4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #54 Map to nearby hotel locations. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #66 Link to registration info. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #79 Dennis Nordman announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #82 Mark Ritchie announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #107 Greg Freres announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #111 Cassandra Peterson (actress who plays Elvira) announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #129 George Gomez announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #152 John Trudeau announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #159 Exhibitors giveaway information and how to register as an exhibitor. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Post #162 Tournament information. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quiddity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hell, has the "DFW Pinball and Arcade Club" had a single event in the last TWO YEARS, outside of going to TPF, to actually *PLAY PINBALL* that wasn't run by Ken, Marcus, Louis, or myself?

FTFY.

#319 7 years ago

It's what I'm here for. <3

#347 7 years ago

Safecracker, the machine that I could spend hours in front of.

2 weeks later
#444 7 years ago

You guys all need some happy hour.

2 weeks later
#508 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

COME AND FLIP IT
Introducing the all new TPF logo shirt! 100% pre-shrunk, 6oz Ultra Cotton! Pick up at the show or available for shipping!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/#!/TPF-T-shirt-Come-and-Flip-It/p/80043176/category=0

WANT. >

#517 7 years ago

I'm happy to see an awesome shirt that's NOT on black for a change. White's always my preference, but grey is a decent compromise. Now, pink... TOTALLYWOULDHAPPEN.

1 week later
#645 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

That would be kinda fun... Based on Ed's post above I think there are more vendors than I have T's. But I'll bring what I can carry (everything I bring has to fit in my two-bag allowance on Southwest) and be ready for a few swaps.
-Rob
-visit me at TPF! or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

If it's cheaper, you could mail it ahead to someone (or the hotel) and just have them bring it to you at the show (or hold it until you check-in). I personally wouldn't mind helping anyone out if they needed, Frax and I live about twenty minutes away from the show and we'll be bringing my car plus a U-Haul. We'll have the room.

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

I'm getting ready to cancel my TPF discounted reservation at Hilton Garden Inn Frisco. Not sure if they'll let you, but PM me if you want to see if you can get them to convert it to you. It is for Friday and Saturday nights. I ended up at the Hyatt House right next door.

Last year when Frax made Nationals and we went to Vegas instead of TPF, all I had to do was call the front desk at the hotel and give them the name of the person who I was transferring it to. Had no problems at all with it, and the person was able to confirm that the reservation was in her name right afterward. (Had no problems checking in, either.)

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Or ask your awesome, amazing wife to bring drinks from the hotel bar during happy hour, then wonder why they haven't shown up an hour later, only for her to show up right before Classics finals with three rum and cokes that are EXTREMELY heavy on the booze. You can probably figure out how that turned out real fast. No effs given!

FTFY.

#693 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

Hi. I'm new. (Didn't see an introductions section)
I'm going to the festival. Looking forward to playing some of the pins that aren't around here, and possibly some better conditions of ones which are.
Is it usually pretty easy to play on machines there? Or are they line-heavy? Thanks.

Depends on the day and the time of day that you're there. The best shot you have at playing without dealing with lines are early and very, very late Friday, Saturday, and early Sunday morning. Out of the options, it's quietest late late Saturday night and even better Sunday morning. I normally avoid the hall during most of the middle of the day on Saturday, just because of the noise and the lines and the kids and the people. It's a great time to take a nap, just to get you ready for happy hour.

#695 7 years ago

Highly recommend the earplugs, in that case. You can always stash them in a pocket. It gets pretty damn loud during peak times.

#738 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Really? Getting dinged for modding a quote to make it funny is such a lame rule on here. You guys know this is his wife right? This is such an un-forum like rule as it's literally done on every other single forum I've ever been on.

Thank you. <3 I made the same point to Marcus the other night, but his answer was it's Robin's board and his rules. Just because a tiny group of jackasses (am I allowed to say that?) decided to make life hard for the moderators in a couple of threads and a tiny group of people couldn't be arsed to verify the source post before whinging about it...

*shrug* Point was made. I got my laugh, which is all I cared about. No worries.

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I have an extra room booked for TPF.
Let me know if you need one.
Embassy Suites by Hilton March 23rd to 27th

Jared ( https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jared ) was looking for a room. Unsure if he's found one yet or not - and the link pinsiders using their username doesn't show his name in the list. He's pretty hard to miss, Jared Guynes on Facebook with the certified genuine blue check next to his name. I'll shoot him a pm to your post, too.

1 week later
#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I met some really cool people directly... even Frax He's an all right dude in real life

I gotta get into labnip's "inner circle" to find out how to reserve a room early next time, because being that much closer to the fun will be mandatory next year.

I tell people that Frax is great all the time, but I always end up eating the "you sleep with him" bias.

As for room reservations, we've had the first package registration two or three years now. I'd have to check dates on emails, but either September or October is when we reserve for the next year's show. I keep telling folks, just reserve your room. They don't place a credit card hold, you can cancel up to 24 hours out without penalty, and transferring your room is as easy as calling the hotel and telling them the name of the person you're giving the registration to. Ed will announce on Pinside a little bit after the Dallas folks get the heads up that reservations are available.

Brett, have you made the 2018 thread yet?

#1508 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yeah, and i got best Coffee

You would have gotten best coffee if you'd have actually come back with the one you promised me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quiddity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-texas-pinball-festival?tu=quiddity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.