(Topic ID: 178323)

Official 2017 NHL hockey thread

By cdnpinbacon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The coolest game on earth is in full swing and being a Toronto maple leaf fan, I must say this is the best season I have watched the leafs play in a long time. Austin Mathews is the real deal and has a good chance to take home the Calder trophy.
    It's been a very long time (Sundin) since the Leafs have had a young player like this kid. I mean, scoring 4 goals in your first ever NHL game? big kid deceptively fast, great shot...kudos to the American development program and congrats to the US World junior team!

OP - here's hoping that the Leafs are finally committed to building a great team. In the past it just seemed that the management was ok with mediocrity. Now they have a good kid to build a team around and build off of!

The World Champs tourney was great to watch! Some very good hockey! Canada looked to be the better team in the Finals but the US hung in and found a way to win!!!

meSz

PS - Thanks for Kessel! Although he hasn't performed to the level we were expecting in the regular season he was certainly a crucial part in the playoffs last year!!!

#16 7 years ago

and another thing.....for all those Canadians reading this that have the Bud Red Lights and Glasses!!! Do you guys have an issue with the light and glasses working together? When I purchased the glasses, which arent available in the States (yet) I downloaded the Canadian app to make them work! Problem is the Red Light then doesn't work. Currently I have to use the US version app for the Red Light and the Canadian app version for the glasses!!!

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Your boys Getting spanked tonight

Penguins going through the every year slump. Last year it took them almost 3 months to even start playing well. Record was crap October thru December!!!

One prediction I will make is .... the Caps will finish first place again as they have yet to figure out that it doesn't matter!!!

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Ima huge Flyers fan

Sorry to hear that as the Flyers will never have a winning team with the knuckleheads they have running that team. They get so close to building a good team but they don't seem to realize that the Broad St Bully days don't work anymore! Instead of filling up the roster with talent they always waste spots for fighters!

#34 7 years ago

Congrats out to the USA Woman's Junior team for winning their tournament! Has to be the first time, I really don't know, that both the men and woman beat the Canadians for the Championship! Canadian flags at half-mast?

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Wow that Caps/Penguins game was nuts. Don't see many 8-7 games anymore.

Some of the most unusual goals!!!

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Pens vs Habs tonight..looking forward to this one...Go Pens!

and now you want to look past it!

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I see 4-5 teams that would not surprise me if they were hoisting the cup in June. Columbus, Caps, Habs, Pens, NYR...then you have the dangerous Bruins

The only thing to consider is, of the six teams you list and if the playoffs were to start today, 3 of your picks would be eliminated in the first round! You look at the Metro Division and the Rangers are in 4th place but that would be 2nd place in the pacific and Atlantic divisions and third in the Central. The Metropolitan (what a dumb name) is the strongest division this year!

1 week later
    #77 7 years ago

I think the NHL All Star game has run its course. The game itself is boring. Going to a team's practice session has more entertainment! Be interesting to see what the ratings will be this year as a past All Star game was beaten out by a repeat of a woman's softball game on ESPN2 here in the States.

On another note.....I have tickets the the Stadium Series with Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia. This is another event that is starting to look like it has ran its course. The NHL came out with a great idea with the Winter Classic but they tried to milk as much money out of it as possible with adding the Heritage Classic and the Stadium Series. Using the same teams over and over hurt as well. The game here in Pittsburgh has a deluge of tickets left! IMO they should've kept the Winter Classic as the only outdoor game, kept it on Jan 1st and moved it to different cities every year!

BTW - I have 2 extra tickets to the Stadium Series game on Feb 25th. Center Ice upper deck (best seats for outdoor game) for face value if anyone is interested just pm me!

2 months later
    #88 6 years ago

IMG_7389 (resized).JPGIMG_7389 (resized).JPG

#106 6 years ago

Wow 7-0 SJ over the Oilers .... Penguins looked bad last night and still almost pulled off a win, Columbus gets a stay of execution!

