Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 722 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1175_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    ready_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    1457319022391_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed_in_Texas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

Hotel is already 30% booked

2 months later
    #43 8 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Ed can you open more rooms for the event?

More rooms have been opened for Weds/Thurs. There are rooms available for Fri-Sun.
    Hotel is 50% booked.

#44 8 years ago

Official TPF 2016 logo...

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

2 months later
    #66 8 years ago

Attention Tournament Players: For 2016, we consulted with IFPA - International Flipper Pinball Association President Josh Sharp and Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast host Nate Shivers to bring you an all new tournament format for TPF! There will be just one main "Wizards" event with a potential prize pool of over $12,000! This is a 100% payout tournament! Only 200 spots will be available. #TPF2016 preregistration opens October 1st and Wizards tourney players will be able to purchase their entry at that time.
    Check it out!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/

image.jpgimage.jpg

#67 8 years ago

Our popular and collectable challenge coins return for #TPF2016 with three different designs.
    All three share the 2016 TPF logo (top left).
    A "Limited Edition" coin will be available for purchase beginning October 1st. There will be only 200 minted and each individually numbered (top right).
    Exhibitors that bring games set to free play for the weekend will be honored with their own special coin (bottom left) in addition to all the other Exhibitor perks.
    The "Posse" coin is an exclusive gift just for our volunteers, vendors, special guests, and show supporters (bottom right).

image.jpgimage.jpg

#73 8 years ago

FACT: Cold beverages* taste 27% better in a TPF 2016 pint glass. Available October 1st online or at the show while supplies last.
    *beverage not included

image.jpgimage.jpg

#76 8 years ago

TPF 2016 Pre-Registration is OPEN! Tourney players: Get your Wizards entry now! Only 200 available!

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/were-open/

2 weeks later
    #89 8 years ago

Heighway Pinball is coming.

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Wonder if this signals CC as the next PPS remake ...

image.gifimage.gif

#101 8 years ago

Women's shirts are a Bella+ Canvas 3001C Unisex Jersey. 4.2oz 100% combed and ringspun cotton. They have a longer torso. They are not as curvy as a traditional woman's shirt, but they are more tapered and light weight than the standard TPF shirt. This is the same women's shirt we offered in 2014 and 2015.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#102 8 years ago

The 2016 TPF room block at the Embassy Suites is sold out! If you did not get a room, fear not! We have partnered with a few near by hotels offering a great rate for TPF guests!

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/wp-content/images/2015/10/TPF2016-overflow-hotels.pdf

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Note: Players ranked 300 or better on the IFPA World Ranking are not eligible to play in the High Score Tournaments.
    Guess they aren't going to count for IFPA points either then. Not sure if I'm mad or not. I really wanted to sandbag though!

Correct. Only IFPA points tournament is the Texas Wizards.

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wonder why 300 was used as cutoff?

Disqualifying the top 300 was the IFPA's recomendation. High score tournament is intended to give newer hobbyists / players a small side tournament. Disqualifying the top 300 players keeps the super players from taking home all the trophies

2 weeks later
    #116 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Shoot, with this crew I wouldn't be surprised if that was a hoax just to get some pics of girls

Not a hoax. It's one of TPFs vendor's that is planning a nice world class display. In fact, several vendors are planning amazing booths and announcements.

1 week later
    #118 8 years ago

Pinball Czar! His Majesty! His Grace! Supreme Ruler! The KING of Pinball! A Texas Pinball Festival staple! Famed pinball designer Steve Ritchie will return to #TPF2016 to hold court and visit with fans and loyal subjects! You're attendance is requested!
    Pre-Register now and save $20 off a weekend pass! Bring a game set to free play and get in FREE!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration/pre-registration-open/

image.jpegimage.jpeg

1 week later
    #120 8 years ago

Famed pinball artist Paul Faris returns to #TPF2016

Best known for his amazing art on titles such as Xenon, Playboy, Eight Ball, Evel Knievel, Lost World, Centaur, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Paragon and many more, Paul Faris will be at TPF 2016 to visit with guests.

