9785C615-E784-4AE5-819C-F4AC6DB6C034 (resized).jpeg
4F99306E-8F80-4F08-837E-107F00DFDD2D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
A9C97F17-0F84-414F-ACBA-714F8F0353D4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0864 (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Bobby Orr - Mr. Blackhawk! (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Man I love hockey!!!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Let's have some predictions on who takes Lord Stanley's cup..I'm going w the Smashville Preds!!

As much as I'd like to see the Pens 3peat I just don't see it!!! BUT the Preds won't make it past 2nd round.

#12 6 years ago

Just a FYI - Great site for watching the highlights of previous games: http://www.dtmts.com/ No advertisements or anything, just highlights!!

Quoted from tomdotcom:

Oilers win! Start the parade

Correction: McDavid WINS!!!

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not impressed tonight with Pens play

Agree BUT this is how they played all last season! I thought they played well 2 out of the 3 periods and for a first game....thought it was good!

the Flyers Sharks game which was interesting.

Sure were some poor goals let in! Going to say this now as it wont be said again ..... Simmons currently tied for the scoring leader! !

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I really think the Leafs are going to achieve something this year.....and I hate the Leafs

They will certainly be better and make the playoffs but they're still few players short of being a contender!
Watch that game from last night and 6 of their goals were a result of just poor play by the Jets! The Jest seem to forget that you're supposed to cover a man!!!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

who all look like muppets.

so they're French Canadians???

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

best to watch hockey night in Canada over his big brother cd collection

Sweet geebus man they can't be Canadian at all!!!

#24 6 years ago

Nothing like an old fashion ass whoppin!!! The Pens Defense is horrible in the defensive end! New saying is "HOOOOOLLLLLYYYYY Maata is he slow"! Him and Letang were -5 lol! Anyone smell burnt toast???

Good news is .... Pens were 50% on the Power Play
Chicago sucked on the Power Play 0% (0-6) lol

Game made me wish I was at cdnpinbacon BIL house!!!!

Only two games into the season so a lot will happen! Pens do need some D guys though! Losing Cullen, Bonino and Hainsey hurt! They didnt put numbers up from an O perspective but they played solid when it came to their end!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Looking forward to Leafs vs Chicago tonight!!! Big screen windexed , beer and snacks ready.

WOW Leafs pulled another one out! Beating the Rangers and Jets wasn't so big but impressive comeback win against the Hawks!!!!

Any chance we get a NHL hockey pin by lets says 2020 would be nice someday.

Never see it happening but you never know! Look at the Stern NFL and NBA games .... both a flop! Only reason the NFL game is desirable is due to the backglass reflecting a team! Of course being a re-theme didn't help! Power Play was the 17th most produced game but that was during the heyday of pinball!

#33 6 years ago

Flyers coach lost offsides challenge tonight, not sure why he called it and we see a penalty as of the new rule this year cost them the game, still don’t like the rule change and prefer the way it was before lose the time out. This is just a free penalty that should not decide or affect outcomes of games or during the game

I have to disagree with you on this one! I like the penalty as too many coaches were calling for a review of off-sides late in games when they had nothing to lose other than a timeout that wasn't going to be used anyway! I think anytime a review is called by a coach and it's lost a penalty should be assessed!

Look at game 6 of the Finals last year! Under 2 minutes to go, Penguins score and Nashville calls for a review just hoping that there was something there to overturn the goal! Why did they do it ... cause they still had a timeout and with under 2 min they had nothing to lose other than a timeout that they may have or may not have to lose! All they did was delay the game!

The NHL is trying to avoid stoppages in play! If you call for a review you're stopping the play and if there is nothing found in the review then you delayed the game by doing so! A penalty should be assessed!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Devils score on powerplay to go up 3-2 and now a holding call to NJ...this is the new hockey I guess, weird. 10 penalties a game until players learn... So a chinsy slash will determine a playoff game? So right now it's 5 on 3 leafs and NJ just scored. Wow. 4-2 Devils

Yeah .... part of me gives the NHL credit for finally calling penalties like this as they are penalties BUT the problem with it is ..... the NHL wasn't calling them for the past 100 years so the players are accustom to the stick slashing! So either the players will learn or a month or two from now the NHL will, like they normally do with "new" rules, stop calling them and we'll be back to "normal"!

#36 6 years ago

Penguins playing their "Pylon Defense" tonight!

3 weeks later
#41 6 years ago

Watching some of the Caps game and have to ask....have the fans given up on this team? A deluge of empty seats!!! Granted the Isle aren't a big draw but .....

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Wondering if any of u fellow puck heads back east have heard about this kid Brock Boeser? This rookie for my canucks scored his 1st hat trick on sat. Nite vs the pens..the kid is a real beauty...

Seen him in a few games this year and will admit he's fast but I wouldn't call him a "real beauty" just yet! He's had one really good game so far this year and that was against the Penguins. Who just happen to have one of the worse defenses in the early season!

Unfortunately for the Canucks they still have the twins! Hate to say that has both of them always have good season but they just aren't the leaders that will take the cup home! 2011 was their chance .... the Canucks next Finals appearance wont be with the Sedins!

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I think that a lot of eastern teams/fans don’t get a chance to watch western opponents, unless of course u watch them play your team..

Actually if you're a big hockey fan you can purchase the Center Ice package which allows you access to every televised game, which is all these days, every night! Also, if you don't want to pay for Center Ice package, you can catch the Western teams every Wednesday night on NBC Sports. Every Wednesday NBC Sports televises two games, one at 730/8 PM (Eastern) and then a second game at 10-1030 (PM) as part of their "Wednesday Rivalry Night". Just an FYI

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Love the Center Ice package. It allows me to watch all the Kings games. I'm in the Central time zone, so the 9:30 starts hurt a little bit. I record the games also in case i fall asleep, i can finish watching in the morning. Big one tonight vs the Lightning.

Yeah the Center Ice package is great but also has its drawbacks .......like you find yourself sitting in from of the TV hours on end watching games! On the weekends you can watch games from 1pm to 1am (Eastern)!

4 weeks later
#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Seattle on way to getting an NHL team!

Congrats...... but bad move on the NHL for allowing another franchise into the league when several other cities are drowning (Carolina, Florida, Arizona to name a few)! Seems the best thing would to have moved one of the struggling cities to Seattle!

1 week later
#67 6 years ago

Congrats to the Isles fans on a new Arena! Isn't it a shame that the NHL didn't make the jump to the Olympic size rinks. You figure if they were to say in 1992 ... hey if you're building a new rink design it so that it can be expanded to Olympic size all but 2 rinks would be Olympic size now......MSG and ScotiaBank! MSG just went through major re-haul so it could've been done then!

1 month later
#79 6 years ago

Watching my Pens vs Devils now but my hockey package through Cox Communcations only showing the Devils feed, hate it.

You didnt miss much on that game! I believe the feeds are from Center Ice and not your cable provider! I get that sometimes as well where you get one feed and not both!

2 weeks later
#86 6 years ago

Olympic hockey has to be devastating for Canada getting bronze in men’s and silver in women’s!

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not a fan. Ann Arbor's own Ian Cole gone

What will really hurt is losing his physicality. Ian led penguins in hits almost two fold but he also played fewer games then the rest (not counting call-ups)!

4 weeks later
#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

PHI vs PIT today is one of the best in awhile I've watched.

Was a good game although I have to say the first two goals let up by Murray were weak. Need for him to get hos game back soon as the back-up we have are mediocre to say the lease!

Quoted from Jackontherocks:Anyone is this thread do fantasy hockey just curious, I have friends that try to get me back in the league but have not done it since 2007-08.

I do and I suck at it!

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I watched the game. Went to OT and then NBC decided to cut away to show some golf. Only to come back to replay Pittsburgh's game winning goal. Are you shitting me?

Wow great job by NBC .... I could understand if it were in a market where hockey wasn't relevant! Here in Pittsburgh they stayed with it and as soon as the goal was scored they cut-over to golf!

What gets me is ... watching golf matches today seems only a third of it is LIVE. Seems that they're constantly cutting away from live action to show "what just happened on hole........" and then the other time they're talking to a guest or showing footage of what happened in the past! CBS was better at covering golf than NBC

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I get some people like golf more than hockey....but it's OT! You've invested three 20 minute periods of broadcasting so far....what's another 5 mins?
Oh and Pierre McGuire....what a bozo.

Yeah I agree with you!

As for Pierre....he's disliked so much that there is a "Shut Up Pierre" campaign! All he ever contributes to games is where players went to college! Constantly advising as to where someone went to college.

During the game Sunday Pierre interviews Mike Sullivan coming back from commercial. He asked a few stupid questions and then ends it with "more importantly who do you pick BU or Michigan". So in Pierre's mind a college hockey game is supposed to be more important then the game he's coaching that happens to be a big game for both teams but also the fact he ask a guy who went to Boston who he's picking in the game! What a dink!