#109 6 years ago

Somebody call a Waaambulance as you know Tortorella is going to cry and explain why Columbus losing wasn't his fault.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Somebody call a Waaambulance as you know Tortorella is going to cry and explain why Columbus losing wasn't his fault.

Have to give Tortorella credit, no whining and no blaming others for the loss! Other than a reporter asking the same question over and over thought Tortorella handle post game well!

Now time to sit back and watch the Caps and Leafs battle it out! Almost hope Caps win as the Leafs speed and youth may be something that beats the Penguins!

On side note.....Oilers looked great last night! If it wasn't for Jones that game doesn't make it to OT! Jones played same last year in the finals!!!

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from leaffan67:

I was there tonight. What a season. Leafs take the best team in the league to 6 games and 5 in overtime! Still nearly cried. Hats off. Great hope for the future. Go Leafs go!

Not to take away from the Leafs play but you have to remember the CAPS are notorious for blowing it in the Playoffs! Going to be interesting if they can beat Penguins! Penguins still have key players that are out!

The Leafs are a good young team! In a few years, if not sooner, the Leafs and Columbus will be the top teams, if they're able to keep their teams intact!

#131 6 years ago

Caps fans have to be asking "how didn't we win" and as a Pens fan I can say .... "how did we win"??? Caps just dominated the Penguins for (probably) 2 periods! Fleury made some great saves but also the Caps missed the net a lot (they had to have 6 post/cross bars)!

Rangers blew the game! Henrik 8 goals in two games is a lot but when see the goals he gave up, hard to blame him! Pageau I think had three deflections!

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well Pens fans I know it's not all BJs & roses but they won....Even though my recording (becasue I had to work late) cut the game off with like 10 minutes to go. Actually I appreciate the stress-less 45 minutes i lost.

Yeah the last 5 minutes of the game the Pens played as though they were killing a penalty. Even when Oshie was called for the phantom high stick and they were up a man the Pens iced the puck (Bonino of all people lol)!

Sure wasn't pretty but a huge win for the Penguins! Without Crosby it's still going to be a tough series, none the less the Cup, to win but as long as they beat the Caps I will be satisfied!!!

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is what I was talking aboot before...no way of knowing if it's true or what is going on here. Doesn't really men anything sadly.

The fact that he's skating does mean the concussion is not severe as the Doctors need to clear him! Keep in mind it's no longer the team Dr that does this! He needs to be evaluated and pass all the concussion protocols before he's even allowed on the ice! Not saying he's 100% but the fact that he was on the ice means a lot!

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude...too soon.
    But OK good to know.

I agree with you but appears he is moving forward......skated today (again) in full contact practice! Never know what to believe but it's speculated that he was clear to play the other night but it was decided to keep him off the ice to allow him 4 days off (since the Penguins/Caps had two days off between game 4 and 5)!

#180 6 years ago

Just got home from the Pens game! First time I left a game early in decades! I have been a season ticket holder since (basically) 1987. Before 87 my dad had tickets from 68 - 82.....seen a lot of bad hockey but never seen a team just not show up at all!! I was there in 1982 when then owner Edward DeBartolo was so disgusted with the Penguins play he offered all fans a refund for the next game! The Penguins tonight didnt come close to playing as good as that 82 team! Just horrible hockey!!!! Sad thing is, the Caps didn't play that well either! Just a horrible game overall to watch! Looking forward to the Edmonton/Anaheim game on Wednesday !

#185 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Caps completely shut the pens down, even after they had a nice lead.

I didn't see it as the Caps shutting them down more than the Penguins collapsing! They turned the puck over so many times and just made mistake after mistake!

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Fluery has been exposed why he was a back up who couldn't find a team that wanted him.

I would have agreed with this but when you look at his stats he's ranked third among active goaltenders. He's right behind Henrik (self proclaimed KING) who has 2 years on Fleury and has no Rings to Fleury's two!

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Lindross, i mean Crosby was a complete non factor and should probably retire before he's a vegetable.

