(Topic ID: 178323)

Official 2017 NHL hockey thread

By cdnpinbacon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I dont think he meant to cross check him in the head.. Crosby was already falling from OV's tallywack. But damn

Here's my two cents, picking up where you left off. I mention this because of all the press it has been getting, and because imo the press and many people (not here, but those who are talking about it a lot) are missing the big picture. I agree it was unintentional, but that shouldn't matter. Unfortunately, regardless of being intentional or not, Crosby was injured by the dangerous actions of others.

In real life, even if someone injures a person through an unintentional negligent/dangerous act or behavior, there are consequences and people are held responsible. There are no "accidents". We even have proverbs/idioms such as "playing with fire" to educate children and about the potential consequences of dangerous behaviors and actions.

And yet today, it seems there are lots of people and sports organizations (just speaking generally here) who overtly oppose that accountability in sports, with zero logic. Yes, there is risk in sports, but it does not excuse or absolve negligent or dangerous behavior, and especially when the result is injures. The NHL is particularly contemptuous for its long history of not holding dangerous acts and behaviors accountable. Until they do, the sport will be continue to be marred with ugly incidents and tragic outcomes. And it is often the most athletic and watchable stars that suffer, often to the point of ending careers. It's a sad commentary.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.