(Topic ID: 178323)

Official 2017 NHL hockey thread

By cdnpinbacon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 709 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.
    #551 6 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Great pics...kinda proud of you for making that trip!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Hell yeah Colsond3!!!

Quoted from Buzz:

Love the dedication. Looks like a great time thanks for the pics.

Thanks fellas. Was iffy on my schedule and not looking forward to the 10 hour drive round-trip, but glad I did. It was stellar. Back to back = had to go.

#552 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks fellas. Was iffy on my schedule and not looking forward to the 10 hour drive round-trip,

Shit dude I drove to Mellon for Game 4 in 2008 and back after and it was a goddamn loss That was not pleasant.

#553 6 years ago

These are pretty good

14975333741 (resized).png14975333741 (resized).png

14975333361 (resized).png14975333361 (resized).png

#554 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit dude I drove to Mellon for Game 4 in 2008 and back after and it was a goddamn loss That was not pleasant.

Well, that does suck. Doing my first two years of undergrad at Pitt, I drove back and forth...a lot. Plus have driven out for some games myself. Unfortunately, I'm not 20 anymore...so long drives aren't as "easy" LOL. I figured I drive all over the damn place for pins, so I was definitely driving out for that party.

Quoted from ercvacation:

These are pretty good

Schultz was wasted...fans were throwing beers to him and Guentzel. Ruhwedel was the best though....he came right next to where we were standing, a fan handed him a beer over the blockade, and he actually cracked it and pounded it on the spot. Classic. Carter Rowney was wasted also...all the young chaps.

#555 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Well, that does suck. Doing my first two years of undergrad at Pitt, I drove back and forth...a lot. Plus have driven out for some games myself. Unfortunately, I'm not 20 anymore...so long drives aren't as "easy" LOL. I figured I drive all over the damn place for pins, so I was definitely driving out for that party.

Schultz was wasted...fans were throwing beers to him and Guentzel. Ruhwedel was the best though....he came right next to where we were standing, a fan handed him a beer over the blockade, and he actually cracked it and pounded it on the spot. Classic. Carter Rowney was wasted also...all the young chaps.

I was watching on the computer. I had already took monday off and will be taking off friday so didn't want to use 3 days in one week. I get a ton of time off but I use it so damn quick. That was a long ass parade and the part down at the point seemed pretty short. Looks like a lot of the boys were having fun.....as well they should.

#556 6 years ago

Las Vegas expansion and awards tonight ...good show so far

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#557 6 years ago

#558 6 years ago

#559 6 years ago

#560 6 years ago

#561 6 years ago

#562 6 years ago

Final pick of first round

#563 6 years ago

Yeah, curious to see if they rip some stars away from other teams. Technically, they can.

#564 6 years ago

Can't even watch leafs choose ..don't want Leivo taken

#565 6 years ago

Take Martin ..don't care if he's good in the room

#566 6 years ago

Congrats Austin Matthews first leaf to win Calder since Britt Selby in 1966

#567 6 years ago

Fleury's name is definitely getting called

#568 6 years ago

Sucks to see Fleury go. What a human being. Hope they re-sign Bones and Hainsey. Would be hilarious if they worked out a trade with Vegas for Nate Schmidt. I live in Caps Country now and would be the first in line for his shirt.

In any case, I think the Pens are going to be better next year, which is scary. It will be incredible if they pull off a three-peat.

#569 6 years ago

Any thoughts on Hossa? He's one of my favorite players of all time and one of the most standup guys in NHL history, so all the talk about salary cap shenanigans are hard for me to wrap my head around. Plus the fact he had an excellent year last year makes it hard for me to believe this is sandbagging.

#570 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Fleury's name is definitely getting called

Hated to see him go but was neat to see (well hear) the Vegas fans chanting "Fleury" when his name was called!

#571 6 years ago

image001 (resized).jpgimage001 (resized).jpg

IMG_7634 (resized).PNGIMG_7634 (resized).PNG

#572 6 years ago

Hossa to retire . No joke, he's allergic to his equipment

#574 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Any thoughts on Hossa? He's one of my favorite players of all time and one of the most standup guys in NHL history, so all the talk about salary cap shenanigans are hard for me to wrap my head around. Plus the fact he had an excellent year last year makes it hard for me to believe this is sandbagging.

I hate to admit it-but shenanigans did cross my mind when I herd this.......I cant recall ever hearing about this allergy ever before....so it was out of the blue to us Chicago fans.

One of the best 2 way players ive seen play and a great mentor for the young players.....hope he recovers from this. I hope the Hawks find a coaching position to keep him with the organization.

Was hoping the Knights would take Kruger instead of TVR, would have given us a bit more salary to work with in the off season.

#575 6 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

I hate to admit it-but shenanigans did cross my mind when I herd this.......I cant recall ever hearing about this allergy ever before....so it was out of the blue to us Chicago fans.
    One of the best 2 way players ive seen play and a great mentor for the young players.....hope he recovers from this. I hope the Hawks find a coaching position to keep him with the organization.
    Was hoping the Knights would take Kruger instead of TVR, would have given us a bit more salary to work with in the off season.

I was hoping that as well but good young defensemen with cheap contracts are tough to find. Not a Steve Rosenbloom fan but he did a fantastic collumn about Hossa in the Tribune today.

#576 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I was hoping that as well but good young defensemen with cheap contracts are tough to find. Not a Steve Rosenbloom fan but he did a fantastic collumn about Hossa in the Tribune today.

I get the Sun Times-ill see if that article is online.....

#577 6 years ago

Eberle traded straight up for islanders strome

#578 6 years ago

Thx for heads up on Hossa article,
    I'll check it out

#579 6 years ago

TVR now traded to the Carolina 'Blackhawks'.....lol

Darling
    Teravainen
    Nordstrom

All Ex-Hawks

#581 6 years ago

Man took him 3 cup tries in a row to get one, and then got 2 more! Well played sir.

#582 6 years ago

Hossa was/is a great player , unfortunately for me I was watching the game the night he took out the Leafs Bryan Berards eye with a high stick. 1 of a few games I wished I never watched.

#583 6 years ago

Still enjoying the back to back

#584 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Still enjoying the back to back

Damn right.

#585 6 years ago

Was wondering how long to keep my flag flying out front. I think July 3rd prob a good cut off date

#586 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Was wondering how long to keep my flag flying out front. I think July 3rd prob a good cut off date

Just because I live outside of Philly and Flyers fans hate me and my team so much, I may very well leave mine up until October.

#587 6 years ago

Sir, that us our right.

#588 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

US flag for the 4th, then you can put your rainbow flag back out.

#589 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

then you can put your rainbow flag back out.

That has it's own pole and flies all year.

Other than Steelers' flag waiting the only reason I take it down is to protect it. I just bought the thing 2 years ago and we have 2 cups...gotta keep this puppy safe!

#590 6 years ago

Got this banner this year! Hanging in my bar/great room so goes well!

IMG_7637[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7637[1] (resized).JPG

#591 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Got this banner this year! Hanging in my bar/great room so goes well!

Awesome...small banner LOL. Where did you pick that up?

#592 6 years ago

Can't wait to see what happens w the free agency deadline coming up..a few big names are available..tough to negotiate w the salary cap..will Duschene finally get moved from the wreck that is Colorado?

#593 6 years ago

I hate the Devils new uniform.

It looks like a jersey designed for women....I hate the new owners and I miss Lou Lamoriello.

#594 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It looks like a jersey designed for women.

The NHL signed a new deal with Adidas and they designed all the jerseys! The NHL is going to be putting advertisement on the jerseys (mo money) and thus the reason you see no graphics/designs on the front of the shoulders!

Quoted from Colsond3:Awesome...small banner LOL.

It's a little big but the photo makes it look even bigger since the banner is in the fore front!

#595 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

The NHL signed a new deal with Adidas and they designed all the jerseys! The NHL is going to be putting advertisement on the jerseys (mo money) and thus the reason you see no graphics/designs on the front of the shoulders!

I know uniform advertisements are coming. Devils owners also own the 76ers. They were the first NBA team to announce advertisements on the uniforms.

It's a crying shame that the Boston Celtics followed with the same thing. This is the Celtics...I didn't expect less, just look at what the owners have allowed to happen to the Celtics uniform over the last decade.

Back to the Devils, the new owners have done everything in their power to remove every bit of influence Lou Lamoriello had over this franchise...this is definitely my last season as a ticket holder with the team. The identity that the Devils had is lost forever.

#596 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Back to the Devils, the new owners have done everything in their power to remove every bit of influence Lou Lamoriello had over this franchise...this is definitely my last season as a ticket holder with the team. The identity that the Devils had is lost forever.

Well, I wasn't particularly fond of Ray Shero when he was in the Pens' front office. Apparently he and Lemieux disagreed on quite a few things also. I haven't paid attention to the Devils since Brodeur retired and Parise left. Although I work in Princeton, NJ, so I do head up to the Prudential Center via train when the Pens are playing them.

#597 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think this is a good thing!!! From an avid hockey fan I think the future is looking better for the Devils! As a season ticket holder for the Penguins the Devils games were the first games that I sold my tickets for as I just found the Devils style (neutral trap) to be so boring to watch!

Seeing some of the transaction the Devils had made I think they're headed in the right direction! Look at the Penguins last two years...they won the cups because of the likes of Crosby and Malkin but mostly due to speed! The Devils haven't had that speed in years....their method to winning was clogging up the neutral zone and when that didnt work you had Martin there!!!

Hang on to your tickets as I think the Devils will be a lot better of a team in the next few years!

#598 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I think this is a good thing!!! From an avid hockey fan I think the future is looking better for the Devils! As a season ticket holder for the Penguins the Devils games were the first games that I sold my tickets for as I just found the Devils style (neutral trap) to be so boring to watch!
    Seeing some of the transaction the Devils had made I think they're headed in the right direction! Look at the Penguins last two years...they won the cups because of the likes of Crosby and Malkin but mostly due to speed! The Devils haven't had that speed in years....their method to winning was clogging up the neutral zone and when that didnt work you had Martin there!!!
    Hang on to your tickets as I think the Devils will be a lot better of a team in the next few years!

New ownership isn't spending money on the players.

Our goals against this past season, is the highest it's been since around 1992.

#599 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

New ownership isn't spending money on the players.
    Our goals against this past season, is the highest it's been since around 1992.

Not saying its going to happen over night but the GAA being higher is a result of them getting away from that neutral zone trap/defensive style hockey! You say they aren't spending the money but yet according to http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/cap/2016/ the Devils were the 8th highest payroll! That's higher than 22 other teams in the league so they're spending....just not getting the results yet!

If you're that upset over the Devils you could always switch teams......here is a site you can get some SC merchandise..... http://shop.nhl.com/Pittsburgh_Penguins_Gear

#600 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

If you're that upset over the Devils you could always switch teams......here is a site you can get some SC merchandise..... http://shop.nhl.com/Pittsburgh_Penguins_Gear

Hahaha. Switch...switch...switch...switch...working yet?

There are 709 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-nhl-hockey-thread/page/12?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.