Agree with the retiring piece. Game isnt worth your health! As for a non-factor, yeah 1 assist is non-factor for a player of his caliber but again the team was a non factor!

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wow feel really sorry for you to see that live. It was hard enough to watch on tv

Thanks for your condolences

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

better check them stats again. He's 7th in save % .. & not even close in goals against..
    I also laugh at how you dont think Washington isn't imposing their will, rather Pittsburgh is just giving away the last two games! What kind of team does that? They are trying their best,trust me

#211 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Washington gave them that one

Disagree with you, Washington gave them the series!!! I know you're not a Fleury fan but imo he was main reason they won the series. I'm still trying to figure out how they won the first two games of the series! The CAPS looked so good in those games!

The CAPS out-shot the Pens in every game. First time a team has been out-shot in every game and won the series since PHX vs CHI in 2012.

Oilers looked good throughout the playoffs. Young team that will certainly be in the running for the cup within the next few years (if they keep the team together).

#230 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Which is surprising after he suffered the Achilles injury a few years ago. Even I can admit he's a stellar defenseman...right up there with Letang. What a loss for the Pens not having him right now.

Karlson is playing great and he's doing it injured!

#232 6 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

It's the playoffs, so many players are playing w injuries..u won't hear not 1 player unavailable unless it's borderline life threatening..that's what separates this great sport from others

Certainly agree with you! What gets me is when a player is playing injured and is still able to elevate his game as Karlson has!

http://tinyurl.com/l8zkq4u

#240 6 years ago

So both series tied at 1! Watching the game last night I didn't realize how much Ottawa plays the trap style of hockey (aka NJ Devils hockey)! Felt the Penguins played better in both games thus far but Ottawa pulled out game 1!

Fleury tied Lundqvist last night getting the shutout! Fleury and Lundqvist both have 10 playoff shutouts!

The Ducks/Preds game .... was a lot of hard hitting! No matter who wins that series I can foresee one of the main players going out injured the way that series is looking!

#264 6 years ago

Penguins showing their pilon Defense!!!

Hansey, Streit were bad pickups. Maata needs skating lessons!!

If the Sens n Ducks make the Finals it's a guarantee that a replay of woman's softball on ESPN4 will have higher ratings!!!

The good news for Pens fans is ... we don't have to listen to Paul Stagerwald next season!!!!

#294 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Hoping my team shows up tonight and not a bunch of zombies on ice again.

Preds lose one of their main players and Ducks are back at home but still lose......."it's over Johnny"'

Edit - Fischer and Johanson were out Ducks still lost! Wow

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Go f yourself on a cheese steak. I mean that in a very friendly joking manner you know humor doesn't text well.

LOL - That would be funny IF I WERE from Philthedelphia!!!

Quoted from Buzz:

How the fu@k did this just happen. We just beat Edmonton which I feel is a better team.

Makes you feel any better, the Penguins beat the #1 and 4 teams in the league but yet we're struggling with the 12th team (overall)! Injuries have and continue to kill the Penguins! They have 4 starters out with injuries and now another D-man is out with a concussion (amazing how a hit to the head doesn't matter in the playoffs but yet the NHL wants to put an end to them)!

You know you're getting old when, you send your kids to the game so you can drink beer and watch the game by yourself!!!

#300 6 years ago

Holy schnikies the Pens appear to be back! Only one period but they looked impressive. Anderson is having an off day for him but Pens looking good. Need a beer!!!

#307 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

watching Don Cherry

One thing I will never understand is how the Canadians watch that clown (dresses like a clown too)!!

#310 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I know opinions vary on Don cherry...but its what he does beyond the camera where he really shines, such as his support for both American and Canadian military. My favourite parts of his shows is when he talks about a recent fallen Canadian soldier. It reminds me why I am so proud to be a Canadian. I can't think of many people who love the game more than Don Cherry. Some of his suits can get extra loud...such as the blood spattered one he wore a few weeks ago!

