(Topic ID: 178323)

Official 2017 NHL hockey thread

By cdnpinbacon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

This could be the season where every Canadian team makes it into the playoffs except Winnipeg.

Vancouver n Calgary have picked it up after a slow start.

Ottawa is right there in the mix

Toronto and Edmonton after years of gloom n doom are both playing well

Mtl seems to not have to rely on price to win with Montoya as a solid back up.

I'm hoping mcd gets the art n hart. Mathews should get the Calder if he stays healthy.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Cost is about the same. 4 club level seats behind goal were $125 a piece with parking and early admission included. Worth it though. Bathrooms right there all food and drinks brought to our seats by a waiter, never had to miss a second of game. Game went into overtime great fast and physical game against the Coyotes. My kids loved it. Plus you got a private meeting with a player after the game. Up north due they have girls that clean the ice as well?

Is that season ticket holder pricing or face value pricing. I know many ppl complain about ticket prices for the oilers. But really a season ticket in the lower bowl between the blue line is $175 but face value is $350. Parking ranges from $12-30 depending on how close or how far. I park for free behind a business not that far away from the arena and just walk.
    Food prices. Hamburger fries and pop is about $27. A bottle of Gatorade is $7.50

These prices are in cnd. And could be off a few dollars.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Congrats out to the USA Woman's Junior team for winning their tournament! Has to be the first time, I really don't know, that both the men and woman beat the Canadians for the Championship! Canadian flags at half-mast?

I read a lot of the pro players blogs. the thing when it comes to hockey. The Canadian mentally isn't about beating the USA. Losing to the USA isn't the main disappointment. Each time Canada takes to ice in hockey. There is only 1 acceptable outcome and that is gold. Not achieving gold is biggest disappointment

When they don't win gold. They feel they let down and have failed the country.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Noobee:

It is sad to see this whole thread with out the mention of my beloved Redwings. So sad to see how far we have fallen. Alas, no playoffs this year for the first time in 26 years. Good luck to all of the competitive teams out there. At least we will get a top level draft pick for a change...

U guys don't need a high draft. U guys can pick 30th and still get the diamonds in the rough. What really changed the NHL was when you guys got lidstrom. Not only was he a cornerstone for Detroit as a franchise. But he made the NHL bigger in Sweden. All of sudden. They were showing more NHL on tv and Swedish kids were all wanting to be like Lidstrom

#46 7 years ago

Dubnyk for the vezina !!!

When he was in Edmonton and had a tough year. I told my friends give him some time and he will bounce back because he got married over the summer and he won't be in game shape for a bit. Unfortunately. It took him a lot longer to bounce back. He was almost out of NHL job. But he bounced back great. Glad he is playing great for u guys.

1 week later
    #74 7 years ago

NHL all star weekend is here!!!

What do u guys think about the skills competition,the jerseys and the game itself?

#78 7 years ago

Hmm. Interesting take on it.

I actually like how things are now vs the last 10 years. Seeing mike smith making that shot was crazy. I would like to see goalies partake in the accuracy shooting competition and having the dmen do a hard backwards skating stickhandling competition

As for the game itself. I like the 3 on 3 mini tourney format. At least there is a reason to try to win and brings out more competition amongst the team. Instead of a non defense all out slick passing plays on offense

I think it was awesome to see all those great players in one place.

3 months later
    #182 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I would not suggest a child play hockey until the hitting is gone. I was really happy when my son stopped. The final seasons was watching older teenagers just smashing and trying to hurt eachother with no regard to how the game is supposed to be played. Games taking an extra half hour because of fights, suspensions, police and penalties. Anyone in Ontario with midget and Juvi players know what I'm talking about.

Yes n no to no hitting for minor league hockey
    There are kids that once hitting is allowed. All they do is try to lay a massive hit on someone. (Goon) but with that being said. That makes all the other kids better. They learn to keep the head to see the entire ice and make better plays.

The one area of improvement in hockey helmets I would like to see change is an expire date on helmets. Currently as long as the helmet isnt visibly damaged. The helmet is regarded as safe. So a 1981 cooper xlr7 could be stilled worn contact hockey.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=pinballophobe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.