Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 969 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Quiddity
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    image-465.jpg
    image-267.jpg
    image-981.jpg
    image.jpg
    11102718_10206384811043505_5012027031984442487_n.jpg
    yuuuup.jpeg
    WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150327_122508.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-46.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3689.JPG
    crowd-1.jpeg
    There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.
    #651 9 years ago

Cool.. On TBL. Presume Scott is going to do a playfield swap on the old protypes now beforehand with final playfield approved. Cant imagine a preproduction game is done and shipped over already.

#652 9 years ago

Im landing at DFW for 10:10 am anyone want to share a cab ride?

#653 9 years ago

Just 5 more days. Next weekend can't come soon enough. It's going to be a long work week...

#654 9 years ago

Is anyone else flying out of Love Field around 2:00 on Sunday? If so, can we split a cab ride?

#655 9 years ago

All: I suggest "UBER" for transport.

Much faster and 70% cheaper than a cab.

Download the app for your phone, when you land press the button and a SUV will come and take you (anywhere). Very, very efficient. Use it.

#656 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Download the app for your phone, when you land press the button and a SUV will come and take you (anywhere). Very, very efficient. Use it.

App downloaded I am going to try this. Jared has this worked well for you?

#657 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

App downloaded I am going to try this. Jared has this worked well for you?

Yeah man, it really, really has. I love it.

You can use it nearly anywhere in the USA... for any reason.

Just press the button: a car comes.

Every driver has a nice, new car and is background checked. You can see their reviews from other riders.

When the ride ends, you see a amount on your screen, and you agree. Instant paypal transfer. No cash exchanged, no cards swiped.. Its amazing.

After your ride, rate on a scale of 1-5. Driver does the same to you as a rider... so other drivers see YOUR star rating when you request a ride.

#658 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

70% cheaper than a cab.

I just did a fare estimate from Dallas Love Field to Frisco and it came back at $101 to $131. Yowsers - I'm seeing rental cars on Hotwire for $14 per day...

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#659 9 years ago

This is the actual receipt from one of our guests last year for a cab ride from DFW airport to the Embassy Suites in Frisco. My map shows DFW Airport is 22.2 miles from the Embassy Suites. Love Field is also 22 miles. This is just for information purposes only. Your milage may vary.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #661 9 years ago

Mind blowing that the Dallas taxis still use imprints.

I'm here for the entire week prior to TPF for a work related conference (IETF, for any fellow geeks). Uber's been working out great so far for the random rides near downtown.

#662 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

This is the actual receipt

Ed, that's some crazy-good record keeping!

Just pre-paid for a car for $43... pic it up on Friday afternoon; return it on Sunday afternoon.

-Rob
    -visit me at the TEXAS PINBALL Festival to get my daughterboard that help fix WPC pinball resets!

#663 9 years ago

I've got room for a couple more from DFW at around 4 p.m. on Friday. Meeting at the Budget rental counter.

#664 9 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Ed, that's some crazy-good record keeping!
    Just pre-paid for a car for $43... pic it up on Friday afternoon; return it on Sunday afternoon.
    -Rob
    -visit me at the TEXAS PINBALL Festival to get my daughterboard that help fix WPC pinball resets!

Where rid you get a car that cheap?

#665 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Where rid you get a car that cheap?

Hotwire.com pointed me to payless (paylesscar.com). They are off-airport but the on-airport big guys (Thrifty, National, Avis, etc.) had great prices on Hotwire for the weekend as well. The deals require you to pre-pay and you don't get a refund if you don't show up. I splurged and chose the mid-size over the compact which added $6 to the total cost. Will be interesting to see how they handle the automated toll road.

-Rob

#667 9 years ago

Rob, Are you going to have the System 3-7 sound board parts at the show as well?

#668 9 years ago

Rob will you be cash only at the show?

#669 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Rob, Are you going to have the System 3-7 sound board parts at the show as well?

Yes. I am also bringing example boards with these parts installed. Spent a lot of today packing that stuff up.

Quoted from Gov:

Rob will you be cash only at the show?

I can take Paypal as well. I did so at Allentown last year but only 2 people took me up on it.

-Rob

#670 9 years ago

Will Woah Nellie Beer be making an appearance?

The cans are very cool and id love to get one.

Full of course

--Jeff

#671 9 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I can take Paypal as well. I did so at Allentown last year but only 2 people took me up on it.

Good to hear. I need to pick up daughter board for my Doctor Who.

#672 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Post #666
    With sound??

What an Ominous post... sigh.

The game always had the stock sounds... nothing has been done on that project since slightly after TPF last year. I've gotten side tracked making mods for other people at Pinball-Mods.com

That's the problem with meeting self imposed deadlines... once the game works; you can't really re-open that can of worms.

My next hobby project is already starting to gain traction; BUT, unlike Predator - I won't be making any announcements until I have the license I require. Yes; the project is that huge / big. There is Still a huge chance it won't make to past the licensing stage.

Will Woah Nellie Beer be making an appearance?

The cans are very cool and id love to get one.

Full of course

My guess - not a CHANCE in HELL... Beer across state lines; in volume. nope.

#673 9 years ago

I've started a specific thread to see if we can do some car sharing/taxi fare sharing. I land at 1:30 pm on the Friday. Love to share costs of the trip to Hilton Gardens if possible. Just look for the Jetlagged/stunned Australian.

#674 9 years ago

Sorry, to be a party pooper.. but why is there only ONE THLE at TPF?

I mean if this game is imminent why not several?.. it will be impossible to
    play... with so many in line on one game..

Otherwise, Ed and all thanks for all you guys are doing and looking forward to it all...

#675 9 years ago

"imminent" ... heh. I don't believe that for a second. This time next year; maybe.

#677 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Mind blowing that the Dallas taxis still use imprints.
    I'm here for the entire week prior to TPF for a work related conference (IETF, for any fellow geeks). Uber's been working out great so far for the random rides near downtown.

That's when their credit card machines aren't "broken"

(cab drivers hate taking anything other than cash)

#678 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

The game always had the stock sounds... nothing has been done on that project since slightly after TPF last year. I've gotten side tracked making mods for other people at Pinball-Mods.com
    That's the problem with meeting self imposed deadlines... once the game works; you can't really re-open that can of worms.
    My next hobby project is already starting to gain traction; BUT, unlike Predator - I won't be making any announcements until I have the license I require. Yes; the project is that huge / big. There is Still a huge chance it won't make to past the licensing stage.

Man, I didn't know you worked for Stern now as that seems a bit to familiar? #where'sthesound

Just busting your chops of course That thing is a beauty.

#679 9 years ago

So- when does the festival actually open? I was under the impression that it wasn't until 5 PM on Friday (this is what is listed on the main Show Info page). I just read up on the tournaments and that part is apparently starting at 11 AM on Friday?

We've planned to get in and be ready for "opening" this year and maybe get a couple games in on a couple of the new titles and the tourney area before the longer evening lines. Looks like we should have planned to get there Thursday night.

#680 9 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

So- when does the festival actually open? I was under the impression that it wasn't until 5 PM on Friday (this is what is listed on the main Show Info page). I just read up on the tournaments and that part is apparently starting at 11 AM on Friday?
    We've planned to get in and be ready for "opening" this year and maybe get a couple games in on a couple of the new titles and the tourney area before the longer evening lines. Looks like we should have planned to get there Thursday night.

Tourney area is always up front and opens up in the morning.

#681 9 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

but why is there only ONE THLE at TPF?

Because it is impossible for every manufacturer to cover every show.

Ed and company did the best they could. And it is going to be an awesome TEXAS HUGE kind of a show.

LTG : )™

#682 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Disagree highly. For example, been screwed in Boston with an Uber driver who didn't know the city so that I missed my train. (Forfeited a free 1st-class upgrade on Acela too, grrr....) A cab would've had me there by a direct route. And they can be 2x or 3x as much as a cab, depending on whether their undisclosed "special" rates kick in. (Drop of rain or flake of snow? Holiday? Rush hour? Event in town? Beware of Uber!) And you may not know it until you're billed later.

Someone noted that their cab ride last year, airport to expo, was $65 with tip. NO WAY will Uber charge 70% less ($20????) for this same ride. Please don't post false info here. At least with a cab, you know what you're getting and it's properly regulated.

#683 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Disagree highly. For example, been screwed in Boston with an Uber driver who didn't know the city so that I missed my train. (Forfeited a free 1st-class upgrade on Acela too, grrr....) A cab would've had me there by a direct route. And they can be 2x or 3x as much as a cab, depending on whether their undisclosed "special" rates kick in. (Drop of rain or flake of snow? Holiday? Rush hour? Event in town? Beware of Uber!) And you may not know it until you're billed later.
    Someone noted that their cab ride last year, airport to expo, was $65 with tip. NO WAY will Uber charge 70% less ($20????) for this same ride. Please don't post false info here. At least with a cab, you know what you're getting and it's properly regulated.

My experiences have been different.

Never, ever had a problem with UBER. Yes, there are "high use" times, namely, at night on weekends, but this is told to you UP FRONT when using the app. When you put in your pickup location and destination it will say "1.5X rate in effect etc" BEFORE you request a car.

Please don't post false info here.

I really like getting a ride 2-4x quicker than a cab, I like not using cash/credit card, I like not having to tip, I like paying super low rates VS cab rates.

I have had several rides on UBER that were $4. In fact, UBER is so awesome and efficient, that I have used it to get around VS using my own car in a parking garage.

Uber is the fastest, most cost effective route (besides renting a car via hotwire) to go from the airport to Frisco. Use with confidence.

