Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 969 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Quiddity
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    image-465.jpg
    image-267.jpg
    image-981.jpg
    image.jpg
    11102718_10206384811043505_5012027031984442487_n.jpg
    yuuuup.jpeg
    WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150327_122508.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-46.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3689.JPG
    crowd-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btw75.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

See you there. As of now I'm bringing my GTB Derby Day with me, but will probably bring more...

3 weeks later
    #77 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I need trailer help or go in on a truck with someone.

I might know someone.

#82 9 years ago

So disappointed the exhibitor night party had to be cut. Waking up early for the morning hour... unlikely and I assume cuts the swap meet short ? I like the food truck coupon though, will for sure use that!

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

You might want to bring some pins.

Was there something else you were expecting?

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Free food & money! I think that's pretty sweet.

I don't think it influences the decision to bring pins especially for folks that have to travel. Experiences are WAY more enticing. I'm probably still going to bring a pin or two just because I'd like to sell it but if the ones I'd like to sell are gone, I probably wouldn't bring one as the incentive just isn't there. A free burger just doesn't compensate for renting a trailer and driving the thing several hours, dealing with load in/out, parking, and all the other stress like a VIP party does.

Perhaps the bigger effect will be that I won't feel compelled to bring in extra pins so I can get family members/friends can get into the after party.

No sour grapes here, love the show and will be happy to pay the entry fee if necessary - just stating that as an exhibitor I am less inclined to bring pins.

#87 9 years ago

Please don't take my comments as trying to convince people not to bring games. The show will be worthless without people making that sacrifice.

1 month later
    #148 9 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Security may need to be increased in the tournament area. One competitor could be arriving armed:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/garage-gauntlet-ii-1214-austin-tx#post-2108699

Don't worry, Frax is about as calm and reserved as one can be. I'm sure it won't be a problem.

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I would like to attend this year...is there a local opinion on the Hotel, Aloft Frisco?

Aloft hotels are nice - haven't been in that one but I'd trust it is very similar to the others. Not a bad second choice if you can't get into the embassy.

1 month later
    #324 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm pretty sure that everyone that would be interested in participating would be sloshed.

I'm pretty sure that's how I played the real tournament last year.

3 weeks later
    #547 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

they also charge for mileage now

Not for trailers. At least based on my TPF reservation I just made.

#550 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

sa-weet
    let's make a detour to New Orleans after the show !!

I'll be in New Orleans on the 24th, but Houston on the day after the show. Costa Rica Next week. Its a busy month.

#554 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

Maybe think of getting the 6 x 12 enclosed in case of wild weather...

Agree. Same cost. I have a 14' utility but I'm leaving it at home and renting a 6x12 instead. Too much can change as far as weather goes to trust it.

#558 9 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

How many pins you figure you can get in it?

A bunch. I figure 4 flat, but 8ish? if I put some on end and strap them to the sides. I carried 4 in a 5x8ish trailer last year with two on end and two flat.

for EMs and early SS it can also be easier/safer to separate and put heads in the truck.

#589 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Mine too. But I didn't see a guest list posted so other than Steve and Gary I don't know who to look for.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/ Just scroll down the page to see the announcements as they were reported.

1 week later
    #714 9 years ago

Frax - if you have the schematic just bring it all to TPF. It sounds like a good Friday morning project.

If it was working before though, you might try rotating the score motor a bit to see if its just not in the right place. Other switches to double check is the outhole and the scoring reels - i.e. make sure they are in the zero position.

#717 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'll just shove it in the truck and bring it thursday and be there as much as I can Thurs/Fri for anyone that wants to assist...I have schematics and can probably be talked into bringing some beer or something for the assistance lol...

Bring the game and schematics for sure. Jeff & I will be there Thursday and we like the challenge of a mid-floor tpf Gottlieb repair.

Quoted from Frax:

We have it back to "Square One" at this point....we can hold in the start relay long enough and it will engage the hold relay and start the game.

This is a good beginning. It'll be very simple from here on out, I'll be surprised if y'all don't have it working by tomorrow.

#753 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I really appreciate the help, especially Brandon since we had that spat a few months ago, heh.

Life's too short - I have a short memory of such things and generally hold few grudges, even if you are an asshole. (hopefully I used enough emoticon thingies).

Looking forward to seeing the machine. Does it have a blacklight mode?

#771 9 years ago

6 machines loaded, see y'all this afternoon.

#802 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

Our six are loaded and in route to Plano so we can load all of PinballSwag's machines in it... then on to Frisco. Hooray, it's TPF weekend!

Don't forget to have mr. swag bring my 2 sheets of pre-paid widebody glass!

#804 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Hey, no posting while driving

Unfortunately still working this morning!

Thanks for helping me load machines yesterday, see you tomorrow.

#838 9 years ago

Nellie looked better than I thought it wood - I see where the money was spent. The game was fun to play. I love 2" flipper games and having them with solid state snappiness was really cool.

#868 9 years ago
    Quoted from DSpirit:

Found out that my MDX has a towbar but not hookups for lights. I plan to bring L.A. Machine Guns (Vid) to the event today and was wondering if someone might be able to assist with a pickup. I live about 5-10 minutes from the Frisco convention center. I plan to have the needed light hookup added to my vehicle over the weekend so this won't be an issue on Sunday night. If needed, I will rent a Uhaul later this afternoon. I'm super excited about the event and looking forward to enjoying all of the sights and sounds.

I'd hit the texas pinball/DFW arcade facebook pages

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btw75.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2015-texas-pinball-festival-thread?tu=btw75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.