This is a great opportunity to have your classic pin signed by the man himself!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#121 8 years ago

Meet Jack Danger at #TPF2016! Making his debut appearance at the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival, Dead Flip : Pinball Streaming host and Twitch.tv star Jack Danger will be live streaming from TPF and co-commentating the Texas Wizard Tournament Finals on Saturday night!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#171 8 years ago

Get your TPF swag in time for Christmas! In stock merchandise will be shipped out by December 16th to ensure a Christmas arrival. You can guarantee you get what you want, even out-of-stock items, by ordering before December 8th.

And don’t forget that Weekend Pass prices go up on January 1st, so don’t wait.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#182 8 years ago

George Gomez is Back!
    Famed pinball designer and Executive Vice President of Game Development at Stern Pinball Inc., George Gomez is coming to the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival. He will interview Live with Nate Shivers of Coast 2 Coast Pinball Podcast. George will also be signing autographs, taking pictures with fans, and visiting with guests.

A few of George’s great games include Monster Bash, Revenge from Mars, Corvette, Lord of the Rings, Batman (Stern), Transformers and The Avengers.

george.jpggeorge.jpg

#207 8 years ago

A word from Mr. Steve Ritchie:

1 week later
    #208 8 years ago

Multimorphic returns! Play Lexy Lightspeed - Escape from Earth at TPF 2016!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/multimorphic2016/

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#218 8 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Machines do sell early.
    I have already sold 3 of the 6 I posted in the other thread and two more already have interested buyers.
    At this rate I may not be bringing anything for sale.

Hopefully you'll still have something to bring to the show on free play. I'm glad that TPF is a great resource to bring buyers and sellers together. I just hate seeing the "Bringing this to TPF" followed by the "game is sold, not coming to TPF" posts, but that's the nature of the hobby I guess.

#219 8 years ago

Meet famed pinball music and sound composer Chris Granner! Chris will be joining Mark Ritchie in a fun seminar about their work together on many of your favorite games!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/meet-chris-granner/

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#236 8 years ago

From our family to yours... wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

christmas-card-2016_(resized).jpgchristmas-card-2016_(resized).jpg

#243 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Fact: Grant heard there was nothing in Texas but steers and queers, and decided not to bother going there.

Says the person too ashamed or embarrassed to list his location

I've always found it amusing that some folks not from Texas rarely have any pride for their own state but are quick to take shots at Texas.

Come to Texas and TPF. I promise we'll change your mind!

#253 8 years ago

LAST CHANCE FOR A $40 ADULT WEEKEND PASS!

The Texas Pinball Festival would not be possible without the generosity and support of its vendors and exhibitors that bring games to the show for all to enjoy. That said, if you are unable to bring a game and get in free, your chance to save $20 on a weekend pass for the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival ends December 31st. The price goes up when the ball drops on the New Year! Go here to purchase your passes and merchandise now:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration/pre-registration-open/

CALL FOR GAMES! If you're an exhibitor and ready to register your pinball machine and/or classic arcade game, go here:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/exhibitors-main/

Don't forget that exhibitors get first chance at participating in our World Record Attempt and receive many other great incentives including access to the exclusive Exhibitor/Vendor after party on Saturday night, an exclusive 2016 TPF Exhibitor Challenge Coin, a chance to win one of two $500 cash prizes courtesy of Pinball Side Mirrors, door prizes during show set-up, and more!

Finally, if you were unable to get a room at the Embassy Suites, you can still get a room at a great contracted rate at one of several nearby hotels. Go here for all the details:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/wp-content/images/2015/10/TPF2016-overflow-hotels.pdf

Have a safe and Happy New Year!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#256 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just got mine today, as well as a tournament ticket. I hope the tourney doesn't chew up my whole weekend like Pinburgh did. I'd like to actually enjoy myself in between getting my ass kicked.

With the new tourney format, you will have plenty of time to also enjoy the show.

2 weeks later
    #270 8 years ago

The 2016 Texas Pinball Festival welcomes back popular pinball podcast host Nate Shivers from Coast 2 Coast Pinball and new web video series “Pinball with the Pros“!

