4D6B128C-0BB6-42BA-A3B7-7A201122C818 (resized).jpg
IMG_3564 (resized).JPG
WP_20170327_19_53_30_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_21_42_52_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170325_14_57_23_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170324_19_08_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20170326_13_43_16_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,522 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 31.
#451 7 years ago

Box truck - reserved.
Need to get off my arse and start preping machines

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

In case you haven't heard
Appearing together for the first time and only at TPF2017, Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson, Dennis Nordman, Greg Freres will be talking about their work together in a not to be missed panel on Saturday, March 25th at 2pm. Moderated by Charlie Emery! Seating is limited! Complete details at http://www.texaspinball.com

This will be streamed or recorded and uploaded yes?
Need to watch this!

#453 7 years ago

Just a heads up to anyone renting a car to make sure you get the toll pass added to your vehicle not only n saying you want it, but confirming it on receipt also.

Last year I said I made it clear that I did want it added and the person at the counter did not add it on. Cost me 7 X $15 = $105 plus the cost of the tolls. I have always gotten it in the past in places with a lot of tolls. I always got it in Dallas especially, but was in a hurry and never had a problem with my requests not being on there where ever I rented. I should have double checked the reciept, but forgot that time. Doh!

Just a heads up to not lose your beer and mod money over the same mistake.

#454 7 years ago

Toll pass? There is no cash lane at the tolls?

#455 7 years ago

Not always!

I have a toll tag, so I always call NTTA when I have a rental and they switch it over temporarily. Not sure if they can do this for non-tag accounts though.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I did not see any other ways to pay the tolls when I go there. Locals please add info or correct me. Thanks

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No. All tolls in Dallas are automated.

#458 7 years ago

All this talk of tolls and driving makes me wonder...

...if I just fly in to DFW and take a taxi/Uber to the show... will there be any so-called "down time" when someone might need to leave the area? Does the show shut down early or something?

I'd rather just do taxi/Uber to and from the airport, but if there will be a lot of downtime I could get stir crazy without a rental car.

(Or I could just hang with the RotorDave clan like I did two years ago at Lyons during the whole Hearse epic )

#459 7 years ago

How can it be possible? Seems like just a way to tax (heavily) unsuspecting out of staters. Ill be sure to ask the car rental company. Man, and i thought NJ was bad for scamming people.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How can it be possible? Seems like just a way to tax (heavily) unsuspecting out of staters. Ill be sure to ask the car rental company. Man, and i thought NJ was bad for scamming people.

Years ago GF in college lived in NJ and all I remember was stopping to pay a .35 toll every 35 seconds.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

but if there will be a lot of downtime I could get stir crazy without a rental car.

What is this, "down-time" that you speak of?

Quoted from Lermods:

How can it be possible?

It's a scam by the rental car agencies, not the state and yeah it is messed up. We'll hit the big toll road on the way from San Antonio to Dallas and then trip around the whole weekend and we MIGHT get a bill for around $16.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Years ago GF in college lived in NJ and all I remember was stopping to pay a .35 toll every 35 seconds.

Must have been the garden state parkway, those tolls are now much higher than $0.35.

How many tolls are there from dfw to the show? We will be driving there and back one time.

#463 7 years ago

May be worth opening an NTTA or TexTag account. Then add the rental car to the account till you are done and turn the car back in, at that time remove rental off the account. Should be able to use the account each time you visit Texas. This would be the easiest and probably the cheapest way to pay these greedy trolls their money...

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

What is this, "down-time" that you speak of?

I don't know. Maybe you could directly answer my question?

What are the hours of the show? Is it possible out of towners would be left bored for long periods of time? Keep in mind I don't go to bed at 8:30 like some old people

#466 7 years ago

TPF2017 Show Hours
Friday: 5pm - 1am
Saturday: 10am - 12am
Sunday: 9am - 2:30pm

Thanks Lloyd.

I guess unless you arrive before 5pm Friday or aren't leaving until late Sunday there'll be plenty to do. No need to drive anywhere... unless someone wants an early breakfast Sat/Sun at some waffle place.

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

unless someone wants an early breakfast Sat/Sun at some waffle place.

Hotel has a breakfast buffet.

LTG : )

#468 7 years ago

Is it possible to ship privately purchased pins directly from the show? How would one coordinate this?

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I don't know. Maybe you could directly answer my question?

I thought I did! All kidding aside, this will be our sixth TPF, fifth as exhibitors. We arrive after lunch on Thursday and don't stop moving until breakdown is done around 6PM Sunday. Between playing, meeting, greeting, playing, eating, drinking, playing and maybe just possibly sleeping there never seems to be enough time. I gave up on most of the lectures and speakers some time ago because that's when the popular machines get the shortest lines. (One can always find an open machine, though. I don't want to give the impression that it gets overly crowded.) Did I mention happy hour and the swap meet? And the food trucks? And vendors? And playing and meeting and greeting? If it wasn't for inner ear issues and PTSD I would probably never leave the game floor. The venue has lots of nice comfy chairs right outside the doors where one can get some blissful silence and meet new people. There are plenty of places to have a decent dinner within walking distance. I have several old friends in the area so we usually go offsite for dinner, but that's it. Great show, little down time if any. Bring comfortable shoes and say hi when you see me!

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I thought I did! All kidding aside, this will be our sixth TPF, fifth as exhibitors. We arrive after lunch on Thursday and don't stop moving until breakdown is done around 6PM Sunday. Between playing, meeting, greeting, playing, eating, drinking, playing and maybe just possibly sleeping there never seems to be enough time. I gave up on most of the lectures and speakers some time ago because that's when the popular machines get the shortest lines. (One can always find an open machine, though. I don't want to give the impression that it gets overly crowded.) Did I mention happy hour and the swap meet? And the food trucks? And vendors? And playing and meeting and greeting? If it wasn't for inner ear issues and PTSD I would probably never leave the game floor. The venue has lots of nice comfy chairs right outside the doors where one can get some blissful silence and meet new people. There are plenty of places to have a decent dinner within walking distance. I have several old friends in the area so we usually go offsite for dinner, but that's it. Great show, little down time if any. Bring comfortable shoes and say hi when you see me!

Cool! Thanks. Will do.

#471 7 years ago

I wish TPF was officially open Thursday evening-Sunday afternoon. Too much to see... time flies!

Exhibitors get the best experience. With Thursday load-in, it's like getting an extra day.

#472 7 years ago

Are the food trucks scheduled yet?

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I wish TPF was officially open Thursday evening-Sunday afternoon. Too much to see... time flies!
Exhibitors get the best experience. With Thursday load-in, it's like getting an extra day.

Totally agree. Lots of chances to see friends and fellow exhibitors. A very friendly crowd that welcomes an introduction and an offer to lend a hand.

#474 7 years ago

So are there 'tickets' for the forum with Greg, Dennis, and Cassandra, or do you just kind of show up early? I'd like to sit in on that one.

#475 7 years ago

Last year I flew in and rented a car. I did not get the toll pass and just avoided all the toll roads. It took me longer to get to the hotel but I managed without getting any fees.

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

will there be any so-called "down time" when someone might need to leave the area?

No.

#477 7 years ago

Cool. Then all this talk of rental cars and tolls (for people flying in) should be moot... unless people are planning longer stays anyway. Get a cab from the airport. That's what I'm doing.

#478 7 years ago

Supershuttle from DFW Airport or Love Field is also an option (and less expensive than cab fare).

https://www.supershuttle.com/locations/dallas-dfw-dal/

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Supershuttle from DFW Airport or Love Field is also an option (and less expensive than cab fare).
https://www.supershuttle.com/locations/dallas-dfw-dal/

We rented a car, $60 fri-sun all in. Figured that was cheaper than anything else. Think we used alamo.