Valid point as we, in the States, aren't aware of that aspect of him! I like watching and reading the different perspectives of the commentators in the different markets but when it comes to Cherry I cant listen to him! He just cant seem to put a clear thought together none the less a sentence! His go to topic is always to try and bash the main players from the team! I guess he goes for the shock approach!

#319 6 years ago

So looking at the Final's schedule ...... it now takes 17 days to play 7 games! Sweet geebus!!!! Remember when they would play the first two games back to back..... and only take a day off to travel??? A 7 game series would be done in 11 days???

Game 1: Monday, May 29
    Off the 30th
    Game 2: Wednesday, May 31
    Off the 1st and 2nd
    Game 3: Saturday, June 3
    Off the 4th
    Game 4: Monday, June 5
    Off the 6th and 7th
    Game 5: Thursday, June 8
    Off the 9th and 10th
    Game 6: Sunday, June 11
    Off the 12th and 13th
    Game 7: Wednesday, June 14

There are now only 3 months between the end of the Playoffs and the beginning of the next season .... crazy

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Detroit, Pittsburgh and Buffalo fans are lucky to have great voices calling a game.

Pittsburgh just hired Steve Mears (NHL Network and Pittsburgh native) to do the TV play by play next year! Paul Steigerwald is moving to the "front office"! Not sure what that means but glad to hear as "Stagie" gets old quick! Constantly interjects himself into the situation!

#338 6 years ago

Preds got the lead and now seem
    To be raking a page from the Sens, play D !!!! 8 shots on net after 2 periods!!!! Yikes

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Calls seem a little unbalanced tonight

Guess you can say that game was a BUZZ-kill for you ehh?? (sorry couldn't resist)

As for the calls..... that is the biggest issue with the NHL is the inconsistency with the way the game is called! I liken the refereeing to the WWE! With that said though, I believe part of the issue with the Ducks is players like Perry and Kessler were going out for hits and cheap shots instead of goals! Perry and Kessler had a combined 2 goals 1 assist and were -11 in the series! Getzlaf 4 assist -3 and a "unprofessional comment"!

1 week later
    #392 6 years ago

Just got back from LA .... what did I miss???

First of all anyone in LA or CA in general and has the opportunity to go to a Firestone Walker Brewery/Pub I would recommend it! Some very good beers and food was good as well! Only drawback was the fact that they don't play the sound for sporting events! I guess there is a fee or something that have to pay to broadcasts games so they just have the TVs muted! None the less, nice place to eat, drink and watch sports (albeit muted sports)!

Need the Pens to play better but most of all need them to stop going into the Defensive shell when they get the lead! 38 minutes without a shot is a pathetic showing! Must admit though....it's nice to bitch about how bad they played when they won!!!

#410 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He's the Conn by far but wow.

I would pick Fleury before Murray as the Conn as without Fleury the Pens are golfing! But not going to matter as the Conn will go to Guentzel or Malkin.

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'm surprised he fits a tie over his head ...now he's doubling down on Guarantee win
    Preface: keep up the good work with children's hospitals pk

I love how the media just keeps going on about PK guaranteeing a win! When have you heard someone guaranteeing that their team will lose? He has a 50% chance of being right! I remember when Kevin Stevens guaranteed a win against the North Stars! They did win and they acted like Stevens was some Mensa member!!! Meanwhile he was high as a kite on Coke!

I like the way PK handles himself! He seems to be able to remain positive and handles the press pretty well and has a cool demeanor to him! Not to mention all the charity work he does!

Back to the media, for the past 24 hours I have heard nothing but "the arena in Nashville is going to be loud and the Penguins will need to find a way to overcome it". If the only thing you can say is how loud a building is going to be and nothing about the team is it really a concern? I mean a building will be louder in some venues but in my experience, that team goes down by 1 or 2 goals the building becomes really quiet!

BTW - people with big head learn to tie their ties around their neck so they dont have to fit it over their head!!!!

