(Topic ID: 178323)

Official 2017 NHL hockey thread

By cdnpinbacon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 709 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Pens go ahead 3-0

Gotta sweep to avoid more injuries!

#102 7 years ago

Back to back cups would be a fitting prize for the Penguins in their 50th season. My expectations are high. Of course, this is coming from the guy who thinks they shouldn't lose a single game all season.

#103 7 years ago

LOL sorry I just couldn't help myself.

NASHVILLE (resized).pngNASHVILLE (resized).png

#104 7 years ago

Last nite was epic..all games go to ot..I'm kinda happy for the pred fans. Nice comeback from the ducks..I can't cheer for the Alberta teams...

#105 7 years ago

Toronto frustrating the Caps was awesome!!

#106 7 years ago

Wow 7-0 SJ over the Oilers .... Penguins looked bad last night and still almost pulled off a win, Columbus gets a stay of execution!

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Wow 7-0 SJ over the Oilers .... Penguins looked bad last night and still almost pulled off a win, Columbus gets a stay of execution!

I want our Pens to close it out tomorrow and finish them

#108 7 years ago

Glad the ducks swept the lames errr flames..I picked Anaheim to win it all in my bracket this year..

#109 7 years ago

Somebody call a Waaambulance as you know Tortorella is going to cry and explain why Columbus losing wasn't his fault.

#110 7 years ago

Nice to see the Pens win and get some rest to watch the Caps vs Leafs series to study them.

#111 7 years ago

Huge Ranger win last night!

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Somebody call a Waaambulance as you know Tortorella is going to cry and explain why Columbus losing wasn't his fault.

Have to give Tortorella credit, no whining and no blaming others for the loss! Other than a reporter asking the same question over and over thought Tortorella handle post game well!

Now time to sit back and watch the Caps and Leafs battle it out! Almost hope Caps win as the Leafs speed and youth may be something that beats the Penguins!

On side note.....Oilers looked great last night! If it wasn't for Jones that game doesn't make it to OT! Jones played same last year in the finals!!!

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Agreed. Now they have to play the same way they played last time at MSG..... GO BRADY SKJEI>>>>>

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Mika bailed out Kreider BIG time! Thank God.

#115 7 years ago

Kreider and JT really need to get there shit together..

#116 7 years ago

What, no one watching playoffs this weekend? Rangers finished off Montreal, Sens ended bruins, Caps & Toronto scoreless going into 3rd period.

#117 7 years ago

Watching the game now to see if there will be a game 7 to determine who plays our Pens!

#118 7 years ago

Grouchy canuck fan but i hope the ducks sweep the oilers..and i hate the ducks!

#119 7 years ago

Here comes the second round.

#120 7 years ago

I was there tonight. What a season. Leafs take the best team in the league to 6 games and 5 in overtime! Still nearly cried. Hats off. Great hope for the future. Go Leafs go!

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from leaffan67:

I was there tonight. What a season. Leafs take the best team in the league to 6 games and 5 in overtime! Still nearly cried. Hats off. Great hope for the future. Go Leafs go!

Not to take away from the Leafs play but you have to remember the CAPS are notorious for blowing it in the Playoffs! Going to be interesting if they can beat Penguins! Penguins still have key players that are out!

The Leafs are a good young team! In a few years, if not sooner, the Leafs and Columbus will be the top teams, if they're able to keep their teams intact!

#122 7 years ago

Only in leafland is it a good thing to lose! You lost..its not an accomplishment! Is there a parade planned this week too?

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Grouchy canuck fan but i hope the ducks sweep the oilers..and i hate the ducks!

Looks like that won't happen!!

#124 6 years ago

About time for my pens show the Caps that they are still, and always will be, our bitch!

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Looks like that won't happen!!

Just knocking the rust off. Go Ducks!

#126 6 years ago

Man fleury is a freaking wall. He was better than Bob last round and was better than holtby game 1. He looks Calm, cool and collected now. Be afraid.......be very afraid. Oh and that Crosby guy is pretty good.

#127 6 years ago

Malkin had his worst game tonight, never seen him play this bad, fleury saved the day but there were some lucky bounces that went our way for once, a shot hit the helmet on the ice, refs missed 6 or 7 players on the ice for Caps in the 3rd, but I will take the win.

#128 6 years ago

It's expected to have some players look a little rusty after that long layoff. Malkin didn't look his usual dominant self. We definitely sat back after getting up 2 to 0. I'm never a fan of that cause the other team ends up with too many chances. Boninooooooooooooo is a playoff monster. He doesn't score a ton but when he does they are usually huge. All pressure is on the Caps now for game 2. Fleury is a much better goalie at home so this performance was against the grain for him and just what we needed. I was very pleased with how our team D looked yesterday. The high danger chances were limited and blocked shots were way up. Keep this up and I like out chances.

#129 6 years ago

Amazing game in Ottawa Pageau kid scores 4 goals and game winner in overtime .so glad my lawn mower broke.GO SENS!!!
    that was the one of the best playoff games in your history as Sens and a real treat to watch

#130 6 years ago

Pageau had a game for the ages. That was incredible.

Also my Pens just keep on rolling. The offense is lethal. Washington has carried the play a lot though. The difference in this series is fleury. When he is on his game , it is fun to watch. Holtby is broken right now. Don't think grubauer is the answer. It's not over till it's over though. We may have sustained a few injuries though so let's see what happens there.

#131 6 years ago

Caps fans have to be asking "how didn't we win" and as a Pens fan I can say .... "how did we win"??? Caps just dominated the Penguins for (probably) 2 periods! Fleury made some great saves but also the Caps missed the net a lot (they had to have 6 post/cross bars)!

Rangers blew the game! Henrik 8 goals in two games is a lot but when see the goals he gave up, hard to blame him! Pageau I think had three deflections!

#132 6 years ago

Goddam Rangers anyways! Played such a great game, then blow it in the waning minutes, then in OT. At least my boy Brady Skjei picked up a couple goals. He's my wife's nephew's cousin...

#133 6 years ago

Oilers lose! Haha.. damn, maybe Talbot will finally gas out.i like the way they playing, just hate it when my friend sends texts beaking like a parrot who's never won before. Nothing worse than fans who dont know how to win. You're not on the ice, and you dont own the team!

#134 6 years ago

OV and Niskanen are pieces of shit.

That is all.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

That is all.

OH IS IT?

WTF 2 empty net goals in the last minutes...wow I had to go downstairs and get the terrible towel out for this one (It was under the pot).

EDIT: Just found this thread kept wondering why I didn't see an NHL one.

#136 6 years ago

I dont think he meant to cross check him in the head.. Crosby was already falling from OV's tallywack. But damn

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I dont think he meant to cross check him in the head.. Crosby was already falling from OV's tallywack. But damn

He didn't...but when you remember the last game Crosby played it won't matter.

#138 6 years ago

Still a moral victory

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Intent or not, you are responsible for your stick.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

OV and Niskanen are pieces of shit.

Fucking Niskanen & Orpick turncoat fuckers

#141 6 years ago

That was such BS last night. Niskanen and Orpik should be out for the rest of the season. Bunch of damn cheating, violent cheap shot bastards. Also, the Capitals owe the NHL officials a big thank you for that win.

#142 6 years ago

Crosby's out for game 4

#143 6 years ago

kinda shitty play by AO..then to get the cross check..I think that the ref made the right call on this 1. The game is played at such a fast pace, it's unfortunate that this happens. I can't wait for game 4...

#144 6 years ago

The nhl is responsible for this type of play. And yes it was intentional. Nisky played here and all he does is cross check. He can't play physically otherwise. He admitted that he intended to cross check. I doubt he wanted to to catch him in the face but when you are conditioned to cross check this is bound to happen. Ovy on the other hand is just a dirty player. He respects nothing.

#145 6 years ago

Ducks dug themselves a huge hole but if anyone can battle back it's them. If not for Talbot and four or five posts this would be 3-0 Ducks.

I'm so sick of the NBCSN commentators acting like Connor McDavid walks on water. Skating on ice doesn't count.

Calling him the best player on the ice when Getzlaf is playing mind blowing hockey is insulting.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Crosby's out for game 4

He's going to out for a lot longer. They'll be giving us the BS line that he's doing better and looking good. We'll never see him and he'll be in a dark room all day

#147 6 years ago

Jake allen looks good threw the 1st period for the blues! gotta win this one

#148 6 years ago

Tomorrow the Pens need to win in order to move on in my opinion, I hope we pull it off. Tomorrow's game will set up everything for the rest of the series. But going 0 for 5 on the power play and not scoring on the big 5min one did not help. Also Sheary out as as well with conscussion. This just sucks as a true big Pens fan. Still my team but makes me sad.

#149 6 years ago

Biggest surprise in the playoffs so far has to be the preds. To sweep the hawks, and now up 3-1 vs the blues?! I knew that Rinne was a good goalie, but man...this team i think is 1 that's gonna represent the west in the finals..

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Tomorrow the Pens need to win in order to move on in my opinion,...

Agreed. If they lose just call the goons up and do some damage.

There are 709 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-nhl-hockey-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.