Topic Stats

• 1,523 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 742 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mall_parking_tix-TPF2017 (resized).jpg
bryan kelly stickers (resized).jpg
IMG_20170325_005037_759 (resized).jpg
BKFC.jpg
20170324_221832 (resized).jpg
20170324_221813 (resized).jpg
BRYAN_KELLY_2 (resized).jpg
20170328_223234 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.
#701 2 years ago

Those wood Backbox Mets are game by game with room. I've got mirror blades on my LE with plenty of room but I've seen several like Frax's that are real tight. Looking forward to seeing how it looks.

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I've seen several like Frax's that are real tight. Looking forward to seeing how it looks.

My Star Trek LE is also real tight.. My poor Pinblades are getting kind of embarrassing. I have replacements; but won't install them until the current ones are really trashed.

#703 2 years ago

Printing Pinside badge. ed_in_texas Will the TPF badges be horizontal or vertical?

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Will the TPF badges be horizontal or vertical?

Depends on how much you've had to drink.

LTG : )

#705 2 years ago

No WPT, no Carribean Cruise, no Night Moves... WORST TPF EVER. COME ON PEOPLE!

#706 2 years ago

I wanted to give another restaurant suggestion for those coming in from out of town with young children.
Living here in the Dallas area since 1977 we went to a restaurant today that I haven't been to in about 5 years, The Magic Time Machine.

The Magic Time Machine is located in Addison. It's located right off the North Dallas Tollway at Beltline just a mere 15 minutes south of the Embassy Suites in Frisco.
This unique restaurant is not a chain and has been open as long as we've lived here in Texas. Heck I remember going here as a kid. I will say me and my wife were quite impressed with our experience today as we're our kids without a doubt. The food was very good, moderately priced and even for a Sunday afternoon they were very busy.

What makes this restaurant so unique is that it was formerly the Addison Public school many years ago then years later converted into a restaurant. The seating areas throughout the restaurant are themed differently (i.e. The Christmas room, Halloween room, the crayon box, the valentines booth, the Big Chief Note Pad booth, the NASA space capsule, etc.). In addition the wait staff dresses up as famous characters and play along with the children and sign autographs for guests. All meals include a trip to the Salad "Car".
We were waited on by the guy from the video game Assasin's Creed however I'm not familiar with the game but he was very entertaining.
Anyhow... I highly recommend this unique restaurant if coming to Dallas for the TPF with your kiddos as I'm sure they'll never forget it.

IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
IMG_0010 (resized).JPG
IMG_0013 (resized).JPG
IMG_0011 (resized).JPG
IMG_0015 (resized).JPG

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Speaking of beer, Craig are you bringing ice cold beer? Love that one... and No, I'm not riding in the elevator with you LOL

Hmmm, I didnt intend to bring my Ice Cold Beer game this year.
Now you have me thinkin' about it.

#708 2 years ago

How fun... it's so old school, literally. I've never been there before despite growing up in Dallas. It is one of the only places left I can think of which is classic Dallas family entertainment. No video games, no surround-sound movie sensory overload... just close-up w/people and decorations. So many are gone now... Crystals, Showbiz Pizza, Penny Whistle Park... all victims of the technology and stay-at-home cocooning phase which started in the (very) early 90's. So glad to see this kind of thing still exists. *sniff*

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For parking - You can always park across the street at the mall. If the weather is nice that's a good option if you don't want to pay for parking.
I could have sworn it was free WiFi but that may only be for quest. If that is the case I'm sure someone will help you out but if you are a vendor I would suggest you look into a mobile hotspot. That way you never have to worry about connections again no matter your location (as long as you get cell signal).

There's Hilton Honors wifi in the hotel lobby/rooms (free if Hilton Honors member), it's doesn't make it all the way to the conference center. The conference center is an exhibit hall and charges us for wifi connections. They are dedicated $50 for 2MB up/down for the weekend and $150 for 5MB up/down for the weekend in advance per device. If you need one send your request to info@texaspinball.com and we will send you an paypal invoice.

#710 2 years ago

$50... per device... for three days? Fiends!!

#712 2 years ago

A day without a post? That's not right...

10 DAYS!!!

#713 2 years ago

10 DAYS!!!

sorry have been at SXSW for like 18 hours a day this week...

8 days 'till load in day on Thursday, Mar 23.
9 days of anticipation before doors open on Friday, Mar 24.

time for the monthly shower and shave down before TPF.

40year (resized).jpg

#714 2 years ago

10 DAYS!!!

I would like to buy a couple of your Pinmats at the show. Will you have plenty on-hand or should I order from your website? Thanks.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I would like to buy a couple of your Pinmats at the show. Will you have plenty on-hand or should I order from your website? Thanks.

Same, though I can't take them on the plane. (Hoping to buy some mats and have them shipped)

#716 2 years ago

I have a pin I need hauled! Would anyone near Fremont, CA happen to be crazy enough to be driving to TPF? I'll pay handsomely!

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I'll have so many there we might have to call it "Texas Pinmat Fesitival"

#718 2 years ago

Chicago Gaming has unveiled Attack from Mars Remake in 3 versions: Classic Edition, Special Edition, and Limited Edition! Come play it at the FUN! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore booth at TPF2017!

IMG_0023 (resized).JPG

IMG_0028 (resized).JPG

IMG_0024 (resized).JPG

IMG_0029 (resized).JPG

IMG_0031 (resized).JPG

IMG_0030 (resized).JPG

IMG_0033 (resized).JPG

IMG_0035 (resized).JPG

IMG_0032 (resized).JPG

IMG_0034 (resized).JPG

IMG_0039 (resized).JPG

IMG_0036 (resized).JPG

#719 2 years ago

Wow that topper is awesome and love the huge color DMD. Looks great!

#720 2 years ago

Really? Getting dinged for modding a quote to make it funny is such a lame rule on here. You guys know this is his wife right? This is such an un-forum like rule as it's literally done on every other single forum I've ever been on.

no fun league (resized).png

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Really? Getting dinged for modding a quote to make it funny is such a lame rule on here. You guys know this is his wife right? This is such an un-forum like rule as it's literally done on every other single forum I've ever been on.

From the rules, which includes a reason why it is in place:

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

Altering Quotes: Please to not modify the words that others have written when using the quote feature. This is sometimes done in a light-hearted fun manner (such as a "FIFY" joke), but sometimes it is done maliciously. In either case, it still mis-represents what someone has said and can be misleading to others, since not everyone will realize that the quote was altered, and the author of the quote may not appreciate the changes that were made. It is still ok to quote a specific portion of an author's post, as long as the author's original words remain intact.

#722 2 years ago

Last post 23 hours ago with only 8 days to go? Looking forward to a great show...Look for us next to the Mezel booth....just about all our mods will be on display.

20161204_190203 (resized).jpg

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

All,
This week I announced new monitoring indications in the Pro version of my WPC Power Fix Daughterboard (details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-new-product-to-help-resolve-resets-in-wpc-era-games/page/9#post-3519493). I also noted that 2016 Edition Pro Daughterboards can be upgraded with the new monitoring software at shows I attend (3 posts later in that thread). So, if you are coming to Texas and bought a Pro in 2016, bring it to my booth for the upgrade! If you bought one and aren't planning to come to Texas, perhaps this is another piece of evidence to help change your mind? See you there...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

Just a quick reminder to bring your 2016 edition Pro daughterboards if you want the $10 upgrade to the 2017 monitoring software.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#724 2 years ago

Exclusive offer for TPF2017 attendees! 50% off and a free ride to the National Videogame Museum! On Saturday, March 25th and Sunday, March 26th, show your TPF wristband and visit the NVM for just $6! That's 50% off the regular $12 price! Also on Saturday only, from noon until 8pm, the NVM will provide a FREE shuttle from TPF to the NVM. The shuttle will run 2-3 times every hour with the last shuttle returning at 7:45pm. The NVM is only 4.3 miles from TPF.
Visit http://nvmusa.org for more information on the NVM!

IMG_7702 (resized).JPG

IMG_7699 (resized).JPG

IMG_7701 (resized).JPG

IMG_7703 (resized).JPG

#725 2 years ago

My restored Bally Atlantis is now registered. As long as my wife doesn't slam her leg into a ball hitch again and gets admitted to the hospital It will make it there!

13423794_10154973890433677_5632092043913909139_n (resized).jpg

13413770_10154973887133677_3132013698193267398_n (resized).jpg

#727 2 years ago

TPF and Show Etiquette 101

Texas is home to the most polite and friendly folks around, but just as a reminder, here’s a little pinball and show etiquette:

Please do not kick or hit the machines. This is usually a non-issue, but we always like to remind folks to treat the games as if they were their own. The game owners will appreciate this.

Please do not put drinks or food on the games, and please wash your hands after eating that big bowl of Texas nachos. Trash cans are accessible throughout the game room and beverage holders are available on many of the games.

We love seeing kids at the show. Often times they have never seen a pinball machine and we encourage parents to teach them, but smaller kids should be accompanied by an adult at all times.

Share that great game. If you notice someone waiting to play the game you are playing, please allow them to play when your game is finished. Better yet, challenge them to a multiplayer game. It’s more fun to compete!

Please make sure to wear your Texas Pinball Festival wrist band on your wrist at all times. It’s the only way we know what your security clearance is (we wanted to do retina scanning, but it was too expensive). If you have a problem with your wrist band, go to the registration table for assistance.

And finally, keep in mind the folks that put on the TPF are hobbyists (like many of you) and volunteers. This is not our primary business. Please be patient. We are working hard to make it a great show for everyone.

IMG_7716.JPG

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

TPF and Show Etiquette 101
Texas is home to the most polite and friendly folks around, but just as a reminder, here’s a little pinball and show etiquette:
Please do not kick or hit the machines. This is usually a non-issue, but we always like to remind folks to treat the games as if they were their own. The game owners will appreciate this.
Please do not put drinks or food on the games, and please wash your hands after eating that big bowl of Texas nachos. Trash cans are accessible throughout the game room and beverage holders are available on many of the games.
We love seeing kids at the show. Often times they have never seen a pinball machine and we encourage parents to teach them, but smaller kids should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Share that great game. If you notice someone waiting to play the game you are playing, please allow them to play when your game is finished. Better yet, challenge them to a multiplayer game. It’s more fun to compete!
Please make sure to wear your Texas Pinball Festival wrist band on your wrist at all times. It’s the only way we know what your security clearance is (we wanted to do retina scanning, but it was too expensive). If you have a problem with your wrist band, go to the registration table for assistance.
And finally, keep in mind the folks that put on the TPF are hobbyists (like many of you) and volunteers. This is not our primary business. Please be patient. We are working hard to make it a great show for everyone.

Also... please bathe and use deodorant. I doubt Pinsiders have a problem with this... but my experience with conventions says there will be some "rank" there.

#729 2 years ago

Yes, and no disgusting massive farts in the e-m section. Two yrs some one cleared the area, sent people gagging and fleeing. Moms were covering their mouth and nose trying to get their children to safety.

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

She deserved it. I got whacked for the exact same thing a few months ago and told her all about it lol. I didn't report her.

It's a goofy rule but I can also understand why it's there in a community less likely to use it for fun and more likely to use it as an attack, which means we all get to abide by it. If that's my worst nitpick about Pinside....I'd just stay off the Internet as a whole lol

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Share that great game. If you notice someone waiting to play the game you are playing, please allow them to play when your game is finished. Better yet, challenge them to a multiplayer game.

