Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 969 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Quiddity
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    image-465.jpg
    image-267.jpg
    image-981.jpg
    image.jpg
    11102718_10206384811043505_5012027031984442487_n.jpg
    yuuuup.jpeg
    WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150327_122508.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-46.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3689.JPG
    crowd-1.jpeg
    There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
    #251 9 years ago

3 couples from Iowa. Hotels done..Road plans made... Tick Tock... Come on. March....

Please PM me with your favorite BBQ places nearby. THX> Gonna try some TX style...

#252 9 years ago
    Quoted from andrewduhan:

I've missed it 4 years in a row (SXSW conflicts, new baby, etc etc etc) but this year the wife handed me tickets for my birthday; with some willpower it won't be the most expensive birthday present ever...

i had absolutely 0 ZERO 0 intent on buying anything last year....... and yet.... came home with a pin.

#253 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Check out the 2015 TPF promo video.
    » YouTube video

Awesome...

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

i had absolutely 0 ZERO 0 intent on buying anything last year....... and yet.... came home with a pin.

You and me both. Walked home with the ST Pro from the Marco booth.

#255 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Yeah.....but it was a cool one

#256 9 years ago

Anyone driving from MA that could transport a pin back in case I get the itch?

1 week later
    #257 9 years ago

Hey all,

I am excited to announce I am bringing KAHR.US Circuits to the TPF! My space will be small since I'm flying from Virginia and won't be bringing a machine, but I'm excited to be participating in this legendary show... I'm already linked in the Festival's vendor page. Please stop by and say hello!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#258 9 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Hey all,
    I am excited to announce I am bringing KAHR.US Circuits to the TPF! My space will be small since I'm flying from Virginia and won't be bringing a machine, but I'm excited to be participating in this legendary show... I'm already linked in the Festival's vendor page. Please stop by and say hello!
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

Cool, any show specials?

FWIW, my Dredd that I am bringing with be sporting a KAHR circuit.

#259 9 years ago

Just booked flight in from Atlanta. I have never been, but it looks AWESOME! Can't wait!

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

any show specials?

dunno... I guess I gotta start planning what I can bring. I'm coming on Southwest so at least I won't be luggage-constrained.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just booked flight in from Atlanta.

I couldn't get a room in the show hotel, but got in the Home2 Suites 1/4 mile away for $92 a night (plus $12 a night in tax). I think it is the closet place with a complimentary breakfast.

-Rob

#261 9 years ago

Come party with Greg Freres!

#262 9 years ago

If you are contemplating bringing a game to TPF and would like some assurances that it will be monitored by a dedicated staff, please contact me about adding your game to the TPF Tournament line up.

If you have a great playing Data East DMD or Gottlieb DMD, then I really would like to entice you to bring a game to the TPF for the tournament area. If you have a mid 2000s Stern DMD like 24, BBH or CSI, I would love to talk to you too!

If you have a boutique game like America's Most Haunted or Full Throttle, I would love to feature your game in our tournament.

I'm also looking for a bally 6-digit Solid State game. This particular game has a special opportunity in the TPF Tournament, so if you have one that is in great playing shape and are willing to bring it to TPF, please contact me.

Bringing a game is a great way to get a complimentary weekend pass as well as special access times to the show floor as well as a some food vouchers.

Marcus

#263 9 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have any of those games. But it will be fun to play others. A nice change from my High Speed.

#264 9 years ago

A message from the King!

#265 9 years ago

Just booked flight in from Atlanta. I have never been, but it looks AWESOME! Can't wait!

Now a group of 4 of us Atlanta folks are coming. This is just getting better and better!

#266 9 years ago

Question - How hard would it be to get Steve Ritchie's autograph on one of my translates? I am not really a star follower at all, but he is the king! Is it doable and worth my effort to bring one with me on the plane to try to get his signature?

#267 9 years ago

Question - How hard would it be to get Steve Ritchie's autograph on one of my translates? I am not really a star follower at all, but he is the king! Is it doable and worth my effort to bring one with me on the plane to try to get his signature?

Bring it!

#268 9 years ago

Very easy.
    Steve always has a signing session after his talk.
    He is always happy to sign whatever you bring.

#269 9 years ago

Good thing I have my hotel room and plane tickets. I don't want my ass kicked by the King.

#270 9 years ago

Yep, Steve is very approachable and always seems willing to sign whatever you have.

#271 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Very easy.
    Steve always has a signing session after his talk.
    He is always happy to sign whatever you bring.

Just don't ask him about Space Shuttle voiceovers...

#272 9 years ago

What they said. Bring it. Try to remember a marker in case his are dried up, he carries quite a few but they go quickly.

He signed my STTNG apron cards early on last year. I caught him and his wife after they finished eating their lunch on Sunday with a Stern ST one that a friend had given me that morning and really enjoyed talking with them both. I didn't want to impose, but he has a point - he wouldn't be there and enjoying the show if it wasn't for people caring enough about pinball to have the show in the first place.

He and his wife have always seemed like incredibly nice people.

#273 9 years ago

Its very easy. Steve is around the entire weekend and is a great guy to talk to and BS with. He always is willing to chat and sign stuff. Absolutely not a problem. Kick ass games from a kick ass guy...!!!

#274 9 years ago

Yes he's very easy to chat with. All of the designers that show up are regular guys.

#275 9 years ago

A word from Spooky Pinball...

#276 9 years ago

Any thoughts on when the tournament info will be finalize and added to the website? I'm curious to know what the changes are and what tournaments will be held.

Love to know which games are going to be used too but I'm sure that's dependent on what's coming to the show as well.

#277 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Any thoughts on when the tournament info will be finalize and added to the website? I'm curious to know what the changes are and what tournaments will be held.
    Love to know which games are going to be used too but I'm sure that's dependent on what's coming to the show as well.

It's time for your to join the masses on facebook.
    There's a discussion thread here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/171969562990569/

#278 9 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

There's a discussion thread here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/171969562990569/

Ugh... Facebook.

#279 9 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Ugh... Facebook.

I used to hate Facebook just like you.
    But it is an incredible tool for keeping up with what is going on in Pinball.
    Ton's of great local clubs to join and lots of cool pinball happenings.
    Just because you sign up for an account does not mean you have to post a photo of your dinner every day. lol.

#280 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Just because you sign up for an account does not mean you have to post a photo of your dinner every day. lol.

Oh, I've had an account since before they opened it up to the masses. Every six months when I have something I have to go on there to do I'm spammed with everything my extended family and the people I knew in highschool are up to and it's more trouble than it is worth to dig through the cruft. Then Facebook gets irritated that I haven't updated my status or logged in for two days and starts blasting my inbox with all the crap I'm attempting to avoid. Blergh. I suppose I should suck it up and start spamming back pinball goings-on.

#281 9 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

I despise social media sites like facebook. Fortunately, my wife loves it and I convinced her to follow Bat City for me.

#282 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I need to get a Fb page just to keep up with you Beaumont guys.

#283 9 years ago

Facebook is not that bad, I promise. The members of this forum are the exception... not the rule.

From facebook there are deeper levels... twitter... pinterest... vine... tumblr... digg... reddit... and the ultimate black hole... 4chan. I have heard it even goes deeper...

This very forum is a form of social media... although an antique one. I quite like message boards... and this is among the most advanced I have ever seen. Extremely well maintained and coded. Robin has put his passion into this.

Web wide, web forums are dying... not thriving. You can thank facebook for that.

Correct course of action is to partake in a "little bit of everything". With some tweaking, you can make facebook work for you and not the other way around. If you dive in with default settings and use your actual email address... you are in for a world of drama. But if you cater the privacy settings, friends list, news feed display and email settings to your taste you can find facebook not only tolerable, but valuable.

#284 9 years ago

I posted a picture of our dinner last night on facebook...

#285 9 years ago

We're ready.

IMG_3290.JPGIMG_3290.JPG IMG_3298.JPGIMG_3298.JPG
    #286 9 years ago

That's one good looking machine

#287 9 years ago

That's sweet! That think got a Hemi?

#288 9 years ago

That's really cool, nice job.

#289 9 years ago

Clearly, an insane pin.

#290 9 years ago

Guys forgive me if this has been discussed I have not read all 6 pages.

Game Exchange is coming to TPF this year!

I would like to host a Meet and Greet like we have done in the past at EXPO.
    I Suggest Friday Night or Saturday Lunch. (I have to leave for Houston late afternoon Sat)

Ideas on whats close to the hotel?

I will be doing Pinside Badges again for this with Lanyards as well.

#291 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Guys forgive me if this has been discussed I have not read all 6 pages.
    Game Exchange is coming to TPF this year!
    I would like to host a Meet and Greet like we have done in the past at EXPO.
    I Suggest Friday Night or Saturday Lunch. (I have to leave for Houston late afternoon Sat)
    Ideas on whats close to the hotel?
    I will be doing Pinside Badges again for this with Lanyards as well.

JJ,

Great! Look forward very much meeting you in person!

Thomas in OKC

#292 9 years ago

Frax and I would love to attend a meet and greet with you, JJ.

Have you checked with Ed to see if it would be possible to get access to one of the conference rooms, perhaps? There's a mall next door and lots of chainy-type restaurants along with it. I'm not sure that after happy hour Friday night that I'm (or Frax, or much of the rest of everybody staying at the hotel) is going to want or be able to drive anywhere. I just checked to see if anything had been posted schedule wise (and it hasn't), but I did notice - 39 days!

#293 9 years ago

There is a Hooters type place across the street. A good fit for this crowd!

#294 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

We're ready.
    IMG_3298.JPG 231 KB

Safest bet of the year: Best in show!

#295 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

There is a Hooters type place across the street. A good fit for this crowd!

Name of this place, please? [EDIT: Found it, the Wild Pitch Sports Bar--i think]

#296 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Name of this place, please? [EDIT: Found it, the Wild Pitch Sports Bar--i think]

Correct. Wild pitch or was it third base? IDK. they were in transition in 2014 so not sure.

#297 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Correct. Wild pitch or was it third base? IDK. they were in transition in 2014 so not sure.

Yes, both names were in use depending where you looked. Of course, some never looked at the name.

#298 9 years ago

i'm in....

#299 9 years ago

There is an Irish pub/soccer bar place across the way as well, good beer and food last year. I imagine they're still around. No idea what it was called though.

There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2015-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.