Topic Stats

• 1,523 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 742 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mall_parking_tix-TPF2017 (resized).jpg
bryan kelly stickers (resized).jpg
IMG_20170325_005037_759 (resized).jpg
BKFC.jpg
20170324_221832 (resized).jpg
20170324_221813 (resized).jpg
BRYAN_KELLY_2 (resized).jpg
20170328_223234 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.
#401 2 years ago

I rather it be 8 with PAPA playoffs than 16 for A with a bottom 8 one round knockout. One bad go on an EM and you could be eliminated from finals in a multi-era tourney from a bad run of house balls? Meh.

#402 2 years ago

Just bought my ticket for the tourny, gotta try and defend and improve on my 6th place finish from last year

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I rather it be 8 with PAPA playoffs than 16 for A with a bottom 8 one round knockout. One bad go on an EM and you could be eliminated from finals in a multi-era tourney from a bad run of house balls? Meh.

For $60?? F that Only the A players would get a shot. Gotta allow for some of us rogues

#404 2 years ago

What new games are suppose to be at TPF?
Alien
BM66
Ghosted-GhostBusters?
TBL?
Jetsons?
I doubt it but- AFMr?

I know that Lexy is suppose to make an appearance; so I've added it to the games in this thread.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So true!
Xerico, one question ... with 150 entrants, why only 16 finalists and not 32?
32 would bring more points, and it wouldn't take that much longer to run a 32-17 one round knockout.
rd

I am not running the TPF Tournament, so I do not have an answer for your question.

pinballrebel snailman are running the event. I'll pass along your question to them.

Marcus

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

What new games are suppose to be at TPF?
Alien
BM66
Ghosted-GhostBusters?
TBL?
Jetsons?
I doubt it but- AFMr?
I know that Lexy is suppose to make an appearance; so I've added it to the games in this thread.

I'd think Aerosmith and wasn't Spooky #3 going to be revealed there. And let's not forget DI

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Just bought my ticket for the tourny, gotta try and defend and improve on my 6th place finish from last year

It was deemed better to have more than one loss. So finals are not one loss and you are out. The lower number of finalists was to try and rebuild the tournament from the ground up to make it run faster, smoother, and less complicated.

As we have success we will continue to build back up.

As far as modern new games with unfinished or flakey code we did not do that last year and do not plan on doing it this year either.

We are finalizing titles for the tourney and will post a list before too long. Anyone who want to help set them up feel free to drop me a line.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Got my ticket as well!

#409 2 years ago

Our Safe Cracker loaded with officially licensed Texas Pinball Festival Magic Tokens will return to TPF2017! Several burglars were skilled enough to win one last year. Are you?
http://www.texaspinball.com

IMG_7108.JPG

IMG_7109.JPG

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

As far as modern new games with unfinished or flakey code we did not do that last year and do not plan on doing it this year either.

Guess Aerosmith is out then.

You know me... I'll be loading in as early as possible and then just hanging out and doing whatever. Have a room for thursday night this year.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So true!
Xerico, one question ... with 150 entrants, why only 16 finalists and not 32?
32 would bring more points, and it wouldn't take that much longer to run a 32-17 one round knockout.
rd

Dave, looking forward to seeing you again... This time at TPF!

Besides Ken's comment of making it smoother, we also made an intentional move of the finals to Saturday evening vs Sunday morning/afternoon. In order to have a finals that starts at 6pm and wraps up before midnight, there's really only time for 3 PAPA style rounds. (Usual duration is 2 hours per round).

More "points" aren't necessary: the tourney already grades out over 100% TGP with 16 finalists.

I'd love to have 24 or 32 players, but there simply isn't enough time.

#413 2 years ago

Now 1. Who will be the lucky last entry!? I'll bet it gets filled within the next hour.

#414 2 years ago

1 tourney spot left!!!

#415 2 years ago

Anyone bringing a Big Buck Hunter Pro?

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

In order to have a finals that starts at 6pm and wraps up before midnight

Yes...hoping that if I make a finals that it gets finished on the same day it starts...ha. Hopefully everyone else feels that way too...felt like I was definitely the odd man out on that 2 years ago. I obviously wasn't around last year but there's really no better way to kill a hot streak than saying "Come back tomorrow morning!" Probably a good reason why I shouldn't ever bother attending Pinburgh.

Part of me kind of hopes I DON'T make the finals, because I've yet to attend a TPF where I just got to chew the fat and play pinball...has always been about the tournaments and...bleh.