#110 6 years ago

Did not see our Pens losing tonight to Wings oh well

Yeah the Penguins just don't get up for the games against losing teams. If they continue as they have they should beat the Devils and then lose against Montreal!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

kinda sad day here in Vancouver, as the Sedins announced that they’re retiring at the end of this season. I’ve been lucky to have watched these two play all 18 seasons here..they were great players..but even classier off the ice. #22 and #33 will be in the rafters..and perhaps the HHOF..

Yeah but the good thing is ... it frees up money for Canucks to get some good players! Dont get me wrong I think both Sedins were good players but they just seem to lack what is needed to lead the team to the cup! Kind of reminds me of Ovie! Great player just not that guy thats going to take your team all the way! There was 2011 when they went to the Finals buy they won the Pres trophy that year and, like the Caps, feel to the Pres jinx!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Going to our first ever Flyer game tomorrow night. Noob question, how early is too early to get to the stadium? My son and I figured we'd get there a couple hours early to check out the rink and watch the pre-game skate. Is that too early or not early enough? Can't wait!

Most arenas (stadiums) open the doors 90 minutes before game time. There is a pre-skate (warm-ups) that takes place for 20 minutes then they will resurface the ice and stuff for another 20 then starting the game. With the game at 700 you can show up at 600 and see all of that and walk around for 18-20 minutes in between the warm-ups and the start of the game or show up when they open the doors, walk around for 30 minutes and check things out. Most places have different areas that show the history of the team and what not so being your first time you can check all of that out as well!

If you can swing it ........ make it to a playoff game for your second game .... nothing like playoff hockey!

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

Our team seems to always pull games out even when they look over

except in the playoffs

One thing is for certain ...... when the Jackets lose a game you can expect Tortorella to cry like a baby when he loses and blame everybody under the sun as to why they lost and when he wins ..... take credit for it! People talk about Crosby and other players always crying .... Tortorella is the master at it!

Blue Jackets (BJ's for short) have put together a good team but they're just missing that one key player to take them to the Finals! I can see them beating Pittsburgh in the first round .... of course I can see anyone beating Pittsburgh .... just depends on what Pittsburgh team shows up!

#148 6 years ago

Great game between PIT and BJs ..... 3 out of 4 games this season went to OT. This is a matchup hockey fans like to see, especially in the Playoffs!!

Time to watch the OT now.

#149 6 years ago

That went quick

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Thoughts and prayers to the Humboldt families. Mike Babcock could hardly speak and that's how I feel. I don't even feel like watching hockey right now.

I think anyone who plays a sport, especially hockey, it hits home as you spend so much time traveling.

I think you watch MORE hockey at a time like this as the live these people had for the game was the reason they had for being in the bus!!

https://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?route=category&term=Humboldt%20broncos

2 weeks later
#194 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

When do we start talking more about what Gallant is doin w Vegas?! Who really thought that’d they sweep Quick, Doughty and the kings? Not me..

After the Leafs blow a 4-1 lead in the 3rd ....AGAIN!!! (I hope not)

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

After the Leafs blow a 4-1 lead in the 3rd ....AGAIN!!! (I hope not)

Whew!!! Great game

#196 5 years ago

Penguins showing their pilon Defense!!!

Murray playing scared. Two poor goals.

#198 5 years ago

9785C615-E784-4AE5-819C-F4AC6DB6C034 (resized).jpeg9785C615-E784-4AE5-819C-F4AC6DB6C034 (resized).jpeg

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Ugh... brutal 3rd period(Flyer fan here). At least now the pressure is off and I can watch the rest of the playoffs without my gut being in knots. LOL.

When the Penguins scored the empty net goal did you throw a full beer at the TV

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Not on that one... but the not called trip and then score I almost did.

LOL - Not sure what the ref's thought was on that. I've watched several times and I see a few things...

Letang doesn't trip him with his stick but with his skates.
Letang one handed swat at the puck actually makes contact with the puck, knocking it away, before any part of Letang makes contact with Couturier.
Letang never sticks his skate, leg or whatever out to deliberately trip him but when he turns his skates sideways to stop that is what gets Couturier.

So with all that said (especially with it appearing it wasn't intentional) a trip is a trip. It use to be if you made contact with the puck first it isn't a trip but, correct me if I am wrong, they changed that a few years back!

One thing that will never change in the NHL is .... poor officiating!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 10.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.