa recipiant ! Hope ya like it man!

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm just waiting for final draft from the manufacturer! Made a few changes to the original plan I sent in, Then production and ship from China! &&& then i have to ship it out before dec13th!! Something custom for my secret santa recipiant ! Hope ya like it man!

Wow can’t wait to see what you got someone!

#114 5 years ago

Didn't spend lots of money (way under $100cad) but just put a lil effort into make sure this pinsider enjoys the holiday. By effort I mean I was max-creepin-haha..

#115 5 years ago

I was too excited to not open my Secret Santa package! Forgive me o'Pinsiders. A bunch of killer gifts!

New balls (stop giggling), some Novus 2 with Mirco fiber (which I've already used), an awesome Ghostbusters poster (I love Ghostbusters!), a leaf switch tool and the greatest item ever... A Total Nuclear Annihilation cassette tape!!! Boom nineteen eighty something!

Great Job Secret Santa!!

20181123_202443 (resized).jpg20181123_202443 (resized).jpg
    #116 5 years ago

Received mine today! Thanks Santa!

IMG_4274 (resized).jpgIMG_4274 (resized).jpg
    #117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

Received mine today! Thanks Santa!
    [quoted image]

What’s in the bag?

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

What’s in the bag?

I think it is led flipper buttons.....

#119 5 years ago

Order is done. Waiting for it to arrive and wrap it up to ship out.

#120 5 years ago

Oh man, people already receiving their presents. My homemade LEDs project is progressing too slowly, but I'm not giving up on DIY yet. I'm switching gears, check out this pinball mobile I got going. Winner, right!

FH-Mobile (resized).jpgFH-Mobile (resized).jpg

PS: I bet nobody knows what this really is.

#121 5 years ago

This Tee Shirt showed up yesterday to go with the balls and light up flipper buttons! Thanks!

IMG_4275 (resized).jpgIMG_4275 (resized).jpgIMG_4274 (resized).jpgIMG_4274 (resized).jpg

#122 5 years ago

Got my SS today. Should I open or wait?? I'm leaning towards open.

15432750319027831550636644321092 (resized).jpg15432750319027831550636644321092 (resized).jpg
    #123 5 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

[quoted image]

open.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

[quoted image]

Totally up to you...

#125 5 years ago

Did the big box. Might wait for the wrapped box.

#126 5 years ago
    8CA8236D-0FB2-46E3-9610-63BB6D52CD51 (resized).jpeg8CA8236D-0FB2-46E3-9610-63BB6D52CD51 (resized).jpeg
    #127 5 years ago

My cool gift arrived. Can’t wait to set it up and show the kids...old school games like pitfall! Tks to my secret Santa.

F83A1324-279F-473F-B3F4-FAEE5EBEED80 (resized).jpegF83A1324-279F-473F-B3F4-FAEE5EBEED80 (resized).jpeg
    #128 5 years ago

Man, I am more excited to see the recipients reaction the what I sent than I am to get my box, lol. Keep those photos coming!

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from rodcom:

My cool gift arrived. Can’t wait to set it up and show the kids...old school games like pitfall! Tks to my secret Santa.
    [quoted image]

frigging sweet!

#130 5 years ago

the atari flashback is a great package and an awesome present. it's very cool that it's packaged with a set of joysticks and paddles controllers (I believe that the gold deluxe version includes warlords, which was an awesome 4 player game. I wonder if a 2nd set of paddles can be hooked up to experience some of the 4-player games?

#131 5 years ago

Dang that atari is cool!

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the atari flashback is a great package and an awesome present. it's very cool that it's packaged with a set of joysticks and paddles controllers (I believe that the gold deluxe version includes warlords, which was an awesome 4 player game. I wonder if a 2nd set of paddles can be hooked up to experience some of the 4-player games?

Kaboom was my ultimate paddle game!!!

#133 5 years ago

I wasn't a huge Atari fan but my wife is.

She goes crazy for "Plaque Attack."

What a great gift idea!

#134 5 years ago

That’s the one to get, the gold edition adds hdmi out. I’ve got the older ones without hdmi, so they don’t look good on a big screen.

#135 5 years ago

Does anybody have any good places to get t-shirts? I have checked 1 or 2 places that I know, but haven't found anything I really like.

#136 5 years ago

USPS would not let me ship a PKG without return address. I did not want to give myself away so I used my folks address from a different state. Be forewarned they may req. A return address.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

USPS would not let me ship a PKG without return address. I did not want to give myself away so I used my folks address from a different state. Be forewarned they may req. A return address.

Same here. I had to use my address in case of return.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

You can put the recipient's address as both destination and return. But if recipient wants, they can see where it came from by the tracking anyways, so no need to get too sophisticated by hiding it: just put your real return address with a name of "Secret Santa".

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Does anybody have any good places to get t-shirts? I have checked 1 or 2 places that I know, but haven't found anything I really like.

The only pinball shirts I really like have come from shows or pinball bars. If there’s a local pinball hangout near you they probably sell shirts

#140 5 years ago

I use my uncle's address in a completly different state.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Same here. I had to use my address in case of return.

Yeah, obviously if someone *really* wanted to dig to find out they probably can. It's more about not making it obvious with the return address name for someone who wasn't trying to figure out who their SS was. I have used a work address in the past which helps a little. Using your real address with the Pinside Secret Santa name though is absolutely fine, don't worry about that.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I use my uncle's address in a completly different state.

Granted, I was found out last year, but I'm an idiot so I'll be trying again.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Granted, I was found out last year, but I'm an idiot so I'll be trying again.

Did your uncle roll over on you?!? Maybe use Wrigley Field this year.

Elwood (resized).jpgElwood (resized).jpg
    #144 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

You can put the recipient's address as both destination and return. But if recipient wants, they can see where it came from by the tracking anyways, so no need to get too sophisticated by hiding it: just put your real return address with a name of "Secret Santa".

I tried putting in the destination address as the return address and the price to ship dropped in half since the system thought it was going within the same zip code. I put it back to my home address (with Secret Santa as the name) since I figure they would have checks to see where the package was scanned at pick up. Last thing I want is the USPS on my ass, they make the IRS look nice, lol.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I tried putting in the destination address as the return address and the price to ship dropped in half since the system thought it was going within the same zip code. I put it back to my home address (with Secret Santa as the name) since I figure they would have checks to see where the package was scanned at pick up. Last thing I want is the USPS on my ass, they make the IRS look nice, lol.

Well, you wouldn't do it on purchase. You purchase as normal, capture the graphic label, load up a simple graphic editor, and cut the to address and paste it over the from address before printing. I did that last year (it's okay, recipient already knows me now), and USPS aren't on my tail yet! Doubt they care about this.

But no need to be that sneaky...

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Well, you wouldn't do it on purchase. You purchase as normal, capture the graphic label, load up a simple graphic editor, and cut the to address and paste it over the from address before printing. I did that last year (it's okay, recipient already knows me now), and USPS aren't on my tail yet! Doubt they care about this.
    But no need to be that sneaky...

That's a level I didn't think about, lol. Anyways, they could probably figure out who their Secret Santa was with about two minutes of investigation so what is done is done, lol.

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Double Danger has a decent selection of sweet Pinball T-Shirts.

https://www.ddpinball.com/

#148 5 years ago

Some awesome gifts so far. I need to get to packing up my gifts.

#149 5 years ago

Drop shipping only shows the sellers address.

#150 5 years ago

Ordered my gift today. I'm really excited for it to arrive so that I can send it out.

There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/3?hl=waderade812 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.