#480 7 years ago

Edit: Position filled
Attention Streamers/Videographers! The Texas Pinball Festival is seeking a skilled streamer and/or videographer that wants the opportunity to live stream/record the Texas Pinball Festival seminars. This is a great opportunity to really boost your channel viewer and subscribers. TPF can provide a high speed wifi connection (but having a hot spot as a back up is a good idea). We can also discuss you doing some streaming from the show floor if you like, but the seminars is the priority. If you have the equipment and know what you're doing, shoot me a message to discuss.
PS. We already have the tournaments covered

IMG_7198.PNGIMG_7198.PNG

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I wish TPF was officially open Thursday evening-Sunday afternoon

I don't. The weekend is already long enough as an exhibitor.

#482 7 years ago

There is hardly anywhere you go in Dallas/Ft. Worth that REQUIRES you to pay a toll. The toll roads are for speed, not for saving money. Them going fully electronic is a godsend in that department. It reduces crashes because some idiot isn't paying attention and slams into the back of a line of cars, and has allowed them to do some odd things with tolls, like having specific days where you can enter in your tag number in an app or website and get half price or zero tolls.

The rates on the Dallas North Tollway are relatively reasonable, but if you get on the "TEXpress" lanes on 635, especially anytime near rush hour, you better be prepared to clench up. Literally, you can pay anywhere from 1.50 to over 5 bucks to drive....4 or 5 miles. Not kidding. If you have a tag and multiple passengers you can activate high occupancy vehicle pricing for a block of time using the app, and maybe save a tiny bit that way.

#483 7 years ago

I wish TPF lasted all week!!

I wish I could make an ice skating rink out of it in the winter to skate on, then melt in the spring & drink it.

#485 7 years ago

Own a piece of pinball history and help support the IFPA:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/own-a-piece-of-pinball-history-and-support-the-ifpa/

IMG_7090.PNGIMG_7090.PNG

#486 7 years ago

38 days to TPF

#487 7 years ago

Any chance a flipping Magic Girl will make an apearance? See MG thread for latest news...

#488 7 years ago

I just now booked the Hyatt House next door and there was still like 4 rooms left if anybody is looking for something within walking distance to the show.

-Steve

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Any chance a flipping Magic Girl will make an apearance? See MG thread for latest news...

I wouldn't hold my breath, but there's always a chance.

#490 7 years ago

For all of you that enjoy attending TPF or support TPF, please take a few moments to add to the show's prestige and popularity by voting to make the TPF tournament part of the PAPA Circuit: http://papa.org/2017/02/14/2017-18-papa-circuit-tournament-voting/

You have to vote for 3 events, so I'd suggest also voting for Bat City Open (Austin, TX) plus one additional tournament of your choice.
Thanks in advance for your support!

#491 7 years ago

Done! Thanks For the reminder.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

I just now booked the Hyatt House next door and there was still like 4 rooms left if anybody is looking for something within walking distance to the show.
-Steve

Thanks for the tip. Booked one !

#493 7 years ago

there's going to be a lot of latest gossip in person from Dutch Pinball about TBL in a few weeks.

#494 7 years ago

Is the swap meet on Friday morning worth going to?

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

The swap meet is on Saturday morning. There aren't a lot of vendors, but its worth checking out. I did think last year was better than some of the previous years.

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Yeah, but sometimes sleeping wins out after a long night of unspeakable acts

#497 7 years ago

Cool. I thought it was friday. Friday will be rough after driving all night.

#498 7 years ago

Jim Schelberg of PinGame Journal seminar announced! Goodies for everyone!
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pingame-journals-jim-schelberg/

IMG_7253.JPGIMG_7253.JPG

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Yeah, but sometimes sleeping wins out after a long night of unspeakable acts

Oh, you're the chode that vomited on my friend's Shadow, then?

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I really like when shows have them... I walk through it and window shop even though I know I won't find anything that can fly home with me. At shows that are driving distance I usually find something to buy.

-Rob
-visit me at TPF! or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,522 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-texas-pinball-festival/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.