4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,522 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 31.
#751 7 years ago

Attention Exhibitors and Vendors! Please check your email for set-up instructions and information. If you did not receive it, let us know.

IMG_7757 (resized).JPGIMG_7757 (resized).JPG

#752 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll be there in spirit.

Is your wife coming? Need someone to win prizes at the So You Think You Know Pinball quiz

#753 7 years ago

#754 7 years ago

4 days, and then the next day drive to TPF & booth set up.
5 days, and then the next day doors open at TPF.

#755 7 years ago

Man, I so want to go to this show. If I hadn't bought CFTBL and Alien back to back last weekend....

Next year, I am coming to this one. I'm not missing it again.

On a separate note, would anyone be willing to purchase a TAF pinball flyer for me? I can't believe they are $20 on eBay, and of course, I would reimburse the person who snags me one as long as the flyer price is reasonable (read: not $20).

#756 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, I so want to go to this show. If I hadn't bought CFTBL and Alien back to back last weekend....
On a separate note, would anyone be willing to purchase a TAF pinball flyer for me? I can't believe they are $20 on eBay, and of course, I would reimburse the person who snags me one as long as the flyer price is reasonable (read: not $20).

If I see one, I'll be glad to.

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Is your wife coming? Need someone to win prizes at the So You Think You Know Pinball quiz

My wife is a jackass who knows nothing about pinball, yet kept winning (loudly) on every question. I passed along your post to her and she just laughed her ass off. Thanks for making us laugh. Sadly, we won't be there this year. She'll be with me at Allentown and Pintastic, and I'm thinking about doing Expo solo. If you're not at any of those, we look forward to seeing you in Texas next year!

#758 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Yes, and no disgusting massive farts in the e-m section. Two yrs some one cleared the area, sent people gagging and fleeing. Moms were covering their mouth and nose trying to get their children to safety.

I still feel bad about that.

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife is a jackass

Reminds me of the bit where that comedian asks if women can be assholes

#760 7 years ago

Last call if you need to me to bring something for exchange or outright purchase. I will of course be available to haul your orders back home with me for plating if you want to drop them off to save on shipping. Can't wait for the show!

Pinball Plating and More
Ron
615-406-0204
[email protected]
http://www.pinballplatingandmore.com

#761 7 years ago

Just requested my airbnb for Saturday. Was originally only planning on going Saturday but might try and go Sunday too depending on if I can convince my girlfriend.

Quoted from NPO:

Flyer and keychain prices on eBay are insane. I think someone was selling flyers and keychains for $3 each at York pinball show this year!

#762 7 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

Just requested my airbnb for Saturday. Was originally only planning on going Saturday but might try and go Sunday too depending on if I can convince my girlfriend.

Flyer and keychain prices on eBay are insane. I think someone was selling flyers and keychains for $3 each at York pinball show this year!

you need more than 1 day.
there's more to see & do than can be squeezed into the weekend. it really should run all week (hint hint)

#763 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you need more than 1 day.
there's more to see & do than can be squeezed into the weekend. it really should run all week (hint hint)

I agree! Then when it's on my weekend to work, We can still come for part of the show!

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from Elix72:

I agree! Then when it's on my weekend to work, We can still come for part of the show!

exactamundo

#765 7 years ago

!!!!! TPF is THIS WEEK !!!!!

excited-2.gifexcited-2.gif

#766 7 years ago

IMG_7688 (resized).JPGIMG_7688 (resized).JPG

#767 7 years ago

I have a picture of Danni similar to that ... playing Rocky & Bullwinkle in her diapers when she was 2.

12 years later, she's #5 woman in the world. Sweet.

rd

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

12 years later, she's #5 woman in the world. Sweet.

That is so cool Dave. Is it cheesy to say pinball is one of the few things that has spanned the generations?

001_edited (resized).jpg001_edited (resized).jpg

Yeah, that's me playing with my dad, brother and granddad watching....

IMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1758 (resized).JPG

And my son...

#769 7 years ago

Looking for backglasses for:
1974 Williams Dealer's Choice, and
1979 Bally's Supersonic

Will be at TPF 2017. Anyone...anyone...??

#770 7 years ago

I have an extra room booked for TPF.
Let me know if you need one.
Embassy Suites by Hilton March 23rd to 27th

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Jared ( https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jared ) was looking for a room. Unsure if he's found one yet or not - and the link pinsiders using their username doesn't show his name in the list. He's pretty hard to miss, Jared Guynes on Facebook with the certified genuine blue check next to his name. I'll shoot him a pm to your post, too.

#772 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

PM sent

#773 7 years ago

excited-3-tpf-omg-1.gifexcited-3-tpf-omg-1.gif

#774 7 years ago

Very excited! We are driving from central Florida to see the Spooky game 3 announcement in person! Can't wait!!!

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Room is gone to pinsider Pickle (Robert)

#776 7 years ago

Dang. I missed it.. Congrats to Robert. .. If anyone else is NOT going and has extra room. Let me know . THX... Nick.

#777 7 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Dang. I missed it.. Congrats to Robert. .. If anyone else is NOT going and has extra room. Let me know . THX... Nick.

Have you tried getting a room at Hyatt House Frisco? link

#778 7 years ago

My 2 year restoration of Congo is finally complete and ready for TPF!

See you there!

IMG_3459 (resized).JPGIMG_3459 (resized).JPG

IMG_3462 (resized).JPGIMG_3462 (resized).JPG

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

See you there!

The same heero-glypics over and over. But what do they mean?

#780 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

The same heero-glypics over and over. But what do they mean?

Apparently they mean "You will spends years restoring this game!"

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

See you there!

This has to be one of, if not the nicest Congo's in existence. True collector quality! Nice work bro, look out HEP

#782 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

See you there!

Sweet, I'm gonna FRX that up.

#783 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

This has to be one of, if not the nicest Congo's in existence. True collector quality! Nice work bro, look out HEP

Don't get carried away!

#784 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Don't get carried away!

#785 7 years ago

SOOOO DANG CLOSE !!!!!

excited-4-quorra-tpf-2017.gifexcited-4-quorra-tpf-2017.gif

#786 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm that they will be selling tickets at the door? I know that the website list prices when purchased at the door but I was worried about them selling out. Has this ever been an issue in the past? Thank you!

#787 7 years ago

I don't think they have every had a sellout situtation.
I'm sure there is a fire marshall limit... but doubt it's ever been hit

#788 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't think they have every had a sellout situtation.
I'm sure there is a fire marshall limit... but doubt it's ever been hit

Thank you!

#789 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Room is gone to pinsider Pickle (Robert)

Thank you very much! I was late deciding if I wanted to go....had a room at the Hilton Garden...but this is much better for sure.

#790 7 years ago

Were they able to lineup any video streamers for the sessions? Us poor long distance folks need our fix too

#791 7 years ago

ohhhh it's ON !!!

elvira-tpf-2017-1 (resized).jpgelvira-tpf-2017-1 (resized).jpg

#792 7 years ago

Only 2 days of work until TPF!!!!!!

#794 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Have you tried getting a room at Hyatt House Frisco? link

We booked there 3 weeks ago and got the TPS group code rate. It appears to be directly across the street from the convention center side of the Embassy. So if that's as close as I can get, Ill take it!

-Steve

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeForNostalgia:

Very excited! We are driving from central Florida to see the Spooky game 3 announcement in person! Can't wait!!!

Ummmmm ... that's not happening.

The game they are bringing is Jetsons. Which isn't a "Spooky" game as such.

Reference: Spooky podcast.

rd

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Good morning Pinsiders. Anything interesting going on in here lately?!
I have been going back and forth with Nic from The Pinball Company the last few days on feelings we all have on The Jetsons... and how to make this a better product. Trust me, Nic is a stand up guy... he has heard your voices, and we ALL want this to be right.
Bottom line is making any game in limited numbers like this is expensive. When you add the natural "less is more" costs of parts, metal, employees, licensing, etc etc... this game is NOT where it should be in price. Please understand THIS IS MY OPINION... doesn't mean I speak for anyone else.
Jetsons from day 1 was designed by The Pinball Company as a simple fun game that is easy to understand... Jon Chad did a FANTASTIC job on the art package! Not every game needs to be LOTR deep in rules. New players and kids are going to LOVE the game Dan & Nathan Goett came up with.
Having said all this... after talking to Nic, he has agreed to let Spooky make some changes on this. The Pinball Company is allowing us some extra room in the build costs, and we're going to make the MOST OF IT! While it's not "our" game, it's still made here, and both Nic and I want to see this be as GOOD as it can be for The Pinball Company, Spooky Pinball LLC, and everyone who would like to own this game.
So what does this mean? It means that the first 250 Jetsons games will be a flat $5,999... no price increases. It means that when we show up with this game at the Texas Pinball Festival and it sits PROUDLY in the Spooky Pinball booth, it will be what The Pinball Company intended their first game to be, but also more than you've seen to date... so stay tuned.
The fact that Nic and The Pinball Company let me come on here, make this statement, and agreed to let us help make their game BETTER than what you've seen at THEIR expense... tells you all you should need to know about their business and the type of people they are. We're very proud to have this association with everyone at The Pinball Company. We're helping them take steps to grow their business, and the work they've provided has certainly helped grow ours... again, all the risk is on us, not the consumer, and we're proud of that.
We'll see you in Texas and MGC with the results. You like what you see, call Nic and Brooke at The Pinball Company and get a game... or KT will be in the booth and can take your order as well.
Thanks for reading.
Charlie

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

I'm over at Hyatt House, we met at Chad Keller's a few year's back! You should go!

#798 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ummmmm ... that's not happening.
The game they are bringing is Jetsons. Which isn't a "Spooky" game as such.
Reference: Spooky podcast.
rd

.?.???

Ithought they were announcing?

#799 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

.?.???
Ithought they were announcing?

Announcing game #3, yes. Bringing game #3, no.

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

We booked there 3 weeks ago and got the TPS group code rate. It appears to be directly across the street from the convention center side of the Embassy. So if that's as close as I can get, Ill take it!

-Steve

Quoted from caldwert:

I'm over at Hyatt House, we met at Chad Keller's a few year's back! You should go!

I'm at Hyatt House too - it's very walkable across the intersection to the convention center. Last year I crossed the street several times on foot going to the 7-11 for drinks, bites to eat, etc.

Got my "your trip is coming up" email from Southwest yesterday - kinda wishing I booked an earlier flight since I don't land until 1:45 PM, but it'll have to do. Such a great show - can't wait to get there!

-Rob
-visit me at TPF! or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 39.00
7,057 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 210.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 1,522 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-texas-pinball-festival/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.