Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 969 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Quiddity
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    image-465.jpg
    image-267.jpg
    image-981.jpg
    image.jpg
    11102718_10206384811043505_5012027031984442487_n.jpg
    yuuuup.jpeg
    WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150327_122508.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-46.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3689.JPG
    crowd-1.jpeg
    There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.
    #851 9 years ago

For clarification the ballroom doesnt officially open until 5pm on Friday.
    The only area that is open to the public is the front area of the hall which is for tournaments, I believe it opens around noonish.

Lots of really nice machines are on the floor. The clear acrylic EM looks amazing. What a labor of love. Can we just give him the best custom pinball award now?

I'm about to hit the sack and drive back to the hall tomorrow with 4 pins in tow including a sneak peak of Metallica with colorized SmartDMD.

See everyone tomorrow.

P.S. don't go to Perry's across the street unless you are ready to drop some serious coin. Great food, but high end. My bill alone was $78 for dinner.

#852 9 years ago

Crescendo is up and running thanks to BTW (Brandon) and way2wyrd (Jeff). If You play it and like it, it's only thanks to their efforts..it kind of ened up bang something dumb but I didn't know how to track it down.

#853 9 years ago

The game kicked my ass royally! I look forward to it kicking my ass some more throughout the weekend. Seems the game is rare. Congratulations on getting the game working!

#854 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Crescendo is up and running thanks to BTW (Brandon) and way2wyrd (Jeff). If You play it and like it, it's only thanks to their efforts..it kind of ened up bang something dumb but I didn't know how to track it down.

Awesome! We are heading out in about an hour, we hope to get there around noon. So excited!

#855 9 years ago

Why am I still awake... gah. Gotta try to rest... but so excited!!!!!

#856 9 years ago

Out of town dining update.

I found this across the street in the mall parking lot.
    http://www.thetaphousefrisco.com

The Hooter(ish) Wild Pitch direct across from them hotel has its merits, but the beer selection at Taphouse is worth the trip.

#857 9 years ago

The Hooter(ish) Wild Pitch direct across from them hotel has its merits, but the beer selection at Taphouse is worth the trip.
    Isn't it lingerie night Friday night at Wild Pitch?

#858 9 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Isn't it lingerie night Friday night at Wild Pitch?

If it is, I salute them!

GEX pinside party there tonight at 5:45.

#859 9 years ago

Sitting in Vegas airport waiting for flight.

#860 9 years ago

Hitting the road soon! See you there!!

#861 9 years ago

On the plane ready to take off in KC.

#862 9 years ago

Nellie looks awesome and is an impressive piece of art. Even after seeing pics plastered all over Pinside, I was surprised at how cool it looks. Play looked ok from a bystander's perspective. Missing some of the EM "charm".

#863 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

They are awesome. Thank you again, sirs.

#864 9 years ago

Leaving Baton Rouge in 45 minutes!

#865 9 years ago

Soooooooooo bummed I can't be there. ...darn family obligations. I'm really looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

#866 9 years ago

Hitting the road, hope 35 is clear now

#867 9 years ago

Found out that my MDX has a towbar but not hookups for lights. I plan to bring L.A. Machine Guns (Vid) to the event today and was wondering if someone might be able to assist with a pickup. I live about 5-10 minutes from the Frisco convention center. I plan to have the needed light hookup added to my vehicle over the weekend so this won't be an issue on Sunday night. If needed, I will rent a Uhaul later this afternoon. I'm super excited about the event and looking forward to enjoying all of the sights and sounds.

#868 9 years ago
    Quoted from DSpirit:

Found out that my MDX has a towbar but not hookups for lights. I plan to bring L.A. Machine Guns (Vid) to the event today and was wondering if someone might be able to assist with a pickup. I live about 5-10 minutes from the Frisco convention center. I plan to have the needed light hookup added to my vehicle over the weekend so this won't be an issue on Sunday night. If needed, I will rent a Uhaul later this afternoon. I'm super excited about the event and looking forward to enjoying all of the sights and sounds.

I'd hit the texas pinball/DFW arcade facebook pages

#869 9 years ago

At Reagan National airport - beat the plane to the gate... Boarding in 45 mins. See you at the show!

image.jpgimage.jpg

-Rob
    -visit me at the Texas Pinball Festival to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#870 9 years ago
    Quoted from DSpirit:

I'd love to help but that game won't fit in my pickup - Colorado with a canopy. - Barry

#871 9 years ago
    Quoted from bflagg:

I'd love to help but that game won't fit in my pickup - Colorado with a canopy. - Barry

Thanks Barry for offering your pickup. I often have issues with clear and concise communication. I really need truck with a flatbed trailer, a box truck with a lift, or a Uhaul van that is 15' or larger.

#872 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

I'd hit the texas pinball/DFW arcade facebook pages

I thought about doing that, but didn't want to come across as a charity case and from what I can tell most people that are following the Facebook page seem really excited about the event as attendees. I wish that they had a page where exhibitors could chat about this kind of behind the scenes stuff. I might try to come up with a way to ask without being a drag on the festival spirit. Thanks.

#873 9 years ago

Be sure to check out the sweet Flight 2000!

Who's gonna be the fortunate one to take THAT home??

