Topic Stats

• 1,523 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 742 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mall_parking_tix-TPF2017 (resized).jpg
bryan kelly stickers (resized).jpg
IMG_20170325_005037_759 (resized).jpg
BKFC.jpg
20170324_221832 (resized).jpg
20170324_221813 (resized).jpg
BRYAN_KELLY_2 (resized).jpg
20170328_223234 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #54 Map to nearby hotel locations. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #66 Link to registration info. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #79 Dennis Nordman announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #82 Mark Ritchie announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #107 Greg Freres announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #111 Cassandra Peterson (actress who plays Elvira) announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #129 George Gomez announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #152 John Trudeau announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #159 Exhibitors giveaway information and how to register as an exhibitor. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #162 Tournament information. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (3 years ago)

Post #183 Multimorphic announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #184 Spooky Pinball new game announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #199 Joe Balcer announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #226 Sam J. Jones (actor who played Flash Gordon) announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #281 Dialed In announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #305 Steve Ritchie announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #306 Photos of 2017 challenge coins. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #351 Spooky Pinball documentary announcement. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #362 Christopher Franchi announcement. Artist on Batman '66 Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Post #371 The Jetsons will be making its first public appearance. Posted by Ed_in_Texas (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 3 years ago

BTW... if you're local and hankering for a distraction between now and the Houston Expo before TPF 2017 arrives... just posted this about the LPGE (Let's Play Gaming Expo) in Plano.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lgpe-lets-play-gaming-expo-in-plano-tx-june-18-19-2016

5 months later
#61 3 years ago

If you want the full experience, you'll want to stay through Sunday's closing ceremony which starts at 2:30pm and lasts about an hour or so. Awards are given as well as the big drawing for a new pinball machine. So if you have nothing else planned in the area, I recommend scheduling a return flight Sunday evening. Be sure to give yourself enough time to arrive at the airport at least two hours ahead of departure.

#63 3 years ago

If you're arriving Wednesday evening and in the mood for an "arcade preview", you might consider hitting up Dave and Buster's for half-price game night (every Wednesday).

Every once in a while I like to stuff a handful of tokens into the coin pushers and try the many skill-stop games. It's cool that you can drink beer too. Closest thing to Vegas around.

Play them often enough and you might walk away with an iPad. I admit I've done this a couple of times...

1 month later
#86 3 years ago

Woohoo! Finally made it to the presses. To commemorate this event, the VECTOR Committee plans to field up to twice the number of machines we brought last year.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be sleeping in my workshop...

1 week later
#109 3 years ago

*hic* yep.... a reason to never schedule your seminar adjacent to Manager's Happy Hour... *hic*

1 month later
#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Given that bonnevil69 (Doom), nelly (Buffy The Vampire Slayer), mk1mod0 (Clearly Insane Bingo), and myself (Star_Trek: The Mirror Universe) are all bringing our custom one-off Pinball machines to TPF'2017... I'm wondering if we should do something special. I'm thinking at the very least we should go hangout and get some food... maybe we should sitdown and have a "fireside" chat in a conference room or something. I haven't talk with the show organizers... but I think we should sit aside some time to "chat" away from the noise of the show with maybe an informal Q&A on our various machines / techniques / advice used to build these works of art.
BTW: My intent is not to ignore anyone who has build a custom table which may be at the show... if you have and intend to bring it to TPF'17; please speak up. These are the ones I can remember right now.
Anyone else interested?

Would re-themes be eligible? If so I can ask if Paul would like to contribute his Polynesia tiki-retheme to the effort.

2 weeks later
#195 2 years ago

Vpin's don't do it for me (yet) because the unrealistic software is the weak point. But I think at some point I may want one. Pinball Arcade is pretty fun. I wish Arcooda was coming to TPF. Interested to see their cab + Pinball Arcade partnership.

BTW, fellow VECTORIAN Rodney is furiously building a VP of his own. It might make TPF this year. Expecting good things... his Mortal Kombat kab killed it!

1 week later
#272 2 years ago

Hard Eight gets talked up a lot. Never been, but the tin-roofed smoke-billowing exterior of the building certainly looks the business.

#301 2 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Here is a question - how does the toll highway system deal with out of state drivers?

Pretty sure they should capture your driver plate & mail you an invoice. If they didn't... you're probably off the hook. Or might get a .50 cent invoice a month later...

#322 2 years ago

Fort Worth is cool. Great museums and downtown area... go spend some time there talking to people. They have a lot to say and will look you in the eye with genuine curiosity.

As far as Dallas is concerned, I find it to be emotionally dysfunctional. Yes, plenty of cheap homes, good employment, and numerous restaurants here... but the culture is one of sleepwalking through life.

Come see the Dallas World Aquarium and maybe the Nasher art gallery at the very least. And have a drink atop Reunion Tower for the view. Then run for the exit.

#346 2 years ago

No fair... you gotta earn 'em! :p

Despite a number of tries, I only got one last year. Not gonna put it back in!

(but will try for more this year)

2 weeks later
#443 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's all day or about 45 seconds, which ever comes first

LMAO! So true. This game is a royal ass-kicker. In fact the toughest of all "Class of '81" pins and I'd even argue it is the meanest in the entire classic 75-81 Bally lineup.

But that's also why it is so cool...

#455 2 years ago

Not always!

I have a toll tag, so I always call NTTA when I have a rental and they switch it over temporarily. Not sure if they can do this for non-tag accounts though.

#471 2 years ago

I wish TPF was officially open Thursday evening-Sunday afternoon. Too much to see... time flies!

Exhibitors get the best experience. With Thursday load-in, it's like getting an extra day.

3 weeks later
#575 2 years ago

Find me a buyer for my Pro-Football and/or Top Score before the show, and I'll add my Bally Dixieland to that lineup.

#708 2 years ago

How fun... it's so old school, literally. I've never been there before despite growing up in Dallas. It is one of the only places left I can think of which is classic Dallas family entertainment. No video games, no surround-sound movie sensory overload... just close-up w/people and decorations. So many are gone now... Crystals, Showbiz Pizza, Penny Whistle Park... all victims of the technology and stay-at-home cocooning phase which started in the (very) early 90's. So glad to see this kind of thing still exists. *sniff*

#710 2 years ago

$50... per device... for three days? Fiends!!

#719 2 years ago

Wow that topper is awesome and love the huge color DMD. Looks great!

#737 2 years ago

Don't miss it. I have a feeling this will be the best year yet for TPF. Major confluence of unique guests, games, and events.

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Farts don't matter in the Vector booth. They get annihilated by the overpowering perfume of fresh paint and varnish. Mmm-mmm!!!

This is true. We're double-doubling down on customs this year. One becomes four!

Two arcades... and two pins. You'll just have to come over to our booth to see the pins.

quad (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1277 2 years ago

That be me... thx!

Also, it's free beer time....

IMG_0143 (resized).JPG

#1332 2 years ago

Whoo.... tired. Thoughts to come. Enjoyed it a lot. Too much to see and do.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Next year, I plan to schedule vacations days so that I can recover from my TPF vacation.
I'm guessing an extra 3 days should do it.
Marcus

I... should have done this...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Pflugerville, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside