Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 484 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pinzap
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG9251 (resized).jpg
    IMAG9252 (resized).jpg
    IMAG9253 (resized).jpg
    1A302AF4-AC46-4DD1-8AD6-BABAF9E3D42C (resized).jpeg
    9655C7AF-9D9A-4239-BDD8-C2FAF20E04EC (resized).jpeg
    399E5ED6-1550-4663-867D-22D4E29FFF0D (resized).jpeg
    63AB5CFA-787A-478E-A031-5B132B6D2AEE (resized).jpeg
    30BFBF91-328D-4AA7-91B8-E165CF8ECBBD (resized).jpeg
    2C5476BA-EF25-451C-AFC2-DFBA1EFBA00D (resized).jpeg
    8C92AC24-6D78-4209-AB5C-8F1673EF9AAF (resized).jpeg
    secretsanta2 (resized).JPG
    secretsanta1a (resized).JPG
    secretsanta1 (resized).JPG
    20171223_120024_resized(1) (resized).jpg
    waiting (resized).jpg
    bob (resized).jpg
    There are 484 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just a reminder to everyone to post when you get your gift, even if you aren't going to open it yet. Santas want to know their package arrived safely and to the right house.

Mine came in today. But it’s not Christmas so I’m not opening it

#302 6 years ago

If I wait even longer, maybe present #4 will arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I don't get the opening-right-away thing. Maybe it's because it's been a long time since I got a good Christmas surprise, so this is something fun to have to look forward to.

Now you can also look forward to check in on this thread to see what I got on Christmas Day!

#303 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Booo! We want to see what you got now! Plus, you're making those of us with no self-control look bad!

No chance! I‘m looking forward to this special feeling since weeks, unwrapping pinball related gifts under the christmas tree makes me feel like a 10 year old again gonna be worth the wait!

#304 6 years ago

Boy, I hope my recipient likes his gifts, i'm just not as creative as some of you. I also didn't do as much "stalking" as I should of I guess. Lots of great and creative gifts out there.

#305 6 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Lots of great and creative gifts out there.

It's been pretty wild seeing how creative and thoughtful a lot of these gifts have been.

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Mine came in today. But it’s not Christmas so I’m not opening it

I kinda love how some people are doing this. I couldn't wait, lol.

It was definitely cool of you to post that you got your gift though, that way your santa knows it arrived. Don't forget to come back christmas day and update us on what was inside.

#307 6 years ago

the way that I see it is this:
    this thread and its event were started a little over a month ago (nov 11th). the constant (and almost daily) posts and replies for the opening of received gifts is what makes this thread enjoyable to keep returning to and reading

and while I understand that some people are "holding out" until xmas to open their gifts, I think that the majority (if not all of us) are going to be wrapped up with our immediate families, rather than log onto pinside and see what these people received [weeks prior] and their reactions to their gifts

it's for that reason why I've been [thumbs down]ing those who have received the gifts but not giving in, opening and sharing photos of their presents with the rest of us

#308 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I think that the majority (if not all of us) are going to be wrapped up with our immediate families, rather than log onto pinside

99% of us will be logging into Pinside on Christmas day. If only to get away from our families .

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

99% of us will be logging into Pinside on Christmas day. If only to get away from our families .

Gotta hit the restroom at some point on Christmas day, might as well browse the internet.

#310 6 years ago

There was no rule in the OP about opening the gifts but I will say I check this thread daily and have LOVED seeing the packages slowly be revealed.

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

There was no rule in the OP about opening the gifts but I will say I check this thread daily and have LOVED seeing the packages slowly be revealed.

Yeah, I wasn't going to try to police people about when they could and couldn't open gifts. That's a losing battle. I totally understand why people would want to open them right away and I understand why people want to wait. I look at it like this, if some people don't wait, then we get one big rush of pictures of presents and that's it. With some people waiting, this thread which is the gift that keeps on giving will keep on giving even past Christmas. Right now with Lloyd, we are looking like we will have activity and present pictures through Jan. 7th. That's cool. I'm just happy that people have embraced the idea like they have, been creative with their ideas and gifts and have been responsive with me throughout the process. This has been a lot of fun and should still be fun for everyone to see for weeks to come.

#312 6 years ago

I vote we do another one of these for Xmas in July...

Announcer: What do we want?
    Crowd: More random gifts!
    Announcer: When do we want them?
    Crowd: Now!

#313 6 years ago

I got my secret santa gift a bit ago, sorry for the late post. Awesome gift, couldn't be happier and my pins thank you!

20171214_080008 (002) (resized).jpg20171214_080008 (002) (resized).jpg

#314 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I guess I don't get the opening-right-away thing. Maybe it's because it's been a long time since I got a good Christmas surprise, so this is something fun to have to look forward to.
    Now you can also look forward to check in on this thread to see what I got on Christmas Day!

+1 still holding out for a Christmas opening. Unlike most other gifts, this will be a true surprise.

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

it's for that reason why I've been [thumbs down]ing those who have received the gifts but not giving in, opening and sharing photos of their presents with the rest of us

Do you really want to single out those who aren't in the majority. Who don't have immediate families. Who's only present to open on their day, might be their secret Santa box ?

Aren't their holidays hard enough, without thumbing them down too ?

Lloyd

#316 6 years ago

those thumbs down will be reversed once the parcels are opened as I've stated before

I take the whole thumb principle is just to show that I don't agree with something that was stated

#317 6 years ago

I
    N
    C
    O
    M
    I
    N
    G !!!

Elf (resized).jpegElf (resized).jpeg

Got my Secret Santa box yesterday!

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg

A nice parts storage bin,

2 (resized).jpeg2 (resized).jpeg

filled with individually-wrapped goodies! Took me a minute to see that the paper was Star Wars, a nice touch.

3 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg

ITEMS:

Some Nerd-Candy. Love these boxes which will live on my Nerd Shelf in the gameroom.

Lamps; always needed.

Magnetic parts holder - very handy

A deck of Critical Hit tourney cards. These are so awesome! (I did ask for these )

Sanding flap wheels for my Dremel. Nice.

And I'm thinking my Santa must be an EM-er, because I'm not sure how far word has spread in SS-land of "The Brush", championed by NicoVolta

So I would say this was a successful and well-done haul! Thank you Santa!!!!!

4 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpeg

#318 6 years ago

Finished putting together my FAST pinball wooden miniature!
    It’s so awesome, I’m incredibly happy with it!!
    Can’t wait to get started with the LEDs, probably tonight.
    Thanks again, Secret Pinside-Santa! Your gifts were incredible!

B25DF986-9671-4CDC-88BA-A736EABCFEF0.jpegB25DF986-9671-4CDC-88BA-A736EABCFEF0.jpeg

9C44A2D6-4AD3-41D2-893C-6F4BAF916C1E.jpeg9C44A2D6-4AD3-41D2-893C-6F4BAF916C1E.jpeg

7F11D526-54E9-4439-9EEE-43FF4303149E.jpeg7F11D526-54E9-4439-9EEE-43FF4303149E.jpeg

77631601-FAFB-4B03-817A-852ADD76097E.jpeg77631601-FAFB-4B03-817A-852ADD76097E.jpeg

854A27C4-0A33-4C0E-B325-9D86756B93E7.jpeg854A27C4-0A33-4C0E-B325-9D86756B93E7.jpeg

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from Artimage:

But my favorite part was the letter, the thinking behind each item made me chuckle.

I wish I had been sharp enough to have included a letter. I agree, the 'thinking' behind the items included is a great plus ++.

#320 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I wish I had been sharp enough to have included a letter. I agree, the 'thinking' behind the items included is a great plus ++.

Yeah, me too.... Next time.

#321 6 years ago

So excited! Got my secret Santa package today!! I love everything :party:Thanks

A8EBDB2C-0163-47B7-A72A-EDC46A133F44 (resized).jpegA8EBDB2C-0163-47B7-A72A-EDC46A133F44 (resized).jpeg

B3EA68C2-7687-459B-A7D0-6E88E894B57B (resized).jpegB3EA68C2-7687-459B-A7D0-6E88E894B57B (resized).jpeg

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Finished putting together my FAST pinball wooden miniature!
    It’s so awesome, I’m incredibly happy with it!!
    Can’t wait to get started with the LEDs, probably tonight.
    Thanks again, Secret Pinside-Santa! Your gifts were incredible!

That model is cool!

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

It worked! It worked! Secret Santa must approve of my waiting!

SecretSanta3 (resized).jpgSecretSanta3 (resized).jpg

#324 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

It worked! It worked! Secret Santa must approve of my waiting!

He should just keep sending you little gifts until Christmas to keep this going.

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

He should just keep sending you little gifts until Christmas to keep this going.

Yeah, at this point I would never open them...

#326 6 years ago

So...I opened my box and layed all my wonderful gifts out for a pic!

Then I looked back in box just a minute later, and saw santa must have brought me a cat!!

KIMG0031 (resized).jpgKIMG0031 (resized).jpg

KIMG0032 (resized).jpgKIMG0032 (resized).jpg

KIMG0046 (resized).jpgKIMG0046 (resized).jpg

#327 6 years ago

Santa brought me some wonderul items! I was well stalked. Lol.

I sont know if I need to explain some of the items, or if it is obvious enough. Was pretty fun idea santa had with printing out clips from threads showing why I got certain gifts!

The food items were very fun, thank you santa!

I am already working on figuring out where to place my new stars (probably guest half bath on ceiling!).

The noid ball is awesome! I don't have much any spooky promos, but love charlie and the gangs work!!

The balls and bolts will certainly be used very soon!

I REALLY appreciate the plastics! I am always a huge collector of promo items and honestly did not have any of those items. Thank you! Very fun!

The christmas pinball game has already been played multiple times between me and the mrs....I in trouble somehow because I keep winning. Lol.

The meter is cool. Love having an extra little one around to toss in tool bag.

Thank you santa, for EVERYTHING!!

Couldn't be happier

KIMG0060 (resized).jpgKIMG0060 (resized).jpg

KIMG0058 (resized).jpgKIMG0058 (resized).jpg

KIMG0061 (resized).jpgKIMG0061 (resized).jpg

KIMG0062 (resized).jpgKIMG0062 (resized).jpg

KIMG0059 (resized).jpgKIMG0059 (resized).jpg

KIMG0063 (resized).jpgKIMG0063 (resized).jpg

KIMG0066 (resized).jpgKIMG0066 (resized).jpg

KIMG0064 (resized).jpgKIMG0064 (resized).jpg

KIMG0065 (resized).jpgKIMG0065 (resized).jpg

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

So...I opened my box and layed all my wonderful gifts out for a pic!
    Then I looked back in box just a minute later, and saw santa must have brought me a cat!!

qdGa7 (resized).pngqdGa7 (resized).png

#329 6 years ago

LMFAO!!!!

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Box = Cat.

Trade you a dog that want's to be a cat.

FullSizeRender.jpg-2 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-2 (resized).jpeg

#331 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Santa brought me some wonderul items! I was well stalked. Lol.
    I sont know if I need to explain some of the items, or if it is obvious enough. Was pretty fun idea santa had with printing out clips from threads showing why I got certain gifts!
    The food items were very fun, thank you santa!
    I am already working on figuring out where to place my new stars (probably guest half bath on ceiling!).
    The noid ball is awesome! I don't have much any spooky promos, but love charlie and the gangs work!!
    The balls and bolts will certainly be used very soon!
    I REALLY appreciate the plastics! I am always a huge collector of promo items and honestly did not have any of those items. Thank you! Very fun!
    The christmas pinball game has already been played multiple times between me and the mrs....I in trouble somehow because I keep winning. Lol.
    The meter is cool. Love having an extra little one around to toss in tool bag.
    Thank you santa, for EVERYTHING!!
    Couldn't be happier

That is an awesome idea of taping the posts related to the gifts. Man I am going to be a much better SS next year! Although I think I was pretty good this year. Thanks for the pics of each gift, I like seeing what everyone has received! That Spooky Noid ball is great!. Love this thread.

#332 6 years ago

Love seeing all the pics! Looks like many secret Santa's are fellow Harbor Freight shoppers. I'd recognize those multimeters and magnetic parts dishes anywhere.

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Love seeing all the pics! Looks like many secret Santa's are fellow Harbor Freight shoppers. I'd recognize those multimeters and magnetic parts dishes anywhere.

Those magnetic parts dishes are so awesome. I have two of them and use them all the time.

#334 6 years ago

I bought a few of those magnetic parts dishes at pinball shows before realizing that I could get them for "free" (using the coupons) from HF
    and surprisingly, the HF ratchet wrenches are nicer and more comfortable than their craftsman, husky and snap-on counterparts
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-heavy-duty-composite-ratchet-66312.html
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-quick-release-swivel-head-ratchet-96781.html

ps
    in lieu of xmas week approaching, I've reversed all of my down votes to thumbs up last night

#335 6 years ago

Thought Santa had forgotten about me and then.....Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.02.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.02.18 PM (resized).png

so stoked by what was inside. I do a podcast and we had talked about what pinheads would want for xmas. Axe body spray came up in the conversation (not by me) so seeing that in the box had me crack up and get the over the shoulder eyeballs from my wife. All the gifts were great and thoughtful and the Pinball Punk model by Dirty Donny will find a permanent place in the game room. Thanks so much for kicking off my Christmas season with such great gifts and for raising the bar for my family. CHEERS!

IMG_7656 (resized).jpgIMG_7656 (resized).jpg IMG_7657 (resized).jpgIMG_7657 (resized).jpgIMG_7660 (resized).JPGIMG_7660 (resized).JPGIMG_7659 (resized).JPGIMG_7659 (resized).JPGIMG_7658 (resized).jpgIMG_7658 (resized).jpg

#336 6 years ago

Very nice. A double pack of Axe...now you can share. So cool to see the lengths people go to to be creative. This is really turning out better than I had hoped when I first put the idea out there.

#337 6 years ago

Thank you Secret Santa for the great Williams and Bally ceramic coasters!! And the logo keychains for 4 of my pins will find good use for sure!!

I love this Secret Santa event and have enjoyed opening this gift today as much as I did sending mine out.

Thanks LesManley for starting what I hope is a long lived annual tradition.

0F9255DD-ED07-48B1-BC69-B92F1409FCCB (resized).jpeg0F9255DD-ED07-48B1-BC69-B92F1409FCCB (resized).jpeg

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thought Santa had forgotten about me and then.....
    so stoked by what was inside. I do a podcast and we had talked about what pinheads would want for xmas. Axe body spray came up in the conversation (not by me) so seeing that in the box had me crack up and get the over the shoulder eyeballs from my wife. All the gifts were great and thoughtful and the Pinball Punk model by Dirty Donny will find a permanent place in the game room. Thanks so much for kicking off my Christmas season with such great gifts and for raising the bar for my family. CHEERS!

Whoever your Secret Santa is, can you pm me where you can order that Pinball pin...thanks!

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the HF ratchet wrenches are nicer and more comfortable than their craftsman, husky and snap-on counterparts

Thanks for posting the web sites for those two items. THAT will be my next purchase at Yee Old Harbor Freight!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#340 6 years ago

It’s here!

CC6CC6B4-D3EA-4E49-B79A-083DE33DE2F4 (resized).jpegCC6CC6B4-D3EA-4E49-B79A-083DE33DE2F4 (resized).jpeg

#341 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Got home to this sitting on my steps. Post lady left it with bottom side up for me...wonder why ;D
    I can't wait to open....probably won't make it too long.
    I'll post when I open as well.
    Thank you in advance Santa! Love the box!
    Sorry pic is sideways.

I'd never heard of showbiz pizza until a reddit thread last week, someone posted a music video for a NIN song, performed with showbiz animatons. Now I'm obsessed.

#342 6 years ago

Merry jeebus-tree day, secret Santa! I just took in the mail and was trying to figure out what I ordered from digikey, too me until I opened it to realize it was secret Santa. Derp.

The shirt will be worn at the next tournament I attend for sure!

Can someone tell me what the tool is for? Haven't encountered one before.

P_20171216_152012_1_p (resized).jpgP_20171216_152012_1_p (resized).jpg

P_20171216_152020_1_p (resized).jpgP_20171216_152020_1_p (resized).jpg

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Leaf switch adjustment tool

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Leaf switch adjustment tool

Oh wow! I can see that now, didn't actually know what they looked like, that's awesome! I literally have relied on brute force and luck, using pliers and/or fingers to this point, which is tricky when a switch is hard to reach. This rocks!

#345 6 years ago

They are so darn handy! I had two, one for tool bag and one at home, but I always miss place one....

#346 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thought Santa had forgotten about me and then.....

Quoted from EvanDickson:

Merry jeebus-tree day, secret Santa! I just took in the mail and was trying to figure out what I ordered from digikey, too me until I opened it to realize it was secret Santa. Derp.
    The shirt will be worn at the next tournament I attend for sure!

Does anyone know where the pinball pin can be bought from the first quote

How about that shirt on the second quote...thanks in advance!

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Does anyone know where the pinball pin can be bought from the first quote

The pin is on amazon.

http://a.co/2bPacvw

#348 6 years ago

I’m blown away at my SS gifts

Rocks Custom Pinball undercab lighting for JP
    AND
    JP Mirror Blades!!

I was not expecting anything even close to this.

Thank you secret Santa!

9A45EAF9-B672-4C58-B695-316EE98036F2 (resized).jpeg9A45EAF9-B672-4C58-B695-316EE98036F2 (resized).jpeg

#349 6 years ago

Shout out to my secret Santa. The pictures will come this week but they hit a home run.

#350 6 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Shout out to my secret Santa. The pictures will come this week but they hit a home run.

Was suprised not much got posted over weekend as I'm sure a number of people got packages last/next couple of days.

Hopefully everyone who has recieved gifts, but waiting till christmas/hasn't taken pics yet responds like this....I think it makes Secret Santas relieved to know the package at least got there safely...........and, mainy...because...
    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE'S GOODIES!!!

Seeing all the different cool stuff people have received has been one of the best parts on here!

Keep em coming guys

There are 484 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.