Topic Stats

• 1,523 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 742 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mall_parking_tix-TPF2017 (resized).jpg
bryan kelly stickers (resized).jpg
IMG_20170325_005037_759 (resized).jpg
BKFC.jpg
20170324_221832 (resized).jpg
20170324_221813 (resized).jpg
BRYAN_KELLY_2 (resized).jpg
20170328_223234 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.
#51 3 years ago

236 days away . . . . . . . . .

cookie-monster-waiting.gif

#52 3 years ago

234... And only 101 days 'till the Houston Arcade Expo!!

1 month later
#53 3 years ago

The #TPF2017 block (and pretty much the rest of the hotel) at the Embassy is sold out! But FEAR NOT! We have a great selection of overflow hotels lined up and waiting to take your reservation (details in article below). We are working toward having show pre-registration open on October 1st.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/the-hotel-is-sold-out/

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

The #TPF2017 block (and pretty much the rest of the hotel) at the Embassy is sold out! But FEAR NOT! We have a great selection of overflow hotels lined up and waiting to take your reservation (details in article below). We are working toward having show pre-registration open on October 1st.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/the-hotel-is-sold-out/

Here you can see just how close the overflow hotels are. In fact, the Hyatt and Hilton Garden are right across the street from the convention center main entrance.

image (resized).png

#55 3 years ago

Only 199 days until TPF 2017!!! Great show every year, I can't wait!

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Only 199 days until TPF 2017!!! Great show every year, I can't wait!

199 bottles of beer on the wall, 199 bottles of beer...

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

199 bottles of beer on the wall, 199 bottles of beer...

Must be cans of PBR, because it's not disappearing fast enough.

#58 3 years ago

Booked a room at the regular AAA rate. Much more for Thursday, but Friday and Saturday weren't too bad.

2 weeks later
#59 3 years ago

We are planning to come from Austria. As we never have been at TPF, is there anything happening before Friday and is the Sunday worth staying the entire day? Have been at Expo in 2014 and Sunday was a big disappointment and we were happy to have booked the flight already Sunday afternoon.

Our plan is to arrive Wednesday evening/Thursday and leave Monday, is this too long based on the experience of the past years?

Thanks!

#60 3 years ago

Show will end Sunday afternoon about 2:30-3:00. The tournaments finish up and there is an awards ceremony (at 2pm) and then everything is shut down. It all has to be packed up and gone by Sunday evening.

You'd be fine flying out Sunday afternoon.

Also, the show doesn't start until Friday at 5pm. That's when the general public can get in. Thursday and Friday before then is all for move in and setup. I doubt there is much for the general public to do on Thursday or Friday before 5pm, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong or things have changed for this year.

#61 3 years ago

If you want the full experience, you'll want to stay through Sunday's closing ceremony which starts at 2:30pm and lasts about an hour or so. Awards are given as well as the big drawing for a new pinball machine. So if you have nothing else planned in the area, I recommend scheduling a return flight Sunday evening. Be sure to give yourself enough time to arrive at the airport at least two hours ahead of departure.

#62 3 years ago

thanks for the info and quick reply, makes planning a lot easier!

#63 3 years ago

If you're arriving Wednesday evening and in the mood for an "arcade preview", you might consider hitting up Dave and Buster's for half-price game night (every Wednesday).

Every once in a while I like to stuff a handful of tokens into the coin pushers and try the many skill-stop games. It's cool that you can drink beer too. Closest thing to Vegas around.

Play them often enough and you might walk away with an iPad. I admit I've done this a couple of times...

#64 3 years ago

Friday eve is pretty busy. Sat is very busy. Sunday is kinda busy.

Its a way different type of convention than expo with 400 games on free play

including early 1930 pre war machines!!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Awards are given as well

I like awards

--Jeff

#65 3 years ago

Lots of things to do in Dallas-Ft Worth. Enjoy the trip!

#66 3 years ago

The 2017 Texas Pinball Festival Pre-Registration is OPEN!
Discount weekend passes are now available!
Register as an Exhibitor and get in FREE!
T-Shirts are printing now and will ship next week!
Tournament information will posted soon!
The countdown begins!
http://texaspinball.com

image (resized).jpeg

#67 3 years ago

Awwwwww yeah!!!! Definately not missing this year!!! my thoughts and prayers go out to the tournament directors.

#68 3 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait. I'm bringing EVERYTHING!!!

#69 3 years ago

Registered to bring my C37 and MM bump.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Awesome! Can't wait. I'm bringing EVERYTHING!!!

Are you bringing everything to the Houston Arcade Expo in Nov?

#71 3 years ago

make sure to book transportation from the airport to the saloon/hotel

TPF2015-coach-1 (resized).jpg

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Are you bringing everything to the Houston Arcade Expo in Nov?

I'm bringing a LOT of rings for sure, shirts, our "Little Box of Calm" Hardware assortments, Tilt-o-Meters, Lock bar finishers and a couple surprises. I'm sure I'll bring some LED's too. I guess that is almost everything!

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I'm bringing a LOT of rings for sure, shirts, our "Little Box of Calm" Hardware assortments, Tilt-o-Meters, Lock bar finishers and a couple surprises. I'm sure I'll bring some LED's too. I guess that is almost everything!

take my...

money (resized).jpg

1 week later
#74 3 years ago

TPF represents at Stern factory tour

image (resized).jpeg

#75 3 years ago

looking forward to my first TPF even more now! with everything being unveiled at expo hoping most if not all these games are there to play

#76 3 years ago

A word from Barenaked Ladies front man Ed Robertson for #TPF2017! Discount weekend passes available now. Support the show by bringing a game and get in FREE!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

A word from Barenaked Ladies front man Ed Robertson for #TPF2017! Discount weekend passes available now. Support the show by bringing a game and get in FREE!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/
» YouTube video

oh snap

#78 3 years ago

Ohhhhhhhh YEAH BABBY!!

#79 3 years ago

First special guest announced!
Famed pinball designer Dennis Nordman is coming to TPF2017! Dennis will co-host a revealing seminar titled: "Another Home Run from Dennis Nordman!" More details coming soon!
http://www.texaspinball.com

image (resized).jpeg

#80 3 years ago

SWEET !!!!
Totally can't wait

5 months away...

yeah-baby-1 (resized).jpg

#81 3 years ago

Getting ready!

IMG_2889 (resized).JPG

#82 3 years ago

Guest Announcement: Mark Ritchie, who is the main feature in the upcoming Pinball Magazine #4, is returning to TPF 2017.

Designer of popular games such as Diner, Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure, Fish Tales, Taxi, Sorcerer (this year's TPF theme), and so many others, Mark will be visiting with show guests and fans all weekend!

http://www.texaspinball.com

image (resized).jpeg

#83 3 years ago

149 days and counting until 2017 TPF!

#84 3 years ago

I hope you mean that you're getting packed up for the Houston Expo in 2 weeks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-houston-arcade-expo-nov-11-12th

#85 3 years ago

I choose both!

#86 3 years ago

Woohoo! Finally made it to the presses. To commemorate this event, the VECTOR Committee plans to field up to twice the number of machines we brought last year.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be sleeping in my workshop...

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I hope you mean that you're getting packed up for the Houston Expo in 2 weeks

Yep. That too!

#89 3 years ago

Giddy up!!

#90 3 years ago

If anybody wants to show off and share their P-ROC project machine (custom game, retheme, extension) at TPF, please contact me. We're known for showing off impressive displays of custom pinball projects at Pinball Expo, and we'd like to give custom machine developers a similar platform at TPF.

We'll have some of the most talented, friendly, and helpful machine developers in the industry in our booth. Come join us!

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#91 3 years ago

History of Pinball booth ready to go. If Vector is gonna double the size we are going to also!

https://Facebook.com/prewarpinball

#92 3 years ago

I'm proud to reveal that KAHR.US Circuits is a gold-level sponsor of TPF in 2017! I couldn't get in the hotel (I'm in the H2 down the street again this year) but I had a great time at the last two shows and I'm looking forward to March already. My little 130x130 pixel graphic was just added to the sponsor section of the Texaspinball.com home page today...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#94 3 years ago

so much exciting news coming out about TPF !!!

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

so much exciting news coming out about TPF !!!

You ain't seen nothing yet!

#96 3 years ago

Give us a good booth location and count Tilt Graphics Inc. in as one of the vendors.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Give us a good booth location and count Tilt Graphics Inc. in as one of the vendors.

at TPF, they are all good locations.

#98 3 years ago

Very excited for the upcoming 2017 show. Pinball Plating and More is a platinum sponsor and we could not be more excited to be involved with one of the best pinball festivals. If anyone has any upcoming projects we can go ahead and get everything coordinated for delivery to the show. Can't wait to see everyone!

Ron Woodard
615-406-0204
orders@pinballplatingandmore.com
www.pinballplatingandmore.com

#99 3 years ago

Hey Woody, you, me, Larry, Greg and Brad should all get booths near each other again like Expo. You guys made Chigago lots of fun.

#100 3 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside