4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,522 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 31.
#351 7 years ago

TPF2017 is proud to announce the Spooky Pinball documentary: Things That Go Bump In the Night: The Spooky Pinball Story will premiere at the Texas Pinball Festival!

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/official-world-premier/

IMG_6904 (resized).JPGIMG_6904 (resized).JPG

#352 7 years ago

Just registered my Star Trek Pin collection for TPF 2017.
Be there ... or you are square.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

TPF2017 is proud to announce the Spooky Pinball documentary: Things That Go Bump In the Night: The Spooky Pinball Story will premiere at the Texas Pinball Festival!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/official-world-premier/

Can you reserve seats? Or is it first come, first served?

rd

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Can you reserve seats? Or is it first come, first served?
rd

First come, first served.

#355 7 years ago

Chris Franchi will be there as well!

#356 7 years ago

This is quickly building up to be the best TPF ever (and likely best show of the year)! Can hardly wait, two more months...

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

This is quickly building up to be the best TPF ever (and likely best show of the year)!

Much agreement. With Multimorphic saying they are in production... there looks to be a whole slew of new machines for TPF. I'm guessing by March; my pocket book/savings account will be reduced by way too much cash.
I'm just bummed I didn't get in early enough on their pre-order to be getting one of the first batches.

#358 7 years ago

How many days left, labnip? I can't count

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

How many days left, labnip? I can't count

Feels like about a million... and then on Sunday it feels like the show was only 15 minutes long.

-Rob
-visit me at TPF! or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Feels like about a million... and then on Sunday it feels like the show was only 15 minutes long.
-Rob
-visit me at TPF! or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

^^ true that

#361 7 years ago

57 days to TPF !!!

fainted-1 (resized).jpgfainted-1 (resized).jpg

#362 7 years ago

Stern Pinball Batman '66 artist Christopher Franchi will be attending TPF2017! Holy Special Guests Batman! It's going to be a full house!

Details here: http://texaspinball.com/tpf/meet-christopher-franchi-2/

IMG_6983 (resized).JPGIMG_6983 (resized).JPG

IMG_6984 (resized).JPGIMG_6984 (resized).JPG

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

y'all coming this year?

We have reservations for the hotel. I'm trying to figure out how to actually pay for it...

(part of the reason I'm at work doing 12 hours of overtime today.)

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

We have reservations for the hotel. I'm trying to figure out how to actually pay for it...
(part of the reason I'm at work doing 12 hours of overtime today.)

rent out the living room part of your hotel room

#365 7 years ago

Our Air BnB was less than $30 a night last year. Can't walk to your room but you'll save a bunch of money.

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

rent out the living room part of your hotel room

That would be viable if we weren't already supporting (sort of) freeloaders.

Usually my brother or my wife's friend will end up crashing in there. Sure hope my brother is planning on going again this year. He was awesome helping load/unload last time I went.

#367 7 years ago

We just realized we're flying in to Houston for the rodeo the same weekend as TPF. Now we're considering making the long drive out for a few hours of Texas pinball. Well, I'M considering..

#368 7 years ago

time to get the equipment tested & repairs done for the big show !

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 7.07.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2014-10-29 at 7.07.12 PM (resized).png

#369 7 years ago

Are we doing a Big Smoke or Cigar Events this year? ( Or did labnip ruin that after the 'incident'
?)

#370 7 years ago

hahaha.... i've got a brand new box with TFP written on it

#371 7 years ago

Come see and play "The Jetsons" at it's first public showing at TPF2017!

IMG_7004.JPGIMG_7004.JPG

IMG_7005.JPGIMG_7005.JPG

IMG_7006.JPGIMG_7006.JPG

IMG_7007.JPGIMG_7007.JPG

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Come see and play "The Jetsons" at it's first public showing at TPF2017!

Glad to hear it will be playable. I am looking forward to it.

#373 7 years ago

The sounds and call-outs should make this new Jetsons pinball machine fun to play. Could end up being the best part.

#374 7 years ago

All - saw this post in another thread listing a bunch of games that will be available in the swap meet:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/92#post-3571011

-Rob

#375 7 years ago

so pumped for jetsons!!!!

#376 7 years ago

anyone in philly area who can bring 6 games with them down towards the carolinas, florida or texas any time soon?

#377 7 years ago

Anyone's brother or uncle own Thrifty or Alamo car rentals? Lol

Need a car out of Houston for 3 weeks ... anyone got any hook ups, let me know.

Cheers
rd

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cheers
rd

someone could unofficially loan you their corporate account name/code, and you could get down to like $40/day.

#379 7 years ago

need some help or creative ideas...

know a lady driving up to TPF on her own from out of state.
need to figure out low cost (and safe) accommodations for her.
any ideas/recommendations?

#380 7 years ago

Low cost accommodations? Home Away or AirBNB. It's up to her to decide how "safe" the accommodations are that she finds.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Is she cute ?

LTG : )

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

need some help or creative ideas...
know a lady driving up to TPF on her own from out of state.
need to figure out low cost (and safe) accommodations for her.

Try searching "extended stay" in Dallas. I see that Extended Stay America has rates as low as $62.99 per night. Other hotel brands may be cheaper. These hotels have refrigerators and stoves. They also have interior access rooms, meaning that you need a key pass to get into the building unlike motel6, super8, etc.

#383 7 years ago

Only 40 (of 160) spots in the Texas Wizards Tournament remain. They WILL sell out and I promise I'll get 10-15 emails from disappointed players asking to get on a wait list because they just can't believe it sold out.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/texas-wizards-tournament/

IMG_7071.JPGIMG_7071.JPG

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cheers
rd

I use hotwire.com regularly to rent cars. You don't get to pick the agency who rents to you, but you pick the car class (size) and the price. You pay when making the reservation and they tell you the rental company after you pay. The major rental companies support this to fill otherwise unused inventory. As an example, I just went to the site and put in Houston, TX arriving 10 March and departing 31 March and got rates from $27 per day. Another example, I'm taking the family to Florida on Saturday... using Hotwire I got a 4-day rental on a mid-sized car from Hertz for $98 total.

-Rob

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I use hotwire.com regularly to rent cars

Thanks ... I have used them and Kayak before, as well as Expedia. Kayak has a full size for $33 a day out of downtown Houston but it's a lot dearer out of the airport. All adds up when you have the car for almost a month.

rd

#386 7 years ago

Got my room booked. This will be the first time for me. Super pumped.

#387 7 years ago

I made all my reservations in Oct but had to book my stay at Aloft Frisco. Recently underwent surgery for a torn Achilles and now my plans are up in the air. Hoping to be somewhat mobile in a boot by the time of the show. Anyone else staying at Aloft Frisco?

#388 7 years ago

In for tournament...like 27 slots left.

#389 7 years ago

25 spots left...

beeker-crazy-2.gifbeeker-crazy-2.gif

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Only 40 (of 160) spots in the Texas Wizards Tournament remain. They WILL sell out and I promise I'll get 10-15 emails from disappointed players asking to get on a wait list because they just can't believe it sold out.

Any idea when games will be announced for this?

Quoted from Frax:

In for tournament...like 27 slots left.

Ah crap. I better start practicing and pray they don't put SM or Tron in the line-up this year

#391 7 years ago

Must get Elvira 3 news faster! Come quicker TPF I need a new Elvira fix!!!

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ah crap. I better start practicing and pray they don't put SM or Tron in the line-up this year

Don't worry..Marcus knows what I'm good at and does a pretty good job of ensuring I can't possibly get 1st by including games with arcane rules that nobody knows.

That is definitely one thing about TPF versus other big tournaments... you're not going to see a lineup of just the standard DMD tournament games, like...EVER.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Don't worry..Marcus knows what I'm good at and does a pretty good job of ensuring I can't possibly get 1st by including games with arcane rules that nobody knows.
That is definitely one thing about TPF versus other big tournaments... you're not going to see a lineup of just the standard DMD tournament games, like...EVER.

Haha. Guilty.

Well, this year you can thank Ken and Colin as they will be working together again to include games with arcane rules that prevent you from winning first.

And doing a fantastic job at the same time.

Marcus

#395 7 years ago

I don't even know that I saw the final game list from last year, to be honest.. but yeah...it's a fine line. It's nice to have the "popular" common games that everyone knows the rules for, but at the same time it gets BORING to play the same 10-15 DMD games over and over and over again. On the flipside, it's really irritating to walk up to a game like...oh..Capersville...where the rules are totally WTF to 80%+ of players, and then on top of that, doesn't it carry over balls in the top saucers from *game to game* too? I don't have an issue with stealable locks in a match play format, as long as they can be reset each game/round, but games that do that have no place in a 'score-for-points' single player qualifying format, IMO. Those are the type of things I would like to NOT see.

One thing is a given about TPF: Usually new games are going to be in the tourney area regardless of how terrible their rulesets might be, and there will usually be at least 2 games in the Solid Sate or EMs that I just see sitting there and shake my head. I don't expect this year will be different.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't even know that I saw the final game list from last year, to be honest.. but yeah...it's a fine line. It's nice to have the "popular" common games that everyone knows the rules for, but at the same time it gets BORING to play the same 10-15 DMD games over and over and over again. On the flipside, it's really irritating to walk up to a game like...oh..Capersville...where the rules are totally WTF to 80%+ of players, and then on top of that, doesn't it carry over balls in the top saucers from *game to game* too? I don't have an issue with stealable locks in a match play format, as long as they can be reset each game/round, but games that do that have no place in a 'score-for-points' single player qualifying format, IMO. Those are the type of things I would like to NOT see.
One thing is a given about TPF: Usually new games are going to be in the tourney area regardless of how terrible their rulesets might be, and there will usually be at least 2 games in the Solid Sate or EMs that I just see sitting there and shake my head. I don't expect this year will be different.

I suggest with this format that you see what you can do to be official helper and play tester for the games. That will get you some warm up time to learn feeds and skillshots. Limited entry format, means that will help greatly. Good luck frax! Tough competition in TX!

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest with this format that you see what you can do to be official helper and play tester for the games. That will get you some warm up time to learn feeds and skillshots. Limited entry format, means that will help greatly. Good luck frax! Tough competition in TX!

Aside from the fact that I'm just not that personable when I'm tired and cranky, it's hard to be both wasted and a scorekeeper. I didn't get to attend last year, I'm looking forward to trying out this format. It's going to be whatever it will be. I'm only playing in the off chance that I might leave with more money than I spent. I can't qualify for B so.... top 8 out of 150 seems VERY unlikely, but I've been wrong before.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks for all the tips!
Meat for allllllllllllll
Widening the horizon, any more recommendations around the whole of Texas? We will be hitting most of the main areas on the 3 week trip ...
rd

There are quite a few in Houston - but one not to miss is Killen's BBQ in Pearland, which is a small suburb south of town. Weekends he has a line out the door for lunch - and they are only open until he runs out of food - but well worth the wait.

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

it's hard to be both wasted and a scorekeeper

So true!

Xerico, one question ... with 150 entrants, why only 16 finalists and not 32?

32 would bring more points, and it wouldn't take that much longer to run a 32-17 one round knockout.

rd

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from chiefbrody:

There are quite a few in Houston - but one not to miss is Killen's BBQ in Pearland, which is a small suburb south of town. Weekends he has a line out the door for lunch - and they are only open until he runs out of food - but well worth the wait.

Bound to be some good food near NASA that he would enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,522 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-texas-pinball-festival/page/8?hl=shootthepyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.