Have fun all you pinball nuts!!

#874 9 years ago

sitting in bed at hotel all showered up and ready to go just waiting for qualifying to start up!

#875 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

sitting in bed at hotel all showered up and ready to go just waiting for qualifying to start up!

Just go. You can probably get in now. Have you checked?

#876 9 years ago

Loading up JP here at my house in Rockwall about 45 minutes from Frisco! See you guys in about 2 hours.

#877 9 years ago

On the road !!!!
    Can't wait !!!!

#878 9 years ago

Anyone looking for a room at the Embassy Suites???

Unfortunately, I can't make it this year, but I have a reservation for tonight and tomorrow night at the TPF rate. If anyone wants a room at the TPF rate, please let me know.

Thanks,

Thom (Tbone47)

#879 9 years ago

If no one has grabbed it maybe PM Eliz72 since they just decided to come in from Wisconsin last minute.

#880 9 years ago

I've got one half of a double room available as well.

#881 9 years ago

My son was going with me and he decided he didn't want to go. I don't know if Im going or not now. I hate to look like some lost puppy by myself not knowing anyone there

#882 9 years ago

I'm going solo too. No biggie.

#883 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

My son was going with me and he decided he didn't want to go. I don't know if Im going or not now. I hate to look like some lost puppy by myself not knowing anyone there

Are you kidding?! Just go, play, talk to the people in line and ask if they want to play "doubles" - you'll have fun and meet people!!!

#884 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Welcome to hang with me too. I'm all alone until late tonight. 3039313685

jJ

#885 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

come on up. you'll have a blast.
    pm me when you get here & i'll introduce you to some folks and just get the ball rollin

#886 9 years ago

Boarding now, see you in 6 hours TPF.

20150327_122508.jpg20150327_122508.jpg
    #887 9 years ago

Can't get out of Dallas! Ugh! Don't these people know TPF is waiting! Just glad I'm not driving.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #888 9 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

If no one has grabbed it maybe PM Eliz72 since they just decided to come in from Wisconsin last minute.

Thanks for following thinking of us. Just saw his post and PMd, but only have another hour and a half to cancel Holiday Inn. Not that a mile away is horrible, but it's really nice to have a room to take a break in.

#889 9 years ago

WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpgWP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpg Even the reporter likes it.

#890 9 years ago

Over 1100 plays on the APP already. That game kicks ass!

#891 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Over 1100 plays on the APP already. That game kicks ass!

yuuuup.jpegyuuuup.jpeg

#892 9 years ago

If anyone wants a ride to DFW today, I'm leaving the hotel at 1:00. Meet in the lobby.

#893 9 years ago

I want to thank Xerico, Dothedoo and many others for bringing some really outstanding classic early SS pins. While people were standing in long lines to play that bowling pin and that dwarf pin, I was hammering out some awesome games on Quicksilver, Dragonfist, Rolling Stones, Stargazer, Seawitch, Paragon and others. I think I played every pre-DMD game on the floor, including EMs. The quality of many of these was outstanding; you should all be proud of these restorations.

If you come to the Southern Fried Expo in June, please introduce yourself - I'll wear my Pinside badge.

#894 9 years ago

I 2nd that - Quicksilver was amazing (serious bass from the speaker(s)) and Embryon was beyond gorgeous. Wish there had been more classic Sterns like last year...

#895 9 years ago

I want to know what speaker was in that Quicksilver. I shot the saucer over and over just to hear that awesome sound.

#896 9 years ago

Nellie and Wrestlemania didn't impress me too much in gameplay. TBL seems very well done and TH looks interesting but only got one game in as the line for it was long all weekend. Lots of games and was a fun show. Thanks so much for those who helped to put this show on and for all the brought games to it! First time I had ever made it to TPF and nice to see so many pins including some custom made, rare, unique and games likes AMH, TH, and TBL that are being made by newer companies.

#897 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I want to know what speaker was in that Quicksilver. I shot the saucer over and over just to hear that awesome sound.

Spinners were great too. TPF site says it was brought by Bill Stahly so maybe you can track him down to ask. He also had the excellent Xenon next to it (that I think won an award). Cool clear apron on it.

EDIT: he appears to be Pinsider DOTHEDOO

#898 9 years ago

I enjoyed Nellie far more than WWE, but AMH beat them both for me.

For the new games -

1) AMH
    2) Hobbit
    3) WNBJM
    4) WWE

Can't rank TBL because I was in line both times right before it was taken off the floor and never got to play it. I may have been a bit tough on WWE, but I have zero interest in the theme.

#899 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

That belongs to a fellow pinsider from NEB.. external sub I think, it does sound awesome.. I like playing it just to hit the spinners, best spinner shot in all of pinball,,, wish I could have made it..

#900 9 years ago

Whelp, KAHR.US Circuits has safely made it back to world headquarters in Virginia... Wow, what an experience TPF was! A bit sleep deprived because I manned the booth singlehandedly pretty much through all of the show's open hours. It was great to meet so many folks from Pinside and talk all kinds of pinball stuff. Thanks to all who visited my booth - I can't wait to return next year!

Next on my calendar is Allentown. Think I'm bringing my BOP and SWE1.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2015-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.