Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 722 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1175_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    ready_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    1457319022391_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrebel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#432 8 years ago

This comment is waaaaaay out of line. Ed is one of the nicest people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting in this hobby.
    The amount of work that goes into the show is staggering.

Ken

Quoted from Whysnow:

You really are kind of an asshole for someone running a show that people are spending large amounts of money and time off to come to. I suggest not being suck a dick to your paying customers.
    Sorry but on the recent coast to coast podcast it was referenced that the games are being worked out back then and they even made mention of a few already being decided. The host of the show even suggested that you get your shit in gear and announce the games ESPESCIALLY since your TDs are also competitors. If there is no advantage to anybody and the hosts are not playing then it really doesnot matter much. With host also competing thenit does matter.
    From the sounds of it your competition sucked badly last year. If you want to continue to make improvements then no need To be so defensive. I suggest taking feedback and adjusting to make it better. Either prevent your hosts from playing in the evnt or ensure they do evenrything they can to level the advantages.

#439 8 years ago

I guess I'm just old, but usually feedback laced with profanity doesn't qualify as constructive to me.
    The list will be posted ASAP.

Ken

Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey, he is the guy calling me a conspiracy theorist. There is absolutely no reason for him to be a prick to paying customers, especially when his co-director has already publicly stated games are on a short list and the majority already selected.
    Go listen to Coast to Coast podcast #216 from over 2 weeks ago (around 25min in). Colin clearly says they have a short list of games selected and already know 3 out of the 4 games in each the EM, SS, and DMD banks. He lists GOT, fireball and Frontier as 3 of the games.
    It has now been 2 more weeks closer to the event and Colin along with a few other competitors/ insiders already know the majority of the games. I am not sure why it is so difficult to just publish the full short list and then as things become solidified you clearly denote that. If the TPF continues to want to make better competitions then they need to bring transparency and legitimacy to the actual competition, not snarky comments from the show organizer when someone is providing legitimate feedback.

1 week later
    #566 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

The Whirlwind in the tournament area will be available to purchase.
    Contact Ken Kemp, Pinball Rebel for more details.
    Marcus

Actually, the one in the tourney area isn't for sale. Mine won't be in the tourney area it will be on the floor.

Ken

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrebel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2016-texas-pinball-festival-thread?tu=pinballrebel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.