#422 6 years ago

That was an ass whooping! Just shows how much Sullivan loves Murray, 3 out of 4 goals were soft and he kept him in! Preds 2 Power Plays, 2 shots on goal and 2 goals! The Preds had more opportunity on the Penalty Kill than the Pens had on the Power Play!

Not saying this just cuz the Pens lost but man the officiating in this league sucks! This game was probably the best officiating of the 3 thus far but still it just sucks! You see so many blatant penalties that aren't called and then when they do call one you're wonder what the F was that!!!!

So this loss is good as it now gives the opportunity to win it in Pittsburgh! I have had season tickets for years now and never had seen them win one as they won all 4 on the road!

#438 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Maybe you could time the beacons on top going off with when Pitt scores.

Get one of these https://www.budredlights.com/

You download an app to your smartphone and program it so it goes off when your favorite team(s) score!

#448 6 years ago

The Penguins playbook is dump out of their zone and then dump into the Offensive zone! The D can't carry the puck so they have resorted to just whipping the puck up/around the boards as it's the "safe thing" to do! Problem is, you need to be aggressive to go and get the puck! They're not!

To Nashville's credit.....they're playing well! They played a trap most of the second half of the game, which sucks to watch, but it won the game! Nine goals in two games..... if Fleury was in goal for that many, hell if he was in for the previous game of 4 goals, he would not be playing the next game but Sullivan has a hard on for Murray! Not blaming Murray as the team in front of him has been lacking to say the least!

#450 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'll have to check the DVR to see what Law was bitching about...but maybe I shouldn't.

Let me help you out.......go in your DVR and hit delete! There isn't much there to watch other than maybe 5 minutes! Go on DTMTS.com and watch the recap!

#479 6 years ago

One way to notice the rookie on the bench https://streamable.com/7yxat

#483 6 years ago

Ready for game 5

IMG_7560 (resized).JPGIMG_7560 (resized).JPG

#489 6 years ago

Celebratory beer

IMG_7562 (resized).JPGIMG_7562 (resized).JPG

#493 6 years ago

Lesson learned from last night's game.....dont buy a half barrel of a 8% beer before a big hockey game!!!

Quoted from TheLaw:

That whole Hainsey goal was maybe the best thing of the playoffs.

Good to see Hainsey (actually everyone) have a good game! Watched his goal again and if you go back far enough you see that he avoided a check from two Preds to start that play!

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Crosby is getting away with a lot out there

Agree, but back to my point .... that's the NHL! Pick and choose when they call stuff! At that point the game was 3-0, typically that stuff leads to fights and what not so the refs call it..... not in this case!

#531 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I know...I want to buy it. Guy did one or two of them custom. It's on IPDB. It is beyond sweet. I would say he probably dumped at least $6k into that..custom apron, plastics, BG, PF. It's nuts...fantastic retheme.

If you want to buy it 10k and it's yours!!! The guy that currently owns it is looking to sell it but is firm on the 10k price! The machine is sweet!

Quoted from Colsond3:

Let me know who's house I can crash at when I come out for the parade.

If I am in town, mine! ...... and I can arrange for you to see the Pens machine!

Being a long time fan I never thought I would see the day when they won a cup none the less 5!!! Fricken awesome!

#538 6 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

After last seasons cup we only lost lovejoy. This year has the potential to be very different. There will be some turnover.

Already has started as Fleury has changed the clause (actually happened in Feb but was just announced) in his contract to allow to the draft expansion, which means he is now eligible to go to the Vegas team!

#542 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm heading out for the parade. Leaving tonight. No way I'm missing this.

That's awesome! Enjoy it as it won't happen again for another year!!!!! Looking at any pins while here???

On another note, just put this one up on ePay ...........

IMG_7572[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7572[1] (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #570 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Fleury's name is definitely getting called

Hated to see him go but was neat to see (well hear) the Vegas fans chanting "Fleury" when his name was called!

#590 6 years ago

Got this banner this year! Hanging in my bar/great room so goes well!

IMG_7637[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7637[1] (resized).JPG

#594 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It looks like a jersey designed for women.