#684 9 years ago

No bark in that fight but "Zogo" on CSI Cyber killed it for me. I've heard a lot of good things about UBER in Austin as well but no personal experience. I do know the local cab companies are fighting hard to get groups like them banned from doing what they do.

#685 9 years ago

Not pinball, but still very cool! Fix It Felix Jr. will be at TPF2015!

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #686 9 years ago

I used Uber for the first time last weekend and it was amazingly convenient and pain free. Cost me three bucks each way for a couple of friends and I to go from my house to the bar and back.

#687 9 years ago

Thru the grumblings I've made in the past... I wanted to make it CLEAR that I appreciate Ed (and his family), Xerico, Paul, etc who spend their hard earned vacation time setting up to running this event. It by far is the most enjoyable show I go to on a yearly basis. Thru the years; they've listened to many of us... making minor but impactful changes to show... such as killing the DJ... Moving away from the Anatole... Adding food trucks.

I usually go up to Dallas at least twice a year. Both for Conventions. TPF and QuakeCon. QuakeCon continues to make their event less and less desirable... due to their unwillingness to curb bad behavior of children. TPF doesn't have this problem... It's clear they run the show like they wanna be treated and it shows in the quality of the guests and event dynamics.

Each year; I tell myself - time to pair down my traveling machines so I can fit back inside my trailer. And Each year I remember that Ed and his crew do 5000x more work than I do getting the show open to the public and I endup with a box truck full.

Additionally, I'm bring two virgins to the show this year who've never been. Both bought weekend tickets. I wouldn't have done that for a show I didn't like.

So; I appreciate each of you - and a volunteers for yet another awesome show in 2015. I have no doubt it'll be another record year. For now please accept my :thumbs up: and :virtual pat on the back: until we meet of Thursday.

#688 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Not pinball, but still very cool! Fix It Felix Jr. will be at TPF2015!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

is it Kaneda's ?

#689 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Thru the grumblings I've made in the past... I wanted to make it CLEAR that I appreciate Ed (and his family), Xerico, Paul, etc who spend their hard earned vacation time setting up to running this event. It by far is the most enjoyable show I go to on a yearly basis. Thru the years; they've listened to many of us... making minor but impactful changes to show... such as killing the DJ... Moving away from the Anatole... Adding food trucks.
    I usually go up to Dallas at least twice a year. Both for Conventions. TPF and QuakeCon. QuakeCon continues to make their event less and less desirable... due to their unwillingness to curb bad behavior of children. TPF doesn't have this problem... It's clear they run the show like they wanna be treated and it shows in the quality of the guests and event dynamics.
    Each year; I tell myself - time to pair down my traveling machines so I can fit back inside my trailer. And Each year I remember that Ed and his crew do 5000x more work than I do getting the show open to the public and I endup with a box truck full.
    Additionally, I'm bring two virgins to the show this year who've never been. Both bought weekend tickets. I wouldn't have done that for a show I didn't like.
    So; I appreciate each of you - and a volunteers for yet another awesome show in 2015. I have no doubt it'll be another record year. For now please accept my :thumbs up: and :virtual pat on the back: until we meet of Thursday.

don't tell my 'ol lady........ but..... it's the most fun weekend of the year

#690 9 years ago

Game count is already higher than noted

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #691 9 years ago

I know TSKINNE is coming from Indiana, so you can scratch another state off

Also, I was just thinking today at how the show last year was pretty much my highlight of the year. I had so much fun. I can't wait until Friday!

#692 9 years ago

All my bags are packed .... I'm ready to go ... I'm leavin' on a jet plane ...

(Just a couple more days!)

#693 9 years ago

I arrive Dallas Ft Worth Friday 9:40am.

TPF Here I come !

I'll be where the MMR booth is.

#694 9 years ago

Question. I ordered weekend passes. Are they being mailed? Or do I pick them up at the show itself?

#695 9 years ago

Grey - in every case I've seen; you "will call" at the registration booth at the show.
    As an exhibitor registered for Months; I never get badges until the day of the show.

I think this makes perfect sense - who wants to pay for shipping when you are going to be there anyway. And the lines are never long (as I've seen).

#696 9 years ago

Im arriving at DFW airport friday about 12:30 pm. I'll have a rental car so if anyone needs a ride from the airport around that time I can give you a lift. Just pm me (unless you are a murderer, rapist, or other nefarious type of person).

#697 9 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Just pm me (unless you are a murderer, rapist, or other nefarious type of person).

And if we are, we should just call you instead?

#698 9 years ago

ockquote cite="#2333922">And if we are, we should just call you instead?

Exactly!

Insert drum rimshot here

#699 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

TPF Here I come !

You have offered good advice & helped me out several times in the recent past with fixing problems on my machines .... I will be sure to stop by the booth & say Hello

#700 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

TPF Here I come !

Lloyd! I'm glad you're making it back to town!!

There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2015-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.