Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 969 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Quiddity
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    image-465.jpg
    image-267.jpg
    image-981.jpg
    image.jpg
    11102718_10206384811043505_5012027031984442487_n.jpg
    yuuuup.jpeg
    WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150327_122508.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-46.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3689.JPG
    crowd-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quiddity.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

Need to get my post in so it shows up in my recent activity.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

The show is 5 months away.. Are these rates paid in Full only.?? Stuff happens I know.. Just asking.
    So are we able to modify and or cancel once booked. ?? GREAT Rates
    Also. any chance to put a number column on the pins and arcades being listed..... 1----????
    Alot of awesome games registered already..
    2014 was a blast for sure.. Cannot wait for 2015..
    NT>

I can verify that last year they only used the card I supplied to 'hold' the reservation. They didn't charge anything to the card until we checked in/out. (I know that for sure as I reserved it with a credit card and paid with my debit.)

I reserved it this year with a credit card and nothing's been charged to it.

#32 9 years ago

I think my kids' top three were the Warlords cocktail, Joust, and Varkon/Granny and the Gators. (If I had the money and the room, that Warlords would have been mine...)

#48 9 years ago

I think what Ed just said was that my hat is a limited edition. TEN KAY BY XMAS, AMIRITE?

#49 9 years ago

I, along with four other people, paid for it. LE!
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#52 9 years ago

Mine's is an LE in good condition, I'd say 8/10. It's got some wear in some areas. HUO. (Head use only.)

3 weeks later
    #92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Good luck convincing my family to be up early in the morning, that's not gonna happen. I might make the effort, as getting to the breakfast area earlier than later ain't a bad idea either..

His family is far more likely to make the Saturday morning hour than they are the Sunday morning one, if last year is any indication...

#99 9 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire, please. PLEASE.

2 weeks later
    #107 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

it did last year.

And that was before we found out how awesome the hotel was.

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

We have a Tron and a Metallica.. =P

(Fixed that for him.)

What's your business?

#135 9 years ago

The design looks really nice on the hats this year.

1 week later
    #138 9 years ago

I'm looking forward to March. Any idea which food trucks I can start salivating over?

#162 9 years ago

DFW is 24 miles from the hotel via a toll road (121). It's a direct straight shot, and honestly there's no decent way to get from the airport to the hotel/Frisco with any sort of speed.

Regarding DART, it'll take you three and a half hours, but it's doable. I suppose. You'd end up taking the TRE over to downtown Dallas, then three different bus changes up to Frisco.

Your best bet is to just eat the cab fare. There's gonna be plenty of people making their way from the airport to the hotel, it may work out nicely to just plan on paying a cab then start trying to carpool a cab trip in February. Or.... Arrange for someone local to pick you up - and as someone who had a friend fly in for Saturday last year, this plan isn't too bad. I picked him up in the morning (and missed the swap meet, booo) and he took a cab back to the airport late Saturday evening. It worked out well for us.

2 weeks later
    #192 9 years ago

MMR was used last year along with Metallica and Mustang.

I could see Wrestlemania, The Walking Dead, and Attack from Mars this year. America's Most Haunted will be at the show too, so there's another possibility.

#196 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jumping-Box:

I'm curious, who has to travel the furthest? I'm only 4 miles away.

Frax and I are 17.5 miles away.

1 week later
    #223 9 years ago

Guess I won't be passing Jared and his wife and their dogs in the hallway this year.

#229 9 years ago

Randy with ColorDMD has been trying to get an example of every game that's been colorized at TPF in the ColorDMD section. He posts on Pinside, maybe he'll fall on this post and report what he's had confirmed so far.

#238 9 years ago
    Quoted from oohlou:

What is the deadline for letting TPF know you will be bringing a game or not?

In the past (I'm sure Ed will show up within a few days to confirm one way or the other) the only deadline was the point at which they had the badges printed up. You had to have a machine registered by that date to have a badge printed with your name on it.

#242 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yes, they bought a game from TPF. I opened the box same time I opened my Metallica. *disclaimer* I am not an official representative of TPF in any form, fashion, or manner.

Yeah, and then Darren tried to make sure that I was wheeling away my Metallica not his - his face when I pointed out that I'd already stuck custom apron cards in mine was amusing.

2 weeks later
    #272 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Question - How hard would it be to get Steve Ritchie's autograph on one of my translates? I am not really a star follower at all, but he is the king! Is it doable and worth my effort to bring one with me on the plane to try to get his signature?

What they said. Bring it. Try to remember a marker in case his are dried up, he carries quite a few but they go quickly.