The NHL signed a new deal with Adidas and they designed all the jerseys! The NHL is going to be putting advertisement on the jerseys (mo money) and thus the reason you see no graphics/designs on the front of the shoulders!

Quoted from Colsond3:Awesome...small banner LOL.

It's a little big but the photo makes it look even bigger since the banner is in the fore front!

#597 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Back to the Devils, the new owners have done everything in their power to remove every bit of influence Lou Lamoriello had over this franchise...this is definitely my last season as a ticket holder with the team. The identity that the Devils had is lost forever.

I think this is a good thing!!! From an avid hockey fan I think the future is looking better for the Devils! As a season ticket holder for the Penguins the Devils games were the first games that I sold my tickets for as I just found the Devils style (neutral trap) to be so boring to watch!

Seeing some of the transaction the Devils had made I think they're headed in the right direction! Look at the Penguins last two years...they won the cups because of the likes of Crosby and Malkin but mostly due to speed! The Devils haven't had that speed in years....their method to winning was clogging up the neutral zone and when that didnt work you had Martin there!!!

Hang on to your tickets as I think the Devils will be a lot better of a team in the next few years!

#599 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

New ownership isn't spending money on the players.
    Our goals against this past season, is the highest it's been since around 1992.

Not saying its going to happen over night but the GAA being higher is a result of them getting away from that neutral zone trap/defensive style hockey! You say they aren't spending the money but yet according to http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/cap/2016/ the Devils were the 8th highest payroll! That's higher than 22 other teams in the league so they're spending....just not getting the results yet!

If you're that upset over the Devils you could always switch teams......here is a site you can get some SC merchandise..... http://shop.nhl.com/Pittsburgh_Penguins_Gear

#617 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Jagr is done and should retire

122 in the league scoring this year (1 out of 4 points was on the PP)! While be it not anything to crow about but there 766 players that hit the ice this year that were behind him in scoring!

FL was right though....they need more speed on their team and Jagr is certainly not going to give you that! I think if a team picked him up and put two players on a line with him that had speed it would be a line that produces some point!

3 weeks later
    #624 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Now starting goalie for Team Canada....Ben Scrivens!
    Your thoughts on no NHL players in Olympics? (except ovechkin) wrap the gold around the Russians KHL allstars.

It does suck that the NHL is sitting out but have to agree with the decision! The Olympics Committee tried to suck money out of the NHL. Will be interesting if they try this again with the NBA at the next Summer Olympics!

As for "wrapping the gold around the Russians....." Ovie can't win with the talent the Caps surrounded him with do you really think he can win with the Russians? I wouldn't be surprised to see Canada or even the Swedes win it!

3 weeks later
    #654 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Pittsburgh hungry man dinner

If thats what it takes to win 5 Stanley Cups in the past 16 years.............

I mean Toronto has 13 cups ..... great accomplishment but they were all during the era of when they had 1 out of 6 chance to win

Actually am a Leafs fan .... always enjoy watching them even through the rough seasons! They have a good core of young talent and should be making a playoff run this year!

#657 6 years ago

2018 Stanley Cup Odds
    TEAM OPENING ODDS CURRENT ODDS
    Pittsburgh Penguins 8-1 6-1
    Edmonton Oilers 10-1 9-1
    Tampa Bay Lightning 10-1 12-1
    Washington Capitals 10-1 12-1
    Chicago Blackhawks 12-1 12-1
    Minnesota Wild 14-1 12-1
    Toronto Maple Leafs 14-1 14-1
    Nashville Predators 14-1 14-1
    Dallas Stars 14-1 14-1
    Anaheim Ducks 14-1 14-1
    Montreal Canadiens 14-1 16-1
    New York Rangers 14-1 16-1
    San Jose Sharks 20-1 20-1
    Los Angeles Kings 20-1 20-1
    Columbus Blue Jacket 20-1 25-1
    Ottawa Senators 30-1 30-1
    Boston Bruins 30-1 30-1
    St. Louis Blues 30-1 30-1
    Calgary Flames 30-1 30-1
    Florida Panthers 40-1 40-1
    New York Islanders 40-1 50-1
    Philadelphia Flyers 40-1 50-1
    Winnipeg Jets 40-1 50-1
    Buffalo Sabres 60-1 60-1
    Carolina Hurricanes 60-1 60-1
    Colorado Avalanche 100-1 100-1
    Detroit Red Wings 100-1 200-1
    New Jersey Devils 100-1 200-1
    Arizona Coyotes 100-1 200-1
    Vancouver Canucks 100-1 200-1
    Vegas Golden Knights 200-1 200-1

#665 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Way I see it, all we need is a proven 3rd line center and were good. Our younger guys are doing great and we have 2 more real good prospects coming up this year in sprong and Ashton-Reese.

I still think we need a solid Defensive Defenseman!

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Canucks have the same odds of winning the cup as a team that's never played a game in the NHL yet! Damn

Yeah that hurts .... what is really going to hurt is when Vegas is ahead of the Canucks in the standings at year's end! Unfortunately for the Canucks these are just struggling times!

Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Remember, we lost Malkin all that time in 2016 and went on a ridiculous winning tear.

Correct me if I am wrong but we lost Crosby in 08 for (I believe) 28 games and they still made it to the Finals but lost to Detroit! In 09 Malkin was out for 14 games and they won the Cup!

3 weeks later
    #675 6 years ago

Use to watch NHL Tonight all the time but since they put this Tony Luftman on I just can't watch it anymore! Rather watch Don Cherry.... (not really but you get the point)!

#676 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

New Leaf fan joins our family!

Looks to be a Penguins fan! I mean he's wearing black!

#679 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Really....interesting. He's got a bit too much 'spunk' but he doesn't bother me that much (yet). Brian Lawton I can see everyone hating. Every time he's calculating what to say I think he's going to piss me off he never goes over the top.
    More of a Kathryn Tappen guy myself but I can see all angles.

I am with you as I think Kathryn and Kevin Weeks are the better ones! Lawton to me seems like he's stoned!

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hey ! Dont bad mouth our beloved Don ! Us Canucks worship his idiocy !!!

LOL at least you admit he's an idiot! Most Canadians just love and speak so highly of him! I always ask "what is the first thing that comes to your mind when I say Don Cherry" and the vast majority of people will say "his suits" for which I respond "how can you speak highly of him from a hockey perspective if his suits are the first thing that come to mind???" He's a guy that dresses up like a clown and talk poorly of the bigger named players to drum up controversy!

Lastly.....training camp opened today!!!

#682 6 years ago

Anyone interested in a Coors NHL neon? $225 Pinsider Price!
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpgCoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    Also have a Bud Light "Play Pinball" neon $250 Pinside Price!
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPGIMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    If I sell through this post by all means I will donate money to Pinside!

#688 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

i see my canucks welcomed the BlackKnights by allowing 3 field goals in their 1st preseason game!

I don't know what messed up that team more .... resigning the twins in 13 or Tortorella!! Next year the twins hit UFA so it would be in the best interest of trading them this season!

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you can still continue to plan the parade route!

Too early for a parade! The Leafs have a great core of players but not sure they will challenge for the cup in the next year or two! I do think it would be great to see in (maybe) two years a Leafs/Oilers Final!!!!

#698 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I dont know about everyone else but im not liking this face off penalty shit!! Just play the game for Christ sake !!!

Don't fret this is just another one of those rules the NHL puts in place, calls the hell out of it during pre-season and then 2+ weeks into the regular season you will never see it called again!

#700 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

2 minute minor for incorrectly reviewing an off-sides play? interesting.

I actually like this penalty! Actually think it should be called on all reviews that aren't overturned! Basically you're delaying the game by having a review done!

Think back to this past Finals when Hornqvist scored late in the game, it was a clear goal but the Preds had it reviewed just because they could and what did they have to lose!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.