(Topic ID: 229233)

Official 2018 Pinside Secret Santa Participants Thread

By LesManley

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56780b338cc34e2a058b4b26 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190922-204408_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    2997DA7B-2D49-4132-A6C7-02302007BEDB (resized).jpeg
    D3237051-8135-4A63-87B8-DAA67F8221A0 (resized).jpeg
    B233ADBF-1523-421D-A9A2-4CE36C2AB119 (resized).jpeg
    EBC4ECF5-E64A-40AD-9BC5-D8EB2F991E36 (resized).jpeg
    50E34B04-302D-4B12-8661-8F5252746263 (resized).jpeg
    05323D0D-36B4-4A00-BCAD-C5343E4B7246 (resized).jpeg
    E15D53D2-D720-4765-9F13-DFBEADFB92CB (resized).jpeg
    31E6415C-FFD0-49BE-8A96-6E3CDF47A97C (resized).jpeg
    20181229_194402 (resized).jpg
    F14A859C-AC68-42A8-856F-B83B95A896EF (resized).jpeg
    05CD4BC8-8917-4429-B8A6-2E02C7BCBC4A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4179_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_4397 (resized).jpeg
    There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
    #52 5 years ago

Got my email. Time to start shopping.

#53 5 years ago

Already Shopping. Need some better ideas for my person... Since I ain't saying whom you are, everyone needs to start posting more content

Then I can stalk you better to see what you may like.

#54 5 years ago

just how many times do I have to post that I want a victoria's secret model for xmas!?!?!

#55 5 years ago

Thanks for doing this eh LesManley

#56 5 years ago

Whoever has me, size has changed, it is now DP LE!!! This stalking thing is hard. What do you get a person who has or had every pin you want?! This is going to take me a few days to "stalk".

#57 5 years ago

Whomever got me, feel free to ask Les for a listing of my real collection. Pinside one aint accurate

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey phat_jay, do you have this t-shirt already? Just in case your Santa has a taste for fine art:
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/lydiakinsey/works/15796516?p=t-shirt&rel=carousel&style=mens

Omg how awful lol!

#59 5 years ago

Stalking ain’t easy. I’ll have to sit next to the fireplace with some cookies and milk and channel my inner Santa.

#60 5 years ago

Stalking, I thought you said stocking

Quoted from cletus:

Stalking ain’t easy. I’ll have to sit next to the fireplace with some cookies and milk and channel my inner Santa

#61 5 years ago

Got my email and I am on it! This is gonna be fun!

#62 5 years ago

I feel like someone is stalking me though.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I feel like someone is stalking me though.

#64 5 years ago

Haha! Thank you for that.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

To Make things easy, I've created a shop just for the people on this list. You must be on the list in order to purchase. If you are not the order will be rejected.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/02095-secret-santa-sale[quoted image]

This is awesome!!

#66 5 years ago

#67 5 years ago

I got a good one

#68 5 years ago

Working on the good stuff...legal stalking.

#69 5 years ago

Shopping? I thought we all have to make something this year.

I'm well on my way to a full LED kit for one of my recipient's machines using these instructions:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-for-5-cents-each

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Shopping? I thought we all have to make something this year.
    I'm well on my way to a full LED kit for one of my recipient's machines using these instructions:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-for-5-cents-each

Good idea! Start now and you'll have it ready to go for Pinside Secret Santa 2019.

#71 5 years ago

Did you know astroglide shipped in 5 gal pails? I do now.....

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Oh man!! The fun we could have at banger jays next party w that... just sayin...

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Good idea! Start now and you'll have it ready to go for Pinside Secret Santa 2019.

What do you mean? I found if I limit myself to 3 per hour, I stop going cross-eyed! I can do this...

#74 5 years ago

I was kind of thinking what it would be like if one year we switch it up and do white elephant style pinball gifts. I'm kind of curious what pinball junk everyone has left unused collecting dust.

Or I dare someone to introduce a zonk gift that we can pass along each yeah, ha ha.

Just kidding, let's not do that. Have to be careful what I wish for.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I was kind of thinking what it would be like if one year we switch it up and do white elephant style pinball gifts. I'm kind of curious what pinball junk everyone has left unused collecting dust.
    Or I dear someone to introduce a zonk gift that we can pass along each yeah, ha ha.

I don’t have a ton of extra/used pinball stuff, but wouldn’t be opposed to giving it away if I thought my secret Santa could use it (ie. the original display I pulled from my Metallica). One mans junk can be another’s treasure. A white elephant gift mixed in with the other stuff could be fun. This whole thing is just a good time, glad I’m involved!

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Oh man!! The fun we could have at banger jays next party w that... just sayin...

You guys are outta here!

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Or I dear someone to introduce a zonk gift that we can pass along each yeah, ha ha.

Yes... careful indeed. Remember your SS may be reading this.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

5 gallon pail? Amateur.

Only 3 left now...and free shipping to boot!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
    #79 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Or I dare someone to introduce a zonk gift that we can pass along each yeah, ha ha.

Maybe we could save that idea for a Christmas in July bit of fun

#80 5 years ago

Got my gift/gifts purchased, just waiting for everything to arrive and ill get my gift off in the mail.

#81 5 years ago

Wow people are fast this year!!! I'm still stalking...

#82 5 years ago

Gifts purchased, just awaiting tracking. Who woulda thought astroglide would incur a hazmat charge...

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Wow people are fast this year!!! I'm still stalking...

Yeah, me too. Finding any personal information about my stalkee is proving somewhat difficult...

#84 5 years ago

I've been doing some good stalking and done some gift ordering.

#85 5 years ago

Done, should arrive next week)

#86 5 years ago

Gifts ordered!

#87 5 years ago

Done! I researched my SS hope he/she is happy

#88 5 years ago

waiting on a couple sites offering up 'black friday' discounts for my recipient

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

Same.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

Ditto

#91 5 years ago

Done! I stalked my SS pinside profile. Thankfully they have a list of the games they currently have. I went a little overboard at Marco. I hope they like what they get. If not, I guess they can always return what I sent. It was fun shopping for someone else with the same interests. I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas and great new year. Peace and Love

#92 5 years ago

Santa don't mess around! I haven't even got my gifts in the mail to send yet... and this already arrived marked to Dee-Bow! Wooot. Thanks secret Santa!

20181119_134155 (resized).jpg20181119_134155 (resized).jpg20181119_134227 (resized).jpg20181119_134227 (resized).jpg20181119_134251 (resized).jpg20181119_134251 (resized).jpg
    #93 5 years ago

It has begun!

Getting gifts days before Thanksgiving may be a record. To all those that haven't even bought gifts, let alone mailed them, don't worry or feel like you are doing something wrong...it's not a race.

I plan on getting serious about getting all my gifts together and in the mail next week.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Getting gifts days before Thanksgiving may be a record. To all those that haven't even bought gifts, let alone mailed them, don't worry or feel like you are doing something wrong...it's not a race.

I'd add also don't feel like you need to open them when they arrive either, some people save them until christmas. Just make sure to post that they arrived, santas stalk tracking numbers and want to know that you got them.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just make sure to post that they arrived, santas stalk tracking numbers and want to know that you got them.

Right, because even though a tracking number shows delivered, we want to make sure the secret santa actually got the package and someone didn't swipe it off their front steps or something. Secret Santas won't know a package is coming on a specific day, so if it was delivered and someone stole it, they would never know the difference.

#96 5 years ago

I had a gift arrive Friday. A t-shirt. I haven't looked at it, saving for x-mas. I opened the package thinking, I don't think I have anything currently on order. Grabbed the paper out and it said Pinside secret Santa.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

I had a gift arrive Friday. A t-shirt. I haven't looked at it, saving for x-mas. I opened the package thinking, I don't think I have anything currently on order. Grabbed the paper out and it said Pinside secret Santa.

Keep in mind too that several people have PM'd me and told me that their gifts are shipping in multiple packages from different retailers, etc. So just because you got one thing already doesn't mean there isn't more coming so continue to keep your eyes out. Definitely want to make sure all the gifts get in the hands of their intended recipients.

#98 5 years ago

Ooh....A package arrived from Mezel Mods today and I know I didn't order anything from them.

First present that's going under the tree.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Keep in mind too that several people have PM'd me and told me that their gifts are shipping in multiple packages from different retailers, etc. So just because you got one thing already doesn't mean there isn't more coming so continue to keep your eyes out. Definitely want to make sure all the gifts get in the hands of their intended recipients.

I got another box from Amazon yesterday. Didn't open that one.

#100 5 years ago

I got a package from amazon and it had a gift wrapped item inside. I'm not gonna open it yet. I'll see if I can hold out until xmas.

Thanks to my Secret Santa whoever you are!

There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/2?hl=waderade812 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.