Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 969 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Quiddity
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    image-465.jpg
    image-267.jpg
    image-981.jpg
    image.jpg
    11102718_10206384811043505_5012027031984442487_n.jpg
    yuuuup.jpeg
    WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150327_122508.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-46.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3689.JPG
    crowd-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ita47.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Ed, a few of us have been trying to register since yesterday and when we click on the pre-register link it just takes us to a blank page.

I'm having the same problem. I've tried using IE and Chrome, neither work.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

I've just tested IE (10 & 11) and Google Chrome on Windows 7 and 8 with no issues. Also works on my iPhone 5 (Safari). I'm thinking it's a firewall or older browser issue.

I tried it on my phone and I was able to register. It must be a firewall issue, its just weird it just keeps the registration page from coming up. It doesn't show it's blocking anything the page is just blank. Thanks for checking it out! I can't wait for TPF.

#18 9 years ago

Hotel reservation made and exhibitor registration complete. I can't wait!

1 month later
    #109 9 years ago

My room is booked. I can't wait, last year was a blast!

3 months later
    #516 9 years ago

I hope they announce the reserve this year as well, and did I read somewhere that buyers premium is 20-23% depending on payment type? I could be wrong on the amount. Are their fee's on the sellers side too, or do the buyers pay all the fee's? I also hope they leave the machines on and playable after the auction this year. That was one of my biggest complaints, last year a lot of the auction machines were turned off after the auction and weren't available for the rest of the show, which was a large number of the machines on the floor. I think if they are on the floor before the auction that they should remain on after the auction too, that should be part of the deal.

#519 9 years ago

Ok checked the terms of the auction. There is a 10% buyers premium + 8.25% Sales Tax + 3% credit card fee = 21.25% buyers premium. That would drastically reduce the amount I would be willing to bid on a game and probably why so many of the games didn't sell last year.

#523 9 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

That sounds a lot better than 40 bids that take it up to $20k and then no sale. What a waste of everyone's time.
    I think reserves are for sucks. It's your minimum price, so set it as the minimum or don't auction and waste everyone's time.

I agree!

I think there will be a lot of no sales because of the buyers premium again this year. Let say a game is worth $4,000 retail, because of the buyers premium I would only be willing to bid $3,300 because I will have to pay $700 in fee's and taxes. I doubt very many owners would want to let their $4000 machine go for $3300 and then have to pay their sellers fee, which if it's 10% means they would clear $2970 on their $4000 machine. The only ones I see coming out on this is Fun The Auction Company.

I think I will just spend my time playing games.

#525 9 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

To be fair, you are paying 13%. Everyone has to pay sales tax or not with a tax id.

Not if I buy from an individual.

#528 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jopper:

It's a BUYER'S premium, not a SELLER'S premium. So the Buyer, not the seller, has to pay the additional 10% on top of the auction price, plus Texas State sales tax of 8.25% on top of that, plus 3% if paying by credit card.

There is a 10% sellers fee and a 10% buyers fee. If you don't believe me contact Fun Auction and ask.

2 weeks later
    #782 9 years ago

We are leaving early Friday morning and should be there about noon. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning, I can't wait!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ita47.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2015-texas-pinball-festival-thread?tu=ita47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.