Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 722 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1175_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    ready_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    1457319022391_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZippyThePinhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#358 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Jack just confirmed with us! He will be featured on the next Wanted poster

Do Jack and Gary exchange pleasantries when they are in proximity...or do they avoid each other like the plague? In another words, do you see them inside events like the TPF at the same time or do they only make appearances in alternating shifts? Just curious cause I've been to the TPF many times over the years and have never seen them in the same room together.

2 weeks later
    #408 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

1st time going to Texas, only in for the show. But was wondering if there were some can't miss food places nearby that should be hit while I'm there?

Rudy's BBQ is a few miles north up the Dallas North Tollway just passed Main Street...Babe's Chicken is a few miles north up the Dallas North Tollway just before Main Street on the east side of Frisco Square...not sure I'd consider them "can't miss food places"...but pretty good nonetheless. If you don't mind spending a little more, Pappadeaux's Seafood is a few miles south on the Dallas North Tollway and is definitely a "can't miss food place"!

#459 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrebel:

This comment is waaaaaay out of line. Ed is one of the nicest people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting in this hobby.

If you personally know Ed and you're in his inner circle of pinball friends, I'm sure this statement is very much true. I'm not so sure the average person who attends the TPF would feel the same way. I've seen and experienced some not so friendly interactions with Ed during the TPF. Nothing to extreme, but not what you'd expect from the organizer/host of an event where you've spent your hard earned money...

#466 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

1st time going to Texas, only in for the show. But was wondering if there were some can't miss food places nearby that should be hit while I'm there?

Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Rudy's BBQ is a few miles north up the Dallas North Tollway just passed Main Street...Babe's Chicken is a few miles north up the Dallas North Tollway just before Main Street on the east side of Frisco Square...not sure I'd consider them "can't miss food places"...but pretty good nonetheless. If you don't mind spending a little more, Pappadeaux's Seafood is a few miles south on the Dallas North Tollway and is definitely a "can't miss food place"!

There is also an authentic wood-burning Italian pizza place in Frisco Square called Pizzeria Testa. Just remember, this is authentic Italian pizza and NOT American pizza. If Tex Mex is to your liking, Mattito's is also located in Frisco Square. Both have very good food, but if I had to chose 1 out of all that I have recommended...I would still pick Pappadeaux's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZippyThePinhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2016-texas-pinball-festival-thread?tu=ZippyThePinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.