Nate will host a live seminar style podcast for guests and fans of the show, including an exclusive one on one interview with famed pinball designer and Executive Vice President of Game Design at Stern Pinball George Gomez.

Nate will also be joining popular pinball live streaming host Jack Danger of Dead Flip Pinballon Twitch.tv commentating the Texas Wizards Tournament finals on Saturday evening!

#274 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Can't make 2016, going to try to make 2017, have to choose my days off now. (Stupid, I know). Are there any likely dates for 2017? General week? Kind of like Allentown where it's the first weekend in May?

March 24-26, 2017

#278 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Do I need to book my hotel now?

That is probably not a bad idea, but the discounted room rate won't be available until after the 2016 show

#280 8 years ago

Win a new Stern Spider-Man Vault Edition pinball machine at TPF 2016 in our American Heroes Charity Raffle! Tickets can only be purchased at the show and you must be present to win! Visit the Texas Pinball Festival website for more information and get your weekend pass!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/

#289 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Just curious if you have identified the tournament games yet. Hoping to get a list in time to read up on the rules of games I may not fully understand yet.

Not yet. I'm sure the list won't be finalized until week or two before the show, maybe sooner. I know the tourney guys are working on it now. Of course any list that is published is subject to change

#294 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

how much are the entries? I can't remember.

$5 each or 5 for $20

#304 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Thanks for all the transportation advice. Also, when does TPF officially end on Sunday? The site says it ends at 2pm after awards are presented. How long will the game hall stay open afterwards before games are broken down?

Exhibitors and vendors usually start breaking down as soon as the awards ceremony begins. The power to the games is cut off so everyone can hear.

#312 8 years ago

More awesome guests to be announced soon!

#322 8 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Where's JJP Jack!?

Jack just confirmed with us! He will be featured on the next Wanted poster

#323 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Where's Harry Williams?

Playing pinball in Heaven. He'll be at TPF. Hotel staff has reported in the past, hearing pinball being played in the main hall after show hours and when they check, no one is there.

#325 8 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Gonna play some GB at the TPF

Of course nothing is guaranteed...

#329 8 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Damn Ed I was just goofing!

And hopefully you don't always believe Magic 8 Balls
    Honestly, I have no idea, but fingers crossed!

#337 8 years ago

Jack is Back!
    Jersey Jack Pinball President and CEO Jack Guarnieri is coming to TPF and he’s bringing the in-production title “The Hobbit” with him! Read more at:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/jack-is-back-2/

#355 8 years ago

2015 Texas Pinball Festival Exhibitor Grand Champion winner Shawn Farwell will once again be showing off his super cool custom TRANSPARENT 1977 Sonic "Super Straight" at TPF 2016!

#367 8 years ago

Check out this crazy fun custom pinball machine! Exhibitor Alan Lewis is planning to bring his custom "Reverse Flush" pinball machine to TPF 2016. It's based off a 1970 Williams "Straight Flush". The playfield is flipped around and the scoring counts down (so low score wins).

#373 8 years ago

John Trudeau Returns!
    Famed pinball designer John Trudeau is joining the already incredible list of special guests at TPF2016! Some of John's great titles include "Creature from the Black Lagoon", "Black Rose", "Judge Dredd", "The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot", and most recently: Stern "Mustang" and "WWE Wrestlemania". John will be signing autographs and visiting with fans and guests! More details to come!

1 week later
    #424 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

this would be nice since the TD sounds to already know the whole list and others that are insiders seem to know and will be able to practice on games in advance...

The list is not finalized. We are still a month out. There is nobody "in the know" that is out practicing. I don't even know the list at this point. Conspiracy Theorists can relax. We will post it as soon as possible.

#434 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey, he is the asshat calling me a conspiracy theorist. There is absolutely no reason for him to be a prick to paying customers, especially when his co-director has already publically stated games are on a short list and the majority already selected.
    Go listen to Coast to Coast podcast #216 from over 2 weeks ago (around 25min in). Colin clearly says they have a short list of games selected and already know 3 out of the 4 games in each the EM, SS, and DMD banks. He lists GOT, fireball and Frontier as 3 of the games.
    It has now been 2 more weeks closer to the event and Colin along with a few other competitors/ insiders already know the majority of the games. I am not sure why it is so difficult to just publish the full short list and then as things become solidified you clearly denote that. If the TPF continues to want to make better competitions then they need to bring transparency and legitimacy to the actual competition, not snarky comments from the show organizer when someone is providing legitimate feedback.

I'm happy to refund your show entry and tourney entry if you like. Just shoot us an email. I'm sorry you were so offended at my comment. It was meant to be funny, but I guess it was taken personally.

#444 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulyB18:

I came in here for info, and fun. Instead this last page is covered in drama, guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    Smoke out happening again?
    Looking forward to TPF, enjoyed last year a lot!!

Yes sir. Friday, 10pm. It's on the schedule:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/events/events2016/

#534 8 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Where do we officially register the games we are bringing?
    Every time I click the "get your games registered now" link on the web page it just takes me to the store page to buy things.
    I'm obviously missing something.

Click on Weekend Passes, then click on Exhibitor Pass.

#537 8 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

Hi Ed,
    The terms and conditions link is broken when you get to the exhibitor pass section of the store.

Thanks. It's fixed.

#546 8 years ago

Announcing the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival Celebrity Smackdown! Throughout the weekend, several of our special guests such as Mark Ritchie, Jack Danger, Charlie Emery, Steve Ritchie, and others will be out on the game room floor looking for an unsuspecting opponent to go head-to-head in a one game match on a machine of their choosing! Beat them, and win what is surely to be the most talked about prize at TPF... a 24 carat gold plastic trophy signed by your challenger! It's on!

#550 8 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

So, if Steve wins I get to write my name on the trophy and give it to him

Actually, if Steve (or whoever your opponent is) wins, you get one of these and you have to wear it the rest of the show

#568 8 years ago

TPF is now on Eventbase! Just search "Texas Pinball Festival"
    What is Eventbase? The FREE Eventbase app is the mobile app platform trusted by more events than any other, including conferences, trade shows, festivals, sporting and community events worldwide.

Eventbase gives you a complete guide to events in your area, in a feature-rich native app for popular smartphone platforms, and a mobile website.
    Visit: http://free.eventbase.com/download

#571 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

ohhhh... you have to search for "2016 Texas Pinball Festival"

Fixed. We dropped the "2016" from the title so now it's just "Texas Pinball Festival"

#573 8 years ago

Only 9 days until TPF pre-registration ends! If you haven't registered to bring a game or purchase a discounted weekend pass, time is running out! We still need more pinball machines if we are going to take back the World Record for "Most People Playing Pinball Simultaneously". There are also Texas Wizards Tournament entries still available.
    Now of course we'll still accept games up until show time, but after the 7th, we can't guarantee all the incentives like the special Exhibitor coin or printed Exhibitor badge since those are ordered ahead of time.

2 weeks later
    #673 8 years ago

EDIT: Well shoot! Sorry folks. There is a problem with the super cool TPF Safe Cracker tokens we had minted. They are just slightly thinner than original Safe Cracker tokens and will not properly cycle through the token dispensing mechanism without jamming up the machine. We're really bummed. We have to return them to the mint for a do over and there is not enough time for the mint to correct in time for the show.
    Safe Cracker will still be at TPF awarding original Safe Cracker tokens. Sorry about this.

#679 8 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

It's going to be so strange not being at TPF this year. I want one of those Safecracker coins. :[[[

See edited post above. Have to send TPF tokens back for a re do. I doubt we'll get them in time for the show

#682 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Hey Ed,
    Just an idea, but why not hold on to the TPF Safe Cracker Tokens at a booth where folks can redeem their regular Safe Cracker Tokens to get the TPF ones?
    Ken

It's depends on if the mint wants these back (I'm assume they will). Besides, we want other SC owners to be able to add these to their games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed_in_Texas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2016-texas-pinball-festival-thread?tu=Ed_in_Texas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.