#417 2 years ago

Jonathan from Pinball Magazine and Martin from Pinball News join forces at TPF2017!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/so-you-think-you-know-pinball/

IMG_7112 (resized).JPG

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I obviously wasn't around last year

Yes. You weren't around last year -- for a good reason -- so please stop complaining and slinging crap about stuff that got fixed last year. Come on out and simply enjoy the tourney.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes...hoping that if I make a finals that it gets finished on the same day it starts...ha. Hopefully everyone else feels that way too...felt like I was definitely the odd man out on that 2 years ago. I obviously wasn't around last year but there's really no better way to kill a hot streak than saying "Come back tomorrow morning!" Probably a good reason why I shouldn't ever bother attending Pinburgh.
Part of me kind of hopes I DON'T make the finals, because I've yet to attend a TPF where I just got to chew the fat and play pinball...has always been about the tournaments and...bleh.

Tournament was run well and effeciently last year. Only things I see left to fix is not allow those setting up and play testing the games to also compete as it provides a huge advantage. Since this is a circuit event it would be good to make that change IMO. Or maybe just limit those people to being able to play for the era specific prizes but not qualify for the main event.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Yes. You weren't around last year -- for a good reason -- so please stop complaining and slinging crap about stuff that got fixed last year. Come on out and simply enjoy the tourney.

Stating an opinion of how I prefer things isn't "slinging crap" unless you're choosing to be all butthurt just because things happened last year that I would personally take issue with. I'll state my opinion wherever and whenever the hell I want, as long as it's within the rules of that forum, thanks. I do have a tourney ticket, I could care less if you walk away with thousands of dollars in prize money (again?) and whatever TPF might or might not be paying you guys to run the tournament. I'm just going to play. /shrug

Frankly, had I known how much Vegas was going to cost me, both in terms of money and losing really any chance at all at the SCS for last year, I would not have gone. I didn't have fun at the PHOF, as far as Nationals went. Having 3 games end in less than 10 minutes total was not "fun"....for me, or for the guy that won. Those games were set up way too hard, and the vast majority of games ending VERY quickly for that group of players was just beyond absurd. Game of Thrones has enough sucker shots. It didn't need a feather tilt and posts removed. One or the other would have sufficed. But instead, me and the other guy BOTH had games under 10 million points, and were separated by literally making any one shot that was lit. Stupid.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Stating an opinion of how I prefer things isn't "slinging crap" unless you're choosing to be all butthurt just because things happened last year that I would personally take issue with. I'll state my opinion wherever and whenever the hell I want, as long as it's within the rules of that forum, thanks. I do have a tourney ticket, I could care less if you walk away with thousands of dollars in prize money (again?) and whatever TPF might or might not be paying you guys to run the tournament. I'm just going to play. /shrug

Saying this a friend. You need to take a chill pill. Colin is 100% in his feedback to you as your complaints are not relevant towards the format that was done last year and will be done this year.

- There is no more one and done in finals
- There were not any weird games in the bank last year. If anything it was fairly cliche games to me. Frontier, FB Classic, Atlantis (think this was one), GOT, Drac, DM, Grand Prix, just to name the ones I recall without putting to much thought into things.
- Games were announced in advance and I believe will be done this year as well so nobody can have the excuse of not knowing the games rules.
- Finals finished the same night they started and without crazy delays between rounds. I'm pretty sure they even ended early
- You will not be tied down into the tournament area. With limited plays there is more than plenty of time now to focus on the show. In fact, with the software used you can even put yourself in a queue on your phone. Go play some games on the floor and come back when you are getting closed to being ready to play (you will get skipped if not present so just watch the queue).

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Jonathan from Pinball Magazine and Martin from Pinball News join forces at TPF2017!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/so-you-think-you-know-pinball/

Many missed our popquiz last year (as it was the opening seminar right during happy hour in the bar), but we gave away some neat prizes, including a NIB Spider-Man!
Don't know yet what we'll be working with this year, but it should be fun

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

In fact, with the software used you can even put yourself in a queue on your phone. Go play some games on the floor and come back when you are getting closed to being ready to play (you will get skipped if not present so just watch the queue).

And if you do get skipped you're still at the front of the queue. You're removed automatically if you're skipped three times or if you queue up on a different game.

#424 2 years ago

SMH....you guys are going to believe whatever you WANT to believe. I'm not the enemy here, but if you can inflate your dicks by making me out to look like one just for talking about things that *actually happened* at TPF, under your personal watch or not, then go jump and put me on ignore, and have a nice life...because I genuinely DO NOT CARE. I'm really not in the mood for this BS. Not going to respond to either one of you any further on this subject after this post, as it's clearly pointless for me to do so.

Queue system sounds cool. The reason why I spent so much time in the tourney area previously was ENTIRELY due to the herb-style qualifying. Had it been limited attempts in the years I'd played, I both would not have qualified for finals, and I would've been DONE qualifying very early, as I typically try and play my games in the morning the first day to get a head start and avoid the long waits that existed under that system. What kept me in the tourney area was trying to maintain seed and replaying the same games OVER and OVER and OVER. I'm looking forward to both a fixed price, and a fixed number of potential plays, very much.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

SMH....you guys are going to believe whatever you WANT to believe. I'm not the enemy here, but if you can inflate your dicks by making me out to look like one just for talking about things that *actually happened* at TPF, under your personal watch or not, then go jump and put me on ignore, and have a nice life...because I genuinely DO NOT CARE. I'm really not in the mood for this BS. Not going to respond to either one of you any further on this subject after this post, as it's clearly pointless for me to do so.

You've lost your mind Josh. Nobody here is discrediting what you experienced in previous TPF's. What we are saying is that last year was nothing like the ones you experienced and as such your gripes were no longer relevant towards how things are done. Your experience will be completely different this year. But seriously, if you are going to get this worked up before the tournament even starts you should really rethink playing in it at all. This is SUPPOSED to be fun, remember?

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'll state my opinion wherever and whenever the hell I want, as long as it's within the rules of that forum, thanks.

And I (and anyone else) am free to rebut your opinions with facts. 85vett already summarized how your opinions of the past differed from the reality of TPF2016.

Quoted from Frax:

I'm just going to play. /shrug

I highly suggest you do just that. And hopefully you enjoy the experience.

#428 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).png

#429 2 years ago

loud-noises-1 (resized).png

#430 2 years ago

what does your pinside name (or avatar) mean?

labnip-1 (resized).jpg

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I highly suggest you do just that.

Or...what?

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

what does your pinside avatar mean?

Really? I would have thought this

1200 (resized).jpg

I worked at the USPS years ago. A co worker just started one day to scream out "CHADDERACK" at the top of his lungs every time he'd see me. This was the kind of guy who gave everybody nicknames. I think he based it on this guy. So Bible guy + my name. The avatar is for "choppin wood" -- playing pinball the hard way.

Shadrach (resized).jpg

#433 2 years ago

ha... cool

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

time to get the equipment tested & repairs done for the big show !

love me some Kraftwerk. Lucky to see them last year in 3D concert.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

The avatar is for "choppin wood" -- playing pinball the hard way.

That's great!

-Rob
-visit me at TPF! or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#436 2 years ago

Starting to get really excited for TPF. My freshly restored FG will be in Keith Holbrook's booth for all to enjoy. Stop by and take your butt kicking from it.

IMG_20170207_122623167 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170207_122712473 (resized).jpg

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

My freshly restored FG

Whoa... shinny! The chrome is fantastic!

Very nice!
faz

#438 2 years ago

I'll FINALLY get to play a FG, and one that Keith restored.

WIN.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

WIN.

Someone has to help break in the clear coat

#440 2 years ago

WIN.

Quoted from jgentry:Someone has to help break in the clear coat

Backhands to upper playfield all day.

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Backhands to upper playfield all day.

It's all day or about 45 seconds, which ever comes first

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Starting to get really excited for TPF. My freshly restored FG will be in Keith Holbrook's booth for all to enjoy. Stop by and take your butt kicking from it.

That thing looks amazing JD. My Frontier will be right beside it!!

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's all day or about 45 seconds, which ever comes first

LMAO! So true. This game is a royal ass-kicker. In fact the toughest of all "Class of '81" pins and I'd even argue it is the meanest in the entire classic 75-81 Bally lineup.

But that's also why it is so cool...

#444 2 years ago

You guys all need some happy hour.

#445 2 years ago

One of the kiwis who is coming to TPF with me is looking for a mint Corvette and a mint Hurricane.

Could be in the Dallas/houston/Amarillo/OK City areas as that's where I am taking him.

Any leads, flick me a PM!

Cheers
rd

#446 2 years ago

42 days to TPF

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

42 days to TPF

Life The Universe and Everything

--Jeff

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Life The Universe and Everything
--Jeff

winner winner
don't forget to bring your towel to tpf!

#449 2 years ago

Kinda getting excited

NailBiter-1.gif

#450 2 years ago

In case you haven't heard
Appearing together for the first time and only at TPF2017, Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson, Dennis Nordman, Greg Freres will be talking about their work together in a not to be missed panel on Saturday, March 25th at 2pm. Moderated by Charlie Emery! Seating is limited! Complete details at http://www.texaspinball.com

IMG_7192.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside