Topic Stats

• 1,523 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 742 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mall_parking_tix-TPF2017 (resized).jpg
bryan kelly stickers (resized).jpg
IMG_20170325_005037_759 (resized).jpg
BKFC.jpg
20170324_221832 (resized).jpg
20170324_221813 (resized).jpg
BRYAN_KELLY_2 (resized).jpg
20170328_223234 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Hey Woody, you, me, Larry, Greg and Brad should all get booths near each other again like Expo. You guys made Chigago lots of fun.

Sounds good to me brother. I'm in on Allentown too!

#102 3 years ago

We're heading down from Minneapolis. Booked our flights last week. We missed getting a room at Embassy Suites. If anyone has a spare room, please send a PM.

#103 3 years ago

i'm thinking of renting out my hotel room's floor space. $400/night/person.
if i stack up the furniture in the living room, we can probably get at least 20 people in there.
that's $400 * 20 = $8,000/night. If i just do that for 2 nights, that could buy a pin + delivery

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

We're heading down from Minneapolis. Booked our flights last week. We missed getting a room at Embassy Suites. If anyone has a spare room, please send a PM.

We have set up blocks of rooms at the neighboring hotels. As a matter of fact, the brand new Hyatt right across the street is probably a shorter walk to the convention center main entrance than the Embassy lobby

Here is the neighboring hotel info:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/wp-content/images/2016/09/2017-overflow-hotels.pdf

image (resized).jpeg

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

As a matter of fact, the brand new Hyatt right across the street is probably a shorter walk to the convention center main entrance than the Embassy lobby

Thanks for the tip, Ed. I just moved my reservation from Home2 Suites to the Hyatt. Last year I crossed Gaylord Parkway several times to hit the 7-11 on the diagonal corner from the convention center so I can confirm for everyone crossing street is very pedestrian friendly. Nothing wrong with the Home2 (stayed there twice); but Hyatt's breakfast has an omelette bar...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

the brand new Hyatt right across the street is probably a shorter walk to the convention center main entrance than the Embassy lobby

A friend recommended staying at Aloft. Hyatt looks much closer.

#107 3 years ago

TPF 2017 Special Guest Announcement: Famed pinball artist Greg Freres! Current Art Director at Stern Pinball and co-founder of Whizbang Pinball, Greg is one of the most popular artist in the business! Known for his amazing work on great titles such as Elvira and the Party Monsters, Skateball, The Party Zone, Dr. Dude, Elvira: Scared Stiff, Stern Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons, and so many others, Greg will join pinball designer Dennis Nordman on Saturday for a special forum discussing their work together and visiting with fans and guests!
http://www.texaspinball.com

image (resized).jpeg

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

probably a shorter walk to the convention center main entrance than the Embassy lobby

This may be fairly accurate, but all the rest of us going to bet getting our grub on in the morning on the way through. And our drink on in the evenings.

#109 3 years ago

*hic* yep.... a reason to never schedule your seminar adjacent to Manager's Happy Hour... *hic*

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

TPF 2017 Special Guest Announcement: Famed pinball artist Greg Freres! Current Art Director at Stern Pinball and co-founder of Whizbang Pinball, Greg is one of the most popular artist in the business! Known for his amazing work on great titles such as Elvira and the Party Monsters, Skateball, The Party Zone, Dr. Dude, Elvira: Scared Stiff, Stern Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons, and so many others, Greg will join pinball designer Dennis Nordman on Saturday for a special forum discussing their work together and visiting with fans and guests!
http://www.texaspinball.com

Any chance he's got NOS Party Zone ramps laying around his garage? I could use a set...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#111 3 years ago

When you hear the name Elvira, only one person comes to mind...

Horror icon and quintessential symbol of all things spooky, the one and only Mistress of the Dark. Played by actress/writer Cassandra Peterson, Elvira has carved out a niche in popular culture that is sure to endure for decades to come.

We’re excited to announce that Cassandra Peterson will be appearing, as herself, at the 2017 Texas Pinball Festival! Ms. Peterson will join pinball designer Dennis Nordman and artist Greg Freres in a special forum on Saturday discussing their work together on “Elvira and the Party Monsters” and “Scared Stiff”. This marks the first time ever that Dennis, Greg and Cassandra will sit on a panel together to reminisce and answer questions. DO NOT MISS IT!

View more at: http://texaspinball.com/tpf/unpleasant-dreams/

image.jpeg

#112 3 years ago

YES! Let the game 3 rumors begin!!!

-Jeff

#113 3 years ago

Well......that was REALLY unexpected.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

When you hear the name Elvira, only one person comes to mind...
Horror icon and quintessential symbol of all things spooky, the one and only Mistress of the Dark. Played by actress/writer Cassandra Peterson, Elvira has carved out a niche in popular culture that is sure to endure for decades to come.
We’re excited to announce that Cassandra Peterson will be appearing, as herself, at the 2017 Texas Pinball Festival! Ms. Peterson will join pinball designer Dennis Nordman and artist Greg Freres in a special forum on Saturday discussing their work together on “Elvira and the Party Monsters” and “Scared Stiff”. This marks the first time ever that Dennis, Greg and Cassandra will sit on a panel together to reminisce and answer questions. DO NOT MISS IT!
View more at: http://texaspinball.com/tpf/unpleasant-dreams/

hubba hubba going to be a great time (as usual)

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

YES! Let the game 3 rumors begin!!!
-Jeff

Did you miss the memo ?

#116 3 years ago

!!!!! 128 days to TPF 2017 !!!!!

128 is 127+1 and 1 less than 129. It's like Magic

128 is the seventh power of 2. It is the largest number which cannot be expressed as the sum of any number of distinct squares.
It is divisible by the total number of its divisors, making it a refactorable number.

The sum of Euler's totient function φ(x) over the first twenty integers is 128.

128 can be expressed by a combination of its digits with mathematical operators thus 128 = 28 - 1, making it a Friedman number in base 10.

A hepteract has 128 vertices.

128 is the only 3-digit number that is a 7th power (27).

Code 128 is a Uniform Symbology Specification (USS Code 128) alphanumeric bar code that encodes text, numbers, numerous functions, and designed to encode all 128 ASCII characters (ASCII 0 to ASCII 127), as used in the shipping industry.

128-bit key size encryption for secure communications over the Internet.
IPv6 uses 128-bit (16-byte) addresses.

Atari 2600 consoles have 128 bytes of memory.

Commodore 128 home/personal computer which had a 128 KB of memory released in 1985.

Super Mario 128 is a cancelled Nintendo game, though many elements were included in Super Mario Galaxy and Pikmin.

128 Nemesis is a main belt asteroid.

The atomic number of unbioctium, an element yet to be discovered.

Most modern house music is in tempo of 128 beats (quarters) per minute

...it was meant to be, see now you have to go !

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

!!!!! 128 days to TPF 2017 !!!!! .......

Back away from the cough syrup... slowly... slowly... that's it.

Hmm.. a thread generating this much energy about an event is awesome!
I really have to check TPF out.... when is it??

Oh, right... "The sum of Euler's totient function φ(x) over the first twenty integers" days away!
faz

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...it was meant to be, see now you have to go !

But 128 is sooooo yesterday - did you know that today you can get a room in Frisco during TPF weekend for $127 a night?

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 7.28.25 AM (resized).png

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

But 128 is sooooo yesterday - did you know that today you can get a room in Frisco during TPF weekend for $127 a night?

-Rob

cosmic !!

#120 3 years ago

Titan Pinball will be there with our blacklight AFM and our GB premium!

Pre-order is set up on titanpinball.com if anyone wants to place an order to pick up at the show and save on the shipping.

We'll be there with a complete line of pretty much everything we sell and a few new items.
- EVERY silicone ring size and color we currently stock
- Star posts
- Nut drivers, magnetic tools, Tilt-O-Meters
- Little box of calm hardware assortments
- Lockdown receiver finisher decals for W/B, Sys11, Data east, Stern
- Corner protector washers
- Flipper button protectors
- Sprayway glass cleaner, microfiber towels, Novus
- Shiny and regular Pinballs
- A few thousand LEDs!
- New! Titan Pinball T-shirts! Black, Navy, Dark Gray, Kids Bright Blue
- Our brand new super squishy, anti-fatigue Pinmats! (not for sale online yet)
- Who knows what else by March!

IMG_2792 (resized).JPG

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Pre-order is set up on titanpinball.com if anyone wants to place an order to pick up at the show and save on the shipping.
We'll be there with a complete line of pretty much everything we sell and a few new items.
- Star posts
- A few thousand LEDs!

i stood on that at the houston show. omg... like floating in space. super nice

#122 3 years ago

Man! I can't believe I missed you again! I didn't get a chance to meet you at TPF last year either... I was looking for Tigerlaw too.... Next year at Houston we need to do a Pinside meetup like at TPF...

#123 3 years ago

I registered yesterday. This would be my first TPF. Every year I say, "next year." About time I put an end to having to say that.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

- Star posts
- A few thousand LEDs!

Do you know the price, yet, of the Pinmats? Those look great!

#125 3 years ago

The initial run is selling for $99. I hope to get the price down a little bit as I will order a larger quantity next go round...

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

!!!!! 128 days to TPF 2017 !!!!!

Quoted from pinball_faz:

I really have to check TPF out.... when is it??

Oh, right... "The sum of Euler's totient function φ(x) over the first twenty integers" days away!

Now just $7F days away!

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Now just $7F days away!

exactamundo

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I registered yesterday. This would be my first TPF. Every year I say, "next year." About time I put an end to having to say that.

You are in for a treat. Great show!

#129 3 years ago

We’re excited to announce that famed pinball designer and Product Development Chief at Stern Pinball Inc., George Gomez returns to the Texas Pinball Festival in 2017. Read full article here:

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/holy-pinball-batman-its-george-gomez/

image (resized).jpeg

#130 3 years ago

#131 3 years ago

I figured I'd buy my weekend pass and went browsing for flights. Found a killer deal on Delta so snagged that too! Best show there is. -#beerpolice

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Best show there is. -#beerpolice

Beerpolice dude caught me one time this past TPF with a beer.
We should all remember to not walk around with a beer when the bar or mini-bar is not yet open.

#133 3 years ago

Going to the show for the third straight year. Hope you are not paying Gomez anything for showing up to talk about his $15k worth of bullshit he is selling.

#134 3 years ago

Overheard at the Houston show earlier this month - "Where in the hell is everyone getting their beers at? The bar doesn't even open for two more hours!"

Looking forward to TPF as always. With a little luck, EBD and SI will be completed and back along with the Acrylic pin and the Acrylic Bingo.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Overheard at the Houston show earlier this month - "Where in the hell is everyone getting their beers at? The bar doesn't even open for two more hours!"

From the Pinemont Grocery up the street looking over both shoulders!

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

We should all remember to not walk around with a beer when the bar or mini-bar is not yet open.

.....??? Is this actually a thing?

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Acrylic Bingo.

Guess we know who's not winning any prizes this year.... yep, it's me.

#138 3 years ago

Last year at TPF the beer police confiscated beer that people kept in their coolers overnight. True story.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Last year at TPF the beer police confiscated beer that people kept in their coolers overnight. True story.

I wasn't there, but that's f--k'ed up. What are they going to do, confiscate a flask that's in my pocket or around my neck too? Extract it directly from my bloodstream if I had it in my room? lol...

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Maybe a TPF edition of this:
https://www.bottlekeeper.com
is needed?

Nice hidden referral link, John. =P

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nice hidden referral link, John. =P

no. not at all.
Why would I offer someone 10% off? That's not like me at all!
TBH; don't really have a dog in the fight - as I don't drink alcohol. I just know some people need to camouflage their stuff.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

PRO TIP: If you're buying your own, make sure they sell that brand at the hotel bar concession.

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

With a little luck, EBD and SI will be completed and back along with the Acrylic pin and the Acrylic Bingo

Looking forward to seeing the Acrylic pin ... a few days ago, my wife asked "will that clear pinball be there?"

Shes on to it!

rd

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I made a game of it last year and whenever that hotel girl caught me with an IPA I just pounded it. Fun drinking game!

As stated bring Miller Lite bottles that they sell also and you should be good.

#146 3 years ago

I'm just hoping nobody barfs on a game this year. My friend's Shadow got splatted @ TPF2014 by some idiots that couldn't handle the free drinks.

#147 3 years ago

I plan to bring the following:

Bally Capersville
Bally Four Million B.C.
Bally Gator
Bally Rocket III
Bally Wiggler

That's right. Zip-apolooza

Marcus

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm just hoping nobody barfs on a game this year. My friend's Shadow got splatted @ TPF2014 by some idiots that couldn't handle the free drinks.

Free drinks you say?

Free drinks? Tell me more!

rd.

#149 3 years ago

We will be going to the show next year and likely will be sharing a booth with another vendor. Booked flight, hotel and car over the weekend. It's our first time at TPF and the first time for any show that we will have our mods on display.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Guess we know who's not winning any prizes this year.... yep, it's me.

Meh, its been done before.

Quoted from rotordave:

Looking forward to seeing the Acrylic pin ... a few days ago, my wife asked "will that clear pinball be there?"
Shes on to it!
rd

Loved last years epic road trip thread. I look forward to meeting you and your happy bunch!

Quoted from Xerico:

I plan to bring the following:
Bally Capersville
Bally Four Million B.C.
Bally Gator
Bally Rocket III
Bally Wiggler
That's right. Zip-apolooza
Marcus

That's awesome, baby!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Pflugerville, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside