9785C615-E784-4AE5-819C-F4AC6DB6C034 (resized).jpeg
4F99306E-8F80-4F08-837E-107F00DFDD2D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
A9C97F17-0F84-414F-ACBA-714F8F0353D4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0864 (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Bobby Orr - Mr. Blackhawk! (resized).jpg

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 6 years ago

Love the Center Ice package. It allows me to watch all the Kings games. I'm in the Central time zone, so the 9:30 starts hurt a little bit. I record the games also in case i fall asleep, i can finish watching in the morning. Big one tonight vs the Lightning.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Love the Center Ice package. It allows me to watch all the Kings games. I'm in the Central time zone, so the 9:30 starts hurt a little bit. I record the games also in case i fall asleep, i can finish watching in the morning. Big one tonight vs the Lightning.

Yeah the Center Ice package is great but also has its drawbacks .......like you find yourself sitting in from of the TV hours on end watching games! On the weekends you can watch games from 1pm to 1am (Eastern)!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah the Center Ice package is great but also has its drawbacks .......like you find yourself sitting in from of the TV hours on end watching games! On the weekends you can watch games from 1pm to 1am (Eastern)!

I have the pacakage out here in AZ to watch my Pens games.

#54 6 years ago

I think i jinxed the Kings. ever since i talked them up, they've looked like crap. Lost 3 in a row at home. Got worked by the Canucks last night giving up a 2-0 lead.

1 week later
#55 6 years ago

My thoug before my Leafs battle the Panther ..Edmonton 3rd worst record in the league? "Edmonton is a Stanley cup contender" ...Mabey not even make the playoffs?
Carolina looks good,, too bad no one in Florida or Phoenix give a crap about hockey...Fold these teams

#56 6 years ago

Hard to believe my Pens lost to the Canucks tonight especially after they played the night before, Canucks are horrible in my opinion.

#57 6 years ago

officiating is horrible this year, way too inconsistent. the schedule making sucks, way too often seeing teams that play back to backs with other teams having multiple days off they play on the second game of the back to back. its nice now that its nbc instead of comcast, lots more coverage of late night west coast games.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hard to believe my Pens lost to the Canucks tonight especially after they played the night before, Canucks are horrible in my opinion.

My nux were projected to be near the bottom of the league this year. Sometimes a new coach (T. Green) a young stud (Boeser) and 2 goalies trying to make a name for themselves can do wonders.. that’s 2 losses by the pens vs Canucks in a week or so..the desert dogs still remain the shit team of the league..

2 weeks later
#59 6 years ago

I am pretty impressed with the Flames playing the leafs tonight. Once again it's the first period and leafs are getting out shot and out played. From what I have seen so far,np the Leafs are not a cup team, not close . Anderson has been the MVP so far. Man this kid is huge, biggest leaf goalie I have ever seen. Marner looks like a major bantam player (2 goals) ...same for Nylander, great flashes and crafty but totally useless defensively. It's pretty funny watching Nylander go through the motions finishing a check. All I hear from the Leaf homer broadcaster...its just bad luck for Marner and Nylander ...bad luck? Are they watching what I am watching??? The leafs are just plain bad defensively. Roman Polak is our beast? Think about that one...at the Christmas break I have to say, Leafs first round playoff fodder.

#60 6 years ago

Seattle on way to getting an NHL team!

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Seattle on way to getting an NHL team!

Congrats...... but bad move on the NHL for allowing another franchise into the league when several other cities are drowning (Carolina, Florida, Arizona to name a few)! Seems the best thing would to have moved one of the struggling cities to Seattle!

#62 6 years ago

I’m happy to have a Pacific Northwest team here soon..to think that Vegas paid $500 million for a franchise, and now its $650 million? Say what u want about the count err Bettman, he makes the majority of owners happy. Can’t believe that Quebec still doesn’t have a team there and other non traditional markets do..

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Can’t believe that Quebec still doesn’t have a team there and other non traditional markets do..

Wrong, you had a team in Quebec until the franchise moved to Colorado and became the Avalanche.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Wrong, you had a team in Quebec until the franchise moved to Colorado and became the Avalanche.

Im pretty sure he is aware of where the avalanche franchise came from! We're Canadian..its taught to us in history class

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Kinda like I wish that Hartford still had the Whalers..o wait..they’re the Canes now...

#66 6 years ago

Nice classy touch Pitt fans welcoming back Hainsey. 3 zip leafs, and Don Cherry on tap. Ahhh life is good.

1 week later
#67 6 years ago

Congrats to the Isles fans on a new Arena! Isn't it a shame that the NHL didn't make the jump to the Olympic size rinks. You figure if they were to say in 1992 ... hey if you're building a new rink design it so that it can be expanded to Olympic size all but 2 rinks would be Olympic size now......MSG and ScotiaBank! MSG just went through major re-haul so it could've been done then!

#68 6 years ago

Golfing on my optishot and watching hockey at the same time! Just curious any of you golfers or heard of the Optishot?
Play on line etc..nice to play a few rounds with some pinsiders.
Cool, I'm playing a replica of st George golf club in Toronto included with the pkg of courses.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#69 6 years ago

Time for a team in Saskatchewan Dee-Bow....could you imagine the western rivalry? Green colour scheme of course

#70 6 years ago

Haha!! I like the sound of that!! Except we will need a new arena that holds at least 15k people dammit .. until then i am a 'nucks fan! but i diiiid just renew my two season tix for that other GREEN team out here tho!

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Haha!! I like the sound of that!! Except we will need a new arena that holds at least 15k people dammit .. until then i am a 'nucks fan! but i diiiid just renew my two season tix for that other GREEN team out here tho!

It's sad to see Ottawa fail. All the experts forgot the deep root of the Leafs and Habs not to mention the worst arena spot ever. I bet rider nation would support the team on its own. Grey Cup is here in Toronto btw

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It's sad to see Ottawa fail. All the experts forgot the deep root of the Leafs and Habs not to mention the worst arena spot ever. I bet rider nation would support the team on its own. Grey Cup is here in Toronto btw

Ya, crazy no one goes to games in Ottawa. I dont think melnyk's comments are gonna help attendance! Irony u mention the senators and your Argos in the same post! How many peeps in Toronto even know what the grey cup is?! and like a true RIDER fan..... i say, wait til next year!! Haha

1 week later
#73 6 years ago

Just discovered that this exists.

IMG_0864 (resized).PNGIMG_0864 (resized).PNG

#74 6 years ago

R.I.P. Johnny Bower Always our favourite # 1. The man loved to laugh. A 73 year old man climbing a rickety wooden ladder to fix something at his cottage. The family insisted he never use that ladder again! Once the coast was clear, he climbed that ladder and fell off it breaking his wrist. In typicall Johnny Bower fashion he laughed it off and drove himself to the hospital!
Classy move and great/touching memorial held by the organization.

#75 6 years ago

Sure nice to watch the oilers tanking! Haha, all the "pro's" that picked them to win the cup this year gotta be shaking their heads! On pace for 75 points and another good draft pick! ALSO pretty cool story to see an expansion team make the dance in their 1st year!

#76 6 years ago

I should mention i mean that in a friendly way! My canucks are far from contention as well! So are the habs which people are flippin about too! My buds that are oiler fans are still hopeful!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I should mention i mean that in a friendly way! My canucks are far from contention as well! So are the habs which people are flippin about too! My buds that are oiler fans are still hopeful!

I'm a huge Oilers fan, and hope is long gone.....

4 weeks later
#78 6 years ago

Watching my Pens vs Devils now but my hockey package through Cox Communcations only showing the Devils feed, hate it.

#79 6 years ago

Watching my Pens vs Devils now but my hockey package through Cox Communcations only showing the Devils feed, hate it.

You didnt miss much on that game! I believe the feeds are from Center Ice and not your cable provider! I get that sometimes as well where you get one feed and not both!

#80 6 years ago

A9C97F17-0F84-414F-ACBA-714F8F0353D4 (resized).jpegA9C97F17-0F84-414F-ACBA-714F8F0353D4 (resized).jpeg oh that's where my hockey helmet is! My dog is savage.

#81 6 years ago

So proud of my boys....leave my tablet alone for a minute...and this is what I get!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#82 6 years ago

Do we like the trade to get Brassard Pens fans?

#83 6 years ago

Yes. We are dangerous down the middle, more so than ever. I only dislike the move of Cole, because it leaves us thin on D. But, Cole was a UFA after this year and we couldn't afford him for what he wants. Brassard is a 3 mil player rather than a 5 mil now thanks to JR for working that one out.

After the season I'm hoping they can afford to pay Hornqvist and Rust though. I'm worried about them leaving after this year.

Reaves and the picks aren't a bad loss. Reaves wouldn't even of played in the post season and this is weak draft I hear.

#84 6 years ago

Last year's draft class was weak. This year is supposed to be solid.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from jidorman:

Last year's draft class was weak. This year is supposed to be solid.

I heard different. But what do I know. I know the guy ranked first is a D man, that would be a good get for sure.

#86 6 years ago

Olympic hockey has to be devastating for Canada getting bronze in men’s and silver in women’s!

#87 6 years ago

Not a fan. Ann Arbor's own Ian Cole gone

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not a fan. Ann Arbor's own Ian Cole gone

What will really hurt is losing his physicality. Ian led penguins in hits almost two fold but he also played fewer games then the rest (not counting call-ups)!

#89 6 years ago

I understand going balls deep with scoring for when the top line gets shut down but you need defense in Playoffs.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I understand going balls deep with scoring for when the top line gets shut down but you need defense in Playoffs.

There's still time for Rutherford to nab a D man. I'm not quite sure how Oduya is but he just hit waivers yesterday. Maybe get him, or trade for a 2nd/3rd pair D man. I would say Sheary could go, he only gets hot in small stints and he can't puck handle worth shit. I would miss his speed, but we have a lot of speedsters, it's the penguins after all. Also we have some other options in Wilkes-barre like Pedan and younger guys. I'm more worried about the goalie situation. Jarry did not look good yesterday and that scares me. If Murray goes down again, which he is injury prone, we won't have a Fluery to fall back on and beat the likes of the crapitals and blow jackets.

Cole is a big loss, but we showed we can win without him. There's still time for a move, so let's just see what happens by today 3pm. We'll see.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh and we must sit Hunwick, he isn't worth a shit out there. That Florida game was atrocious with him being all over the place and never in the right position. He also panics a lot, he can't hide that well. He needs gone. Thank God Letang is playing the way he is now and not like in the start of the season or we would be completely doomed.

Here's to hoping Schultz stays healthy though, he's our best powerplay point man imo. Way better than Letang on the pp.

#92 6 years ago

Anyone is this thread do fantasy hockey just curious, I have friends that try to get me back in the league but have not done it since 2007-08.

#93 6 years ago

Anyone is this thread do fantasy hockey just curious, I have friends that try to get me back in the league but have not done it since 2007-08.

I do.....It's quite a bit of fun.

It's my third year in a keeper league of 10 guys. At the end of each season you keep 5 "keepers" and they do not go into the draft for the following season.

I plan on keeping Tavares, Laine, Gaudreau, Eichel and Helleybuck for next season.

#94 6 years ago

I do and I thoroughly enjoy it.

#95 6 years ago

A pinside hockey pool would be great!!

3 weeks later
#96 6 years ago

PHI vs PIT today is one of the best in awhile I've watched.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

PHI vs PIT today is one of the best in awhile I've watched.

Was a good game although I have to say the first two goals let up by Murray were weak. Need for him to get hos game back soon as the back-up we have are mediocre to say the lease!

Quoted from Jackontherocks:Anyone is this thread do fantasy hockey just curious, I have friends that try to get me back in the league but have not done it since 2007-08.

I do and I suck at it!

#98 6 years ago

One hell of a shootout on both sides today. Very high intensity and great hockey all around. Hoping the playoffs this year deliver as much excitement.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Was a good game although I have to say the first two goals let up by Murray were weak.

Just keep his marbles in his head man. Betwixed him and Flower it's hard to keep them going.

#100 6 years ago

Letang sucks. He makes goalies and his defensive mates go crazy. He’s a winger playing defense. Drives me nuts when he’s on the ice.

4F99306E-8F80-4F08-837E-107F00DFDD2D (resized).jpeg4F99306E-8F80-4F08-837E-107F00DFDD2D (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-nhl-hockey-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.