(Topic ID: 178323)

Official 2017 NHL hockey thread

By cdnpinbacon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ercvacation.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

My pens are bringing home the cup again. Crosby will win the art Ross, rocket and Hart. You know it's true .

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Your boys Getting spanked tonight

The flu has been going through the room. Letang got hurt and his normal partner, dumoulin, is out with a broken jaw. We haven't looked good 3 games in a row. Adversity is a good thing. I'm not worried about it yet.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Guentzel needs to stay, he can produce goals.

Guentzel looks like the the real deal. I think he remains on malkins line the rest of this year. What a diamond in the rough he appears to be!

3 months later
    #124 6 years ago

About time for my pens show the Caps that they are still, and always will be, our bitch!

#126 6 years ago

Man fleury is a freaking wall. He was better than Bob last round and was better than holtby game 1. He looks Calm, cool and collected now. Be afraid.......be very afraid. Oh and that Crosby guy is pretty good.

#128 6 years ago

It's expected to have some players look a little rusty after that long layoff. Malkin didn't look his usual dominant self. We definitely sat back after getting up 2 to 0. I'm never a fan of that cause the other team ends up with too many chances. Boninooooooooooooo is a playoff monster. He doesn't score a ton but when he does they are usually huge. All pressure is on the Caps now for game 2. Fleury is a much better goalie at home so this performance was against the grain for him and just what we needed. I was very pleased with how our team D looked yesterday. The high danger chances were limited and blocked shots were way up. Keep this up and I like out chances.

#130 6 years ago

Pageau had a game for the ages. That was incredible.

Also my Pens just keep on rolling. The offense is lethal. Washington has carried the play a lot though. The difference in this series is fleury. When he is on his game , it is fun to watch. Holtby is broken right now. Don't think grubauer is the answer. It's not over till it's over though. We may have sustained a few injuries though so let's see what happens there.

#144 6 years ago

The nhl is responsible for this type of play. And yes it was intentional. Nisky played here and all he does is cross check. He can't play physically otherwise. He admitted that he intended to cross check. I doubt he wanted to to catch him in the face but when you are conditioned to cross check this is bound to happen. Ovy on the other hand is just a dirty player. He respects nothing.

#155 6 years ago

The pens are playing way too passive right now. There is full reliance on Fleury and he is playing the best I have ever seen him. Right now there is no controlled breakout and no pressure in the offensive zone. This is not a recipe for success but I guess Sullivan decided that this is the way to beat washington with us being as shorthanded as we are. The most important thing is that there is a full commitment from everybody to block shots. If we can find a way to close this out and let crosby and sheary get better, hopefully we can get back to playing like we normally do. Columbus and Washington are as physical as they come. Obviously we are not, but if we can get through the #1 and #4 teams in the league in the first 2 rounds, I like our chances.

#163 6 years ago

Cros and sheary both appear to be about ready. He practiced with his normal line and took contact. Barring any setbacks, I'd say he is back tomorrow. Pack your golf clubs Caps cause karma is about to come get you. Book those tee times and start your normally scheduled early summer vacation.

#194 6 years ago

Fleury is not the problem. I have no clue why we completely changed our style to play this series. We are an uptempo team that scores goals in bunches. Now we are sitting back applying no pressure. We are not playing to our strengths. The cross check to crosbys face changed the whole series. Anything can happen in 1 game so all I have to say is LETS GO PENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#202 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Still feel this way?! One page later!

Yep still feel that way after a shutout in game 7. Fleury was incredible..... Again. The pens finally looked like the pens. And once again, the caps cant beat us when it matters most. Jay beagle can start playing Mario kart early again this year. I'll be in Vegas Monday. Nothing better than betting on the pens and winning big!

#245 6 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

What is this BS? We know Anaheim is the superior team.
    In all seriousness, The teams are evenly matched - this series could easily go to 7 games and rack up injuries along the way.
    The Preds did great by taking out Chicago. The Ducks fought hard against a fast Edmonton team. - I predict the team that wins this series will go on to win the cup - because the Pens are weak and Cindy is playing injured.

Oh more Cindy jokes. Just realize that his resume is already one of the best in the history of hockey. He isn't done yet either.

#251 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Because your team could only beat a weak penguins team. Of course.
    And go head with that Cindy shit you asshole. Crosby can skate circles and out score any player on your dumb team. All day long. He's a cup champion for a reason.

I want to see pens vs ducks. We have been playing without our #1 d for the whole playoffs. It ain't pretty but we are getting it done.

Back to Ottawa and more importantly Guy Boucher.......he should be embarrassed with his style. That's not hockey. Play some freaking hockey and make it entertaining. Skate and forecheck. The trap is like dying alive slowly. A 1-3-1 with no forecheck is pathetic. Grow a pair Ottawa. Win or lose you will always be a joke with that style.

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

LOL - That would be funny IF I WERE from Philthedelphia!!!

Makes you feel any better, the Penguins beat the #1 and 4 teams in the league but yet we're struggling with the 12th team (overall)! Injuries have and continue to kill the Penguins! They have 4 starters out with injuries and now another D-man is out with a concussion (amazing how a hit to the head doesn't matter in the playoffs but yet the NHL wants to put an end to them)!
    You know you're getting old when, you send your kids to the game so you can drink beer and watch the game by yourself!!!

Sadly it looks like they actually want more hits to the head. The commentators are talking about the hits as though they are clean and change momentum. No penalties are called. The nhl doesn't review and no supplemental discipline is handed out. They will be writing a big, fat check when the concussion lawsuit gets settled and it's all their fault, yet they continue to do nothing.

#304 6 years ago

Finally playing like the pens are capable of playing. It's scary how good they are when they play like this. Looked like the pens from last year's playoffs.

Wingels...... You are garbage. He will be suspended for a game cause he's a nobody.

#306 6 years ago

It's one thing to get beat down but show some life and self respect and give themselves something to build on. Ottawa did none of these things. Not saying that they aren't capable of winning but damn did it just look like they quit. No heart there in Ottawa. The wingels elbow at the end just gives us more reason to dominate them next game.

#374 6 years ago

We're coming for you Lord Stanley. Hats off to Anderson. Damn he was spectacular. I still cant believe we are back in the finals without our #1 d and all the other injuries.

#405 6 years ago

Preds don't have the firepower to win. They have some good skaters but not much up front with Johanssen out. Pens score in bunches. Rinne is already broken. Preds looked like they quit. Their lack of playoff experience shows.

#406 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

How many "best goalies" have we faced so far?

I think it pretty clear that the pens have the best goalie. Murray is calm, cool and collected..... Unflappable.

1 week later
    #534 6 years ago

What a season! I did not think our d Corp, without Letang, had what it took to win the cup. I'm so glad I was wrong. The team will have a different look next year. After last seasons cup we only lost lovejoy. This year has the potential to be very different. There will be some turnover. Crosby and malkin have cemented their legacy. Hornqvist puts the dagger in his old teams season. Guentzel has emerged as a legit top line player. Fleury officially handed the torch to Murray by handing Murray the cup. There were so many other wonderful stories this year. In the salary cap era, a repeat had never been done, until now. Go pens! We are coming back next year for the 3-peat!

#536 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

You should take Mike Milbury's job. Well said.

Thanks bud! Hockey is king in this household. I've been a fan since I was 6 and I'm now 37. I've always been addicted to hockey. I played my entire youth. We put a rink in my backyard every winter. Any time we win is special. This might trump them all due to the adversity that this team overcame and the path of teams that we had to go through. All the analytics showed that we weren't supposed to win any of the series that we did. We always managed to find a way. They just went out and did what Sullivan always says to do..... Just play!

#553 6 years ago

These are pretty good

14975333741 (resized).png14975333741 (resized).png

14975333361 (resized).png14975333361 (resized).png

#555 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Well, that does suck. Doing my first two years of undergrad at Pitt, I drove back and forth...a lot. Plus have driven out for some games myself. Unfortunately, I'm not 20 anymore...so long drives aren't as "easy" LOL. I figured I drive all over the damn place for pins, so I was definitely driving out for that party.

Schultz was wasted...fans were throwing beers to him and Guentzel. Ruhwedel was the best though....he came right next to where we were standing, a fan handed him a beer over the blockade, and he actually cracked it and pounded it on the spot. Classic. Carter Rowney was wasted also...all the young chaps.

I was watching on the computer. I had already took monday off and will be taking off friday so didn't want to use 3 days in one week. I get a ton of time off but I use it so damn quick. That was a long ass parade and the part down at the point seemed pretty short. Looks like a lot of the boys were having fun.....as well they should.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ercvacation.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.