Topic Stats

• 1,523 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 742 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mall_parking_tix-TPF2017 (resized).jpg
bryan kelly stickers (resized).jpg
IMG_20170325_005037_759 (resized).jpg
BKFC.jpg
20170324_221832 (resized).jpg
20170324_221813 (resized).jpg
BRYAN_KELLY_2 (resized).jpg
20170328_223234 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 31.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

This will be my first year going to TPF, very excited. Does anyone have any advise for payment methods accepted by vendors or carrying cash?

credit cards & cash

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

One thing I've never been accused of is having a girly touch.

don't be so modest hamburgler

#603 2 years ago

Now that is one FINE looking machine in that picture!!

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

don't be so modest hamburgler

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Now that is one FINE looking machine in that picture!!

No bias at all, right?

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Really want to buy a Fireball 2 while I'm in Texas....let me know if you have one....also, I noticed there is one on Dallas Craigslist if anyone wants to help a guy out.

CL ad must have been a deal. I cannot find it.

I'll ask around and see if there are any available for sale in our local group.

Marcus

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

CL ad must have been a deal. I cannot find it.
I'll ask around and see if there are any available for sale in our local group.
Marcus

I still see the ad. Only the one picture and says it will not turn on. Probably just a fuse

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from OpSteel:

I still see the ad. Only the one picture and says it will not turn on. Probably just a fuse

I see it now. $500 for a Fireball II is not bad. Spend $300 in boards, and you have a nice working FB II for $800. Not bad at all.

Marcus

#608 2 years ago

Welp labnip & others... this TPF has gotta be epic. I expect the usual stuff (great pinball, etc). Can't wait to see the new games--esp. homebrew stuff!

In addition, I expect at least one drunken episode, one embarrassing episode (can in fact be the same episode) and lots of laughs. A small SL crew is coming so I know at least Lee and Jeff are down for some shenanigans (Well, Lee will be... not sure if Jeff will let his hair down )

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from OpSteel:

IMG_8856 (resized).JPG

#610 2 years ago

I replied to the CL ad for the Fireball II about 2 hours after it was posted requesting general information and some additional photos. I have not gotten a response back.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Welp labnip & others... this TPF has gotta be epic. I expect the usual stuff (great pinball, etc). Can't wait to see the new games--esp. homebrew stuff!
In addition, I expect at least one drunken episode, one embarrassing episode (can in fact be the same episode) and lots of laughs. A small SL crew is coming so I know at least Lee and Jeff are down for some shenanigans (Well, Lee will be... not sure if Jeff will let his hair down )

My first goal would be to not get eaten by Rob Anthony's dog Taro.

#613 2 years ago

tic toc

my mind won't stop

17 days

until the TPF rock

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Johnson Space Center. It's awesome!

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Stop at The Game Preserve in Spring and Bucees in Madisonville on your way up 45. Get the Hill Country Bohemian Garlic Beef Jerky at Bucees to live on all weekend!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions. Adding them on to the list with The Alamo, the abandoned Trail Drive-In, galaxy drive-in, dinosaur valley state park, Hamilton pool, and dr. Pepper museum. If anyone else has any must stops let me know!

#615 2 years ago

LOL...that's awesome. I wish I hadn't lost the source files for this...

052b6a8f145c447d2633484218c5f0f72c24d3ba (resized).jpg

2f667442d518890c75a7d6aa35f616f15da8a234 (resized).jpg

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

dinosaur valley state park

If you play Ingress or Pokemon Go, you can thank quiddity for the portals and pokestops there...she submitted them originally.

#617 2 years ago

What's with the creepy brown stain at the bottom of that shirt?

#618 2 years ago

16 days

break outta the haze

fix up those games

and watch those prices raise

#619 2 years ago

Anyone know the WiFi deal at the hotel if you aren't staying there? We will have a booth and need wifi to run transactions. Is it free?

Also, hotel site says $10/day parking. Is that right? Is there street parking?

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

What's with the creepy brown stain at the bottom of that shirt?

It's called a "shadow"

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone know the WiFi deal at the hotel if you aren't staying there? We will have a booth and need wifi to run transactions. Is it free?

For parking - You can always park across the street at the mall. If the weather is nice that's a good option if you don't want to pay for parking.

I could have sworn it was free WiFi but that may only be for quest. If that is the case I'm sure someone will help you out but if you are a vendor I would suggest you look into a mobile hotspot. That way you never have to worry about connections again no matter your location (as long as you get cell signal).

#622 2 years ago

jackpotjanet and I will be at TPF for the first time. We won't have a booth, but will be wearing our Comet t-shirts and I'll be playing in the tournament.

FREE DELIVERY at the show for any orders placed before 6am on the Wednesday before the show (the 22nd). Just select "Pickup at Texas Pinball Festival".

FREE COMET T-SHIRT for orders over $100. Put your t-shirt size in the order notes box.

If you challenge me to a game on the floor of the show, and beat me, I'll also give you a t-shirt (while supplies last). No rematches! Also, I insist that we chat while playing...I want to meet folks!

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

If you challenge me to a game on the floor of the show, and beat me, I'll also give you a t-shirt (while supplies last). No rematches! Also, I insist that we chat while playing...I want to meet folks!

*throws down the gauntlet*

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

jackpotjanet and I will be at TPF for the first time. We won't have a booth, but will be wearing our Comet t-shirts and I'll be playing in the tournament.
FREE DELIVERY at the show for any orders placed before 6am on the Wednesday before the show (the 22nd). Just select "Pickup at Texas Pinball Festival".
FREE COMET T-SHIRT for orders over $100. Put your t-shirt size in the order notes box.