I was playing that sweet CCC last year and having an epic game. Turned around and saw the annoyed faces in line behind me and felt really guilty about it. I think I just punted on the last ball or two because I didn't want a "Texas Incident."

But yeah...I agree with all of what you said. Just sucks when people are waiting behind you...

#732 2 years ago

Months ago i was supposed to be on call next weekend but now i find out i'm off next weekend so i tried see about rooms way sold out. Next year def going.

#733 2 years ago

5 days to load-in
6 days to TPF open doors !!!!!!

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

was supposed to be on call next weekend but now i find out i'm off

identical situation but . . . picked a different hotel. Don't miss out!

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Months ago i was supposed to be on call next weekend but now i find out i'm off next weekend so i tried see about rooms way sold out. Next year def going.

There are several hotels within a block of the convention.

#736 2 years ago

I booked a room at the Weston 5 miles away, because the quality of the rooms seemed comparable to the convention center hotel.

#737 2 years ago

Don't miss it. I have a feeling this will be the best year yet for TPF. Major confluence of unique guests, games, and events.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Thank you. <3 I made the same point to Marcus the other night, but his answer was it's Robin's board and his rules. Just because a tiny group of jackasses (am I allowed to say that?) decided to make life hard for the moderators in a couple of threads and a tiny group of people couldn't be arsed to verify the source post before whinging about it...

*shrug* Point was made. I got my laugh, which is all I cared about. No worries.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

5 days to load-in
6 days to TPF open doors !!!!!!

From this:

Booth in my basement

to this:

Booth packed in luggage

I am packed and ready to roll. Really pleased it is all going to fit in the luggage I check on the plane - nothing needed shipped!

I will also have a very limited supply of WPC Power Fix T-shirts in the suitcase - stop by early if you want to consider one.

-Rob

#740 2 years ago

Man, labnip's gotta be running laps right now I'll bet he's just giddy as hell

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Yes, and no disgusting massive farts in the e-m section. Two yrs some one cleared the area

Yeah man, you gotta watch those EM guys.

Fart city.

rd

#743 2 years ago

Farts don't matter in the Vector booth. They get annihilated by the overpowering perfume of fresh paint and varnish. Mmm-mmm!!!

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

From this:

to this:

I am packed and ready to roll. Really pleased it is all going to fit in the luggage I check on the plane - nothing needed shipped!
I will also have a very limited supply of WPC Power Fix T-shirts in the suitcase - stop by early if you want to consider one.
-Rob

excellent.

i'm all packed too. ( since last TPF )
have a booth this year.

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Farts don't matter in the Vector booth. They get annihilated by the overpowering perfume of fresh paint and varnish. Mmm-mmm!!!

This is true. We're double-doubling down on customs this year. One becomes four!

Two arcades... and two pins. You'll just have to come over to our booth to see the pins.

quad (resized).jpg

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

This is true. We're double-doubling down on customs this year. One becomes four!
Two arcades... and two pins. You'll just have to come over to our booth to see the pins.

I'll be there in spirit. But to recreate the experience, I'll take a walk to my garage, rip a juicy one, spray a puff of Krylon, and take a whiff.

It'll be just like being there...

EDIT: And can somebody give Labnip and NicoVolta a big hug for me when you see them? They were so good to me when I was there last year...

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

I booked a room at the Weston 5 miles away, because the quality of the rooms seemed comparable to the convention center hotel.

whats the hotel info ? all links they had were full

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Looking at hotels.com, the Aloft Frisco has a room Friday and Saturday night for $84 per night... It's a walk to the show from there. From Baltimore Southwest has direct flights (I'm flying via Baltimore this year)

-Rob

#749 2 years ago

STNG packed with PinArmor and is ready.
Next up ... DE Star Trek followed by Bally Star Trek.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

http://www.westinstonebriar.com/

More expensive than most the ones listed in thread. I don't go on trips at all very often, so I prefer places that are nice enough that they feel like a treat lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Pflugerville, TX
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside