Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 969 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Quiddity
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    image-465.jpg
    image-267.jpg
    image-981.jpg
    image.jpg
    11102718_10206384811043505_5012027031984442487_n.jpg
    yuuuup.jpeg
    WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150327_122508.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-46.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3689.JPG
    crowd-1.jpeg

There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
    #51 9 years ago

I am proud to own 40% of the pink TPF LE hats! My daughters will likely sell them on eBay and be rich! Rich!

#52 9 years ago

Mine's is an LE in good condition, I'd say 8/10. It's got some wear in some areas. HUO. (Head use only.)

#53 9 years ago

Thanks for the video Ed. Even though Iv'e been on a few Stern tours the video was still entertaining.

#54 9 years ago

I can't wait for this event next yr. Should be a blast. I'm hoping to find a good deal on a pin to bring home as well.

The wife is bored with my first one, gotta get something more enjoyable without breaking the bank

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

I can't wait for this event next yr. Should be a blast. I'm hoping to find a good deal on a pin to bring home as well.
    The wife is bored with my first one, gotta get something more enjoyable without breaking the bank

buy my southpark

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

One of the highlights of Pinball Expo in Chicago is taking a tour of the Stern pinball factory. Of course nothing can replace the awesomeness of visiting a pinball factory in person, but for those that can not attend Expo or have never been to Stern, TPF presents An Exclusive Visit to Stern Pinball! Enjoy!

So I assume that "Dinner Time" was the code for TWD?

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

One of the highlights of Pinball Expo in Chicago is taking a tour of the Stern pinball factory. Of course nothing can replace the awesomeness of visiting a pinball factory in person, but for those that can not attend Expo or have never been to Stern, TPF presents An Exclusive Visit to Stern Pinball! Enjoy!
    » YouTube video

Nice video Ed. By chance, do you know how many pins they produce each day?

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Nice video Ed. By chance, do you know how many pins they produce each day?

I'm told between 30-50 depending on staffing and game design.

#59 9 years ago

First 2015 TPF special guest announced.

#60 9 years ago

B A M !

#61 9 years ago

Oh sweet, the OTHER one! Excellent!

#62 9 years ago

Ed and Kim put on an amazing show. I regard this show as a top standard for players and vendors! Kristin and I were lucky enough to spend time with these two in Chicago this week. Two of nicest people you can meet in the hobby. We will be there for sure!

#63 9 years ago

Here's a story I did a couple of years ago. Steve and George.

Sorry I may of posted this link before. but I can't remember where...

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Here's a story I did a couple of years ago. Steve and George.
    » YouTube video
    Sorry I may of posted this link before. but I can't remember where...

That was a great!

1 week later
    #66 9 years ago

"Like"

#67 9 years ago

Looking forward to the pinball fest. Hoping to get another machine there most likely.

#68 9 years ago

Sweet. Now there is the motivation to get my Taxi restoration done!

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Sweet. Now there is the motivation to get my Taxi restoration done!

Is it going to be for sale at TPF? lol..

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

lol!

#71 9 years ago

What? I like Taxi. A lot.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

What? I like Taxi. A lot.

Its just funny because your wanting to buy a game that's not for sale yet... and Craig is probably going to fix a game to sell it and he does not even know it yet... and all of this is going to happen next year... lol.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Its just funny because your wanting to buy a game that's not for sale yet... and Craig is probably going to fix a game to sell it and he does not even know it yet... and all of this is going to happen next year... lol.

I'm just going to guess based on all the work he put into Shuttle, which looked awesome at FUN, that he probably will not keep Taxi either. There's no way I would've sold that Shuttle after doing all that.. =P

But I think we all know that if you can get info about games being for sale before a show, and someone's going to be selling it at the show anyways, it's not like they're going to turn down money, right? If I know he's going to have it ready AND have it for sale anyways, am I gonna sit on some cash? Yeah. Taxi's on my list, especially a nice one. I'd like to not go into TPF this year clueless about what I want to do as far as games and looking for potential purchases.

#74 9 years ago

I would love to get a CPR playfield and a plastics set and drop off my Taxi with Keith. But I just dont wanna burn $2200+ on a Taxi restoration.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

if i can get some pins up there, i'll register as exhibitor,

You might want to bring some pins.

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I need trailer help or go in on a truck with someone.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I need trailer help or go in on a truck with someone.

I might know someone.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Nope. Taxi was something i had been looking for, for quiet sometime.

Goes well with my Whirlwind & Earthshaker

#82 9 years ago

So disappointed the exhibitor night party had to be cut. Waking up early for the morning hour... unlikely and I assume cuts the swap meet short ? I like the food truck coupon though, will for sure use that!

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Was there something else you were expecting?

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

Was there something else you were expecting?

Free food & money! I think that's pretty sweet.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Free food & money! I think that's pretty sweet.

I don't think it influences the decision to bring pins especially for folks that have to travel. Experiences are WAY more enticing. I'm probably still going to bring a pin or two just because I'd like to sell it but if the ones I'd like to sell are gone, I probably wouldn't bring one as the incentive just isn't there. A free burger just doesn't compensate for renting a trailer and driving the thing several hours, dealing with load in/out, parking, and all the other stress like a VIP party does.

Perhaps the bigger effect will be that I won't feel compelled to bring in extra pins so I can get family members/friends can get into the after party.

No sour grapes here, love the show and will be happy to pay the entry fee if necessary - just stating that as an exhibitor I am less inclined to bring pins.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

So disappointed the party night party had to be cut. Waking up early for the morning hour... unlikely and I assume cuts the swap meet short ? I like the food truck coupon though, will for sure use that!

What?? I looked back in this thread and on TPF page and didn't see that. If that's true then that really blows. That's half the reason I come to this thing.

#87 9 years ago

Please don't take my comments as trying to convince people not to bring games. The show will be worthless without people making that sacrifice.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

» YouTube video

Thanks for taking this and posting it. I've always know that making these was a lot of work but that video gives a whole new level of respect for what they do. It's awesome seeing things done by hand. Robots are less likely to make a mistake but I'll take a few minor things to see that many people at work. Makes me even prouder to have bought the Sterns that I have so far.

Hotel room booked today as well. Debating on bringing a game so have held off on registering so far.

#89 9 years ago

Loving the new exhibitor incentives. I am much better at the early morning thing than the after hours thing. That's when it is the funnest to me anyways. No crowd and no lines. Even at last years after party there were still lines of the same people hovering around the machines I wanted to play. Looking forward to it and kudos to Pinball Mirrors for their contribution.

#90 9 years ago

No exhibitor night party? Say it isn't so. That's my favorite part.

#91 9 years ago

Yeah, kinda bummed by the no after-party, but frankly, the first year I was too tired to really take advantage of it, and last year, I was so hammered and tired at the end of the tournaments that evening that all I did was stumble around, give the P3 a shot, and laugh at Dirty Donny tossing money around.

Good luck convincing my family to be up early in the morning, that's not gonna happen. I might make the effort, as getting to the breakfast area earlier than later ain't a bad idea either..

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Good luck convincing my family to be up early in the morning, that's not gonna happen. I might make the effort, as getting to the breakfast area earlier than later ain't a bad idea either..

His family is far more likely to make the Saturday morning hour than they are the Sunday morning one, if last year is any indication...

#93 9 years ago

We minted two different challenge coins for 2015. The volunteer / show supporter coin (which cannot be purchased) can be found here: http://texaspinball.com/tpf/volunteer/
    The second coin is a limited edition with only 200 minted. Each LE coin is numbered and available in the TPF store: http://texaspinball.com/tpf/swag/swag-store/

image-667.jpgimage-667.jpg
    #94 9 years ago

sweet coins

#95 9 years ago

Thanks! We are very pleased with how nice they are. We made them for 2014 for our volunteers and show supporters and they were a big hit.

#96 9 years ago

The coins are so awesome. I love them!!!

#97 9 years ago

Here's to hoping for a cactus canyon theme next year!

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Here's to hoping for a Cactus Canyon theme next year!

#99 9 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire, please. PLEASE.

#100 9 years ago

Do Funhouse, imagine all the official merchandise having giant Rudy heads everywhere

There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2015-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.