He signed my STTNG apron cards early on last year. I caught him and his wife after they finished eating their lunch on Sunday with a Stern ST one that a friend had given me that morning and really enjoyed talking with them both. I didn't want to impose, but he has a point - he wouldn't be there and enjoying the show if it wasn't for people caring enough about pinball to have the show in the first place.

He and his wife have always seemed like incredibly nice people.

#284 9 years ago

I posted a picture of our dinner last night on facebook...

#292 9 years ago

Frax and I would love to attend a meet and greet with you, JJ.

Have you checked with Ed to see if it would be possible to get access to one of the conference rooms, perhaps? There's a mall next door and lots of chainy-type restaurants along with it. I'm not sure that after happy hour Friday night that I'm (or Frax, or much of the rest of everybody staying at the hotel) is going to want or be able to drive anywhere. I just checked to see if anything had been posted schedule wise (and it hasn't), but I did notice - 39 days!

#306 9 years ago

Happy hour at the hotel is from 5-7. I loves me some free alcohol. I do, however, look forward to meeting you at the show.

#333 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

I'm pretty sure that's how I played the real tournament last year.

It's definitely how I played the finals.

#367 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

That sounds like an oxymoron to me
    lazy = don't bring a machine, too much work
    cheapskate = do bring a machine, gotta get in free

I can help you out (since I'm the person that guilts him into it each year, saying that if nobody brings machines then there wouldn't be a show for folks to enjoy <3).

He's a lazy cheapskate. It's far easier and cheaper to buy the four weekend passes than it is to spend two months of free time each year shopping machines out, buying parts, (this year having two playfields clear coated), taking machines apart, putting them back together, and generally having my living room look like someone's garage complete with two computer desks and a kitchen table from after Christmas until the beginning of April.

I honestly can't tell you how much passes cost when you buy them early (since we never buy any), but right now they are sixty bucks for the weekend for adults/thirty five for kids. It would be far, far easier to spend the $190 and get the four of us passes than it is to get six machines in close to perfect working order, get a u-haul, get them all loaded up/in then loaded out/back in the house each year.

Again, though, if folks don't bring machines then there's no machines to have a show.

#400 9 years ago

If you're able, load in Thursday. Saves everyone a lot of headache. It's nice and quiet and cozy compared to Friday's controlled chaos that's just humming with anticipation.

#409 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

did y'all see the shattered glass during Loadout on the cobblestone last year (closer to the end of the walk by parking area). felt bad for whoever that belonged to.

I have a picture of it on my HD from my old cell phone. We made a Jared joke. <3

It'll have to wait unless you want to search through whatever facebook group I posted it to last year, we're in the car on the way to Austin right now.

1 week later
    #465 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That's dirty pool...

Lmao. That was my thought, too. It's at 6pm. :/

2 weeks later
    #686 9 years ago

I used Uber for the first time last weekend and it was amazingly convenient and pain free. Cost me three bucks each way for a couple of friends and I to go from my house to the bar and back.

#700 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I arrive Dallas Ft Worth Friday 9:40am.
    TPF Here I come !
    I'll be where the MMR booth is.
    LTG : )™

Lloyd! I'm glad you're making it back to town!!

#705 9 years ago

Lloyd was here the year before last. Totally can vouch for him, I took him to DFW from the Anatole to catch his flight home.

#709 9 years ago

He's using the EM pinball god through Facebook messenger and things are making noise again. There's hope.

#715 9 years ago

He's on the phone with Marcus now.

If I get my way (and who are we kidding, I normally do), it'll be at TPF. Between everyone's brains picking through it I'm sure we can get it working and on the floor. I don't want perfection, I just want to be able to mech up a game and have it reset, etc.

#719 9 years ago

Speaking of Jeff, I'm baking for him tomorrow night. Might as well pick up some beer while I'm at Kroger in the morning.

#759 9 years ago

That's a long drive. Be safe!

#801 9 years ago

Our six are loaded and in route to Plano so we can load all of PinballSwag's machines in it... then on to Frisco. Hooray, it's TPF weekend!

#806 9 years ago

It's easy to get there today when you live 25 minutes away, lol.

#843 9 years ago

I'm with you, Nick. The digital chime killed it for me.

#863 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Crescendo is up and running thanks to BTW (Brandon) and way2wyrd (Jeff). If You play it and like it, it's only thanks to their efforts..it kind of ened up bang something dumb but I didn't know how to track it down.

They are awesome. Thank you again, sirs.

#924 9 years ago

That long hallway isn't as bad as the trek to/from the room at the Anatole.

1 week later
    #958 8 years ago

The discount hotel rates normally open up end of September/beginning of October. I try and be first in line every year.

1 week later
    #969 8 years ago

Ed, we need an official 2016 thread started. I'd do it myself but I'm betting you want your name on it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quiddity.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2015-texas-pinball-festival-thread?tu=quiddity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.