(Topic ID: 178323)

Official 2017 NHL hockey thread

By cdnpinbacon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 709 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
    #401 6 years ago

How many "best goalies" have we faced so far?

#402 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Fu&k yeah. Die Nashville die you dirty bastards. Pens are on fire.

My sentiment the other night Buzz!!! Yeah man!! 3 goals in 3:18, 2 in 15 seconds. Nuts.

#403 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Enough to carry Lord Stanley....again.

#404 6 years ago

Holy shit!!! In the groove...ok taken back from Cullen offsides. I just halted stripping down my Vampire...LOL

#405 6 years ago

Preds don't have the firepower to win. They have some good skaters but not much up front with Johanssen out. Pens score in bunches. Rinne is already broken. Preds looked like they quit. Their lack of playoff experience shows.

#406 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it pretty clear that the pens have the best goalie. Murray is calm, cool and collected..... Unflappable.

#407 6 years ago

So weird... But a lot like Sharks. There are times...LARGE CHUNKS.... Where Preds look unstoppable. They seem like the best passing team I have ever seen, you cannot clear the fucking zone against them... It's just crazy.
    But you just hold on and outlast them.

He's the Conn by far but wow.... It's NOT going to be easy in Nsshville

#408 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So weird... But a lot like Sharks. There are times...LARGE CHUNKS.... Where Preds look unstoppable. They seem like the best passing team I have ever seen, you cannot clear the fucking zone against them... It's just crazy.

Definitely will be tough there...and Nashville plays aggressive on the PK and Pens can't move the puck well without space on the PP. They better work on that.

#409 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

All we need to do is take one game in assville and we'll be okay.

#410 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He's the Conn by far but wow.

I would pick Fleury before Murray as the Conn as without Fleury the Pens are golfing! But not going to matter as the Conn will go to Guentzel or Malkin.

#411 6 years ago

Subban guarantees win?
    Remember hockey is why you can play with the cameras pk

#412 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Subban guarantees win?
    Remember hockey is why you can play with the cameras pk

Of course he did....a win for Pitt.

#413 6 years ago

I'm surprised he fits a tie over his head ...now he's doubling down on Guarantee win
    Preface: keep up the good work with children's hospitals pk

#414 6 years ago

Over 7.0 gaa for rinne in this series...weird

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'm surprised he fits a tie over his head ...now he's doubling down on Guarantee win
    Preface: keep up the good work with children's hospitals pk

I love how the media just keeps going on about PK guaranteeing a win! When have you heard someone guaranteeing that their team will lose? He has a 50% chance of being right! I remember when Kevin Stevens guaranteed a win against the North Stars! They did win and they acted like Stevens was some Mensa member!!! Meanwhile he was high as a kite on Coke!

I like the way PK handles himself! He seems to be able to remain positive and handles the press pretty well and has a cool demeanor to him! Not to mention all the charity work he does!

Back to the media, for the past 24 hours I have heard nothing but "the arena in Nashville is going to be loud and the Penguins will need to find a way to overcome it". If the only thing you can say is how loud a building is going to be and nothing about the team is it really a concern? I mean a building will be louder in some venues but in my experience, that team goes down by 1 or 2 goals the building becomes really quiet!

BTW - people with big head learn to tie their ties around their neck so they dont have to fit it over their head!!!!

#416 6 years ago

This extra day to wait in between venue changes in the last round sucks.... LGP.

#417 6 years ago

Still listening to the Pens games on app out here in the island of Bonaire while scuba diving with my Dad. They don't get NBC sports only NBC, last day of 16 dives looking forward to tonight and Monday when in Aruba as they do get the games like last year when I was there during Stanley Cup Finals.

IMG_7105 (resized).JPGIMG_7105 (resized).JPG

#418 6 years ago

Gearing up for tonight!! Let's go Pens!! Should be challenging being in Snatchville, but hopefully they pull it out. Where's my boys Law and Buzz!!! I think Murray is going to play stellar tonight.

#419 6 years ago

I hope to see your boys play like the last game and Murray to be on fire again he was one cool glove saving son of a!!!! I hope to see the Pens quite this arena. Colsond3 I'm right here all game long.

#420 6 years ago

Hold on here we go.

#421 6 years ago

Yeah, sorry. I was getting my ass handed to me on the Star Wars thread for voicing an opinion. I'm nervous for this one now, had a feeling. Pens seem a little off.

#422 6 years ago

That was an ass whooping! Just shows how much Sullivan loves Murray, 3 out of 4 goals were soft and he kept him in! Preds 2 Power Plays, 2 shots on goal and 2 goals! The Preds had more opportunity on the Penalty Kill than the Pens had on the Power Play!

Not saying this just cuz the Pens lost but man the officiating in this league sucks! This game was probably the best officiating of the 3 thus far but still it just sucks! You see so many blatant penalties that aren't called and then when they do call one you're wonder what the F was that!!!!

So this loss is good as it now gives the opportunity to win it in Pittsburgh! I have had season tickets for years now and never had seen them win one as they won all 4 on the road!

#423 6 years ago

The refs are horrible and a little to one sided even when the Preds do it in front of them no call bullshit.

#424 6 years ago

No surprise there really...well the 5 goals was but that's good for next game is the playoffs have shown.
    Anyway, same as last year dumping 1st away.

#425 6 years ago

Teams up 2 historically have taken the cup so Monday night should be a good one.

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Teams up 2 historically have taken the cup so Monday night should be a good one.

That makes me nervous.

I just don't want that asshole Subban ever winning anything. Nor their assholes fanbase, throwing shit at the penguins all game and even at the end. Teams like that and their fans deserve nothing.

We're the champs, even if we lose the next one, which I don't think will happen, it'll be tied with us still having home ice. And we have Fluery if Murray has another bad game which this clearly was.

#427 6 years ago

Long time pens fan here. I think Subban is an excellent player but I think he needs to shut his piehole after winning the game. All that did was make the Pens want it that much more. The atmosphere was great but have to agree that there is no place for throwing things on the ice. If Pittsburgh can win game 4 then Nashville won't be doing much talking.

#428 6 years ago

I said this all when my Ducks played these douche bags and the calls were so f'n offsided. I knew you guys would finally see the light once the Pens got there. Game 2 was disgusting how the Preds were allowed to play dirty. Last night was better but still so one sided. The Pens are the real champs and keep their cool and will take the cup. I can't feel like the NHL wants these fu&k heads to win the cup and can do whatever they want for the new money. It is amazing to see such excitement by so many in that town about this great game even if most have no manners.

#429 6 years ago

Don't be nervous the Pens are a class act with great talent and will bring the cup home again. Just wish they were playing my Ducks. Funny how the usuall superheroes are not doing much while a group of new talent is coming forward and going into the history books. Got to love the best sport ever.

#430 6 years ago

Best uniforms in hockey: leafs, Habs,Chicago,sharks, pitts,Boston ...Nashville not So , should change logo and colour

#431 6 years ago

Add Vegas to nice uniforms

#432 6 years ago

i highly recommend a subscription to the hockey news. Can't wait for my monthly copy..i think I read it at lease twice counting when issues get sent to the minors (beside the toilet)

#433 6 years ago

As for Nashville , thanks my wife and I had Swiss Chalet (a Canadian staple) because of your win and the Yankees

#434 6 years ago

Can't beat that fried chicken dinner.

#435 6 years ago

Best wife ever ready for Monday night. Pinball and hockey.

IMG_0497 (resized).JPGIMG_0497 (resized).JPG

#436 6 years ago

Awesome Buzz...and F14 is a fun game. Maybe you could time the beacons on top going off with when Pitt scores.

My buddy is a firefighter in Philly, and has a beacon in his game room that is synced with his TV /laptop and goes off every time the Flyers score. It's actually pretty cool.

#437 6 years ago

That would be cool I always wanted a goal horn. There was a guy in the gameroom thread that had a penalty box and very cool hockey memorabilia. It was the coolest for sure. Tv and pin in the same room is going to be great tomorrow. I can't wait to see the Pens take the cup you guys deserve it again for sure. I love the fact you play and will be putting an order together hopefully this week because you skate that is awesome I hung mine up about 10 years ago but miss it.

#438 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Maybe you could time the beacons on top going off with when Pitt scores.

Get one of these https://www.budredlights.com/

You download an app to your smartphone and program it so it goes off when your favorite team(s) score!

#439 6 years ago

That is super cool.

#440 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

That would be cool I always wanted a goal horn. There was a guy in the gameroom thread that had a penalty box and very cool hockey memorabilia. It was the coolest for sure. Tv and pin in the same room is going to be great tomorrow. I can't wait to see the Pens take the cup you guys deserve it again for sure. I love the fact you play and will be putting an order together hopefully this week because you skate that is awesome I hung mine up about 10 years ago but miss it.

Yeah, I just turned 40 so I'm not as fast as I used to be...LOL. Still have some skill though, so I can hang with all the 18-20 year olds that I'm up against every week. My buddy talked me into joining roller hockey league about 10 years ago. I couldn't stand it on roller blades (it's pretty lame compared to what I was used to), so I jumped right back to the ice. How refreshing. I'll play as long as my legs allow me to. Best cardio and exercise ever.

Tonight should be a good one...let's go Pens!!! Sadly, I have to deliver a game and that will eat into part of the game for me. I would love to take one tonight, then win it at home Thursday. These two days breaks really do suck.

#441 6 years ago

I think that's actually what he has...thanks for the link.

#442 6 years ago

Glove side high what a fucking shock. This team is horrible... Just give it away every goddamn time. Never clear the zone... Just lollygag around like a dumbest and let them have the puck in your zone. You dumbshit around looking for a puck to push 3 feet and all of a sudden it's a 3 on 2 for fuck sakes.
    Flag is close to hitting the lawn with this shit show... Clean your act up

#443 6 years ago

No idea how to clear a zone... No idea how to make a fucking line change. I mean jesus

#444 6 years ago

Well that sucked.

#445 6 years ago

Disgrace of hockey.

#446 6 years ago

Now we have series goin on!!!

#447 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No idea how to clear a zone... No idea how to make a fucking line change. I mean jesus

I think you could use some of P.K.'s Listerine for that foul mouth!

#448 6 years ago

The Penguins playbook is dump out of their zone and then dump into the Offensive zone! The D can't carry the puck so they have resorted to just whipping the puck up/around the boards as it's the "safe thing" to do! Problem is, you need to be aggressive to go and get the puck! They're not!

To Nashville's credit.....they're playing well! They played a trap most of the second half of the game, which sucks to watch, but it won the game! Nine goals in two games..... if Fleury was in goal for that many, hell if he was in for the previous game of 4 goals, he would not be playing the next game but Sullivan has a hard on for Murray! Not blaming Murray as the team in front of him has been lacking to say the least!

#449 6 years ago

Luckily for me, I had to help a friend go pick up some old Sega arcade shooter game and didn't see any of the game. I was grossly disappointed that we had to do it last night, but then as the updates trickled in on my phone, I was glad. I'll have to check the DVR to see what Law was bitching about...but maybe I shouldn't.

I think they will take Game 5 at home, well hopefully...from there, I have no idea at this point given their up and down play.

#450 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'll have to check the DVR to see what Law was bitching about...but maybe I shouldn't.

Let me help you out.......go in your DVR and hit delete! There isn't much there to watch other than maybe 5 minutes! Go on DTMTS.com and watch the recap!

There are 709 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-nhl-hockey-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.