Also, Ryan is an expert TX Sector dancer... thats right. He can dance to the music with the best of em. So if TX Sector shows up again this year you should play Ryan on it to maximize your experience.

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You might try asking the folks running the show
We will be emailing all the vendors about available wifi in the show hall when we send out set-up instructions. Parking in parking garage is free for hotel guests. Open parking is free for everyone.

#626 2 years ago

Ed, have you guys defined clear parking for the "delivery trucks/trailers"?
IE is there a defined parking area for those trucks.

This year; I'll be bringing a 24ft truck... so I don't think parking "beside" the parking structure works this time. There is also an issue where I didn't get in early enough (Oct... really) to get in the Embassy.

#627 2 years ago

If you are coming to TPF, please support the TPF vendors and sponsors. They pay good money to bring you their products by buying vendor space, web links, and ads in the show program (which helps pay for this huge show and keeps weekpass pricing for guests low).

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/vendors/vendors2017/

IMG_7570 (resized).PNG

IMG_7569 (resized).PNG

IMG_7568 (resized).PNG

IMG_7567 (resized).PNG

IMG_7566 (resized).PNG

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ed, have you guys defined clear parking for the "delivery trucks/trailers"?
IE is there a defined parking area for those trucks.
This year; I'll be bringing a 24ft truck... so I don't think parking "beside" the parking structure works this time. There is also an issue where I didn't get in early enough (Oct... really) to get in the Embassy.

We have a designated parking area across the street in the mall parking lot for large trucks and trailers. Load in staff will direct you after unloading.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Stop by my booth - I'll trade you a KAHR.US Circuits t-shirt for a Comet t-shirt!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Stop by my booth - I'll trade you a KAHR.US Circuits t-shirt for a Comet t-shirt!

Yes! I should obviously have a shirt, since I have WPC daughterboard in several of my machines.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

If you are coming to TPF, please support the TPF vendors and sponsors. They pay good money to bring you their products by buying vendor space, web links, and ads in the show program (which helps pay for this huge show and keeps weekpass pricing for guests low).
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/vendors/vendors2017/

What he said ^^

#632 2 years ago

We should have a vendor t-shirt swap!

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's called a "shadow"

If you want a "shadow" free one I'm pretty sure I could dupe this.

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

If you want a "shadow" free one I'm pretty sure I could dupe this.

Well....I drew it in paint and then vectorized it myself, so if I wasn't totally f'ing lazy, I could do it just as easily myself. I'm just lamenting the loss of a few hours of work.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

We should have a vendor t-shirt swap!

That would be kinda fun... Based on Ed's post above I think there are more vendors than I have T's. But I'll bring what I can carry (everything I bring has to fit in my two-bag allowance on Southwest) and be ready for a few swaps.

-Rob
-visit me at TPF! or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#636 2 years ago

If anyone has an extra room, at Embassy Suites. Please let me know... Looking for the pinball "rate" of course ..THX Nick.

PM if you can... Trying for Wed or Thur... through Sunday....

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You really should get a hotspot like a MiFi router or something if you are wanting to run credit cards. Don't let your business depend on hotel WiFi (in my experience).

#638 2 years ago

for $500/night, you can sleep in the living room portion of my hotel room at the event.
note: a pinball machine may also be in that space.

PM here.

#639 2 years ago
●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●
•                     •
●   ! 15 days away !  ●
•                     •
●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●
#640 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

a pinball machine may also be in that space.

Oddly enough, my body, when in the fetal position, fits perfectly under a pinball machine.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Oddly enough, my body, when in the fetal position, fits perfectly under a pinball machine.

But if the machine is made of acrylic... people can see you curling up under there...

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

But if the machine is made of acrylic... people can see you curling up under there...

Nothing like distracting a player with my curled up half-naked self. Blame it on the (insert adult beverage here).

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Blame it on the (insert adult beverage here).

Did someone say "adult beverage"? Why yes, I'll have one of those.

15156946_1417840124892904_1159560362120079201_o (resized).jpg

#644 2 years ago

...looking forward to partyin' it up with all y'all. ...and maybe running into this guy again.

IMG_1855 (resized).JPG

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

That would be kinda fun... Based on Ed's post above I think there are more vendors than I have T's. But I'll bring what I can carry (everything I bring has to fit in my two-bag allowance on Southwest) and be ready for a few swaps.
-Rob
-visit me at TPF! or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

If it's cheaper, you could mail it ahead to someone (or the hotel) and just have them bring it to you at the show (or hold it until you check-in). I personally wouldn't mind helping anyone out if they needed, Frax and I live about twenty minutes away from the show and we'll be bringing my car plus a U-Haul. We'll have the room.

#646 2 years ago

You are here by invited to the Baby Pac-Man 2017 TPF Challenge.

Beat my High Score to Date and I will personally buy you a beer or adult beverage of equal value. Must be 21 to play. I will verify your initials against your DL.

Good luck. Haven't played Baby before, prepare to be schooled. Drop targets or it's your ass!

IMG_4919 (resized).JPG
IMG_4923 (resized).JPG

#648 2 years ago

don't let Jeff play !!
he drinks really expensive beer

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

don't let Jeff play !!
he drinks really expensive beer

Oh im in!!!

--Jeff

#650 2 years ago

If I can stop playing Total Annihilation I'll be over for some Baby Pac.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside