1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 709 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 82 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6959 (resized).JPG
    CoorsLightNHL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 709 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
    #1 1 year ago

The coolest game on earth is in full swing and being a Toronto maple leaf fan, I must say this is the best season I have watched the leafs play in a long time. Austin Mathews is the real deal and has a good chance to take home the Calder trophy.
    It's been a very long time (Sundin) since the Leafs have had a young player like this kid. I mean, scoring 4 goals in your first ever NHL game? big kid deceptively fast, great shot...kudos to the American development program and congrats to the US World junior team!

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The coolest game on earth is in full swing and being a Toronto maple leaf fan, I must say this is the best season I have watched the leafs play in a long time. Austin Mathews is the real deal and has a good chance to take home the Calder trophy.
    It's been a very long time (Sundin) since the Leafs have had a young player like this kid. I mean, scoring 4 goals in your first ever NHL game? big kid deceptively fast, great shot...kudos to the American development program and congrats to the US World junior team!

Ya you guys have some awesome Youngsters,will be a Great Team in a few years and already fun to watch .

#4 1 year ago

It's good 4 hockey to see the leafs finally have a good young team..Babcock is a helluva coach. Being a Canucks fan, I wish that my team would make a few changes like the leafs did and get rid of a few veterans and get a lil younger. Mathews is the real deal; he might not be the sniper like Laine, but a better overall player..

#5 1 year ago

How do you trade $14M worth of twins though??

#6 1 year ago

OILERS (resized).png

#7 1 year ago

Maken, no team could take that w the salary cap..plus they have a no trade clause..my team has just a few players that could be potentially traded..Edler.. Hansen.. Burrows and Miller. Maybe Tanev, but a top 4 D men would be hard to let go of..unless a Duschense/Landeskog come up...

#8 1 year ago

IMG_5834 (resized).JPG

#9 1 year ago

^ Easiest thumbs up ever.

#10 1 year ago

^ thank you! Your avatar needs updated with the new (old and always correct) gold. I never liked that vegas gold they went to. Made their uniforms look bland. Proper uniforms now. Just need to bring the yellow sweaters back too!

IMG_5835 (resized).JPG

#11 1 year ago

Great Leaf win but I'm ticked Leivo wasn't in the lineup. Looks like trade coming for Josh..

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

^ thank you! Your avatar needs updated with the new (old and always correct) gold. I never liked that vegas gold they went to. Made their uniforms look bland. Proper uniforms now. Just need to bring the yellow sweaters back too!

Done.

BTW, nice collection!

#13 1 year ago

Blackhawks are right on track again..................

#14 1 year ago

My pens are bringing home the cup again. Crosby will win the art Ross, rocket and Hart. You know it's true .

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

OP - here's hoping that the Leafs are finally committed to building a great team. In the past it just seemed that the management was ok with mediocrity. Now they have a good kid to build a team around and build off of!

The World Champs tourney was great to watch! Some very good hockey! Canada looked to be the better team in the Finals but the US hung in and found a way to win!!!

meSz

PS - Thanks for Kessel! Although he hasn't performed to the level we were expecting in the regular season he was certainly a crucial part in the playoffs last year!!!

#16 1 year ago

and another thing.....for all those Canadians reading this that have the Bud Red Lights and Glasses!!! Do you guys have an issue with the light and glasses working together? When I purchased the glasses, which arent available in the States (yet) I downloaded the Canadian app to make them work! Problem is the Red Light then doesn't work. Currently I have to use the US version app for the Red Light and the Canadian app version for the glasses!!!

#17 1 year ago

Good for Kessel, most fans in Toronto were happy he Won the cup. The junior tourney was A++.. I was not at the final but checked out a few games live. Tickets could be had for a song all tournament..more scouts than fans
    the Young Gun leafs are chasing down Boston for 2nd place?? Lol ...ps I'm super pissed JL seems to be in babcocks shit book..that really sucks

#18 1 year ago

As for beer swag: Babsocks ..out of a coors light case

image (resized).jpg

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

My pens are bringing home the cup again. Crosby will win the art Ross, rocket and Hart. You know it's true .

Your boys Getting spanked tonight

#20 1 year ago

I only have one thing to add to this thread (for now).

IMG_0845 (resized).png

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

The flu has been going through the room. Letang got hurt and his normal partner, dumoulin, is out with a broken jaw. We haven't looked good 3 games in a row. Adversity is a good thing. I'm not worried about it yet.

#22 1 year ago

Penguins going through the every year slump. Last year it took them almost 3 months to even start playing well. Record was crap October thru December!!!

One prediction I will make is .... the Caps will finish first place again as they have yet to figure out that it doesn't matter!!!

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

The flu has been going through the room. Letang got hurt and his normal partner, dumoulin, is out with a broken jaw. We haven't looked good 3 games in a row. Adversity is a good thing. I'm not worried about it yet.

Quoted from meSz:

Penguins going through the every year slump. Last year it took them almost 3 months to even start playing well. Record was crap October thru December!!!
    One prediction I will make is .... the Caps will finish first place again as they have yet to figure out that it doesn't matter!!!

Oh I never worry bout the Pens.....Ima huge Flyers fan so no love for those guys. Of course we have horrible D and not much help in net of late so another year of slumping through the regular season.
    The caps always make the POs....getting deep into them is there Achilles heel. Poor Ovi!

#24 1 year ago

This could be the season where every Canadian team makes it into the playoffs except Winnipeg.

Vancouver n Calgary have picked it up after a slow start.

Ottawa is right there in the mix

Toronto and Edmonton after years of gloom n doom are both playing well

Mtl seems to not have to rely on price to win with Montoya as a solid back up.

I'm hoping mcd gets the art n hart. Mathews should get the Calder if he stays healthy.

#25 1 year ago

I took the whole family to a Ducks game this month since they are our local team, and wow looks like they got it together. With a shut out last night might be some good cup hockey coming up that's local.

#26 1 year ago

Ima huge Flyers fan

Sorry to hear that as the Flyers will never have a winning team with the knuckleheads they have running that team. They get so close to building a good team but they don't seem to realize that the Broad St Bully days don't work anymore! Instead of filling up the roster with talent they always waste spots for fighters!

#27 1 year ago

I really feel sorry for hard core islander fans . We are lucky our teams are safe and secure.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I took the whole family to a Ducks game this month since they are our local team, and wow looks like they got it together. With a shut out last night might be some good cup hockey coming up that's local.

That's great news! I'm sure a good bang for your buck as well. curious, how much were your tickets,,etc..
    Example Take a family of 3 to a leaf game cost: tickets,parking,food 400.00 plus souvenirs 100.00 (no jersey) Cost does not include alcohol. ...and for all these years with our mediocre teams

#29 1 year ago

Cost is about the same. 4 club level seats behind goal were $125 a piece with parking and early admission included. Worth it though. Bathrooms right there all food and drinks brought to our seats by a waiter, never had to miss a second of game. Game went into overtime great fast and physical game against the Coyotes. My kids loved it. Plus you got a private meeting with a player after the game. Up north due they have girls that clean the ice as well?

image (resized).jpeg

#30 1 year ago

I meant do. Stupid phone.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Cost is about the same. 4 club level seats behind goal were $125 a piece with parking and early admission included. Worth it though. Bathrooms right there all food and drinks brought to our seats by a waiter, never had to miss a second of game. Game went into overtime great fast and physical game against the Coyotes. My kids loved it. Plus you got a private meeting with a player after the game. Up north due they have girls that clean the ice as well?

Is that season ticket holder pricing or face value pricing. I know many ppl complain about ticket prices for the oilers. But really a season ticket in the lower bowl between the blue line is $175 but face value is $350. Parking ranges from $12-30 depending on how close or how far. I park for free behind a business not that far away from the arena and just walk.
    Food prices. Hamburger fries and pop is about $27. A bottle of Gatorade is $7.50

These prices are in cnd. And could be off a few dollars.

#32 1 year ago

It was the price printed on the tickets that I got as a gift from a season ticket holder so not sure. You get a lot for the the price of a season ticket when it comes to hockey. I've always watched on tv, but live is just amazing.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

How do you trade $14M worth of twins though??

Simple to another Canadian team that won't make the playoffs, Go Pens, we lost three in a row not good.

#34 1 year ago

Congrats out to the USA Woman's Junior team for winning their tournament! Has to be the first time, I really don't know, that both the men and woman beat the Canadians for the Championship! Canadian flags at half-mast?

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Congrats out to the USA Woman's Junior team for winning their tournament! Has to be the first time, I really don't know, that both the men and woman beat the Canadians for the Championship! Canadian flags at half-mast?

I read a lot of the pro players blogs. the thing when it comes to hockey. The Canadian mentally isn't about beating the USA. Losing to the USA isn't the main disappointment. Each time Canada takes to ice in hockey. There is only 1 acceptable outcome and that is gold. Not achieving gold is biggest disappointment

When they don't win gold. They feel they let down and have failed the country.

#36 1 year ago

Hockey is completely different up north. Kind of like softball down here in the south.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Sorry to hear that as the Flyers will never have a winning team with the knuckleheads they have running that team. They get so close to building a good team but they don't seem to realize that the Broad St Bully days don't work anymore! Instead of filling up the roster with talent they always waste spots for fighters!

#38 1 year ago

Well said pinballophobe ..so many classic games I have watched over the years Calgary vs Edmonton, always HNIC game 2.
    I'm not a big fan of Jim hughson calling our game nationally or Leafs. I was weaned on the great Bob Cole....just seems like howdy doody is calling the game now.

#39 1 year ago

Your boys Getting spanked tonight</blockquote
    ..someone got spanked today!

#40 1 year ago

It is sad to see this whole thread with out the mention of my beloved Redwings. So sad to see how far we have fallen. Alas, no playoffs this year for the first time in 26 years. Good luck to all of the competitive teams out there. At least we will get a top level draft pick for a change...

#41 1 year ago

The flyguys got owned today...the struggle is real.

Quoted from Noobee:

It is sad to see this whole thread with out the mention of my beloved Redwings. So sad to see how far we have fallen. Alas, no playoffs this year for the first time in 26 years. Good luck to all of the competitive teams out there. At least we will get a top level draft pick for a change...

I was shocked to see Datsyuk abandon the team like that....he just disappeared.

#42 1 year ago

Go Wild!!!!

image (resized).jpeg

#43 1 year ago

I was shocked to see Datsyuk abandon the team like that....he just disappeared.

Well, he is the magic man, after all.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Noobee:

U guys don't need a high draft. U guys can pick 30th and still get the diamonds in the rough. What really changed the NHL was when you guys got lidstrom. Not only was he a cornerstone for Detroit as a franchise. But he made the NHL bigger in Sweden. All of sudden. They were showing more NHL on tv and Swedish kids were all wanting to be like Lidstrom

#45 1 year ago

I kind of knew when Lidstrom retired that we were in for a significant decline. Hockey fans know how great he was, but for us Wing fans, watching him every game, he was even better than most others realize. He was a once in a lifetime player.

#46 1 year ago

Dubnyk for the vezina !!!

When he was in Edmonton and had a tough year. I told my friends give him some time and he will bounce back because he got married over the summer and he won't be in game shape for a bit. Unfortunately. It took him a lot longer to bounce back. He was almost out of NHL job. But he bounced back great. Glad he is playing great for u guys.

#47 1 year ago

Great win in Chicago tonight!!

Go Wild!!

#48 1 year ago

6 on 4 and they held them off.

#49 1 year ago

Ducks and Blues playing very physical and going into OT.

#50 1 year ago

I remember goin to a ducks game back maybe 15 years ago vs my nux..tix were lower bowl and took my nephew for 32/tix each..cool to read/hear from fans down south and their take/exp on hockey...I use to live close to u Buzz..about 30 miles west..mo valley..Beaumont is a nice small quiet town..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 74.95
    Various Novelties
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    $ 989.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 329.00
    $ 164.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    There are 709 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside